PDA

View Full Version : Do Hotels charge extra for bringing back a ' guest' ?

September 9th, 2008, 06:37
Sawatdee all, Newbie here who is jetting off to LOS for the first time in the new year. I am trying to do a fair bit of homework before I leave for Thailand and this forum has definately helped me out with some usefull information.

I will be staying in Bangkok for at least 3 days during my 3 week stay, I definately want to sample the Babylon Sauna :-) Then heading over to Pattaya for the remaining duration. I have a few tours planned for my stay which include - Tiger Temple, The Bridge over the River Kwai, Ko Lan Island, Elephant trekking etc etc.

As for accommodation in Pattaya, I am keen to stay at the Ambiance Hotel close to ' the action ' but I have one question regarding the hotel which I cant find the answer to on their website -

Do I have to pay extra to the Hotel if I was to bring a guest back for the night?

If I am not succesful booking a room at this Hotel I was thinking of staying at Howards Guest House which is a bit cheaper and no fees for having an extra guest staying. Anybody reccommend another tidy place I could maybe look into that is very close to Boyztown?

Ka poon cup All :-)

See my reply on the "Welcome Plaza" thread.

:-)

September 9th, 2008, 07:44
Punya, owner at Howards, was having some computer problems, but he will reply to you

Wesley
September 9th, 2008, 08:01
Email twoguys Hotel you get an answer right away its cheap and no joiners fee, I have never stayed in Thailand in a cheaper place but as long as its cool got a bed and good bed what the heck. I stayed at the Ambiance for a month , I am sure they do not care how many you take back as often I had 2 ,3 and as many as 5 with no compliants. However, I havr personal reasons for not messing around at the Ambniance anymore , I had rather stay at the cheaper more down to earth and a place where maybe I can make a few good friends like I did the last time I am staayig this time in Pattaya at .twoguys Guesthouse. the the thread on twoguys Guesthouse I am told by another local freind there that there is nothign wrong at the Ambiance with the new guys who have taken over for the former bunch. However, like Sunee, I plan to look for my self and see what has really changed or of the old guys are still involved in anay way of so I have no use for it . I am also told the old guys are completely innocent so, another thing to look into for myself while there.

E-mail Address(es):
twoguysguesthouse@hotmail.com

Have fun.

Wes

lonelywombat
September 9th, 2008, 08:18
Thanks Wesley, Just had a butchers at their guest house and its very resonably priced :-) and breki included!!! basic but then again all I want is a roof over my head and a good solid bed for entertaining hehe.

I couldn't find much information regarding the location of the guest house but is it pretty close to boyztown?

Thanks again, Kyle

go to gayaffairspattaya.com look up maps, then Sunee

twoguys is on the right hand side about a 15 minute stroll to Boyztown about 3 minutes to Sunee

September 9th, 2008, 08:43
twoguys has a new website for those that didn`t know.

http://www.twoguysguesthouse.com/

lonelywombat
September 9th, 2008, 08:55
Thanks lonelywombat. 15 minutes walk back to hotel isn't too bad i suppose, then again, after a few chang beers It's 1 step forward and 2 steps back with me so either my 'guest' can carry me on his shoulders or I will have to flag down a taxi!

All the best, Kyle

Usually when I off a boy in boyztown to save time I walk to the corner of second and south pattaya road for a motor cycle
taxi. This saves the trip down to beach road, which can be a little exciting with the traffic. Most times the boys dont mind walking But with wet season it might be different

If you stay at twoguys, walk through to South Rd, turn left and after 300 metres you are at South/ Second Rd corner , a stones throw to Boyztown Make a point of memorizing the soi entrance in South Rd which I think is the first anyway

Wesley
September 9th, 2008, 09:02
Great new web site, wow, I wold hve made a few decsions differentl had I known the larger room was so much nicer. The Guys look good and the company there as well as the guys that hang arond it sems. The breakfaast looks good as well. Another 200 Baht saved a day. How do you loose at that price its much less than what you would spend in 30 minutes in a bar. Not to mention you spens so much more at the Ambiance and stll hve to pay for breakfast as well unless things have changed.

