PDA

View Full Version : Friday 12th = wine+cheese

jinks
September 11th, 2008, 00:33
http://www.jinks.clara.net/09ads/0912lacage.jpg

September 11th, 2008, 01:11
Why would someone buy a glass for 150 baht when they're offering unlimited sampling for free?

RonanTheBarbarian
September 11th, 2008, 03:44
Presumably the business model is that when you get too drunk to drink the wine from your cupped hands, you will have to buy a glass for 150 baht to be able to keep from spilling it? :alc:

September 11th, 2008, 04:04
Presumably the business model is that when you get too drunk to drink the wine from your cupped hands, you will have to buy a glass for 150 baht to be able to keep from spilling it? :alc:It beats snorting it up your nose with a straw - a trick Lunchtime O'Booze tried to teach me at our last get together. Particularly difficult if the wine is champagne

September 11th, 2008, 07:56
Why would someone buy a glass for 150 baht when they're offering unlimited sampling for free?

And the cheese is free also?

Something seems wrong here. :scratch:

September 11th, 2008, 09:55
A quarter slice each only, please.

http://promomagazine.com/othertactics/news/Cheese_KraftSingle1s.jpg

catawampuscat
September 11th, 2008, 10:24
The humour of some posters is totally lost on me..
It must be from those with access to wine and cheese and don't realize
how unusual an offer it is to sample fine wines with cheese..
150B. for a fine wine is not expensive and all in all it is a good deal and
an good idea.
Some one is finally showing some imagination and doing something a tad
different..
While, Mikes La Cage is not my favorite bar, at least they are trying to differentiate themselves from the same old same old and I hope they are successful..

Too many of the beer bars think fem hosts are the way to go and it isn't and then
there are a few who think street boys who sleep in their jeans and look it are the way.
Only a few beer bars know how to do it right and that is why Come In Beer Bar is
the best of the bunch.

I am disappointed that Ouds' Cafe hasn't gotten the message and they must think
that the owners' personality is enough but it is time to bring on the boys and leave
the ladyboy gowns and prancing around in womens shoes at home..

People are always writing about underage in Sunee Plaza but ignoring the hordes of
ladyboys and very fem boys that fill the host bars.
No doubt it reflects the sexual tastes of the owners but maybe that is why so many are so empty all the time.
Many of us are not interested in girlie boys and lisping silly ladyboys but the owners
don't get, except for the boss at Come In Bar..

I firmly believe that the ladyboy/ladyman orientation of so many of the Pattaya/Jomtien bar owners is a chief reason why their business sucks besides the obvious world wide and local political/financial ones.
I applaud any new ideas, new efforts to make changes and try something different.
Offer us some variety or don't be surprised when your bar goes belly up because
you think what you like is what the punters want.. Enough ladyboy beer bars please... :cat:

September 11th, 2008, 10:34
Yes, I expect those wines are really fine

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/e/eb/NightTrainExpressBottle.jpg

catawampuscat
September 11th, 2008, 10:47
chao na, if they come in glass bottles with corks, they are fine wines.

This is jug wine territory and cardboard boxes with spigots..
Too bad, some short-sighted bar owners, think we will drink the cheapest swill on the market
and then in tiny glasses (a small blessing, I suppose), and return for another.

hint to bar owners: in low season, you better cater to the expats and not go cheap as possible.
There are many many other places to go for a drink and we do talk
about the drinkable of wines and the portions/prices.

I have enjoyed many a glass of wine outside Sammys in Sunee Plaza in oversized glasses
with oversized portions for under 100B. but last couple of times, someone is cutting back
and funny how the customers (well, one anyway) have cut back on ordering.
Still, Sammys has better wine than most places and a larger portion but we (I) want it all for nothing and like to be indulged, at least sometimes. :cat:

September 11th, 2008, 12:34
This is jug wine territory and cardboard boxes with spigotsYou always manage to make Pattaya sound so ... enticing

bao-bao
September 11th, 2008, 23:37
This is jug wine territory and cardboard boxes with spigots...

Reminds me of one of my favorite lines from The Simpsons.

In an episode a handful of years ago Lisa is sleeping/snoring and Ralph observes "You're like my mommy after her box of wine!"

If you click on the play button after it loads you can hear it here:

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season13/ten17.mp3

joe552
September 12th, 2008, 03:18
I thought this was a charity fundraising event - is that not where the 150bt is going?

jinks
September 12th, 2008, 04:30
While, Mikes La Cage is not my favorite bar, at least they are trying to differentiate themselves from the same old same old and I hope they are successful..

Being different again next Friday :)

http://www.jinks.clara.net/09ads/0919lacage.jpg

September 13th, 2008, 01:46
Is there a Dr Livingstone in the house?

September 13th, 2008, 05:49
Is there a Dr Livingstone in the house?

In the world of George Stanley's voice, love is real, jealousy is real, faithful lovers and unfaithful lovers sometimes get what is coming to them, sometimes not - and what could be more real than that?

The Bottom Boys lip-synched their way through his songs .

Soon as he started singing, there will tears swelling up in your eyes. :clown:

Wesley
September 13th, 2008, 06:39
I think I prefer to donate the 150 and stay out of the bottle, I like wine but not a lot of it, so for me it would be a taste it and see. I guess I am one of the those white wine sipping liberals Bill talks a O'Rielly talks about. I can baby a glass most of a night, actually I can baby a bottle most of the night. But, if I am planning on sex I prefer none at all. I like to remember what and who I was with the night before. However, anything for Thaisforlife.

Wes

September 13th, 2008, 08:45
Soon as he started singing, there will tears swelling up in your eyes.

I hope the tears well up for the very best of reasons Baziel