PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me? Or has this forum died?

March 17th, 2006, 19:55
Is it just me or has this forum died?

Rogelio
March 17th, 2006, 20:30
No it is not just you. For many people it is too much to access the board through a proxy server. And you have to look for another one (proxy server) almost every day. This kills the most active board.

:blackeye:

March 18th, 2006, 01:02
It is quiet season goodlad. :blackknight:

elephantspike
March 18th, 2006, 01:25
If you download UltraSurf (http://www.ultrareach.com/company/download.htm), you can access the board without having to look for new proxies all the time. I have posted and pinned that to the top of both boards, mass emailed it to all members of both boards and mentioned it repeatedly every time the subject comes up on both boards. I don't know what else I can possibly do if people ignore me when I am continually screaming about this easy and completely free way around the block. Everyone who has bothered to download that one tiny 100kb free software is having no problem getrting around the block. I can't help people who refuse to read my instructions.

Also the free portable Firefox (http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/browsers/portable_firefox) browser with Torpark anti-censorship software works. That one you can put on a removable storage device and take into cyber-cafes or anywhere and plug it in and use that as your browser and you won't be blocked.

If you for whatever reason choose to stay with finding proxy servers, proxyblind (http://www.proxyblind.org/forum.shtml) publishes dozens of new proxies daily on their forum.

March 18th, 2006, 01:28
Sit and relax and think

March 18th, 2006, 01:46
happy

Jetsam
March 18th, 2006, 02:14
Sit and relax and think Thai...

http://upload4.postimage.org/22603/snobbeeu603.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/22603/photo_hosting.html)

is that you?

Happy trousers, madness is still around :cheers:

March 18th, 2006, 05:10
Well I get the impression there are a lot less hits... is that true oh Mighty Elephant?

March 18th, 2006, 07:01
But sure this is not you Jetsam !

http://upload4.postimage.org/24007/2089906492440600aba39a2.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/24007/photo_hosting.html)

Undercover Boy from Amsterdam

elephantspike
March 18th, 2006, 07:05
It's a little slow today, but not anything less than what is normally the slow end of the ordinary ebb and flow. On slow days, there are between 5 and 12 posters online at a time. On busy days it is more like 10-30. Sometimes you get a lot of people reading, but not many new posts. Sometimes practically everyone who logs-in posts. It is totally random. The block has been in effect for 3 weeks now. We broke our record for the most people online at once a few days after the block went into effect. I think it is a bit early to pronounce it dead. Unfortunately, those of you in Thailand have to take an extra couple of steps to log-in for now.

Baziel: I'll take "More Happy" :geek:

Dick
March 18th, 2006, 07:21
Baziel - You have made half of the posts in this thread. What did you convey to us? Nothing.
If all you can manage are comments like 'happy', 'sit and relax', and 'is this you', then yes the Board will surely die... of boredom.

ES - He's your mate... and he's surely bought enough karma. Promote the guy to super illustrious member or something, so he won't feel he has to write drivvel so often just to boost his posting score. Maybe then his ego will be satisfied and he'll give us quality not quantity posts.

Harsh maybe, but think about it.

March 18th, 2006, 07:51
Dicky Dick wrote :

Baziel - You have made half of the posts in this thread. What did you convey to us? Nothing.
If all you can manage are comments like 'happy', 'sit and relax', and 'is this you', then yes the Board will surely die... of boredom.

Dicky Dick what did you convey to us ? Pissing on posters on this board. Go look TV boy !

I let your karma go up one , maybe you not feel so jealous now !

March 18th, 2006, 08:21
Dick did convey something. Your posts were meaningless and boring. No posts are better than drivel. Come on others, post something and save the forum.

elephantspike
March 18th, 2006, 08:31
Well, GL, I'm not going to take sides regarding the perceived objective quality of the posts on this thread (although, as I indicate above, the guy in the picture posted by Baziel with the "More Happy" caption is just gorgeous, and what wonderful photography) but Goodlad, your post has received 13 replies and over 432 views in just over 12 hours. Traffic-wise, I would not call that dead.

March 18th, 2006, 08:44
Dick me mate,I couldnt work out mate what you are gettin at.I couldnt understand what you mean,cant you write it in Australian slang?

March 18th, 2006, 09:06
goodlad wrote :

Big one liner Goodlad, but Way you asking for others to post something ? I am sure you a big boy now and post something important bey yourself.

Pissing on posters on this board seems a good quality, more as bringing good post yourself.

You must be happy Goodlad, if i make your one liner : is this forum died : I answer white post !

If some old Grammies think they can bring more important postings as me, well i am waiting ! But i am sure mister Sydney not boring me as most off you !

elephantspike
March 18th, 2006, 12:34
Is God dead?........

Aunty
March 18th, 2006, 15:27
Well just go ahead and root me stupid twice on Sundays, but it seems the flaming gallah is having a good old fashioned whinge (another whinging Pom?). He reckons the Forums are flater than a cane toad on the road in Queensland.

March 18th, 2006, 17:36

Consensus seems to be, it's you...who has died.
R.I.P. :crybaby:

March 18th, 2006, 18:13
In the year 2649 the Knights of the Internet sought to test the ultimate search engine that would sort the good from the bad, the deserving from the undeserving, the paid-up from the free-wheelers, the pods from the cast.

Everything went well till the engine stumbled into the archives of a little-known website, popular at the beginning of the millennium amongst homosexual travelers to an Asian Kingdom known mostly for the ability of its inhabitants to smile in the face of gruesome adversity including tactile relations with tourists and the retired. It was this engine's attempts to make sense of some of the posts thereon (including this one) that brought about the age of the artificial nervous breakdown.

It is now well-accepted that but for the existence of this incomprehensible chaff mankind would have been forever doomed to bidding on F-bay and reviewing the offerings and trading histories of bankrupt micromerchants intent on stuffing their virtual purses by promising goods that seldom met the expectations created by their holographic representations.

This was the event that led to the crash of the Web, showed Berners- Lee to be a false God and restored the meaning of Java to be a brown liquid ingested in the morning.

elephantspike
March 18th, 2006, 23:53
:notworthy: Praised be Java! :notworthy: (and Pearl, too!)

bkkguy
March 19th, 2006, 00:03
(and Pearl, too!)

Pearls are what you cast before swine, perl is what you need to replace your daily java - but I think you have enough on your plate with php!

bkkguy

Jetsam
March 19th, 2006, 01:43
(and Pearl, too!)

Pearls are what you cast before swine,

bkkguy

No wonder Pearl is not posting that often anymore, Orient swine are beast :cyclopsani:

March 19th, 2006, 07:31
No i dont think the forum has kicked the bucket so to speak mate.
But i havnt heard of many posters now for quite a few years.One poster hasnt been on here for over 5 years.Whatever happened to ...........................................Khuniya ng sanitree?

The colonel?
Hedda?
And many many others?
Maybe they cum and they go.CUM and go.

March 19th, 2006, 07:40
Is God dead?........No, no - I'm here, just keeping very quiet

March 19th, 2006, 07:41
Well just go ahead and root me stupid twice on Sundays,Careful, Aunty - he does it bareback

March 19th, 2006, 11:05
My job is finished for the time being. I provoked (or sparked) some people to stop lurking and start posting again. Thanks all.