PDA

View Full Version : Big Mamas..........

catawampuscat
January 3rd, 2006, 23:56
Some friends want to go to Big Mamas in DayNite, very close to Tukcom. Center..I have heard it is run by a Black American lesbian and the cooking is southern US with ribs being number one.. I heard from one friend that he liked Cafe New Orleans style of ribs more and would like to know if others have eaten there and what they thought.. I am not really interested in the service or amenities but want to know about the ribs...

January 4th, 2006, 15:52
Some friends want to go to Big Mamas in DayNite, very close to Tukcom. Center.

Maybe I'm confused--Nothing unusual--but isn't it in the Tukcom Center or the renovated mall--Aren't they the same? (I said, 'Maybe I'm confused.') If so, I think I've been there, had them. Okay, if you happen to be there anyway, but not worth a special trip. I think New Orleans is much better but, like chile and pizza, when, it comes to ribs, no two people seem to agree.

January 4th, 2006, 21:33
Tuk.com is an electronics place. Why would you think there are ribs to be found there?

Geezer
January 4th, 2006, 22:48
ThereтАЩs a large restaurant and a Tops market in TukCom.

This avatar is an 18 year old Thai boxer. If you could see his face you would fall in love.

January 4th, 2006, 23:00
Are they beef or pork ribs? Anyway, for most rib lovers bigger does not necessarily mean better. The small, baby back pork ribs are the best for me.

Geezer
January 4th, 2006, 23:23
тАЬWhere's the corn bread? Where's the collards?тАЭ

тАжand biscuits, and gravy!

2lz2p
January 5th, 2006, 14:13
Yeah! Also where is the sweet tater (potato) pie?

January 5th, 2006, 15:04
And a meat pie and a can of Tooheys.

January 5th, 2006, 15:52
ThereтАЩs a large restaurant and a Tops market in TukCom..
Thank You.

This avatar is an 18 year old Thai boxer. If you could see his face you would fall in love.
I love his ribs already!

PS: Drab decor in a lesbian's restaurant! Who'd a'thunk it!

catawampuscat
January 10th, 2006, 15:28
I was hoping to see at least a couple of positive reviews of rib place but since nobody seems to think it is worth a visit , I will pass on going..
Maybe she needs to rework the concept and add the sweet potatoes, corn bread etc... Time will tell..........

Up2U
January 11th, 2006, 14:35
About a week ago a group of friends and I checked it out. The food might be OK, but the restaurant is very basic and not the least bit inviting. We decided to go to the Flamingo where we had a very average, unexciting meal.