PDA

View Full Version : Libel

September 9th, 2008, 06:31
I have just registered here. I am using my real name.

libel that has been posted on this forum by Bissel.

the photo posted by Bissel on the thread about Smiles marriage is of me, not of Fatman, who seems to be the unfortunate receiver of Bissel's abuse.

Fatman is not me, and I am not Fatman, but we do know each other. The photo in question was lifted off the @Richards web site, and dates back to their 2nd aniversary party. The posting by Bissel is libelous and I am taking some action over that.

Bissel is cowardly canine excrement hiding behind an anonymous handle. He does not reply to private messages and does not dare face me to explain his peculiar vendetta.

September 9th, 2008, 07:21
I have just registered here. I am using my real name.

libel that has been posted on this forum by Bissel.

the photo posted by Bissel on the thread about Smiles marriage is of me, not of Fatman, who seems to be the unfortunate receiver of Bissel's abuse.

Fatman is not me, and I am not Fatman, but we do know each other. The photo in question was lifted off the @Richards web site, and dates back to their 2nd aniversary party. The posting by Bissel is libelous and I am taking some action over that.

Bissel is cowardly canine excrement hiding behind an anonymous handle. He does not reply to private messages and does not dare face me to explain his peculiar vendetta.

If Freddie Starr couldn't sue on allegations in a national newspaper that he ate a hamster, what chance do you have over your photo which the poster didn't specifically allege to be of Fattman in the first place?

Now I have never met Fattman but I'll assume his monicker is well deserved - and since the farang in the photo is decidedly "un-fatt" there is little reason for any sane person to assume it is he.

This legal advice comes completely free of charge.

:cheers:

Patexpat
September 9th, 2008, 09:53
.. and this is one of the reasons why new Thai legislation in force from the 23rd August requires ALL organisations (no exeptions) to keep records for 90 days of all internet usage ...

September 9th, 2008, 10:02
The posting by Bissel is libelous and I am taking some action over that.

Please keep us apprised of your progress in finding a lawyer and/or court that won't laugh you out the door.

September 9th, 2008, 10:11
.. and this is one of the reasons why new Thai legislation in force from the 23rd August requires ALL organisations (no exeptions) to keep records for 90 days of all internet usage ...Because some in some Thai official's rich fantasy life it's believed this is somehow going to help in cases of libel? Where else in the world has such a rule been attempted, let alone worked, in this way?

Patexpat
September 9th, 2008, 10:27
a - ha! I didn't say it was sensible or even enforceable - remember the SIM card registration fiasco a couple of years ago?

catawampuscat
September 9th, 2008, 12:16
It could have been much worse.
I recall one nasty piece of work on this forum who claimed to have incriminating
photos of a poster in a compromising situation in a Sunee Plaza go go bar.
Of course, with the poor lighting and the blackmailing cowards' frequent use of
hyperbole, the threat was just more nonsense and purely his delusion BUT,
it could have been a dangerous situation, if posted, even if it wasn't this sociopaths'
target. Village idiots usually are harmless but sometimes they have friends who
do their dirty work for them until the friends learn about playing with fire and get burnt..

Since the problem usually comes from newbies (sorry Paul), maybe a 24 hour hold
on photos or maybe even a hold on all posters with photos until they can be reviewed
by the moderators. Maybe unworkable and a nightmare but what can be done with
those agenda driven, hate filled, manipulative people out there hiding behind handles,
enjoying the results of their sick games and intrusions into others personal business.

Fortunately the photo was apparently harmless but what if it was someone on the
beach displaying far too much of themselves or some such horror.
This is the stuff of the tabloid press and some of us are still waiting for the expose with
photos in one of the London tabloids as promised by a now blessedly banned for life former
poster.. :cat:

September 9th, 2008, 12:25
a - ha! I didn't say it was sensible or even enforceable - remember the SIM card registration fiasco a couple of years ago?Yes, I've made that point already in the original thread on this topic

allieb
September 9th, 2008, 12:47
I have just registered here. I am using my real name

Paul What !! Still seems to be anonymous

Brad the Impala
September 9th, 2008, 14:57
I have just registered here. I am using my real name

Paul What !! Still seems to be anonymous

Well don't tell George that!

