PDA

View Full Version : Airport to Pattaya

joba
August 31st, 2008, 05:41
A quick assist from the frequent visitors....

I will arrive at the new airport in a couple weeks and was wondering the best CAR service to Pattaya. I have not reserved through Image or anyone.....and, always concerned about reliability, ripoff, etc.

What or where is the best place at the airport to hire a reliable driver?

Thanks.

ceejay
August 31st, 2008, 07:44
Personally I would always book a pick up in advance of flying. It's more expensive - you don't say where you are flying in from, but after a twelve hour flight I really don't want any hassle at all. Someone to put my bags in the back of a car and take me to where I want to go is well worth the extra to me.

You can often book an airport transfer through your guesthouse or hotel. I have also used Oriental Escape for a pick up once (last year). The car was decent, they turned up on time and the price (1750) is reasonable for a pickup, as opposed to getting a taxi off the rank.

http://www.orientalescape.com/thailand/ ... ttaya.html (http://www.orientalescape.com/thailand/transfer/pattaya.html)

A story for the amusement of the board:

When I was picked up from Suvarnabhumi last year the Oriental Escape driver was a woman (a fact not especially relevant to the story). She took me through to where the car was parked, and then she turned round and gave me a "look".

"You come from London?" she asked

"Yes, I have just come from London"

"You English then?"

"Yes, I am English"

"Why you not fat then?" :cheese:

(Incidentally, she was a lovely lady. I was making a connection to a sleeper train at Hualumphong station and she took my ticket, found the train and made sure I was safely on it before leaving)

August 31st, 2008, 08:58
From the airport to Pattaya I always get a TOT car from inside the Arrivals Hall, before you go outside. The stand has a yellow headline and is the only one near the doors. They will show you photos of four cars. It is a trick (This Is thailand, after all). The most expensive one is the first one. The least expensive one last time I used them is the third one. Always say "Not expensive". Apart from that it's very easy and you don't have to worry about finding your driver outside., From Pattaya to the airport I use the Ambiance hotel service if I'm staying there.

bing
August 31st, 2008, 09:37
There are several options for getting to Pattaya. If you are arriving late, you might stay for a day or two in Bangkok. I have found the hotel you are staying at will be happy to arrange transportation for you. Personally, after a 14 hour hop to Korea and then another 4 or 5 to Bangkok, I don't want to fight over taxi that may or may not try to rip me off. The hotel option will cost a bit more than one you arrange by yourself. But the hotel taxi will know where your hotel is located and get you there with the least hassle. No matter when you are arriving, it is a good idea to call or email a week before just to check that all is set for your reservation and taxi. Enjoy your trip.

August 31st, 2008, 12:29
Joba,

As no one has answered your question yet, I will:

Can you find a reliable driver at the airport (I assume you want a driver with a car)?

Bangkok Airport (Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi) has always had a taxi mafia as well as the authorised limos. I suppose the authorised limos have reliable drivers (Dic: that may be relied on; dependable in achievement, accuracy, honesty, etc.). So in answer to your question YES.

Reliability is very important, but can you find a Safe driver at the Airport? (Please note that Thailand has one of the worst record for road deaths in the World), or one that can surely take you to your destination without asking for directions?

Safety does not seem to be taken seriously by any of the limos companies (except Image), never mind the taxi mafia. As for taking you to the right place - how do you fancy taking a tour of Pattaya before your reliable driver finds your hotel?

The answer is really simple!

lonelywombat
August 31st, 2008, 14:50
A quick assist from the frequent visitors....

I will arrive at the new airport in a couple weeks and was wondering the best CAR service to Pattaya. I have not reserved through Image or anyone.....and, always concerned about reliability, ripoff, etc.

What or where is the best place at the airport to hire a reliable driver?

Thanks.

Image is quite expensive compared to most of the better services which range about 1,500 baht. I find it very comforting to walk out of customs and see a board with my name on. I can sleep knowing the driver is safe and knows where I am going

I have recently booked my cars through Stewart the owner of Twoguys, he knows I like plenty of room and usually arranges a Volvo Never a problem

stewart@twoguysguesthouse.com

http://www.twoguysguesthouse.com/

August 31st, 2008, 19:31
I highly recommend Rita. I rented a car from her last time at an excellent rate. I used her taxi service to go to airport and her husband drove carefully and well, using the Honda CRV. Website:
http://www.ritapattayacarrent.com/index ... =538652339 (http://www.ritapattayacarrent.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=538652339)

August 31st, 2008, 22:11
Why do you need a Taxi when you can just as easy go to Basement level gate 7 ask for bell transport for 150 baht

Brad the Impala
August 31st, 2008, 22:27
Sometimes this route seems like the most discussed journey in history. Forget the "Road to Damascus", Airport to Pattaya seems almost almost mastubatory at times.

TrongpaiExpat
September 1st, 2008, 00:42
Sometimes this route seems like the most discussed journey in history. Forget the "Road to Damascus", Airport to Pattaya seems almost almost mastubatory at times.

I always use a camel to get there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpbLJvdXFww

pronto
September 1st, 2008, 01:55
Why do you need a Taxi when you can just as easy go to Basement level gate 7 ask for bell transport for 150 baht

And neither should you "waste" your money. I, too, recommend Bell Transport. Good quality service for a modest price.

joe552
September 1st, 2008, 02:53
I've been recommended Mr. T taxi service (based in Pattaya) and will be using them in 3 weeks. 1000bt all included. This is the cheapest I've ever paid for the trip. If I knew how, I would post a link - go to Thaivisa.com and look at the same thread for email details.