PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Plaza adviso..

catawampuscat
September 14th, 2008, 12:23
Last nite, Nice Boys had a full house on hand for the "Staff Party" and it was a success..

First, my appreciation for the "no smoking" signs on every table and everywhere in the bar
and strict adherance to the "no tobacco smoking"..
My intolerance for tobacco smoking is a such a high level that I can no longer abide
to even sit with cigarette/cigar/pipe smokers in the open air beer bars and will not even consider befriendly any farang who smells like an ashtray and smokes at my table.

Second, Nice Boys has become a great boy go go bar for the following reasons, in my
humble opinion.
Awesome number of hot guys, no lady-boys (maybe one or two), no obvious underage (but of course, make sure) and a fun atmosphere.

I was and still am tempted to keep this quiet as the hordes of farangs will make this bar
less fun as they pick off the creme of the cocks (bad pun) but if the customers don't
come, then the bar will lose its boys, so one has to put up with the crowds so the
bar can survive and the boys can make some baht.

By far, the most improved and in the running for best boy go go bar in Sunee Plaza.
Some theorize that many of the boys have just been released from incarceration and
have short hair (very hot for me) and have put on a few kilos (hate the skeleton boy look)
since they have been off the appetite surpressing drugs.
I counted over 30 go go boys and many were stunners..

The magic is that the boys all look a year or two older on average and 5 kilos heavier on
average than before and this makes all the difference in the world to this Sunee regular.

Unfortunately, other Sunee Plaza boy go go bars don't get it and some still allow tobacco
smoking and some still think 15 is the legal age to work.. Maybe, they will get the message
when they see a Sunee PLaza go go bar can be a huge success without catering to the pedos
and the tobacco smokers..

Several friends will be annoyed that I am posting this as it has been a little insider secret
for the last week or so but reality is that the bar and the boys need the customers or the
party will not last. Nice Boys has moved to the top tier and at least I have another go go bar to go to in Sunee Plaza now besides the ever wonderful Krazy Dragon.. :cat:

September 14th, 2008, 13:52
My intolerance for tobacco smoking is a such a high level that I can no longer abide to even sit with cigarette/cigar/pipe smokers in the open air beer bars and will not even consider befriendly any farang who smells like an ashtray and smokes at my table.Reminder to self - on next visit to Pattaya for meal with Lunchtime O'Booze, take cigars

Shuee
September 14th, 2008, 22:54
looks like the cat has been let out of the bag there! nice report cat

whatever happened to your almost regular postings of many of the bars in this area, as they were a nice to read & get an update too

catawampuscat
September 15th, 2008, 00:28
shuee, it is a bit of an effort to compile and compose boy bar reviews and it now
takes something special to get me to reporting on it. I am also trying not to be
negative as this low season, it seems like adding salt to a wound, to disparage a
boy bar. It is a desparate situation in many of the boy bars..
I am also trying to stay off the topic of boy's ages and bar policies towards them
as it also seems counterproductive and subjective..

I tend to visit the boy bars more often when friends are in town as they are driven
to see every bar and every boy. One close friend loves the Pattayaland Soi Boy Bars and
others like the Sunee Plaza ones.

I am prejudiced against bars that employ ladyboy or very fem go go boys and also
will not go to go go bars which celebrate as the boys pass the age of puberty.
I hold grudges against some French bar owners, who pissed me off, with non stop tobacco
smoking even after the law went into effect. I am not a forgiving soul and frankly it
is the same to me, if someone barfs on me or lights up a fucking cigarette or cigar.

These bar owners have lost thousands of baht from just this one farang and many others
will not give their business to bars that encourage tobacco smoking or extreme underage.
By the way, the best beer bar in Sunee Plaza is French owned, Come In Bar.My favorite beer bar tends to be Corner Bar but not for the boys but I do have a thing for the owner and love the cappuccinos..
I don't understand why so many beer bars employ ladyboys with high pitched voices to
entice customers into the bar. It makes me move away as fast as possible.. I can only
imagine the individual bar owners own personal tastes are reflected in the boys they
employ and they just don't give a shit about trying to expand their customer base..

I hate the loud music in some bars and will not return and I hate the lighting in some bars
and feel ill from the red lites and flashing strobes and hate the fucking laser lites..

As you can see, I am very opinionated and sometimes make a mistake and miss out on a
good bar because of a previous bad experience months or even longer ago.. I do run on
and that is another reason not to over post my opinions on the boy bars, but you asked... :cat:

September 15th, 2008, 06:39
Last nite, Nice Boys had a full house on hand for the "Staff Party" and it was a success..

First, my appreciation for the "no smoking" signs on every table and everywhere in the bar
My intolerance for tobacco smoking is a such a high level that I can no longer abide
to even sit with cigarette/cigar/pipe smokers in the open air beer bars and will not even consider befriendly any farang who smells like an ashtray and smokes at my table.

Second, Nice Boys has become a great boy go go bar for the following reasons, in my
humble opinion.
Awesome number of hot guys, no lady-boys (maybe one or two), no obvious underage (but of course, make sure) and a fun atmosphere.

I was and still am tempted to keep this quiet as the hordes of farangs will make this bar
less fun as they pick off the creme of the cocks (bad pun) but if the customers don't
come, then the bar will lose its boys, so one has to put up with the crowds so the

By far, the most improved and in the running for best boy go go bar in Sunee Plaza.
Some theorize that many of the boys have just been released from incarceration and
have short hair (very hot for me) and have put on a few kilos (hate the skeleton boy look)

The magic is that the boys all look a year or two older on average and 5 kilos heavier on
average than before and this makes all the difference in the world to this Sunee regular.

