PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading Thailand Ltd

September 29th, 2008, 08:36
Call me negative, or call me a scaremonger, but I really do think BIG cracks are starting to appear in Thailand Ltd. The country is getting more and more negative publicity through the internet with visitors simply not prepared to stay quiet about service failures, disappointments and scams. More and more foreigners are saying enough is enough. From double pricing to genuine safety concerns to inherent corruption to service failures, Thailand is going to have to pull its socks up if it wants to compete in the 21st century. One area where the country has rated fairly well in the past has been its (private) healthcare service and booming medical tourism. Well, I hate to say it but the cracks are starting to appear there too. Here are a couple of current, ongoing threads on Thailand's two best expat forums, Thai360.com and PattayaSecrets.com which highlight users' concerns with medical care in Thailand. Some of the entries are scary!

September 29th, 2008, 15:17
Thailand was recently rated as the cheapest holiday destiination, so our fellow Brits will keep coming. (Though they'll probably still bring enough sandwiches to tide them over the first few days).