PDA

View Full Version : Over Night Offs -What tip?

September 9th, 2008, 02:01
Here's the "long time" OVERNIGHT rent boy tip poll.

piston10
September 9th, 2008, 06:05
Can't do overnights, I'm afraid. I snore badly ('sing' the boys call it). Gives me a terrible night, waking up every 20 minutes to check that I'm NOT snoring. Oh, and on waking up in the morning I sneeze for about 10 minutes. Best for me to enjoy and wave goodbye! If I DID keep a guy overnight, I'd give him what he deserved - about 8,000 to 10,000 baht.

lo-so
September 9th, 2008, 06:46
Perhaps it might also depend on whether the customer is a short time holiday maker that is so utterly randy that they will pay pretty much whatever they have saved up for their occasional excursions or those who are resident and are laughing at the amounts that some are throwing away.

For those who are reading this from afar do not think that the expectations of the boys have risen so significantly to demand the prices that some claim that they provide. Having lived here for five years I think I have "gone native" and think of prices in Baht and not Dollars, Euro or Sterling.

So long as you are not mean financially (KEE NEOW) you will be fine.

September 9th, 2008, 07:12
Perhaps it might also depend on whether the customer is a short time holiday maker that is so utterly randy that they will pay pretty much whatever they have saved up for their occasional excursions or those who are resident and are laughing at the amounts that some are throwing away.

For those who are reading this from afar do not think that the expectations of the boys have risen so significantly to demand the prices that some claim that they provide. Having lived here for five years I think I have "gone native" and think of prices in Baht and not Dollars, Euro or Sterling.

So long as you are not mean financially (KEE NEOW) you will be fine.

Alternatively it might depend on whether the customer is a long-term resident who is so decrepit that they basically can't even manage "short-time" nookie never mind long-time - at least not without the assistance of copious amounts of sildenafil citrate (they'd be too cheap to buy the branded version). Hence these people are not so "utterly randy" as the tourists who can actually get it up without the assistance of chemicals, so they give smaller tips.

Another explanation could be that long-term exposure to the sun may have fried the brains of some residents - with a resultant insane belief that they are still living in the 1940's and they therefore tip accordingly!

The fried brain effect could also explain why people like Lo So are apparently going about Pattaya "laughing" for no reason (this phenomenon is also known as hysteria)

Not that I would dream of generalising in the way the Lo So does!

Tee Hee

lo-so
September 9th, 2008, 07:41
Scottish Guy- generalising me surely shome mistake!! [priv eye?]

I live and work in BKK although also enjoy the debauchery of Pattaya when I have the opportunity finally - calm down and enjoy another dram.

September 9th, 2008, 07:57
Periodically (ie. when I've been on a visa run and get back horny) I'll get a boy or two from the Little Black Book to pop around for a drink and some sodomy before dinner, and then perhaps take up The White Man's Burden and off another boy (or two) after dinner from the bars, but I'm definitely not an overnight person. After all, I don't pay them for the sex - it's to make sure they go away afterwards

Wesley
September 9th, 2008, 08:16
I am in the most popular barcket , but they get a free breakfast if they like farang food or if I can find a place that does both and usually I can. So, thats another 200 baht depending of course, on what you order and where. I like the British place where I can look at the beach while eating.

Also, often I will say up too you when the sex is over , if it is really late and he is too tired to make the treck home, I don't mind a cuddle until morning. I am not a morning guy for sex but can hang as long as they are not in the mood to have anal sex.

Wes

September 9th, 2008, 09:07
Less than 2000 Bhat not fair guys. Let us be humane

September 9th, 2008, 09:23
Less than 2000 Bhat not fair guys. Let us be humaneYou seem to have this bizarre notion that prices should be set by something other than the marketplace - a sentimental old fool, perhaps?

adman5000
September 9th, 2008, 11:26
I only allow overnights for a few boys I know well. For them there is no extra because it is their preference. They know normally I do not do overnights because I like my sleep. They know they will also have a good sleep, a quiet room, a comfortable bed, a hot shower, and a good breakfast. For them, this is a better alternative than returning to their room.

September 9th, 2008, 11:31
The market place dictates 2000 Bhat Homintern, unless we are talking about street and/or beach pick-ups. You pay peanuts you get monkeys ....... I am sure Pappa would have told you this story when you were growing up

September 9th, 2008, 12:28
I am sure Pappa would have told you this story when you were growing upNo, my father had a complete disdain for cliches. Besides, logic suggests that "the market sets the prices" and "pay peanuts, get monkeys" are actually contradictory statements

Patexpat
September 9th, 2008, 12:41
The market place dictates 2000 Bhat

based on this survey its obvious to me that the marketplace does not dictate B2,000 ???

globalwanderer
September 9th, 2008, 14:01
The market place definitely does not dictate 2,000 Baht.

September 9th, 2008, 15:20
The market place dictates 2000 Bhat

based on this survey its obvious to me that the marketplace does not dictate B2,000 ???