Unfortunately, other Sunee Plaza boy go go bars don't get it and some still allow tobacco
smoking and some still think 15 is the legal age to work.. Maybe, they will get the message
when they see a Sunee PLaza go go bar can be a huge success without catering to the pedos

Several friends will be annoyed that I am posting this as it has been a little insider secret
for the last week or so but reality is that the bar and the boys need the customers or the
party will not last. Nice Boys has moved to the top tier and at least I have another go go bar to go to in Sunee Plaza now besides the ever wonderful Krazy Dragon.. :cat:

How can a go-go bar be a secret? Does the sign say "pharmacy" or something?

lonelywombat
September 15th, 2008, 06:45

Nice Boys has become a great boy go go bar for the following reasons, in my
humble opinion.
Awesome number of hot guysno lady-boys(maybe one or two), no obvious underage ](but of course, make sure) and a fun atmosphere.

By far, the most improved and in the running for best boy go go bar in Sunee Plaza

Is Nice boys where the former mamasan of Kaos went, taking many of the boys. Just around from Krazy in soi VC

If that is not the same bar, can you tell me which bar she went to

bigben
September 15th, 2008, 08:45
Wombat...

Yes, Khun Beer is now working at the old K-Boys bar. Not a bad place to check out the boys, but the previous owner and his friends are often seen drinking outside on the chairs with Leo's purchased from the mini mart next door.

Not sure what that is about and I have heard from a few boys that used to work there that he is not liked at all.

Why Khun Beer allows him to sit there with his big bottle of Leo I do not know.

In spite of that, comfortable seating and pleasant staff.

September 15th, 2008, 11:45

humble opinion.

Thanks for your post scottish-guy, of which my sentiments are the exact same as yours. Furthermore I believe Nice Boys to be as much of a secret, as the fact that the Colonel likes all of the boys he procures, to sit on his face. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/2003_rolling_eyes_backwards.gif

Having known Khun Bier for several years, it comes as no surprise for me to learn of the popularity and success that Nice Boy is enjoying, as I have never know any bar with which he has been associated over the years, to be anything other than a success, as well as being one that is always extremely well run. Choc Dee to him.

Quote: Maybe, they will get the message when they see a Sunee PLaza go go bar can be a huge success without catering to the pedos and the tobacco smokers..

What does come as a fucking big surprise to me and something that was obviously a very big secret, (to me anyway) until my learning of it from the above quote, is that although I am a smoker and never leave my house without my bell, which I always ring several times immediately on lighting up, as well as chanting at regular intervals; U N C L E A N: I never believed I would ever live to see the day arrive, where as a smoker, I would be looked upon in such a low esteem; that I would be given equal status and spoken of in the same breath.................. as that of a paedophile.

Please excuse me, I am sure you will understand my need now I have learned of this fact, to go in search of a long piece of...........................................http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/724_noose_hanging.gif

George.

September 15th, 2008, 12:38
Having known Khun Bier for several years, it comes as no surprise for me to learn of the popularity and success that Nice Boy is enjoying, as I have never know any bar with which he has been associated over the years, to be anything other than a success, as well as being one that is always extremely well run. Choc Dee to him.How many bars has he had?

September 15th, 2008, 13:33
Having known Khun Bier for several years, it comes as no surprise for me to learn of the popularity and success that Nice Boy is enjoying, as I have never know any bar with which he has been associated over the years, to be anything other than a success, as well as being one that is always extremely well run. Choc Dee to him.How many bars has he had?

In all the years I have known Khun Bier the bars are endless, I can remember Black Boy, next to Nice Boys,/Kboys then the original, Knok knok, then Kaos,Villa Rouse, then Sawadee then Euroboy, then Sundance, then KBOYS now Nice Boys. he has a knack of keeping the Boys under control and as he likes the type of guys he is selling, they are the ones that sell.
As for Corner Pub I understand the American owner has to employ Lady boys, as his very nice boyfriend, will not allow man guys there, for he is very jealous, as some one said here, the nicest thing about that bar is the owner and his boyfriend, and the view, its not the service and not the boys that sell, that's for sure, I think he has a very good following of American customers who are very loyal.

Advise to any one who is thinking of owning a Bar in Sunee or any where else, (lets face it if you fancy owning one, they are all for sale from 500,000 baht to from 3.5 million, for Corner Pub, I have been told, if you make an offer) also, Never, never, employ more than one Fem type in every ten man boys. if you want to make a profit that is.

September 15th, 2008, 15:13
[quote="R.R"[In all the years I have known Khun Bier the bars are endless, I can remember Black Boy, next to Nice Boys,/Kboys then the original, Knok knok, then Kaos,Villa Rouse, then Sawadee then Euroboy, then Sundance, then KBOYS now Nice Boys. he has a knack of keeping the Boys under control and as he likes the type of guys he is selling, they are the ones that sell.[/quote]With such a history you have to suspect he's on the run from his creditors

September 15th, 2008, 23:18

humble opinion.

Thanks for your post scottish-guy, of which my sentiments are the exact same as yours. Furthermore I believe Nice Boys to be as much of a secret, as the fact that the Colonel likes all of the boys he procures, to sit on his face. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/2003_rolling_eyes_backwards.gif

Having known Khun Bier for several years, it comes as no surprise for me to learn of the popularity and success that Nice Boy is enjoying, as I have never know any bar with which he has been associated over the years, to be anything other than a success, as well as being one that is always extremely well run. Choc Dee to him.

