PDA

View Full Version : The rope has been repaired!

September 17th, 2008, 20:32
Lehmans taken over by Barclays, apart from certain areas of the "property" business; AIG bailed out to the tune of US85 million with the US government taking ownership of 80% of the business; HBOS in advanced talks to be taken over by Lloyds TSB. What a start of a week! Must get back to my desk here in Singapore at the moment.

guyforguy
September 18th, 2008, 00:32
The rope is now firmly placed around the tax payers neck.

G

September 18th, 2008, 01:07
The rope is now firmly placed around the tax payers neck.

G

and the market is down another 300 points. Gold is going nuts.

I think there is nothing to worry about. Right WD!

It's all over???

September 18th, 2008, 03:48
Time to think about buying.
Indeed I would be buying if my HBOS on line stockbroking service was working properly.
FTSE lowest for 3 years, then their ****** website doesn't work properly.

September 18th, 2008, 18:04
If you listen to reports in the US, a lot of folk are now redirecting their "monies" into gold and commodities, they are annoyed that the market has gone hay wire, confidence has been lost, the markets have really never recovered to the levels pre 9/11, just gone up and down. It all boils down to confidence, and if it isn't there then things will get worse and only if they get better. Even Morgan Stanley are in some form of trouble at the moment and rumours surrounding Goldman Sachs - once these type of situations arise, confidence goes south and their share price goes down and well need I say more.