That assumes you accept that the posters are a representative sample of "clients"

September 9th, 2008, 15:52
That assumes you accept that the posters are a representative sample of "clients"Certainly they are not - our posters are the creme de la creme of johns

September 9th, 2008, 16:02
Since almost everybody thinks that they're talking about a 'market place' in which people are doing their job: The going daily minimum salary is THB 180 for Chonburi province and THB 220 for Bangkok and area. Since night work means overtime which pays 2 times, it's about THB 360 - THB 440.

People who are paying more than THB 1,500 for a simple sleepover should consider themselves absolute lunatic.

September 9th, 2008, 16:12
Since almost everybody thinks that they're talking about a 'market place' in which people are doing their job: The going daily minimum salary is THB 180 for Chonburi province and THB 220 for Bangkok and area. Since night work means overtime which pays 2 times, it's about THB 360 - THB 440. People who are paying more than THB 1,500 for a simple sleepover should consider themselves absolute lunatic.The "marketplace" is the marketplace for hookers, not daily labourers

Patexpat
September 9th, 2008, 16:16
quote: "The "marketplace" is the marketplace for hookers, not daily labourers"

and the difference is ???

Dodger
September 9th, 2008, 18:13
Quote:

People who are paying more than THB 1,500 for a simple sleepover should consider themselves absolute lunatic.

I agree that 1,500 bt is a fare payment for a simple sleepover, but what about those "not so simple" ones?

September 9th, 2008, 18:47
Quote:

I agree that 1,500 bt is a fare payment for a simple sleepover, but what about those "not so simple" ones?

"You're paying for their time", is the common refrain.

September 9th, 2008, 21:55
I only allow overnights for a few boys I know well. For them there is no extra because it is their preference. They know normally I do not do overnights because I like my sleep. They know they will also have a good sleep, a quiet room, a comfortable bed, a hot shower, and a good breakfast. For them, this is a better alternative than returning to their room.

This just occurred to me.

First, the "normal barboy routine" is to wait for their bar to close and then go out drinking together -- until dawn. The ones expected to pay are, of course, the ones who have gone off. And there, in a nutshell, is "why barboys can't save any of their earnings." (I have known ONE exception, Mr. Diamond, whose position in the status hierarchy is so secure that he can simply decline.)

Other boys, typically, drink until dawn, stagger home, and awake in the early evening. Sometimes you can even see a boy at 10 PM who is still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, and who forgot to comb his hair!

So, given this, another advantage of the "overnight off" would be that the boy would avoid his rapacious crowd of "friends" that night. He might have a problem the next night -- but not if he doesn't show up for work.

Of course, the exact same logic would apply if the guy took his short-time fee and WENT HOME, as long as he was not sharing a "loom" with his colleagues. The ideal might be a small house rented by three guys who were all good friends but worked for different bars.

And, now that I mention that, I know that house!!!

September 10th, 2008, 01:25
Why must we be obsessed with the 'going rate'.
Why not take Bt1500 as the average payment and then
tip accordingly? A bit more if an enjoyable experience, less if not.

giggsy
September 10th, 2008, 01:50
Why must we be obsessed with the 'going rate'.
Why not take Bt1500 as the average payment and then
tip accordingly? A bit more if an enjoyable experience, less if not.

my average is about 9 inches and some of them are enjoying it a bit too much, do you think i should cut their "tip" down?

September 10th, 2008, 07:10
Can someone please define what is market ....... so some of our friends can understand better

nanette
September 10th, 2008, 08:14
In my opinion B1500 is quite alright for a satisfactory single-round bout, followed by sleep, breakfast and a goodbye kiss in the morning. But if you have had multiple sessions during the 12-hour period you might want want to compensate the boy for his energy and enthusiasm. Taxi money will do nicely, thank you.:cherry:

September 10th, 2008, 08:26
Can someone please define what is market ....... so some of our friends can understand better

Google and the internet are amazing sources of information, hey?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_price (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_price)

September 10th, 2008, 08:36
Very helpful Joe

giggsy
September 10th, 2008, 08:48
helpful- i couldn't understand a word of it! i'll see if i can explain it in laymans terms- a market is a place you go to to see thing that you might or might not want to purchase. after you have purchased many "items" you realise you have spent all your money and not really got anything in return and the only thing you can do then is return to your hotel room and throw yourself off the balcony- this also explains a " market crash",it happens quite a lot in pattaya. see local press for details.

Beachlover
September 10th, 2008, 10:17
Ahhh, there's nothing like sex in the morning... waking up with a stiff throbbing shaft and having a warm sexy body beside you to gently hump.

or waking up to the sensation of someone gently caressing your intimate bits...

September 10th, 2008, 11:40
The market place definitely does not dictate 2,000 Baht.
I have never paid 2000bt. and hopefully it will be a long time before I have to, the way the Aussie dollar is going but I must say if someone takes a boy and demands an all night multiple sex session then more than a thousand would be expected but if it's just once and the boy decides to stay for whatever reason then it's a thousand and I've never had a problem. There are still Farangs that are on 700-800bt. tips