PDA

View Full Version : Trundling back to Thailand ...

Smiles
September 4th, 2008, 08:20
Next week I'm outta here.

The Canadian winter started the other day with the early frost on the tomato vines (but heated up later, as always at this time of year), a special sign to me to get moving.
Thailand and the Beloved beckon back to Hua Hin and our little condo close to the ocean, his high season tourguide/taxi/song taoew business, my deserved laziness (my opinion) under the umbrellas on the lovely and often unspoilt beaches along the Gulf of Thailand coast from Hua Hin down through Chumphon.

I've finished up my not-unimportant business and my short term goals here in my Canadian home and itching to arrive in my Thailand home, shared happily with the old man and the geckos ... who leave their little calling cards every morning on awakening. Love life in the tropics with gecko shit.

I leave this little photo album for those interested in the last year (i.e. November 2007 ~ May 2008) of our journey, and happily, I will have a chance to add to it with a new one next summer. This one encompases a few of the great times we had in that stay . . . with side trips we took alone together; 4-day carousings in Bangkok; visits to Hua Hin by 4 or 5 friends and members of Sawatdee; some good work on both our parts attempting to add cement and texture to what is turning out to be a quite wonderful and satisfying relationship with a Thai man.
Things worked out ~ with the occasional bump ~ very well. More of the same please!

I hope you can enjoy: http://picasaweb.google.ca/dnl7748

Cheers ...

Bob
September 4th, 2008, 09:11
Yep, enjoyed. And I'm looking forward in a month's time to wandering the pier at 6AM, a little Singha beer,
catching a smile from Khun Pot (he can catch Smiles later...), grabbing a little ice cream on rare occasion
at that ice cream shop up on what's-its-name street, sauntering past the Sofitel with the
"I'm-too-good-to-stay-in-this-dump" attitude written all over me ( :clown: ) while I'm really honing in
on getting a sleazy massage around the corner, watching Khun Dog rule his strip of beach, avoiding
stepping in horse poo on the beach, etc., etc.

Ah, Hua Hin beckons me....

September 4th, 2008, 09:20
Great pics. Hope all is well with father.

Michael
September 4th, 2008, 16:23
Thanks Smiles, I enjoyed the pics.
I'm tempted to pay a visit in December.

September 4th, 2008, 17:18
Super pics Smiles. Hua Hin is on the next trips itinerary.

September 6th, 2008, 13:15
A song for mature couples.
My BF is not quite up to it yet but maybe you'll appreciate this...

(A 22 year old doesn't stay a 22 year old I keep telling myself)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAOu4XGg_hs&feature=PlayList&p=5C604613C32A2A8E&index=104

September 7th, 2008, 19:20
the last year (i.e. November 2007 ~ May 2008) of our journey

Time really flies for some!