Interesting though, about Sunnee that is, if there are young guys to off that are not legal and none of the places including twoguys take no illgal guys then whre the hell do guys go to do anything with the so called underage boys. Is it like you step out behind the bar or catcha blow job in the dark LOL, I can't imagine doing stuff like that since I was 13 .

Wes

September 9th, 2008, 09:04
The Ambiance has never charge me a "guest" fee. I have stayed there for the last 11 or 12 years.

September 9th, 2008, 09:04
Trantawan In BKK there is no joiner-fees. Great Hotel and great service for gays

Wesley
September 9th, 2008, 09:09
The Ambiance has never charge me a "guest" fee. I have stayed there for the last 11 or 12 years.

I agree, they never charged me no matter how many guys I brought home from Xzyte show bar. I am not sure what the limit is at twoguys LOL just joking.

Honestly, the Ambiance has such a long term reputation, I think they would be busy even if guys stayed in other places ocassionally. Although I was there for a month one time, I had to move 3 times to finally get to one of the better rooms. I never made it to the penthouse although I did try. I think they will do well no matter how many they loose to two guys or Howards, the location the bar just below and conviancve makes it idea foer a forst timer. you reall dont; have to wannder far away Boyztown to find a suitable guy. If the map is right there is much more to choose from in Sunnee, however, people with money like to stay with people with money. I never felt out of place LOL.

Wesley

Geezer
September 9th, 2008, 10:06
DonтАЩt worry about a double room Never a joinerтАЩs fee at the Ambiance.

September 10th, 2008, 02:15
Last year I stayed at the Ambiance.
They confirmed by e-mail there would be no joiners fee and never charged one.
They always kept the visitors ID card in reception & sometimes phoned me before returning it.
I liked the hotel & the location bang in the middle of Boys Town -they could hardly charge a fee here?

I prefer to ask Thai hotels about joiners fees in advance.
If no joiners fee, I keep a copy of the e-mail with me.
If there is a joiners fee, I decline the hotel & politely explain why. This should discourage the practice, in some cases.

This year I will try Two Guys for the first time, after reading the positive reports & calling past their cafe last year.

September 10th, 2008, 10:54
Montien in bangkok charged my friend 1100BT to bring a guest back even though he was paying 3500 a night I told him about Tantawarn

nanette
September 10th, 2008, 11:50
Grand Hotel on Walking Street Pattaya(2-minute walk from boyztown) :bounce: welcome boys or girls or those in-between without charging joiner fee.

andrewcraig
September 10th, 2008, 12:00
Montien in bangkok charged my friend 1100BT to bring a guest back even though he was paying 3500 a night I told him about Tantawarn

Montien must have changed in the last year or so, as they were violently opposed to joiners and refused to allow them to enter

TrongpaiExpat
September 10th, 2008, 12:19
The Tantawarn is fine but the original poster wanted to visit Babylon, so Vincent's, Malaysia, Pinnacle or Panthup is closer and a better value for your money in my opinion. Search threads for discussions on those hotels.

If you do prefer staying closer to Silom and want to go to Babylon go to Silom and Saldadang and take a motocy taxi, just say Babylon. If it's between 1600 and 1900 (best time weekdays for Babylon) a taxi is going to get stuck in traffic and take forever to get there. Pay him 40B, don't ask or you have to pay 50B. You can also just walk from MRT Lumpini exit 2, I think, check the map in the station. Cut through Q-House as a short cut to Sathorn soi 1. If you get tired or hot from walking stop at the parking lot on Sathorn 1 and take a moto from there 10B. If you want a moto from MRT, exit number 1, 20 B. Not exit # 2 or #3 they don't seem to want to go there.

