PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL ...

Smiles
September 18th, 2008, 19:52
Busy indeed...so many things to avoid! ( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15867.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/a-busy-week-t15867.html) )
I assume you are refering to me ... seeing as how the other events listed are not worth talking about. By the way Precious, you're off the Ignore List for awhile as you wrote something some days ago that I actually thought worth reading. Lucky you!

And yes my rabid fans ... landed in Suvarnapoopoo (which seems to be decaying right before my eyes) Tuesday night and am now happily dug in at the condo love nest in Hua Hin. Things continue apace ... happiness is rife in the land ... I know I know, you wanna barf.

Noticed that the Board has now accepted another message board Troll in the name of SteveKoolDink and some naive members actually believe him to be kosher and worth replying to. This is a serious mistake, but you may be relieved to know that I shall not be flooding the Board with "PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL" announcements.

Hope all is well with all and will be considering some reports on gay doings (and other doings) in the hinterland in due course.

Cheers ... gotta go, the beloved is cruising mobile phone joints trying to get some info on how to switch languages on his latest communications gadget. (Another fallen phone in another greasy rice paddie ~ I kid you not)

PS ... United Airlines is now officialy designated 'The Pits' by this tired voyager (details later), and I'm cashing in my millions of airmiles next year and heading for Singapore or EVA.

PSS ... and gwm4asian, for your information, I am NOT enigmatic!!

PSSS ... anybody want directions to the world's best Pad Thai (and are willing to travel to Cha Am to get it :blackeye: 25 baht) PM me or email. Also Bangkok's best boiled chicken on rice with guy broth and home made hot sauce. also 25 baht. The first discovered just today, the second found some time ago, but now we head for a hotel way out in Phra Kanong (700 baht) just to be close to this luscious breakfast treat.

jinks
September 18th, 2008, 20:01
If I was in Thailand I could say it but I'm not so on behalf of the residents...........

WELCOME BACK TO YOUR SECOND HOME.

September 18th, 2008, 20:04
By the way Precious, you're off the Ignore List for awhile as you wrote something some days ago that I actually thought worth reading. Lucky you!

How did you know what I wrote if you had me on ignore? And what was it you found "worth reading", so I can be sure to avoid piquing your interest in the future.

Smiles
September 18th, 2008, 20:09
" ... How did you know what I wrote if you had me on ignore? ... "
You are a dumb cunt quite often aren't you. I didn't say when I took you off, did I? It was awhile ago (after a few months of heaven), just in time to catch your single pearl of wisdom. I have no doubt that you'll bury yourself in the your rathole of unfounded self-admiration once again.

The Ignore List consists of only Bwana now. Who I think is you. :blackeye:

Cheers though ...

September 18th, 2008, 20:14
You said, and I quote:

By the way Precious, you're off the Ignore List for awhile as you wrote something some days ago that I actually thought worth reading.

The "AS" to me implies cause and effect: I was taken off of ignore because of something I wrote. Meaning that I was on ignore until I wrote that certain something, which you could not have seen unless you did not in fact have me on ignore to begin with, or if someone happened to have quoted me.

But then again emotion, rather than logic, has always been your calling card...non?

September 18th, 2008, 20:17
... the troll in question is Chao Na. As I've said many times before, I think calling people "trolls" is childish and without merit, but I guess it keeps the children amused. For myself Chao Na is on my {Ignore} list as he has nothing of value to say

September 18th, 2008, 20:21
Glad you`re finally home Smiles. More Hua Hin & hubby pics please!

September 18th, 2008, 20:23
Yet you don't ignore budding geniuses like stevekool, Wesley, and Henry Cate.

What does that say about you?

Bob
September 18th, 2008, 21:33
Happy to see you made it. And I'm hoping that you're not wearing your swampers down at the beach.

Greetings to Pot and please advise him that a much, much, younger falang is showing up in 10 days or so.

September 18th, 2008, 23:14
Busy indeed...so many things to avoid! ( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15867.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/a-busy-week-t15867.html) )
I assume you are refering to me ... seeing as how the other events listed are not worth talking about.

I was hurt by your comment above Smiles, surely George Stanley singing is worth talking about also. :-)

Welcome home and regards to Pot.

Choc Dee,

George.

Davey612
September 18th, 2008, 23:19
Also Bangkok's best boiled chicken on rice with guy broth and home made hot sauce. also 25 baht

Guy broth? I think I know which Thai word you meant. But for a second...never mind. Hope you are having fun with the beloved.

francois
September 18th, 2008, 23:56
Noticed that the Board has now accepted another message board Troll in the name of SteveKoolDink and some naive members actually believe him to be kosher and worth replying to. This is a serious mistake, but you may be relieved to know that I shall not be flooding the Board with "PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL" announcements.
Amen. He is on my "do not feed" list. At first, a r├йcent post appeared legitimate but regressed to a farce as was his initial intention. You know the post, the 50 Baht tip.
Fran├зois

jinks
September 19th, 2008, 02:19
OK, it's been up for long enough..... moved to where it belongs, well the Global, even though it should go in the bin.

September 19th, 2008, 02:20
Also Bangkok's best boiled chicken on rice with guy broth and home made hot sauce. also 25 baht

Guy broth? I think I know which Thai word you meant. But for a second...never mind. Hope you are having fun with the beloved.

I think Smiles is talking about khaaw man kai, a very popular dish which has been officially translated as "Hainan Chicken and Rice with Ginger Brown Bean Sauce." (Nancie McDermott, Real Thai.)

On the food front, I recently made both Vindaloo Curry (Goanese/Indian) and Chicken Fesanjan (Persian). I was interested to learn that the bf preferred the Persian dish, which is made with (!!!) walnuts and pomegranate juice.

Next up comes another attempt at Salade Nicoise! Oh, hard-boiled eggs, lettuce, tuna, capers, anchovies (perhaps)), tomatoes, cooked potatoes, and the right amount of yummy vinaigrette.

Or is this feeding the troll????

September 19th, 2008, 06:16
Hainan Chicken and Rice with Ginger Brown Bean Sauce." (Nancie McDermott, Real Thai.)

So this Nancie person thinks Hainan is in Thailand. Weird.

Smiles
September 19th, 2008, 09:41
" ... Meaning that I was on ignore until I wrote that certain something ... "
Wrong. You were On Ignore because you are you. If that isn't the best reason, I'm a GoGo boy.

Cheers ...

September 19th, 2008, 09:47
As Smiles walks in the door, not having seen Suphot in a dog's age....

(Question, who plays Madonna?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQRLSBUNupg

Bob
September 19th, 2008, 10:29
I'm a GoGo boy.

And the off fee?

September 19th, 2008, 14:39
I'm a GoGo boy.

And the off fee?

The Bar charges a "stay" fee in his case. They make a fortune from people scared he'll follow them out.

latintopxxx
September 19th, 2008, 19:59
smiles...regarding your comments on chao na(whatever...)....your my new super hero....

September 20th, 2008, 00:17
smiles...regarding your comments on chao na(whatever...)....your my new super hero....

I'm quite sure that Smiles will be delighted to have you as his new best pal.

September 20th, 2008, 01:40
Hainan Chicken and Rice with Ginger Brown Bean Sauce." (Nancie McDermott, Real Thai.)

So this Nancie person thinks Hainan is in Thailand. Weird.

This is absolutely one of the weirdest comments I have ever read. "Cocky and ignorant" does not even begin to describe it.

"555" can't be bothered to look up Nancie or her book on Google. In fact, "555" knows jack-shit about Nancie McDermott or her cookbook.

And yet SOMEHOW, I am not sure how, he leaps to the absurd conclusion that Nancie McDermott does not know where Hainin is.

Evidently, questions of cultural influence are way above this dude's pay-grade.

Pause for breath.

INDOCHINA.

Thailand has a huge country to the West, called India, and a huge country to the north, called China. Therefore, the entire region was once called Indochina.

"555," if you have any interest in this place, get used to trying to find the various cultural influences from India and China. One huge hint: Buddhism originated in India. As far as food goes, the Thai curries were borrowed (and vastly adapted) from India. Noodles, on the other hand, are a Chinese import. Again, vastly changed and in my opinion improved.

You might also try going through the Thai language with a view to word origins. Thai is full of admitted Sanskrit borrowings, but the Thai dictionary compilers seem more shy of annotating recent Indian imports from Hindi/Urdu...such as the Thai word for "rose" (the flower). They also seem a tiny bit reluctant to note that words such as "table" and "chair" are Chinese imports.

Nancie McDermott is not ignorant of such facts, "555." But you are.

September 20th, 2008, 01:46
One huge hint: Buddhism originated in India.

Really? I was almost certain that the Lord Buddha came from Nepal. Silly me.

September 20th, 2008, 02:23
" ... Meaning that I was on ignore until I wrote that certain something ... "
Wrong. You were On Ignore because you are you. If that isn't the best reason, I'm a GoGo boy.

Cheers ...

I was chatting with a guy tonight who was very indirectly fishing to learn why I liked his best friend very much -- as opposed to him. He shyly suggested that his friend "had a great body," and a "really cute, boyish face." I didn't say anything, but my mind was thinking:

"It's because I really don't like you. You smile all the time, and are always happy, and never shy. In fact, you are in my opinion a little better-looking than the friend we are talking about. But you don't get friendship, dude. You're a bullshit boy. You're a user. And...your friend...I can't really say this....is a million times better in bed. I feel really comfortable around him, just about all the time."

My former BF has the same opinion: this boy is superbly handsome, but...."I don't like his personality."

And there you are!

September 20th, 2008, 05:30
"555" knows jack-shit about Nancie McDermott or her cookbook

You got that right. Nor care less. But I do know where Hainan is. (Hainin is another matter.) I also know that Hainanese chicken rice is a famous delicacy perfected by emigrants from Hainan spread throughout South East Asia not invented by some cookbook writer.

Does she really spell her name Nancie?

Dboy
September 20th, 2008, 09:38
[quote="Henry Cate":152tq7ei]One huge hint: Buddhism originated in India.

Really? I was almost certain that the Lord Buddha came from Nepal. Silly me.[/quote:152tq7ei]

The piece of what is called "Ancient India" where he was born is now part of Nepal, so you're both right.

dboy

September 20th, 2008, 15:30

You got that right. Nor care less. But I do know where Hainan is. (Hainin is another matter.) I also know that Hainanese chicken rice is a famous delicacy perfected by emigrants from Hainan spread throughout South East Asia not invented by some cookbook writer.

Is Hainin anywhere near Hainan? I can't find it in my atlas.

September 20th, 2008, 22:08

You have moved from the idiotic claim that Nancie McDermott does not know where Hainan is, to the even more idiotic claim that she thinks she INVENTED this recipe.

Since you admittedly don't know jack-shit about her, or her book, why do you keep misfiring on the subject? But, just in case you are reading this post, her book, Real Thai may well be the best Thai cookbook ever written:

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Thai-Thailands-Regional-Cooking/dp/0811800172

She doesn't claim that any of her recipes are "original." She simply tries to tell you how to cook this food at home.

As to the spelling of her name, you'll have to discuss that with her. At least she uses letters of the English alphabet, unlike some members of this exalted discussion group...

rincondog
September 20th, 2008, 22:51
Just like a bunch of Nancy boys to have a tizzy over a cookbook.

September 20th, 2008, 23:28
Despite your aggressive and insulting bluff and bluster, I will attempt to explain this in very simple terms so that even you might have a slim chance of catching my point.

You cite a publication titled "Real Thai". The item you refer to is Hainan Chicken. Hainan is an island off the southern coast of China from which many Chinese emigrated to South East Asia. It follows logically that the author, through using the words "Real Thai", is deluded as to the position of this island or who the Thai are or that her ontology is "exotic".

If by your charge of "ignorant" you mean that I am not well-read in recipe books, I plead guilty, but I do have a passion for authentic traditional cuisines which has perhaps made me cynical of the writers of recipes.

I've looked up your "Nancie" with Google and am convinced I was eating Hainanese Chicken Rice before she was born.

Have a nice day.

September 21st, 2008, 00:01
Despite your aggressive and insulting bluff and bluster, I will attempt to explain this in very simple terms so that even you might have a slim chance of catching my point.

You cite a publication titled "Real Thai". The item you refer to is Hainan Chicken. Hainan is an island off the southern coast of China from which many Chinese emigrated to South East Asia. It follows logically that the author, through using the words "Real Thai", is deluded as to the position of this island or who the Thai are or that her ontology is "exotic".

If by your charge of "ignorant" you mean that I am not well-read in recipe books, I plead guilty, but I do have a passion for authentic traditional cuisines which has perhaps made me cynical of the writers of recipes.

I've looked up your "Nancie" with Google and am convinced I was eating Hainanese Chicken Rice before she was born.

Have a nice day.

So, if I go out to eat "Vietnamese Pho" in California, it follows that (1) I think Vietnam is in California (or Thailand, or wherever), and/or (2) the Vietnamese cooks made up this recipe all by themselves.

And, if you were eating Hainanese Chicken Rice before Nancie was born, SO WHAT?

The POINT is that dish has now been adopted by the Thai, to the point where someone with a brain would include it in a book about "real Thai" cooking, and also note that the dish came from the very same freeping spot you are talking about.

You have dealt yourself a losing hand, and I suggest you fold it.

But then again, you could keep up the struggle, and amuse everyone. "I REALLY MEANT....THAT BANGKOK WAS IN CHINA...." so on and so forth, might be quite amusing.

555 to you, clown.

September 21st, 2008, 00:06
Mark your calendars, ladies and gentlemen: Henry Cate is right about something.

September 21st, 2008, 00:15
Right about what? Hainan is not in Thailand. Really, it is not. Because Thais cook and eat Hainanese Chicken, the reality is that it is a Chinese dish eaten all over South East Asia. It is not "Real Thai".

It is too tiresome to respond to a troll who posts capitalised rants in quotes as if they are from his protagonist. Sorry Henry, the appellations you besmirch the righteous with pertain mainly to you. You are now being ignored.

