PDA

View Full Version : Australian student visas for Thais

September 26th, 2008, 03:27
A friend in the business has told me that the Australians are becoming much more transparent about their visa processes, particularly for student visas. It wasn't that long ago that only a Thai family member could put up the funds to sponsor a Thai as a student. Not any more. So those Aussies who want to get their boyfriend into Australia as a student and then apply for residence on the basis of the relationship, here's the official government information. And I understand that Australia is quietly "solving" its aging population problem by handing out residence in a generous manner. Anyone who goes to Australia as a university student and gets a 4-year or a Master's degree apparently on application automatically gets residence. From someone who told me he's done this, I believe you have only to show the funds are in the sponsor's bank account, not the student's bank account - and you could have borrowed them for a couple of days and then re-paid them. It sounds like a doddle

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/student ... ancial.htm (http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/573-1/financial.htm)

Note to the Mods: I wasn't sure where to put this, as strictly speaking it's not about Thailand at all; feel free to move it elsewhere. I thought if it's here, however, it's more likely to be found by our Australian chums wth Thai boyfriends

September 26th, 2008, 08:04
Thanks for a timely post

lonelywombat
September 26th, 2008, 08:40
Thanks for the post it is indeed timely

One of the things that is being exploited ATM is the shortage of cooks and chefs in OZ Overseas students mainly from India and China are registering in full time cooking courses , 18-24 months after which they qualify for permanent residence

They still have to wait at least 5 years for citizenship, but do not have to work as a cook. Stupid but that is what is happening

ATM we have hundreds of graduates from India many with IT qualifications ,who are useless in a kitchen after 18 months study, getting in to Oz through the back door

September 26th, 2008, 09:06
One of the things that is being exploited ATM is the shortage of cooks and chefs in OZ Oddly enough hairdressers are also in short supply, so the same friend tells me. You can find out all about it via http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/

Beachlover
September 26th, 2008, 20:34
Yeh a lot of skilled occupations are in short demand here.

Aha! So that explains it. There are so many horny young Thai students in Sydney just wanting some attention. There's something about Thai boys... I've rarely met a Thai boy here who wasn't a hottie... in fact I can't remember any who weren't good looking at all. Some are really smart too.

And something makes them really loveable... like you want to take care of them...

September 26th, 2008, 21:01
Yeh a lot of skilled occupations are in short demand here.

Aha! So that explains it. There are so many horny young Thai students in Sydney just wanting some attention. There's something about Thai boys... I've rarely met a Thai boy here who wasn't a hottie... in fact I can't remember any who weren't good looking at all. Some are really smart too.

And something makes them really loveable... like you want to take care of them...

Good luck with that, beachlover! :-) Of course, there are even MORE horny young Thai students in Thailand! :-0 Sorry, just teasing!

A wreck of a human being, just like all the regulars on this board...

But still mildly irritated...I wanted to go out tonight, but feel a cold coming on. Drat! Can't invite a guy over, either, without feeling like Typhoid Mary.

Well, Australian Chardonnary will just have to do....

September 27th, 2008, 07:48
Well, Australian Chardonnary will just have to do....Can someone from Australia tell me what "Chardonnary" is?

September 27th, 2008, 08:24
Well, Australian Chardonnary will just have to do....Can someone from Australia tell me what "Chardonnary" is?

If you are unsuccessful in your attempt to get a response to your question from any of those fair dinkum dinky di blues among the members here from down under, I would be more than happy as someone from Thailand, that would do his utmost best in endeavoring to explain to you as well as everyone else here, the type of supercilious prick I believe one would need to be, in order to ask such a question as the one above in the first place. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/whistling.gif

There you go nosy, first bit of ammo you have had from me personally, in a l o n g while. Going by the length of time that you have made previous remarks of mine last, the above should be able to keep you going in anti George posts, for at least the next six months. Enjoy. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/4954514.gif

Cheers,

G.

September 27th, 2008, 08:42
It's what you get when you put ordinary plonk into an oak barrel and then sell it as perfume! The Aussies do it far better than anyone else, and charge more for it.

September 27th, 2008, 08:59
Everyone knows what chardonnary is: you must have heard the song:

Three little maids who, all unwary,
Come from a 'Strayan seminary,
Drunk as a skunk on chardonnary
Three little maids from schoow (bis)

lonelywombat
September 27th, 2008, 10:37

"""Chardonnay which originates from Burgundy and Chablis in France is the most popular and widely planted white wine variety in Australia.

Chardonnay thrives in almost any climate producing rich flavoursome wines in a warm climate and wines with more complexity and finesse in a cool-climate. Chardonnay is often aged in oak although in recent times unwooded styles have become popular."""""

Personally I prefer sav blanc

""""Sauvignon Blanc is used to make fresh, vibrant wine styles with none of the heaviness of Chardonnay or the floral tones of Riesling. Its flavour profile is in harmony with Semillon and consequently these varieties are often blended together"""

you can find more on wine types here
http://www.winediva.com.au/grapes/sauvignon-blanc.asp

But as far as LOS in concerned Chardonnay was the name of my all time favourite bar in Soi Twilight

September 27th, 2008, 10:55
Well, Australian Chardonnary will just have to do....Can someone from Australia tell me what "Chardonnary" is?Chardonnay which originates from Burgundy and Chablis in France is the most popular and widely planted white wine variety in Australia.Oh, so you're saying Henry didn't know what he was talking about when he mentioned chardonnary?

lonelywombat
September 27th, 2008, 11:04
Well, Australian Chardonnary will just have to do....

Can someone from Australia tell me what "Chardonnary" is?

Chardonnay which originates from Burgundy and Chablis in France is the most popular and widely planted white wine variety in Australia.

Oh, so you're saying Henry didn't know what he was talking about when he mentioned chardonnary?

No he is just drinking a bottle of chardonnay from Australia

Chardonnay
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chardonnay is a green-skinned grape variety used to make white wine. It is believed to have originated in the Burgundy wine region of eastern France but is now grown wherever wine is produced, from England to New Zealand. For new and developing wine regions, growing Chardonnay is seen as a "rite of passage" and an easy segue into the international wine market.[1]

September 27th, 2008, 14:50
A pretentous and girlie white wine drunk by closet ozies.

lonelywombat
September 27th, 2008, 17:38
A pretentous and girlie white wine drunk by closet ozies.

You obviously are a fan.. happy drinking.