PDA

View Full Version : Balcony's Kamikaze drinks

dab69
March 15th, 2006, 23:19
having switched to a local kamikaze drink lately (tall ones differ a bit)
shot vodka
shot triple sec
shot lime
top off with lemonade or sour mix

I was astounded at this blue drink.
"Max" (friendly waiter) could not understand my request/question
but I finally found out that kamikazes are available in several colors.
Could anyone expound on this?

Didn't make it back from Pattaya for boy reasons :)

March 16th, 2006, 00:21
Simply adding blue curacao gives the color - but still adds the orange flavour that is otherwise provided by the triple sec

Cura├зao is a general term for orange-flavored liqueur made from the dried peel of bitter oranges found on the Caribbean island of Cura├зao.

Cura├зao can be colored orange (known as Orange Cura├зao or only Cura├зao), blue (Blue Cura├зao), green (Green Cura├зao) or left clear (White Cura├зao). All variants have the same flavor, with small variations in bitterness. Blue and green Cura├зao are often used to provide color to mixed drinks.

dab69
March 16th, 2006, 12:17
i just sometimes see a bartender mixing something colorful (but not umbrella-topped) and want to try it.

have always wanted to just say to the local bartender here and say fix me something blue or green or....

perhaps someone from the Balcony staff could enlighten us further in advance oif my vacation* next year? generally there is an extra mix thrown in when it is a "drink" instead of a "shot"

think I had noticed this two years ago as well, but had forgotten and just ordered a beer again.

*vacation: normalspeak for Aussie "holiday"