September 21st, 2008, 00:19
Right about what? Hainan is not in Thailand. Really, it is not. Because Thais cook and eat Hainanese Chicken, the reality is that it is a Chinese Dish eaten all over South East Asia. It is not "Real Thai".

The version made here is unique to Thailand. It is as "real Thai" as any other dish with roots or influences from other countries (which means, like nearly every dish you'll find on a Thai menu).

Next thing you'll be telling us is that pasta isn't "real Italian" as it was invented in China. Yawn.

September 21st, 2008, 00:47
We all know that China is not in Thailand. You have put me on "Ignore" because you have been writing silly things.

As one other example:

Well, that's an interesting statement! You might want to look up her website:

http://www.nanciemcdermott.com/thailand.htm

There, she clearly states that she went to Thailand as a Peace Corps volunteer in 1975. Hmm, I went to Tunisia as a Peace Corps volunteer in 1978.

Assuming roughly similar age trajectories, Nancie was about 20-22 when she went to Thailand. In 1975.

Now comes the math part, which might be too hard. Her Peace Corps service date marks her birthdate as "around" 1943.

And you are convinced that you were eating this dish before she was born? That is to say, you were chowing down on Hainanese Chicken before, say, 1943?

Were you eating it as a toothless babe? Or as a young adult? Are you trying to tell us, 555, that you were born in 1923, or what?

That would make you 82 years old, and a prime candidate for the sort of mental jiujitsu you have been performing so far. "Offer a stupid argument, follow it with a second, stupider argument, and then scream 'Oh shut up!' "

rincondog
September 21st, 2008, 01:44
From Henry Cate:

There, she clearly states that she went to Thailand as a Peace Corps volunteer in 1975. Hmm, I went to Tunisia as a Peace Corps volunteer in 1978.

Assuming roughly similar age trajectories, Nancie was about 20-22 when she went to Thailand. In 1975.

Now comes the math part, which might be too hard. Her Peace Corps service date marks her birthdate as "around" 1943.

Your math is really fuzzy Henry. If you would shut up once in awhile people would'nt know how stupid you are.

September 21st, 2008, 02:05
Just like a bunch of Nancy boys to have a tizzy over a cookbook.

Oh, God, another self-loathing queer on this board.

September 21st, 2008, 02:16
From Henry Cate:

Your math is really fuzzy Henry. If you would shut up once in awhile people would'nt know how stupid you are.

God, you're right. She went in 1975, and I went in 1968. That makes her 7 years younger than me. A 55yo girl.

But still, 555's claim that he was chowing down on Hainanese Chicken before she was born......has not attracted any comment from 555.

September 21st, 2008, 09:46
Smile you are like a cry-baby, I mean nobody's child. You are jumping from one forum to another complaining about others and doing the same thing here. When you get chased out from here where would you go? May be where you belong to "Hell Fire"

September 21st, 2008, 11:27
It is too tiresome to respond to a troll who posts capitalised rants in quotes as if they are from his protagonist. Sorry Henry, the appellations you besmirch the righteous with pertain mainly to you. You are now being ignored.

A Troll 555? I believe that you are well out of order in calling Henry a troll and as far as I am concerned, his posts do not resemble those of a troll in any way shape or form. I am beginning to think that Hommie is 100 per cent correct in his belief and certainly in your case, that all one has to do in order to qualify them for being considered as a troll and disliked on this forum, is to have a different opinion than the one someone else has, in this case you.

As far as your placing Henry on ignore, with respect, don't you think that this was somewhat immature on your part? I take no sides in the argument between the two of you in this thread, so will make no comment as to whom I believe is right. Well other than Hommie that is.

Cheers,

George.

September 21st, 2008, 11:48
Smile you are like a cry-baby, I mean nobody's child. You are jumping from one forum to another complaining about others and doing the same thing here. When you get chased out from here where would you go? May be where you belong to "Hell Fire"

I hope that you don't think for one second that you are capable of chasing Smiles from this forum. Because if you do, you are obviously every bit as much of a fruit cake, as the majority of members here believe you to be. Personally, I doubt your capabilities in being able to run a bath, let alone running anyone out of this forum.

No doubt you will respond to my post in the same mature way that you always do in these cases, well the normal mature level of a 5th grade schoolboy that is. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/2003_rolling_eyes_backwards.gif

Cheers steveKoolguy

G.

September 21st, 2008, 12:08
Remain a fool all the time

September 21st, 2008, 14:52
I am beginning to think that Hommie is 100 per cent correct in his belief and certainly in your case, that all one has to do in order to qualify them for being considered as a troll and disliked on this forum, is to have a different opinion than the one someone else has, in this case you.You're doubting my infallibility? I believe that is known as the Unforgivable Sin, the Sin Against the Holy Ghost

lonelywombat
September 21st, 2008, 16:56
Remain a fool all the time

Why George ????? you are doing an outstanding job on your own, We dont need anymore