Quote: Maybe, they will get the message when they see a Sunee PLaza go go bar can be a huge success without catering to the pedos and the tobacco smokers..

What does come as a fucking big surprise to me and something that was obviously a very big secret, (to me anyway) until my learning of it from the above quote, is that although I am a smoker and never leave my house without my bell, which I always ring several times immediately on lighting up, as well as chanting at regular intervals; U N C L E A N: I never believed I would ever live to see the day arrive, where as a smoker, I would be looked upon in such a low esteem; that I would be given equal status and spoken of in the same breath.................. as that of a paedophile.

Please excuse me, I am sure you will understand my need now I have learned of this fact, to go in search of a long piece of...........................................http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/724_noose_hanging.gif

George.

George I am a non-smoker myself, but the difference between The Cat and myself is that I realise that other people have an equal right to exist on the planet - not just if they agree with every opinion I have.

I have to say I wonder what the old fart did before the no-smoking laws came into force and I can only assume he stayed in the house masturbating furiously instead of going out - lest his ultra-sensitive nostrils might be assaulted by cigarette smoke. I only wish he would revert to that, stop going out and subsequently boring the tits off the rest of us with his constant moaning.

Similarly, I'm surprised he can find the slightest enjoyment in any entertainment venue at all as he must surely be spending most of his time twitching and fretting about the date of birth of every boy in the venue. If after 3 hours of intensive questioning of his prospective sex partner he decides to take him off, I would not be surprised if he photocopies the ID card, has him medically tested for traces of nicotine and makes him sign a Sex Contract before what passes for nookie takes place in a hermetically sealed room.

I am expecting him to have a stroke within the next few weeks due to the extreme nervous pressure brought on by him finding every bloody thing annoying.

He should just change his ID to Victor Meldrew and be done with it.

:cheers:

Geezer
September 15th, 2008, 23:46
Cat seems like a fanatic to me

IтАЩve never seen anyone so concerned about paying the BIB a paltry 500,000 bt. to stay out of the Bangkok Hilton.

catawampuscat
September 15th, 2008, 23:54
scottish guy.. ignore is a wonderful device.. :idea:
I do recall commenting on a post of yours once and I guess I have become
your eternal enemy and the monster in your miserable twisted excuse for a life.

Everything you write is pure shit and lies and guess what moron ,
you made my ignore list.
You are a little shit and it is time to flush.......Ignore ON...

September 16th, 2008, 03:15
scottish guy.. ignore is a wonderful device.. :idea:
I do recall commenting on a post of yours once and I guess I have become
your eternal enemy and the monster in your miserable twisted excuse for a life.

Everything you write is pure shit and lies and guess what moron ,
you made my ignore list.
You are a little shit and it is time to flush.......Ignore ON...

Tee Hee

September 16th, 2008, 03:25
Cat seems like a fanatic to me

IтАЩve never seen anyone so concerned about paying the BIB a paltry 500,000 bt. to stay out of the Bangkok Hilton.

Precisely what does 500,000Bt have to do with The Cat's incessant pathetic whining about Cigarette smoke?

Pray tell, dear Geezer.

September 16th, 2008, 03:30
Precisely what does 500,000Bt have to do with The Cat's incessant pathetic whining about Cigarette smoke? Pray tell, dear Geezer.You're not asking him to make any sense, surely?

September 16th, 2008, 03:31
Precisely what does 500,000Bt have to do with The Cat's incessant pathetic whining about Cigarette smoke? Pray tell, dear Geezer.You're not asking him to make any sense, surely?

You're right enough - my mistake!

September 16th, 2008, 10:20
Quote by scottish-guy:
George I am a non-smoker myself, but the difference between The Cat and myself is that I realise that other people have an equal right to exist on the planet - not just if they agree with every opinion I have.

Thanks again for your post scottish-guy. For what it is worth, the only moronic behaviour by any member in this thread that I am clearly seeing, is the one being displayed by cat. It's obvious that he has no respect for others here, clearly shown in his posts and is not in the slightest bit interested, in the opinions of anyone other than himself. Contrary to the consideration scottish-guy, that even as a non smoker, you have no hesitation in showing to others, he is obviously someone that has become incapable of the act of being able to live and let live.

I say has become, because whilst I have absolutely no idea what the fuck his problem currently is, nor what has caused it, I know him from my time on this forum, as someone that until he started on this one man no smoking crusade of his, to be a person that showed a completely different personality, to the venomous and spiteful one he is currently portraying.

Like you, I too realise that other people have an equal right to exist on the planet. Because of this, as a smoker, when I am in the company of non smokers, I do everything I possibly can to ensure that they are sitting anywhere other than downwind from me when I am smoking in their company; even asking on many occasion for them to exchange seats with me and explaining to them why. Furthermore, I am in the company of these none smokers every single day of my life, some of them being friends who are also members here. I am pleased to be able to say, that not one of them, have ever come even remotely close, to being anywhere near as fucking obnoxious a person, that cat has shown himself to be on this subject. Neither have they ever made me feel guilty or uncomfortable, for smoking in their presence.