For Pattaya, I have a preference for Jomtiem, it's just a short baht bus ride to Sunee or boystown. 10B and if your returning with a "friend" 20B. They run all night and are quite frequent.

September 11th, 2008, 02:33
Perhaps we should set up a thread as a dedicated "Blacklist" for hotels with joiners fees & eventually move it to the resources forum?

September 11th, 2008, 05:04
does anyone know if Pinnacle hotel is still joiner free? (also when booked for single!)

September 11th, 2008, 05:15
The Montien is well known for this. Many 4-5 star hotels do the same.

I was not charged a joiners fee for my partner but the Montien were inappropriately inquisitive as to why my partner was not arriving on the same flight as myself in 2002 and required that I wait in the lobby till he turned up. I haven't used them since.

I've never found a joiners fee on my bill but would be interested to know which are the 4&5 star hotels that have placed such items on posters bills as I would wish to avoid them also.

Wesley
September 11th, 2008, 07:51
The Tantawarn is fine but the original poster wanted to visit Babylon, so Vincent's, Malaysia, Pinnacle or Panthup is closer and a better value for your money in my opinion. Search threads for discussions on those hotels.

If you do prefer staying closer to Silom and want to go to Babylon go to Silom and Saldadang and take a motocy taxi, just say Babylon. If it's between 1600 and 1900 (best time weekdays for Babylon) a taxi is going to get stuck in traffic and take forever to get there. Pay him 40B, don't ask or you have to pay 50B. You can also just walk from MRT Lumpini exit 2, I think, check the map in the station. Cut through Q-House as a short cut to Sathorn soi 1. If you get tired or hot from walking stop at the parking lot on Sathorn 1 and take a moto from there 10B. If you want a moto from MRT, exit number 1, 20 B. Not exit # 2 or #3 they don't seem to want to go there.

For Pattaya, I have a preference for Jomtiem, it's just a short baht bus ride to Sunee or boystown. 10B and if your returning with a "friend" 20B. They run all night and are quite frequent.

I highly reommend the Pinncle whn in Bangkok, for the difference in value the best Venu's can be reached from there will minimal Taxi service and you can walk to Babylon. They are no doublt clean cheap and a class hotel for the average traveler. I recommend it to any one who wants to be in the center of everything.

Wes

netrix
February 19th, 2009, 18:00
Don't worry about being close to Babylon. I recommend you stay closer to where you'll be
spending most of your time. In BKK, with the skytrain, taxis, and tuk tuks, you're never
too far from anywhere. In Pattaya, Boyztown is walking distance to Sunee but only 3 or 4
minutes on a motorcycle taxi, or go to Jomtien on a baht bus in just 10 min.
Transportation is dirt cheap in Thailand and easy to find.

In Bangkok I've stayed at:

Marriott Sukhumvit (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkkdt-jw-marriott-hotel-bangkok/)
Westin Sukhumvit (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1446)
Le Fenix (http://www.lefenix-sukhumvit.com/)
...and a couple other hotels in the same area.

If you choose a hotel close to the SkyTrain (http://www.bts.co.th/en/index.asp) then its easy and fast to go
almost anywhere in Bangkok in a few minutes. Use THIS INTERACTIVE MAP (http://www.yellow.co.th/Bangkok/BangkokMaps.php?mode=citymap) to get a good
idea of where everything is in Bangkok.

In Pattaya I've stayed at:

Marriott Pattaya (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pyxmc-pattaya-marriott-resort-and-spa/) (stayed there quite a few times. very nice and very close to Boyztown.)
Tim Boutique Hotel (http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/tim_boutique_hotel.html)
Sansuk Guesthouse (http://www.sansukpattaya.com/) (great sauna, but guestrooms have lousy beds)
Baan Dok Mai (http://www.baandm.com)

AND... I've never paid a joiner fee at any of those hotels!
Here's a fun, Interactive Photo Guide (http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com) to most of Pattaya.

Have a blast!