PDA

View Full Version : Buffet and/or Nice Big Portion Restaurant in Pattaya?

September 21st, 2008, 18:39
Kuddos guys for answering my questions regarding places to stay and do in Pattaya. I really look forward to coming down in Oct. :cheers:

I love having all-you-can-eat buffets or big portion Italian/American meals. Do you have any idea of some "must-go" places? Is that Sizzler place still around in Royal Plaza (been there like 10years ago).

Thanks guys...:naka:

September 21st, 2008, 19:17
You should get on really well with the large majority of Queen's residing in Pattaya stockyguy, like you, they are also into big portions. :angel4:

Cheers mate, hope your trip is a really good one.

George.

bing
September 21st, 2008, 19:45
I find Leks Hotel on Soi 2 just a minute or two on the baht bus from boys town is a great place for breakfast. They welcome your Thai friend as well. You can eat Thail or Western all you can eat breakfast for 100 baht. You can eat and also see the clean pool as background. The Day/Night hotel on South Soi
is all you can eat for 120 baht, but tour bus groups can be a pill to endure, and the food seems to sit unattended a bit more than at Leks, but if you like this variety of breakfast, you can chow down well. Finally, my favorite is the Bakery just up the road from Brunos Restaurant. It offers a menu and they will charge for an extra cup of coffee, but for the ham and eggs type breakfast with their fresh rolls is a good, check that, very good breakfast.

Appreciate the kind words to start your post, persnally I tend to spell the word, KUDOS.

thrillbill
September 21st, 2008, 20:38
Pattaya: Since we are asking about all "you can eat buffets" what to the Pattaya readers know where one can go to a decent salad bar beyond the typical iceberg lettuce, chopped up carrots, onions, and tomatoes? This will upset the "fine dining" crowd, but the only decent salad bar I have found in town is at Sizzlers, but their food is..is...questionable. (Try their grilled chicken which is like smashed mystery meat (could it be dog or rat meat disguised imported from China?). I don't care about the cost, I just want a decent salad bar to go to once in awhile.

TrongpaiExpat
September 21st, 2008, 22:12
I love having all-you-can-eat buffets or big portion Italian/American meals. Do you have any idea of some "must-go" places? Is that Sizzler place still around in Royal Plaza (been there like 10years ago).

It's still there.

There was this guy on the old Dreaded Ned board that used to talk a lot about Sizzlers at the Royal Garden, is that YOU? Name was Rick-something and he carried a flash light.

September 22nd, 2008, 00:12
I have not been to -- or talked about -- the Sizzler in Pattaya since 1998. Happy to know it's still around. I am just wondering, do people have buffet or all-you-can-eat for breakfast only? Or people are too busy going for a different kind of "buffet" at night? haha. :naka:

Brad the Impala
September 22nd, 2008, 00:15

It's still there.

There was this guy on the old Dreaded Ned board that used to talk a lot about Sizzlers at the Royal Garden, is that YOU? Name was Rick-something and he carried a flash light.

And how would he know of Sizzler's existence and venue if he had never been to Pattaya? I guess that he and Rick share their typewriter with Bad boy Billy!

September 22nd, 2008, 01:37
I find Leks Hotel on Soi 2 just a minute or two on the baht bus from boys town is a great place for breakfast. They welcome your Thai friend as well. You can eat Thail or Western all you can eat breakfast for 100 baht. You can eat and also see the clean pool as background. The Day/Night hotel on South Soi
is all you can eat for 120 baht, but tour bus groups can be a pill to endure, and the food seems to sit unattended a bit more than at Leks, but if you like this variety of breakfast, you can chow down well. Finally, my favorite is the Bakery just up the road from Brunos Restaurant. It offers a menu and they will charge for an extra cup of coffee, but for the ham and eggs type breakfast with their fresh rolls is a good, check that, very good breakfast.

Appreciate the kind words to start your post, persnally I tend to spell the word, KUDOS.

Lek Hotel Soi 2.....Dont you mean Sai Song??.........Day Night Hotel South Soi.........Don't you mean Pattaya Thai??You trying to get the guy lost :albino: :idea: :idea:

Patexpat
September 22nd, 2008, 14:05
well for what some might consider the 'ultimate' buffet, try Casa Pascal's Sunday Brunch - Pascal doesn't do it in low season, but it's due to start up again next month. Unbelievably yummy (like most of the food there) with a top quality selection. Price usually includes a glass of bubbly to get you started .... ..

lonelywombat
September 22nd, 2008, 14:32
I find Leks Hotel on Soi 2 just a minute or two on the baht bus from boys town is a great place for breakfast. They welcome your Thai friend as well. You can eat Thail or Western all you can eat breakfast for 100 baht. You can eat and also see the clean pool as background.

Leks Hotel breakfast buffet is on second road between Boyztown and Centre Road, beach side For an old fellow the distance is not far, an easy walk from Boyztown. If you are in Sunee area or Jomtien the same baht bus stops at the door. Roughly 200 yards past Royal Garden Plaza

September 22nd, 2008, 15:46
This restaurant is just outside Sunee Plaza. Every Wednesday it has an All you Can Eat dinner. Very inexpensive and very good.

Someone may be able to post god directions.

globalwanderer
September 22nd, 2008, 16:08
This restaurant is just outside Sunee Plaza. Every Wednesday it has an All you Can Eat dinner. Very inexpensive and very good.

Someone may be able to post god directions.

I am sure God knows where it is, although a name for this restaurant would help the rest of us

September 22nd, 2008, 16:29
Ole is the name of the restaurant, globalwanderer. It was written in the Subject of the post. I hope this makes it clearer to you

Irish1972
September 22nd, 2008, 21:12
The Royal Cliff do a buffet on a Saturday night

September 22nd, 2008, 21:13
The Royal Cliff do a buffet on a Saturday night

Just one Saturday night? Which one?

Irish1972
September 22nd, 2008, 21:21
matter to you! :blackeye:

bao-bao
September 22nd, 2008, 23:02
I'll add another vote for the breakfast buffet at the Lek hotel. Not the fanciest in the kingdom but it does have a wide variety of both western/asian dishes at a good price. It's a large, bright dining room, open on two sides to the garden and pool area.

The hotel itself is more than adequate but I was disappointed to find that there are NO non-smoking rooms in the whole place. I can't bitch too loudly because I knew this when I booked it (it's a long story) but I was still surprised how much the room reeked of tobacco.

The staff was pleasant enough, though - and it's a nice central location at a fair price.
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2676.jpg