Quote by scottish-guy:
I have to say I wonder what the old fart did before the no-smoking laws came into force and I can only assume he stayed in the house masturbating furiously instead of going out

Quite the contrary scottish-guy. If you check back on the posts of his made before there was any talk of the new smoking law and when it was normal to be allowed to smoke in go go bars, something I may add that was being done by the majority of customers, you will find that cat was every bit as much of a regular in those bars then, as he is now.

However, in complete contrast to the cat, when the new laws were first introduced and I found during the first two weeks of going to go go bars, that I was spending considerable more time sitting on a stool on the streets of Sunee talking to the doormen, than I was spending in the bar, I couldn't see the sense in continuing to visit them. Not only did I stop going to go go bars altogether, using host bars instead, I have never returned since, not even going to one particular bar where the owner is a friend of mine and whose company on those visits, I enjoyed immensely.

Try asking that friend of mine, along with the other owners of go go bars, how they feel about the new smoking laws. Sure, as cat is so fond of constantly telling us all, these bars are now smoke free and clean air environments, but those owners I spoke of above, will tell you that as a result of the new law, they are also customer fucking free environments as well.

Having said the above, it is only fair on my part to say as well, that a possibility also exists, where some of these go go bars are customer free zones, not as a result of the no smoking laws, but because of the facts that their existence, as well as their location, are an extremely well kept secret, known only to cat and his friends. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/whistling.gif

Secret fucking go go bars! Seriously guys, could any of you believe that one? I would be amazed if the majority of you didn't find that little gem as outrageously funny and totally preposterous as I did? By the way scottish-guy, I loved the following quote of yours which also gave me a good laugh. I also believe that it was because of this quote, that was the real reason for you being put on ignore. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/laughing4.gif

Give us a break cat................ p e r l e a s e http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/2003_rolling_eyes_backwards.gif Apart from showing total disregard to any of the members here, evident by all of the things stated previously, you are obviously not in the slightest bit bothered either, in blatantly insulting our intelligence as well.

Seriously, ask those owners how they feel about having to enforce a law, that is causing them even more hardship, than that which is already being suffered as a result of the current extremely low, low season

I would like to say in closing scottish-guy, that cats action in placing you on ignore, is one I believe to be strongly resembling, that of a child spitting out his dummy and throwing a tantrum, simply because he can't get his own way. Perhaps when there are no members left to place on ignore and he is posting to himself, the following may possibly dawn on him:

That as a result of his insane rantings of late, along with what can only be described as his total fucking obsession on the subject of smoking, it has now got to the point where it has reached such a ridiculous stage, that it is seriously pissing everyone off. Yes cat, that's right, everyone, even the non smokers too.

Cheers all, http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/rasta.gif

George.

September 16th, 2008, 10:25
It's good to see George's self-proclaimed sense of humor well to the fore again.

September 16th, 2008, 10:42
I am also a non smoker and I see nothing wrong with having the smokers go outside for their smoke. They have their right to smoke but they have no right to endanger me with the second hand smoke. Also it is nice in a closed in place like a gogo bar not to have to see thru clouds of smelly smoke to see the stage/boys. Most bars have outdoor areas for guys to smoke so I don't see why it is a big problem.

Dodger
September 16th, 2008, 18:18
Loud music...flashing lights...a few fem boys greeting the customers...a little smoke in the air...yep, sounds like the Pattaya bar scene to me.

Then again, there's always that person who really doesn't like the bar scene at all - but can't stay away because of the alure of the candy inside. Then comes the compaints from the person about the music...the lights...the smoke...or the fact that not all the boys are to HIS personal liking. The world should be rotating around ME he shouts - and it's not. Doesn't anyone realize just WHO I AM. I mean, I am everything. I am ME. You are all here simply because of ME, and you should realize this and comform to MY will.

Nothing is ever "just right" to a person like this. They're out of their comfort zone. They become uneasy...then resentful...then bitter...then angry. They resort to shouting from the roof tops to gather a crowd in an effort to gain sympathy for their cause, and alas, march at the head of their motley crew in protest. The music is too loud they chant. The lights are flashing too much for our eyes, not all the boys are the type we're looking for... and those smokers should be hanged by the neck until dead.

I guess this phenomenom exists because of the great diversity between us humans. Some expect the world to rotate around them, which of course is impossible. Others just resign themselves to observe this phenomenom and apply patience, because to change this phenomenom is also impossible.

I guess that's where the term...mai pen rai comes in.

catawampuscat
September 16th, 2008, 19:15
A smarter man than me would just lie down and wait for the cunts to get over their
periods and off the bloody rag but unfortunately...

I authored a positive posting about several boy bars in Sunee Plaza and explained
why I enjoyed them so much..
It is positive to enjoy a tobacco smoke free environment and not have to suffer from the ashtray set and their self righteous viewpoints..
It is positive to comment on bars that hire legal age boys and not skeleton ladyboys
years from legal age to work in bars..
sure it reflects my taste level and I am being
positive in proclaiming that Krazy Dragon and now Nice Boys are great boy bars because
they are now tobacco smoke free and free from underage skeleton ladyboys.
This is all positive but those on the fucking bloody rag can only bemoan the fact that
they can't smoke cigarettes inside a/c bars and their much beloved skinny ladyboy are
not in abundance in these two boy bars..

This is great news but unfortunately those who see greatness as being able to chain
smoke and admire 40 kilo lady tots are in an unroar and on the bloody rag..

