View Full Version : One for the smokers: Name ideas for smoking clubs

bao-bao
September 19th, 2008, 22:16
I don't smoke myself, but hereтАЩs something a little lighter for the weekend -- leave the smoking debate out of it for once.

If the smoking laws were amended in Thailand so you could open clearly marked clubs designed for smokers and smoking -- and that's smoking, not "sah-moking," just to clarify -- what would you call your club?

Just think of it тАУ nobody giving you the evil eye, stylish and substantial ashtrays changed frequently by attractive attendants, a variety of brands available at a fair price, maybe even a neon cigarette outside with a trindle of smoke rising from itтАж the mind boggles.

Here are a few ideas to start things off:

1) Butts Butts Butts
2) Asses and Ashtrays
3) Boys and Butts
4) Not тАЬOnlyтАЭ a Cigar (a little Freud-ology to class the thread up)
5) Grab Yer Buttz
6) The Blackened Lung Pub (ok, a little editorializing)
7) Ashes Hauled Here

OK, light тАШem if youтАЩve got тАШem and add your ideas.

PS - Edited to add "in Thailand" to the second paragraph that I neglected in the OP, sorry. Not important if the post sits here in the Global Forum though as it was merely a one-off for kicks and giggles on a Friday.

September 19th, 2008, 23:05
Must be a boring life in US of A :cheers:

September 20th, 2008, 02:08
I don't smoke myself, but hereтАЩs something a little lighter for the weekend -- leave the smoking debate out of it for once.

If the smoking laws were amended in Thailand so you could open clearly marked clubs designed for smokers and smoking -- and that's smoking, not "sah-moking," just to clarify -- what would you call your club?

Just think of it тАУ nobody giving you the evil eye, stylish and substantial ashtrays changed frequently by attractive attendants, a variety of brands available at a fair price, maybe even a neon cigarette outside with a trindle of smoke rising from itтАж the mind boggles.

Here are a few ideas to start things off:

1) Butts Butts Butts
2) Asses and Ashtrays
3) Boys and Butts
4) Not тАЬOnlyтАЭ a Cigar (a little Freud-ology to class the thread up)

5) Grab Yer Buttz
6) The Blackened Lung Pub (ok, a little editorializing)
7) Ashes Hauled Here

OK, light тАШem if youтАЩve got тАШem and add your ideas.

PS - Edited to add "in Thailand" to the second paragraph that I neglected in the OP, sorry. Not important if the post sits here in the Global Forum though as it was merely a one-off for kicks and giggles on a Friday.

I can tell your a colonial or you would have mentioned FAGS

September 20th, 2008, 02:27
You could always try to hire ladyboys who love going down on gentlemen, and simply call the place "Smokers!" But the line to get in might stretch around the block...

O I am going to have to sleep on this one! :-)

September 20th, 2008, 02:47
:idea: Cloudy Boys

:idea: Rolls Up

:idea: Ring of Fire :clown:

:idea: Smokey Boys :albino:

:idea: Stumps

:idea: Strands (ok, your never alone with one - old English cigarette advert)

September 20th, 2008, 03:01
HAGS AND FAGS

bao-bao
September 20th, 2008, 06:12
:idea: Smokey Boys :albino:

Oh, that's a good one, geneman! I also got a kick out of "Smokers."

I probably ought to have thought of some foreign slang for the ends of cigarettes, but I've already been spotted as a "colonial". What are some slang terms for cigarettes and cigarette butts in other areas? I never did care for the word "fag" myself, and "ciggies" just doesn't lend itself very well to a club name.

September 20th, 2008, 08:11
What are some slang terms for cigarettes and cigarette butts in other areas?

Well bao-bao, if one of these clubs were owned by a cockney, he may well name it: The Salmon and Trout.

Cheers,

George.

September 20th, 2008, 10:44
Asses and Ashes.

Say that 3 times fast! :albino:

September 20th, 2008, 15:33
How about "The Cancer Stick"?

September 20th, 2008, 18:08
Well bao-bao, if one of these clubs were owned by a cockney, he may well name it: The Salmon and Trout.

As a Cockney (born in Bow) - East London that. of course, means snout= cigarette

September 22nd, 2008, 01:13
:idea:
"Puffing butts"
"Reefering"
"Stoogie Joint"
"Havana Heaven" for a more upmarket cigar joint?