PDA

View Full Version : Two university students shot in BKK

thrillbill
September 4th, 2008, 23:06
Two university students in BKK on the way to the government area were shot (see The Nation Newspaper Websight). Any more scoop on this awful event?

September 4th, 2008, 23:56
Two university students in BKK on the way to the government area were shot (see The Nation Newspaper Websight). Any more scoop on this awful event?

Oh my God! I hope they weren't cute!

September 4th, 2008, 23:57
Two university students shot as they march to PM's residence

Two men on a motorcycle shot two Ramkamhaeng University students who joined a march to Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej's residence on Bungkhum district on Thursday night, police said.

The injured were identified as Anusak Sieng-oon and Apichart Polrit, both 22. Anusak was shot as left leg while Apichart at left arm. Witnesses said the motorcycle had Nakhon Sawan licence plate.

The injured and 100 other students of Ramkamhaeng University were marching to residence of prime minister in Soi Nawamin 81.

They were passing Klongchan flat when the attack took place.

Lardprao police chief Pol Col Somsak Bunsaeng said two men on a motorcycle shot the students

The students started the march at about 8.30pm to the PM's residence to protest his government.

The shooting happened although police have provided safety along the way.

the nation

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 5th, 2008, 10:15
Just as I said-university students. The protestors are the sons and daughters of the middle and upper classes and represent the old guard of powerful families who have lost their rule..to a government-half of who should be in the clink.

Doesn't mean they should be shot though.

September 5th, 2008, 10:21
Lunch, they are Ram students. Any rich and powerful type would send their kids somewhere more prestigious (note that I don't say 'better').

I guess that explains why Thaksin sent his son there.

September 5th, 2008, 10:31
Ok, I did not know that. Maybe the lad couldn't qualify for any where else.

"Qualifications" mean nothing when you have a ton of money.

September 5th, 2008, 12:00
These people are getting paid to do demo's and marching. Therefore if the Students had not been there it would not have happened.
Many people inside the Government House are getting paid by the PAD 500 Bt per day to stay there. Buses are paid for etc etc. Food is free.
The leaders on the stage at Government House remind me of speakers at an Amway brain washing meeting. I sure you understand what I mean and it's being allowed to go on too long.

September 5th, 2008, 12:16
Samak himself is as old guard as they come. Coming from a family with a long history of being royal courtiers.

September 5th, 2008, 12:42
There's no suggestion that the students were being paid. Students came out in full force against Thaksin, well most were anti. Their solidarity was expected.

More like the "assassins" were being paid for scare tactics.

September 5th, 2008, 13:57
The tactics have recently changed to involve young children and students. The students are being given scripts to read out to the audience.
Does this mean that the old ladies that you saw so many of before are getting tired of it all.
Looking at the ASTV broadcasts the numbers are dwindling so they have to resort to the kids to get more bodies.
All these people being paid to attend makes it double standards when the PAD are bitching about vote buying by the PPP, which they were all at anyway !

September 5th, 2008, 15:23
The leaders on the stage at Government House remind me of speakers at an Amway brain washing meeting.We will bow to your personal expertise on that one

September 5th, 2008, 15:35
Would the board show as much interest if the article had said "two middle aged men shot" instead of students? All shootings or violence are bad no matter the age!

September 5th, 2008, 15:58
Would the board show as much interest if the article had said "two middle aged men shot" instead of students? All shootings or violence are bad no matter the age!Good question - perhaps you could start a poll?

September 5th, 2008, 17:05
Good question - perhaps you could start a poll?

Better things to do homintern, I'll leave that up to you :bom:

Brad the Impala
September 5th, 2008, 17:37
Many people inside the Government House are getting paid by the PAD 500 Bt per day to stay there.

What is your souce for this?