PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok tonight

September 19th, 2008, 21:26
maybe one of you kind bangkokians can go get us a scoop.

14 companies soldiers and police to be deployed to prevent clash between PAD, DAAD

Fourteen companies of policemen and soldiers will be deployed to prevent demonstrators led by Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship and People's Alliance for Democracy from moving toward each other and clash, a deputy police chief said.

Pol Maj Gen Surapol Thuanthong, deputy police commissioner-general, said the security officers would be deployed at three locations when the DAAD begin its rally at Sanam Luang in the evening.

The first line of security officers will be deployed at the Phan Fah Leelas Bridge, the second line in front of the Agriculture Ministry and the last line in front of the Army headquarters.

He said five companies of policemen and five companies of soldiers will be stationed at the area in front of the Army head office and the officers will be fully armed with crowd-control tools, backed up by fire trucks and barbed wires.

The Nation

September 19th, 2008, 23:45
The "scoop" is that it won't affect you one iota unless you are a protester. Don't be a CNN ninny.

llz
September 20th, 2008, 00:04
The "scoop" is that it won't affect you one iota unless you are a protester.
Except that Oogie had planned to visit the street hustlers in the area ...

September 20th, 2008, 00:15
Street hustlers around government house? Do tell.

September 20th, 2008, 01:53
The "scoop" is that it won't affect you one iota unless you are a protester.
Except that Oogie had planned to visit the street hustlers in the area ...
thank god oggleman lives in the uk if he was here 24/7/365 this forum would be hell

September 20th, 2008, 08:17
maybe one of you kind bangkokians can go get us a scoop.

14 companies soldiers and police to be deployed to prevent clash between PAD, DAAD....

Now what the hell is the DAAD?

I've been so busy with the money crisis in the US I've been ignoring the Thai news far a while.
Looks like someone has been fishing in their alphabet soup again.

The PAD, DAAD, PPP, TRT...OPEC, NATO..... SPECTRE...I'm just a bit worn out with all these capital letters right now.

September 20th, 2008, 08:19
Now what the hell is the DAAD?Decent Americans Against Democracy - it's Henry Cate's group

September 20th, 2008, 08:48
I was chatting online with a University Student this morning in BKK and he is not aware of any demonstrations. He is as usual busy with his classes and home work. He was just getting ready to go for his English class. Neither the Bangkokpost has reports on such demonstrations. May I have more clarification please

September 20th, 2008, 10:02
I thought the Yanks invented the acronym. FBI; CIA; DEA; USA; CSA; NYPD; LAPD; DA; TWA; the list is endless.Have you heard of TLA - a friend of mine saw it in a list of acronyms recently?

September 20th, 2008, 11:38
TLA - The Latest AcronymNot quite - Three Letter Acronym

September 20th, 2008, 11:59
TLA - The Latest AcronymNot quite - Three Letter Acronym

TLA = That Lickable Ass (Arse)

September 20th, 2008, 12:49
Now what the hell is the DAAD?Decent Americans Against Democracy - it's Henry Cate's group

Bast**d. I just choked on my earl grey.

I vote you queen of the one liner !

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 20th, 2008, 13:53

I think Sarah Palin is head of this group.