PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question: Place to Stay and Go in Pattaya

September 20th, 2008, 21:38
:cheers: Kudos to all you fine gents and I have decided to come to Pattaya instead of confining in over-priced Bangkok. :cheers:

I have a few questions requiring your two cents, and thank you for taking my being-asked-a-million-times questions in advance.

(1) I wonder if TWO-GUYS a good compromise between Jomtien and Boyztown? 10 mins walk to both ends correct? Or would you suggest the new Sansuk guesthouse and have all my fantasies fulfilled there?

(2) I vaguely there is like this beach you go by taking a B20 boat, do you guys have a gay version for it? Am I too naive to believe there will be a long white beach with boys running around? OK I know the answer :drunken: but really is there like this remote beach people gay people go?

Thank you guys...MUAH :geek:

Jetsam
September 20th, 2008, 23:08
(1) I wonder if Sunee Plaza a good compromise between Jomtien and Boyztown? 10 mins walk to both ends correct?

More like 40 minutes and 4 minutes

10years ago I could rent a chair and towels for B100 and pig-feed myself for B500 the whole day.

Rent of chair is B20 , never rented towels always bring myself, I think you've been ripped off 10 years ago :cheers:

September 20th, 2008, 23:25
Stay in Bangkok :idea:

September 20th, 2008, 23:34
ouch Jetsam LOL I'll remember B20 for chair from now on. so which hotel would you recommend? Or would you recommend sunee plaza in the first place?

September 21st, 2008, 00:33
Gay Pattaya Etiquette
What is the current etiquette on gay Jomtien

I gently let you know that such a question is not socially acceptable ! This uncomfortable question is something you never considered if you go to Pattaya and gay Jomtien. If you processed the idea of becoming a boy for sex . :clown:

do people just chill and read a book?

You might want to be aware of giving people too much credit .

September 21st, 2008, 02:50
Hi Baziel: Point taken and I have modified my question a bit. Hopefully it will attract more useful advice.

bing
September 21st, 2008, 05:20
Welcome, You will have the time of your life in Pattaya. Two Guys is a good place, you might like to look at Howards Guest House, it also has good location and is close to all things you will want to see. The beach you will want to see in called Jomtien, and can be reached for 20 baht on a baht buss at the end of Soi VC or Soi 17. It will take 10 to 15 minutes. You might spring for 40 baht and you can get a motor bike guy to take you in about 7 minutes to beach. He will deposit you as far along the walking path as is allowed. Then you walk in the same direction for a few minutes till you see the public toilet on the left, just past it is the gay section, The motor bike boy will pick you up at the end of the day if you want him to do that. There are several places to see in the Jomtien area. After a day at beach you might like a massage at the Thai Blind Massage Institute. Just go to the 7/11 store and get a motor bike boy to take you for 20 baht. Dont worry about not speaking Thai, just hold your hands over your eyes and then do massage motion like you are rubbing someones neck,, he will smile and take you there in about 2 minutes. Also the Bamboo bar is hopping at the close of the day. It is just up from the 7/11 store. I'm sure you will have a great time. I chose the Ambiance Hotel for my first trip. A bit more per night, still cheap for a great location in Boystown, It is a nice place to get your bearings as it is in the heart of the action. Some of the guys like Cafe Royale across the street, both are perfectly fine. So you have lots of choices to make, the planning can be half the fun.

TOQ
September 21st, 2008, 06:19
(1) I wonder if Sunee Plaza a good compromise between Jomtien and Boyztown? 10 mins walk to both ends correct?

10years ago I could rent a chair and towels for B100 and pig-feed myself for B500 the whole day.

Rent of chair is B20 , never rented towels always bring myself, I think you've been ripped off 10 years ago :cheers:

If im not mistaken the chair rents at Jomtien have gone all the way up to 30B :)

john

September 21st, 2008, 08:32
Welcome, You will have the time of your life in Pattaya.I always find this sort of claim incredible. What people usually mean is "I have the time of my life" and unstated "so please validate my experience". The number of people who've told me over the years how much I would love a particular place/restaurant/book/movie is rather large, and the number of places/restaurants/books/movies I've enjoyed based on those recommendations very small
the planning can be half the funWhile the anticipated pleasure often exceeds the pleasure experienced (and forms the basis of the Second Noble Truth - see http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15886.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/the-four-noble-truths-of-peteruk-and-others-t15886.html) ), if that statement is literally true then you'd have to ask yourself "Why bother?"

September 21st, 2008, 14:38
I found the Sansuk guesthouse to be a great place for me, and since you mentioned it, I recommend at least a couple nights there. More expensive than other options, but I found everything to be really first class. New facility with great rooms and the joint location with the sauna, restaurant, and pool worked well. Transportation to the beach or bar never a problem with the baht bus or motorcycle boys. The staff truly went the extra mile to serve. The boys I brought back loved the place and the free access to the sauna facilities.

September 21st, 2008, 19:37

40 minutes Jetsam? You could crawl there on your hands and knees in a quicker time. Don't tell me, that's what you did isn't it? ;) I do Rayong in less than 40 minutes from Pattaya.

Cheers,

George.

bing
September 21st, 2008, 20:00
Wow, the Buddhist philisophy has really taken root in you, All life is Pain. It may seem to you, that really enjoying life is an elusive dream, but naa naa, the truth is life can go from one good thing to another, especially if you are of a mind set that what you experience will expand your appreciation of existence and is truly a gift of stupendous value. But dear little homi, if you still choose to be unhappy, good for you. You are worthy of your desires.

Remember when Caesar entered Rome the bard recounted the arrival was greater than the anticipation.

September 22nd, 2008, 03:59
Remember when Caesar entered Rome the bard recounted the arrival was greater than the anticipation.No, it was before my time

September 22nd, 2008, 04:19
Avoid Sunee Plaza and Two Guys, they are full of SOC's from gaytingtong............

quiet1
September 22nd, 2008, 16:01

40 minutes Jetsam? You could crawl there on your hands and knees in a quicker time. Don't tell me, that's what you did isn't it? ;) I do Rayong in less than 40 minutes from Pattaya.
Call me a skeptic, but: you WALKED to Rayong in 40 minutes from Sunee Plaza???

September 22nd, 2008, 16:03
Call me a skeptic, but: you WALKED to Rayong in 40 minutes from Sunee Plaza???On his hands and knees!

Diec
September 22nd, 2008, 18:07
What a bunch of fags.

September 22nd, 2008, 18:18
What a bunch of fags.Is this an entry in the "names of bars for smokers" thread that's been misplaced?