PDA

View Full Version : Thaksin's brother-in-law for Prime Minister?

September 15th, 2008, 15:17
Surprise, surprise
Thailand's ruling party endorsed the brother-in-law of a controversial former leader on Monday as its nominee to become the next prime minister, paving the way for more strife with anti-government protestersThank god they lifted the state of emergency :compress:
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/09/ ... Unrest.php (http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/09/15/news/Thailand-Political-Unrest.php)

Geezer
September 15th, 2008, 15:47
I havenтАЩt the foggiest idea of what тАЬHтАЭ posted (guess why), so donтАЩt consider this a response.

All these years I have smiled at futile hopes Thailand will ever be rid of Taksin. He is more durable than Dracula who can, at least, be dispatched by having a wooden stake driven through his heart.

Taksin has an infinite network of relatives to succeed him.

September 15th, 2008, 16:01
I havenтАЩt the foggiest idea of what тАЬHтАЭ posted (guess why), so donтАЩt consider this a responseNo need to guess - I have those I consider the Board fools on {Ignore}, only fools would have me on {Ignore} :bounce:

September 15th, 2008, 16:04
This is he - if all goes to plan.

http://www.kpi.mua.go.th/intcoop/main/spaw2/uploads/images/somchai.jpg

September 15th, 2008, 16:24
This is he - if all goes to plan.One of the Mem'sahibs from Isaan, incredibly an anti-Thaksinite, has just been telling me how corrupt it all is. Oh, and for the record (I know how deeply disturbing this will be for all those who keep insisting on the need to learn Thai) the conversation was in English

September 15th, 2008, 18:23
A new face on the tshirt. I think this will all be going on for a very long time.

September 15th, 2008, 18:57
Yes, I'd say that I'm good at what I do. Mostly because I ENJOY doing it. It helps that it turns me on as well. Also I've tried to get better - ask him what he likes, what I can do better, etc. Then it's practice, practice

September 16th, 2008, 10:04
Taskin ( may be wrong spelling) was the only one in the recent past has taken the country in the right direction. His socio-economic plans were well suited given the global economy and the country was taking good turn around. However, if those stories were correct, his wealth and it's accumulation is questionalble. Then it is bad. If they can deliver the goods and turn this beautiful country around and give economic properity that's what the poor Thai masses deserve

September 16th, 2008, 10:10
Taksin's policies were bankrupting the country. He was manipulating the law to enrich himself and his family.You're wasting your time with steve - his grasp on reality is almost non-existent.

September 16th, 2008, 10:43
Thanks for your constructive contributions. Let us ignore the loosers

September 16th, 2008, 10:49
I suppose it is alright for a PM to order a war on drugs in which 2000 where executed with not so much as a trial or even an arrest warrant. His self serving leadership did nothing for the poor except to put more of their money in his bank account. I am afraid that as long as he is alive their will be no peace or stability in LOS.

September 16th, 2008, 11:19
Thanks for your constructive contributions. Let us ignore the loser.

September 16th, 2008, 15:48
Investors yesterday bought five stocks linked to the Shinawatra and Wongsawat families on speculation after acting premier Somchai Wongsawat was nominated for the prime minister's post http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/ ... d=30083495 (http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/read.php?newsid=30083495)

Why else be Prime Minister if you can't look after your own business interests?

September 17th, 2008, 10:52
Somchai elected new prime minister

Somchai Wongsawat, a deputy leader of the People Power Party, was elected the new prime ministerWednesday.

A total of 298 MPs voted in support of his nomination while 163 Democrat MPs voted in support of Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva's nomination.

Five MPs abstained.

At the end of the House session, Somchai thanked the MPs for trusting him to the post.

He was seen on TV walking to talk to Abhisit immediatley afte the House meeting ended.

The Nation

thrillbill
September 17th, 2008, 15:32
I suppose it is alright for a PM to order a war on drugs in which 2000 where executed with not so much as a trial or even an arrest warrant. His self serving leadership did nothing for the poor except to put more of their money in his bank account. I am afraid that as long as he is alive their will be no peace or stability in LOS.
__________________________________________________ _
I'm am not very knowledgeable with all of the politics that involves "Toxin"--but he must have done something positive with "the poor" since they were/are his supporters. I guess the 30baht medical card and occassionally giving away some freebies made the Northerners like him. Maybe someone can list all the "good things" he did to have such a backing from areas such as Issan.