George and I have a long history of pms and our differences are day and nite..
I did not think George would take this to the open forum and get so pissy because
he knows I am an anti-cigarette smoking fascist as well as an anti-pedo pest.
I never implied that George was a pedo or that chain smoker = pedo, or that
he was a lady boy lover.
George and I will never become friends and I hope we will never become enemies
either but recognize that we are very different men with very different attitudes about some things and let it go at that..

You can still find the skinny lady boys all over the place and no doubt some of the bars
will bring you an ashtray, but for those who enjoy the absence of these things, the
good news, the great news is that there are alternatives in Sunee Plaza and things are
getting better for those with aversions to cigarette smokers and children workin in bars.. :cat:

MiniMee
September 16th, 2008, 19:55
A smarter man than me would just lie down and wait for the cunts to get over their
periods and off the bloody rag but unfortunately...

George and I have a long history of pms and our differences are day and nite..

Well, that would explain the rather irritable tone of the posts each of you make at certain times of the month.

September 16th, 2008, 20:02
Scottish-Guy wrote:

I have to say I wonder what the old fart did before the no-smoking laws came into force and I can only assume he stayed in the house masturbating furiously instead of going out - lest his ultra-sensitive nostrils might be assaulted by cigarette smoke.

I would bet the "old fart" is an ex-smoker.

September 17th, 2008, 02:43
[quote="catawampuscat"]......It is positive to enjoy a tobacco smoke free environment and not have to suffer from the ashtray set and their self righteous viewpoints..
quote]

I think it's quite obvious to ALL who it is who has the "self righteous viewpoints" dear!

September 17th, 2008, 02:54
As as non-smoker myself (as I have already stated) I have the following observation.

Whilst I am not in any way turned on by cigarette smoke in bars (although I don't flip my wig about it like some) I must say that the smoke does have ONE advantage.

Quite bluntly, the smell of the smoke masks the smell of some of the customers.

The evidence for this is the fact that many night clubs observing no-smoking bans throughout the world have had to resort to having perfumes/air fresheners pumped through the ventilation system to cover up the newly apparent smell of sweaty bodies.

Now I know there are some people who have a sweat and body odour fetish, but give me the fag smoke any time!

lo-so
September 17th, 2008, 04:42
Indeed on long haul flight not only do the trolley dollies spray to meet requirements regarding possible infestations (bugs??) but also to "cleanse" the malodorous air that might exist - cigarette smoke was always so more effective.

Dodger
September 17th, 2008, 05:30
Cat Wrote:

This is all positive but those on the fucking bloody rag can only bemoan the fact that
they can't smoke cigarettes inside a/c bars and their much beloved skinny ladyboy are
not in abundance in these two boy bars..

Cat,

I find it interesting that not one single person involved with this thread has made one single comment, let alone bemoan the fact, that they can't smoke cigarettes in the bars, as you have stated. I also find it interesting that not one single person involved with this thread has made one single comment referring to their much beloved ladyboys, other than yourself.

The responders to this thread include smokers and non-smokers alike, all of whom have made honest and open comments regarding your opening statements on this post. After reading these comments, you react by framing us (or some of us) as being "self righteous." ...and then go on to referring to us (or some of us) as "Cunts." What's wrong with this picture ?

You have insulted people with your remarks, smokers and non-smokers alike. This isn't an opinion, it is fact. Just read the comments you received on this thread for yourself.

Ironically, on another post started this week by Wesley, you felt inclined to pontificate to him that his post was boring and mundane, and you evan went as far as to threaten to put him on your ignor list because of the boring nature of his thread. All that drama, and all Wesley wanted to do is talk about his Birthday Party plans when he arrived in PTY. I actually felt bad for Wesley after reading your insulting remarks.

Maybe you should lighten up a bit and practice your "people skills."

Just a thought.

catawampuscat
September 17th, 2008, 10:26
dodger, I agree with your points and have sent you a pm to explain my behavior.
It will serve no purpose for me to continue this on the open forum and further
inflame other posters.
For the record, I regret using the word "cunts", as it violated my own p.c. principles
but I am no angel and can lose it sometimes..
I also have no problem with lady boys/men & uber skinny boys and no interest in them and only bitch about the omni-presence of fem boys & skeleton boys, which I believe overwhelms many bars and turns off many other farang who have no interest in fem boys & uber skinny ones.
My purpose was to give some of the beer bars owners the idea that having the most fem boys pitching for customers may be an idea that needs reconsidering.
I think that if your interest is one type of boys, you might forget or ignore the fact that many of your potential customers
will not frequent your bar if you don't provide a mix of boy types.
This may not help fill the many now empty beer bars but it may be an idea worth considering.
scottish-guy stays on Ignore and my opinions about him remain unaltered. I don't
believe it is immature to flush away turds but to each his own..
I will work on my "people skills" dodger, and need some time away from the fray and will not further comment on this thread except to ask the moderators to consider closing it, even if that request causes some to get pissed off. You can't make every one happy.
Enough already. :cat:

September 17th, 2008, 11:05
....You can still find the skinny lady boys all over the place ....

Yes, but where does one find the fat Ladyboys? :cheers:

Come on, lets all chill out.
To paraphrase a famous computer I honestly think everyone ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over. :hal

September 17th, 2008, 11:39
Its so simple to placate smokers, as you see in most Airports you just have a glass fronted room where smokers can smoke to there hearts content, a big bonus is they can also breath in all the other smokers secondary smoke, this should double their pleasure and then can still see what's going on outside with piped sound and glass to see outside, as they did in the 1800s and early 1900s when Gentlemen put on a smoking jacket and went to the smoking parlor.

