PDA

View Full Version : Is 18 old enoough for a sailor?

jinks
September 29th, 2008, 23:19
http://www.jinks.clara.net/11ads/1119lecafe.jpg

Jetsam
September 30th, 2008, 00:27
Is 18 old enough for a sailor?

yes it is , only not old enough to enter the bar, you have to wait 3 more years if you 18, only in Thailand , oh wait there is another country where you can fight and die in a war zone at 18 but have to be 21 to have a beer legally.

off topic : nice line up there, El duo and Khun Toi :geek:

markie1
September 30th, 2008, 03:07

yes it is , only not old enough to enter the bar, you have to wait 3 more years if you 18, only in Thailand , oh wait there is another country where you can fight and die in a war zone at 18 but have to be 21 to have a beer legally.i beleive that is 20 not 21 loll

topjohn5
September 30th, 2008, 03:09

yes it is , only not old enough to enter the bar, you have to wait 3 more years if you 18, only in Thailand , oh wait there is another country where you can fight and die in a war zone at 18 but have to be 21 to have a beer legally.

Actually, That is quite unfair and quite incorrect. While the USA has the higest legal drinking age in the world and, I think it is too high personally, it is not the only country. Thailand has a 21 legal age for bars but you can purchase at a younger age in the store and consume, as some sources state, at any age at home. Paraguay also, has 21 years an age in bars but also allows purchase at 18. There are in fact 5 other countries that have an age of 21 for legal drinking! There are 7 when you add Thailand and Paraguay for bars.
It is also simply USA-bashing on your part to not mention that there are many countries where it is totally illegal to drink (7 countries) or illegal for some (muslims) and not for others (I don't have that total count at my fingertips but could get it if you care).....
Again, I feel the USA limit is too high and should be changed! But, be fair in you assessments Jetsam!

September 30th, 2008, 05:27

Actually, That is quite unfair and quite incorrect. While the USA has the higest legal drinking age in the world and, I think it is too high personally, it is not the only country. Thailand has a 21 legal age for bars but you can purchase at a younger age in the store and consume, as some sources state, at any age at home. Paraguay also, has 21 years an age in bars but also allows purchase at 18. There are in fact 5 other countries that have an age of 21 for legal drinking! There are 7 when you add Thailand and Paraguay for bars.
It is also simply USA-bashing on your part to not mention that there are many countries where it is totally illegal to drink (7 countries) or illegal for some (muslims) and not for others (I don't have that total count at my fingertips but could get it if you care).....
Again, I feel the USA limit is too high and should be changed! But, be fair in you assessments Jetsam!

There is NO USA in the post from Jetsam !

If you imagine it is USA, it's up to you but don't blaim Jetsam for that . :flower:

topjohn5
September 30th, 2008, 05:35
I stand corrected baziel! He most certainly was discussing Fiji in his post!!!

mahjongguy
September 30th, 2008, 10:14
Thailand has a 21 legal age for bars but you can purchase at a younger age in the store...

Sorry, not correct. Last year the legal age for purchasing alcohol at a store (e.g. 7/11) was raised to 20, same as in a pub or club.

September 30th, 2008, 11:42
The army takes them at eighteen and so do I (Mae West)

September 30th, 2008, 11:43
The army takes them at eighteen and so do I (Mae West)I'm (at least) 18. Where's mine?

lonelywombat
September 30th, 2008, 11:58
The army takes them at eighteen and so do I (Mae West)I'm (at least) 18. Where's mine?

To answer the OP question

just right

September 30th, 2008, 23:16
Nice to see pointed out that both the US and arab states have a similar strict outlook towards alcohol. They also share, of course, a homophobic outlook and a love of the death penalty.
It is forgotten often how similar to each other in some viewpoints are Christian and islamic religious extremists.

Diec
October 1st, 2008, 01:51

Oh homo...you are so cute!! Wanting his "share" at an 18 year old. I don't know how that would work since your are probably over 3 times that age...but maybe if you tell the 18 year old you can take out your teeth, his eyes may light up at the prospect!!

October 1st, 2008, 02:29
oh wait there is another country where you can fight and die in a war zone at 18 ....

... if British, actually at 17 (apart, rather strangely, in Northern Ireland, where you are not allowed "on the streets" until 18).

October 1st, 2008, 03:47
Oh homo...you are so cute!! Wanting his "share" at an 18 year old. I don't know how that would work since your are probably over 3 times that age...but maybe if you tell the 18 year old you can take out your teeth, his eyes may light up at the prospect!!I'll only be sharing him with another 18 year old - and I'm four times his age, thank you very much! I'm told that head jobs by the toothless can be more exciting (but I certainly can't speak from personal experience). I generally find their eyes light up when I hand over the tip, but that's probably me being an old sceptic

October 1st, 2008, 06:06
18 year old - and I'm four times his age, thank you very much!

Which isn't a very big age :bigsmurf: