PDA

View Full Version : Friday 19th .... La Cage.

jinks
September 20th, 2008, 15:50
Direct from the horses mouth.... Mike his bar !

Mikes Bar La Cage hosted a special music night, last night (19th. Sept.) and despite heavy rain, other parties and more than a few Gremlins in the works, it turned out a most enjoyable evening. The fun and games took off after Happy Hour finished with the "Name That Tune music" quiz. Six teams competed to test their music knowledge and memory by being the first to identify the tune and artist. Ben from Ireland and David from England were the winning team showing an amazing knowledge of pop music trivia that can only be a product of a miss spent youth. They received various prizes, as did the runners up. A complimentary buffet provided by the White Night was soon devoured before George Stanly took the stage at 11 pm.

Despite a really unfortunate technical hitch at the beginning George wowed and wooed the very appreciative audience with a truly professional and polished performance. It was indeed a change to hear good live music and a well chosen selection of songs rarely, if ever heard around Pattaya. George was experimenting with a new style, and it worked. His songs ranged from the pure pop "The Next Time", by Cliff Richard, to Lloyd Webber's show ballad "I Don't Know How To Love Him", and along the way we went back to Georges roots in the Blues. This intimate performance worked well in a small bar, and what started out as purely an experiment, ended up a very special night.

The Gremlins were also at work on my camera, hence just the one photo of George giving his all.

At Georges request the night was a fund raiser for Thais4Life and almost 6,000 baht was raised and presented to Wally, with grateful thanks to all concerned.

I for one, hope that George will do another night at La Cage. Watch for announcements!

September 20th, 2008, 15:58
Oh. My. God.

Brad the Impala
September 20th, 2008, 17:33
6,000 Baht from a whole charity evening!! Must have been very shallow pockets present.

September 20th, 2008, 17:46
with the normal 6 customers.... and still 6000 bath not bad

globalwanderer
September 20th, 2008, 17:54
And it's 6,000 Baht they did not have before

September 20th, 2008, 19:40
And it's 6,000 Baht they did not have before

exactly. Its a good effort by a very small bar. And george can sing a mean tune, wish i could!

September 20th, 2008, 21:59
Oh. My. God.

Is this a Damascus Road moment?

Can't see this new religion taking, but who knows?

giggsy
September 21st, 2008, 04:37
since the pictures didn't turn out ive decided to add one of my own...enjoy[/img]