As for lady boys as I have said before, 1 to every 10 man boys is no problem, as only 1 in ten customer seem to like them, plus as with some non smokers, lady boys bring the worst out in some customers, like Road Rage, it can turn the meekest person into a wild raging Bull.

September 18th, 2008, 06:02
dodger, I agree with your points and have sent you a pm to explain my behavior.
It will serve no purpose for me to continue this on the open forum and further
inflame other posters.
For the record, I regret using the word "cunts", as it violated my own p.c. principles
but I am no angel and can lose it sometimes..
I also have no problem with lady boys/men & uber skinny boys and no interest in them and only bitch about the omni-presence of fem boys & skeleton boys, which I believe overwhelms many bars and turns off many other farang who have no interest in fem boys & uber skinny ones.
My purpose was to give some of the beer bars owners the idea that having the most fem boys pitching for customers may be an idea that needs reconsidering.
I think that if your interest is one type of boys, you might forget or ignore the fact that many of your potential customers
will not frequent your bar if you don't provide a mix of boy types.
This may not help fill the many now empty beer bars but it may be an idea worth considering.
scottish-guy stays on Ignore and my opinions about him remain unaltered. I don't
believe it is immature to flush away turds but to each his own..
I will work on my "people skills" dodger, and need some time away from the fray and will not further comment on this thread except to ask the moderators to consider closing it, even if that request causes some to get pissed off. You can't make every one happy.
Enough already. :cat:

Oh this is really rich - he starts a contentious thread , makes a complete arse of himself in the process, calls everybody cunts, calls me a turd, pisses almost everybody off, expects me to be upset because he puts me on ignore and then HE thinks HE can decide it's time for the moderators to close the thread?????????????????

How long has he been having these delusions of superiority? ...........or adequacy even?

September 18th, 2008, 07:00
Oh this is really rich - he starts a contentious thread , makes a complete arse of himself in the process, calls everybody cunts, calls me a turd, pisses almost everybody off, expects me to be upset because he puts me on ignore and then HE thinks HE can decide it's time for the moderators to close the thread?????????????????

How long has he been having these delusions of superiority? ...........or adequacy even?That's our Cat! Welcome to the Forum

catawampuscat
September 18th, 2008, 09:31
thanks homi for quoting the turd and of course negating the glorious IGNORE feature.
I could ignore the colonel as well but at least I find him interesting and intelligent if
not predicatable..
It was an obvious call that someone like the floating turd would get riled up with my
suggestion to close the thread. How dare I, after all, make a suggestion and who do I
think I am after all.
It is easy, just make a suggestion, know it probably be found amusing or tiresome by
the moderators (depending on their mood and the frequency of the suggestions) and with
the knowledge that you will piss off somebody who hasn't had their ounce of flesh yet..

It is unfortunate that the colonel is reduced to quoting turds but I guess life can be boring
sometimes when chao na and aunty take some time off and one is reduced to trolling. :cat:

Hint: maybe this will help with the decision to further ignore the suggestion or just close
it down and shut up the wackos, and maybe not.
After all, the right of tobacco smokers is paramount and we must remain like the proverbial
ostriches with our heads (and eyes) in the sand ..
All of you smokers missed out on the fun last nite, when they brought out ashtrays at
Sundance Boy Bar in Sunee and a couple of assholes lit up and stunk up the place..
The scarecrow who runs the place is too broke to fix or buy a new air conditioner and the
place already smells like a toilet and he pleaded ignorance, when this poster bitched loudly
about the outrage of his staff providing ashtrays to smokers in his tiny semi a/c boy bar.

Too bad Pow Wow listing of smokers paradises and vile stink holes has passed into history.
Sundance Boy bar is now the prominent ashtray bar in Sunee Plaza for all those who can't make the effort to step out and feel priviledged to ruin everyone elses good time.
The ranting and raving farang, who let the assholes know that they should smoke outside,
even got the scarecrow to raise his voice and only those without sensitive nostrils should
even consider this boy bar until the put away the ashtrays. thanks again homi for your quoting and I will try to remember to do the same for you with posters you have on ignore.. :cat:

September 18th, 2008, 09:48
thanks homi for quoting the turd and of course negating the glorious IGNORE feature.Oddly enough (and I know you don't recognise this fact) the Forum does not revolve around your ego, with your constant desire to shut down any discussion that becomes inconvenient to you. You and Henry Cate have at least one thing in common - a complete abhorrence of the First Amendment. I have so many people on {Ignore} that half my threads read "so and so is on {Ignore}", "so and so is on {Ignore}" and then I reach a point where someone I don't have on {Ignore} quotes one of the others and I'm reminded why the person was put on {Ignore} in the first place. The only reason I don't have you on {Ignore} is (as I said somewhere else) you constantly post about what a god-awful place Pattaya is, and I need these little reminders not to tarry once Doris and I have finished our regular lunches. And for the record I find scottish-guy interesting enough to read; doubtless he's said something about you in the past that you've found crushing - it's not that hard to do!

giggsy
September 18th, 2008, 09:54
The young doctor was carrying out research into Coal Miners Pneumoconiosis ("Coal Dust Disease"), which gradually destroys the lungs.

He was visiting the Miners Social Clubs, interviewing ex-miners with the disease. In any research involving the lungs it is essential to know whether the person is exposed to tobacco smoke - his own or other peoples.

"So, John, are you still smoking?"

"I am," replied John.

"Don't you know how bad smoking is for the lungs, especially for someone like you with "the dust"?"

"Certainly, doctor, but it's only smoking that keeps my wife alive!"

"How do you mean?" asked the doctor, clearly very puzzled.

"Well, if I gave up smoking I'd murder the bitch!"

I have every sympathy with the American who was so horrified by what he had read of the effects of smoking that he gave up reading. -- Henry G. Strauss, 1892-1974

Shuee
September 19th, 2008, 01:49
someone mentioned the former owner of NB still around sitting outside drinking still, well the way i see it is that why would the 2 mamasans/owners who now have NB agogo have been working as mamasans in a bar previuosly when they could have owned a bar outright themselves.
it just doesnt add up! on mamasan wages it would take a very long while until they get to buy & own a bar, so i think that there is a sleeping partner or 2 perhaps?l, maybe its the former westerner owner?

i dont know how things work here exactly, maybe they are leasing it by the month perhaps, (can you do that??), another reason for the former owner to still be checking his assets

& what ever happened to that nasty rumour where when you bought a bar you had to get all the former owners signitures, like all 8 of them maybe, is that true?

September 19th, 2008, 05:54
I have not red all your comments but remember that Hitler was the first to condemming smoking. Healthy mind in an heathy body. Oh, how many did he kill of jews, gays and maybe smokers (from the gaschambers)

September 19th, 2008, 06:25
I have not red all your comments but remember that Hitler was the first to condemming smoking. Healthy mind in an heathy body. Oh, how many did he kill of jews, gays and maybe smokers (from the gaschambers)

Are you insinuating that those people who don't want to breathe toxins that have been in other people's lungs already are Nazis? Anyway, Hitler wasn't wrong on everything.

giggsy
September 19th, 2008, 06:34
well if there was such a thing as the SS brigade (stop smoking brigade) i think cat would volenteer to be the SS colonel in chief

Wesley
September 19th, 2008, 08:51
I can only say how bad it smells after you quit, I can put up with it but had rather not.

Wes

September 19th, 2008, 09:14
Hitler - the Devil incarnate. Be interesting to hear what he was right about.Oh come one - no-one is so bad that there isn't a single good thing you can say about them. Hitler was also a "greenie" and as I've said before it's no accident that Green politics began in post-war Germany, nor that its adherents mostly favour the publicity skills made so famous by Dr Goebbels, not to mention their dislike of dissent from their views. However, conservation is, on balance, a good idea. I'm less inclined to look for good in Stalin or Pol Pot, but given Chao Na's propensity to suck up to anyone in authority I'm sure he'll be able to pull many examples out of the place where he keeps all his good ideas (his arse). I'm told by the way that among Hitler's worst attributes (for me) was his love of children. But then so many people are just sentimentalists at heart :cyclopsani:

September 19th, 2008, 10:46
Hitler has no saving graces ...There we must disagree. I abhor absolute statements of any kind; they are the worst sort of pinko-liberal propaganda

catawampuscat
September 19th, 2008, 10:50
FDR was a smoker as I recall from photographs.
Does anyone besides hans and chao na give a shit about historical persons who
used tobacco or didn't? it is meaningless in this context..
After a second day of being an ashtray bar, witnessed by several who left seconds
after entering Sundance in Sunee, one mamasan proclaimed that they would no
longer allow cigarette smoking as it caused too many problems.. bullshit of course!

I am sure this new attitude on no smoking in this shoebox sized boy bar with malfunctioning
aircon will last until the next asshole wants to light up his cigar/pipe/cigarette..
or whatever and the scarecrow and crew will run to get him an ashtray..

Where are the no smoking police when you need them?
A couple of 20,000B. fines should wise up some of the bar owners, especially the scarecrow..
:cat:

September 19th, 2008, 11:17
Where are the no smoking police when you need them?

They are but a phone call away - surely you remember the number?

On a more serious note, whatever happened to the tolerance for which the gay community was famed?

I find it very sad that one (albeit ever so humble) poster continues to force his views down our throats in such a way. I can only guess at what might have happened to cause him to behave in this way, and it makes me feel very sorry for him.

Rather than trading insults and trying to score points in a game that cannot be conclusively won, let us concentrate on the bigger things in life.

September 19th, 2008, 11:20
[On a more serious note, whatever happened to the tolerance for which the gay community was famed?A legend in your own mind, I fear, especially as there is no such there as a gay "community", just a whole lot of guys who prefer cocks to cunts; apart from that in common, they have the full range of prejudices that other human beings have

lo-so
September 19th, 2008, 16:30
Cat- why for a second occasion, rapidly following your earlier trip, have you ventured into a shoe box sized bar with poor air con where you know people are smoking? - are there not enough other bars for you to enjoy that meet your air quality standards?. Or is it perhaps there is a greater level of fun or some other attraction in Sundance? Do you really begrudge one bar from operating in this albeit illegal matter? You, quite rightly in my opinion bemoan those who fail to enjoy life to the full and therefore why become such a moaning chap on this issue?

Dodger
September 19th, 2008, 18:16
gwm4asian Wrote:

Rather than trading insults and trying to score points in a game that cannot be conclusively won, let us concentrate on the bigger things in life.

gwm4asian...well stated, and I coudn't agree more.

When you consider the fact the that entire bar scene LOS, incuding Sunee Plaza, is in direct violation of Thai laws against prostitution, it's makes no sense whatsoever for any visiting (or resident) farang to try to force anyone in this envirtonment to follow the more trival laws, e.g., smoking in bars. It's like standing on a street corner in a Land where you don't come from to begin with, screaming at the true residents of the Land who are riding on motorbikes without wearing their helmuts.