September 9th, 2008, 15:15
I think you did not read Paul's message. (And Thank You to Paul for that posting). Paul says that the picture is of him, not of me. Is that clear enough? And it would be nice if the mods would do something to stop this lunatic.

Yes dear - and that is why I said the person in the photo is obviously not fat enough to be you, therefore there is no possibility of deception.

Is that clear enough?

September 9th, 2008, 15:29
I'm far more interested in who the gorgeous Thai guy is.!

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 9th, 2008, 18:44
....whose hamster did Freddie Starr eat ?

September 9th, 2008, 21:06
I have the Big Guy pegged as the one sitting at the bar.

Beware, this thread is nothing more than an unpaid advertisement!

Does anyone know my friend Dave in NY?

giggsy
September 9th, 2008, 21:39
[color=brown]"I have the Big Guy pegged as the one sitting at the bar.

Beware, this thread is nothing more than an unpaid advertisement!

oh goody a quiz/competition is there a prize?

i guess the guy with the pink t shirt and glasses dangling down

by the way FYI i am also using my real name and i really do play for manchester unitad

September 9th, 2008, 22:28
Suggest moderators post various pictures of lard arses in various locations doing various things and we have to spot which one fattman or the other loser is?

Marsilius
September 9th, 2008, 23:37

The unfortunate animal was the pet of Lea La Salle of Birchwood, Cheshire, who had, probably unwisely, refused to make Mr Starr a sandwich.

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 10th, 2008, 00:15

The unfortunate animal was the pet of Lea La Salle of Birchwood, Cheshire, who had, probably unwisely, refused to make Mr Starr a sandwich.

oh..I thought it may have been Richard Gere's hamster.

September 10th, 2008, 02:29
[color=brown]
is there a prize?

Yes, a CHEESEburger served by a fat man wearing a polyester tie, goodwill bought shirt and coat and smokes stinky cigars to cover up the STENCH of his armpits.

giggsy
September 10th, 2008, 06:50
i know this is sawatdee gay thailand and "anything goes" but arn't some posters going a bit TOO far with their insults.. i like having the CRACK as much as anyone so is there a reason for this vendetta against what i consider a well informed, mostly polite senior member of this forum.am i missing something? i know i haven't been a member for that long but come on guys and gals lets get back to having a reasonable go at each other without going to the depths some are sinking to xxxxxxxxxx

elephantspike
September 10th, 2008, 10:29
Thanks gigsy for your comment. Actually I take all these postings as being in jest rather than serious, and we must all expect to come under fire sometimes. I was thinking of changing my handle to Lardarse is it definitely has a sexier ring to it :bounce:

There used to be a poster on the old Pattayagay board that went by the handle "Hugh Garse". :blackeye:

Bob
September 10th, 2008, 10:52
Thanks gigsy for your comment. Actually I take all these postings as being in jest rather than serious, and we must all expect to come under fire sometimes. I was thinking of changing my handle to Lardarse is it definitely has a sexier ring to it :bounce:

Not to poke fun at the horizontally challenged, you reminded me of an incident at Dongtan beach a few years back. I was sitting alone reading a newspaper and a couple of thai kids (mid-20's or low-20's maybe) were sitting about 10-12 feet to my left. After a while, I kept hearing them making the same comment and giggling, the comment being "nam man moo." After 30-40 minutes of this, I noticed that ever time they said it, a huge/obese falang walked by along the edge of the beach. Occasionally, the boys would say the entire phrase in a rising tone, with the "moo" part being a bit louder and, when this happened, I noticed an especially large falang walking by (so goddam big that there was a momentary eclipse). Being curious, I grabbed my Thai dictionary out of my camera bag and eventually found "nam man moo." It means "lard" in Thai. So, frankly, I think some of the Thai boys have already beat us to the phrase of lardarse! hehe

If you want it, I hereby bequeath you the handle "Nam Man Moo."