PDA

View Full Version : Copa

globalwanderer
September 19th, 2008, 19:16
Any comments on the Copa opening from those that were there?

September 20th, 2008, 09:43
Have been there twice this week, and had not been for a long time.

Great refurbishment - the place looks modern & sleek, a big difference to what it used to be. The seating is very comfortable, spacious and waiting staff good. Drinks on the expensive side, and music could be turned down a bit - don't forget most clients are over 60!

Boys on stage - mainly average/bigger muscle boys, good looking - competition for BBB & WWB for sure.

I did not see the shows so can't tell, but the place looks great!

Well done Peter & Glen - a breath of fresh air

September 20th, 2008, 10:19
music could be turned down a bit - don't forget most clients are over 60!

I hope that above comment of yours, is made purely out of your kindness and consideration for all of those poor old geriatrics and not because you thought the music too loud. Because if it was not, you have certainly changed beyond recognition from that party animal that was rocking and rolling with me on a pretty regular basis and doing so I may add, not too many moons ago in the past. ;)

Cheers JGG, good to see you around.

George.

Patexpat
September 20th, 2008, 10:48
Have been a couple of times since the refurb, and agree that COPA is now THE nicest venue as far as decor and ambience is concerned, very stylish and WAY ahead of any other place in Pattaya that I know of. Sound system being loud? A matter of personal opinion I guess, but what is obvious is that it is a real quality sound system .... and if you look closely at the stage lighting it is of the latest LED kind.

The shows are a little disappointing and need some pep and zest injecting ... not as good as WWB whose young dancers are very professional and together. Drinks are standard boystown prices ... that is, on the high side but at least the new decor can go some way to justifying that! You can pay the same prices in other bars whilst perched on a very uncomfortable plastic topped stool ....

IMHO a venue that was faded is now on the 'must do' list for a night out - crank up the show a notch or two and it will be the best place around of its type by a mile.

Worth a visit when you are here? Without doubt!