Unfortunately, Sunee Plaza won't evan exisit 4-5 years from now, and it pains me to say that...but that's just the way things go. The LAWS will at some point rule the day.

I plan to enjoy it to the max as long as it does exist and hope that others will as well. When the day comes that places like Sunee Plaza only exist in our memories, the last thing anyone will think about is the annoyance of someone smoking in a bar.

A few sorry sots used to complain about the elephants strolling along the sois at night - and now they're gone. I knew that that was the beginning of the end.

For those who want to continue to bitch and complain about the laws being violated here (and Cat I'm not singling you out here, because there's a few others as well),...remember that it really doesnt matter in the big picture (as gwn4asian stated) because all that will be left is your echo in the empty halls.

I had a small racing boat once with a sign I taped to the dashboard that stated..."Get In - Sit Down - Hold On - and Shut Up. That's also my recommendation for farangs when they're in Thailand.

mai pen rai

September 19th, 2008, 18:36
Cat- why for a second occasion, rapidly following your earlier trip, have you ventured into a shoe box sized bar with poor air con where you know people are smoking? - are there not enough other bars for you to enjoy that meet your air quality standards?. Or is it perhaps there is a greater level of fun or some other attraction in Sundance? Do you really begrudge one bar from operating in this albeit illegal matter? You, quite rightly in my opinion bemoan those who fail to enjoy life to the full and therefore why become such a moaning chap on this issue?

A very good question indeed Loso. With regard to your comment above of: Do you really begrudge one bar from operating in this albeit illegal matter? Although I have not visited a go go bar since a couple of weeks after the smoking ban came into effect, I assure you that the owner of this bar, is not the only one that allows his customers to discreetly have a few puffs on the end of a cigarette inside his bar. I know of this as a fact, having heard it at first hand from the smoker friends of mine, that do use certain go go bars where the above is practiced.

The fact that the cat singles this particular bar out and does so, by immaturely referring to it's owner by the derogatory name that he does, indicates to me that there is quite possibly a personal agenda involved here as well as a smoking issue.

I am not going to address the moral rights and wrongs of either the owner in question, or other bar owners in allowing smoking in their bars, my only point being, that they obviously do allow this to go on, appreciating that it is essential to keep certain customers happy, as well as ensuring that they continue to return to their bars. Especially as some of these customers are among their best ones, in so much as the the amount of Baht they regularly spend in their bars.

I am certain that all of these bar owners are well aware of the risks involved in allowing this practice, as are the customers of theirs that smoke. They also know that it is extremely unlikely, that the non smokers among their patrons, share anywhere near the same fanatical obsession that the cat does on the subject. Most of them would not even be aware that anyone has asked for an ashtray, or is in deed even smoking. As again and unlike the cat, this would not have been anywhere near the top of their priority list in what they would be seeking to look for, when they made the decision to venture into the bar in the first place. I hope that you can all agree on this point of mine, even if you are unable to agree with any of the others.

I am also of the opinion that with the eagle eyed doormen that all go go bars employ, as well as the local drums that are always being pounded, that any cigarettes being smoked in any of these bars, would be extinguished long before any member of the "smoke police" ever had a chance of getting near the door, let alone through it. Contrary to what some may believe, unless I am able to smoke openly in these bars, as opposed to having to do so in a way I did at school, when I had to hide behind the bicycle sheds, I will continue to stay out of them until such time when and if the current laws are rescinded.

With regard to the particular bar owner in question, who suffered the above tirade of abuse for allowing smoking in his bar, if he was anywhere close to deserving and warranting the name given to him of "scarecrow", you would think at the very least that he would surely be capable of scaring and keeping unruly cats away from his door, thereby preventing them from entering his premises and pissing all over his territory. :-)

Cheers,

George.

Shuee
September 20th, 2008, 15:19
i will wait until the smoke settles to get a reply

someone mentioned the former owner of NB still around sitting outside drinking still, well the way i see it is that why would the 2 mamasans/owners who now have NB agogo have been working as mamasans in a bar previuosly when they could have owned a bar outright themselves.
it just doesnt add up! on mamasan wages it would take a very long while until they get to buy & own a bar, so i think that there is a sleeping partner or 2 perhaps?l, maybe its the former westerner owner?

i dont know how things work here exactly, maybe they are leasing it by the month perhaps, (can you do that??), another reason for the former owner to still be checking his assets

& what ever happened to that nasty rumour where when you bought a bar you had to get all the former owners signitures, like all 8 of them maybe, is that true?

September 20th, 2008, 15:23
FDR was a smoker as I recall from photographs.
Does anyone besides hans and chao na give a shit about historical persons who
used tobacco or didn't?

Why do you think I care?

I don't give a rat's ass who smokes or not, as long as they don't do it near me.

September 20th, 2008, 16:07
Hitler has no saving graces ...There we must disagree. I abhor absolute statements of any kind; they are the worst sort of pinko-liberal propaganda :bounce:I suppose I should, more temperately, have quoted that ancient writer whose saying Montaigne had engraved on his ceiling - "I am a man; nothing human is foreign to me"

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 20th, 2008, 18:53
".My favorite beer bar tends to be Corner Bar but not for the boys but I do have a thing for the owner and love the cappuccinos.."

knowing the owner..the mind boggles ! :shaking2: