> August 29, 2008
>
> This warden message is being issued to alert U.S. Citizens
> traveling to
> and residing in Thailand of demonstrations by the
> People's Alliance for
> Democracy (PAD) throughout Thailand, their effect on
> airports in Phuket,
> Hat Yai, and Krabi, and on the Thai railway system.
>
> The situation around the Government House appears to be
> deteriorating as
> of late August 29, with the police unable to control PAD
> demonstrators
> pushing out of the Government House compound. Very small
> numbers of
> protesters have attempted to use violence to impede RTP
> progress into
> the Government House compound, though the majority of
> protesters are
> employing civil disobedience tactics by sitting or laying
> down and have
> discouraged the use of violence by their activists.
>
> The RTP continues to block all vehicular access in the area
> of the
> Government House. The area near Makawan Rangsan Bridge,
> Chamaimuruchet
> Bridge, Government House, the Ministry of Transportation,
> the Ministry
> of Agriculture and Co-operation located on Rajdamnern Road
> should be
> avoided. Major traffic delays are expected in areas
> surrounding
> Rajdamnern Road including the following: Sriyudhaya Road,
> Pitsanuloke
> Road, and Rajvithi Road. Vipawadee Ransit Road inbound is
> also blocked
> by the protesters in front of NBT.
>
> PAD leaders have asked their protesters to continue their
> efforts until
> Sunday and have called for supporters to block provincial
> airports in
> Thailand, but not airports in Bangkok. PAD demonstrators
> have already
> blocked the entrance of at least three airports in the
> south, Phuket
> International Airport, Hat Yai Airport, and Krabi
> Airport. Thai Airways
> and Air Asia have cancelled all flights to and from Krabi
> Airport. At
> other airports, passengers have to walk through the
> demonstrators to get
> to the front entrance or follow airport officials'
> instructions to
> alternative entrances because the airport is trying to
> prevent the
> demonstrators from entering the airport. At the present
> time, Phuket
> International Airport and Hat Yai Airport are confirmed to
> be open and
> operating. Passengers are advised to confirm their
> flight, check with
> the airport authorities, and give themselves extra time to
> deal with
> possible delays. The list of airports that are affected
> by the
> demonstrations may continue to grow.
>
> Phuket International Airport Call Center: 076-351-111
> Hat Yai Airport Call Center: 074-227-000
> Krabi Airport Call Center: 075-636-541
>
> News reports also indicate that railway workers have
> stopped most trains
> nationwide in sympathy with PAD protesters.
>
> We wish to remind American citizens that even
> demonstrations intended to
> be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate
> into
> violence. American citizens are therefore urged to avoid
> the areas of
> demonstrations if possible, and to exercise caution if
> within the
> vicinity of any demonstrations.
>
> For the latest security information, Americans living and
> traveling
> abroad should regularly monitor the Department's Bureau
> of Consular
> Affairs Internet web site at http://travel.state.gov, where
> the current
> Worldwide Caution, Travel Alerts, Travel Warnings, and
> health-information resources can be found. Up-to-date
> information on
> security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747
> toll free in the
> U.S. and Canada or, for callers in other areas by calling a
> regular toll
> line at 1-202-501-4444 . These numbers are available
> from 8:00 a.m. to
> 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S.
> federal
> holidays).
>
> American citizens traveling or residing in Thailand are
> encouraged to
> register with the Department of State or the U.S.
> Embassy. The Embassy
> is located at 95 Wireless Road in Bangkok. The American
> Citizen
> Services Unit of the U.S. Embassy can be reached by calling
> 66-2-205-4049 and by e-mail at ACSBKK@State.gov. The
> after hours
> emergency telephone number is 66-2-205-4000.

August 30th, 2008, 13:43
American citizens traveling or residing in Thailand are encouraged to ... ... leave

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 30th, 2008, 19:57
American citizens traveling or residing in Thailand are encouraged to ...

....remember that it's Michael Jackson's birthday. ( and mine)

globalwanderer
August 30th, 2008, 21:59
nothing in the US advice that would not occur to the average sensible person. Oh i forgot it's from the imperialist state of GW

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 31st, 2008, 00:48
Twins?

yes-we do actually look alike at this stage ( with a little help from our doctors)-but more alarming for Michael-the age difference should give him a frightening insight into what the future holds for him.

August 31st, 2008, 06:31
yes-we do actually look alike at this stage ( with a little help from our doctors)-but more alarming for Michael-the age difference should give him a frightening insight into what the future holds for him.I've always assumed Michael was attempting to look like his great friend Elizabeth Taylor (the slimmer version)

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 31st, 2008, 20:35
yes-we do actually look alike at this stage ( with a little help from our doctors)-but more alarming for Michael-the age difference should give him a frightening insight into what the future holds for him.I've always assumed Michael was attempting to look like his great friend Elizabeth Taylor (the slimmer version)

exactly dear..and that's what I see when I look in the mirror. Think "Who's afraid of Viginnia Woolf" 40 years on.

August 31st, 2008, 21:58
Interesting.

September 1st, 2008, 01:49
As it is titled FYI.......another titbit. Dear ****** was taken to the police station at Jomtien by a well known person for non payment of a hotel bill.
Has 30 days to pay the outstanding amount...apparently 17000 baht ( she paid a down payment of 5000)!!! Thats life in Thailand....maybe Lunchtime will keep us up to date!!

{***** as much as we love our EX posters.
I don't want a flame war started by using a banned name.
Use her current one if you know it- :) jinks}

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 1st, 2008, 12:51
yes I know all about it Sanooook and it's just another example of the man keeping his word eventually-as he promised he would and as I predicted knowing he is a person of great integrity.

As my old Granny ( the insane Russian/Polish one) used to say " keep your friends close and your debtors even closer"

If the worst you can say about someone is that they are temorarily embarrassed for funds-it isn't much really. Afterall, many others choose the other way out-over the balcony. This way everyone is happy in the end ! :thumbright:

catawampuscat
September 1st, 2008, 16:43
thank jinks for stopping the inevitable flame war which sanook tried to ignite.
It might seem appropriate to some that he hijacked this thread as this poster
had a past history with warning about lending money to friendly farangs etc.
but of course it has nothing to do with a warning from the US government about
airport closing etal. in Thailand.
I have already received several advisos concerning the incident and had my
chuckle but will refrain from adding to or stirring the shit pot.. Oh, what a good boy, am I. :cat:

September 1st, 2008, 19:43
as much as we love our EX posters.
Use her current one if you know it

http://findmeazombie.com/Pages/Shoulda%20been%20a%20zombie/Images/Kim%20jong%20il.jpg

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 1st, 2008, 20:06
as much as we love our EX posters.
Use her current one if you know it

http://findmeazombie.com/Pages/Shoulda%20been%20a%20zombie/Images/Kim%20jong%20il.jpg

not a good likeness but the pic does well describe the nature of the former inn keeper and failed cafe owner (of a dozen different names ) when she is crossed. Many are fooled by that genial manner over bacon and eggs but be warned-fail to pay the tab and the creature is straight down to the nearest police station or imigration office making out reports. Some might think there is a more diplomatic way of handling these things-especially in a town where your reputation relies on recomendations. :cussing:

September 2nd, 2008, 03:06
Lunchtime,
Well he has 30 days to see what he is worth. Or the document he signed goes to the next stage.
Why try to do a runner into one of the beach condos with the other party chasing him!!! Obviously an honourable man.!!! And Cat get off the bandwagon of holier than thou, take the news for what it is worth, as Lunchtime must do in his employment .

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 2nd, 2008, 07:39
Lunchtime,
Well he has 30 days to see what he is worth. Or the document he signed goes to the next stage.
Why try to do a runner into one of the beach condos with the other party chasing him!!! Obviously an honourable man.!!! And Cat get off the bandwagon of holier than thou, take the news for what it is worth, as Lunchtime must do in his employment .

oh dear-I fear Sanoook is one of dwindling pals of the drunken old sot lurching to bankruptcy. Careful dear..not all is as it seems on the other side and when one dabbles with authorities they should ensure their own documents are always in order. You would do best to not stir any perceived hornet's nests over such triffling matters..what goes around comes around in this life and often in LOS-faster than one would wish. :blackeye:

resist the urge to make a mountain out of a molehill as you may recall another local who moralised and was nightly making similar claims with indignent outrage and spreading mindless gossip about a few baht owed suddenly uped and vanished from town faster than a speading bullet with the BIB fast on his tail.

the one thing I have learnt in this life is that those who point the finger and shout the loudest ( and over a silly matter) usually are hiding something far worse about themselves. :cyclopsani:

catawampuscat
September 2nd, 2008, 09:29
sanoook is obviously an oldtimer on this forum and it is always disingenuous
for newbies to pretend to be newbies but behave like veterans.

This ancient battle between these two men is of little interest to the vast majority
on this forum and has been debated and argued over ad infinitum/ ad nauseum.

Since the accused scalawag no longer posts here or anywhere else, I think it is
time to let the hatreds go, mind our own collective business and move on. I posted
positive gossip/news about debt repayments and satisfied debtors in a thread called
"horns of a dilemna" or something very similar and the point was enough already.

holier than thou, perhaps, but maybe it is time to grow up and stop kicking a dead horse.
Of course, I was never a victim, except of a mulititude of Thai guys borrowing but
never grasping the concept of repaying loans.
Never lend your new best friends money and you won't have any problems and the same goes for the Thai guys but at least you get something back in return usually.
Enough said in my humble opinion... :cat:

Smiles
September 2nd, 2008, 10:33
" ... This ancient battle between these two men is of little interest to the vast majority ... "
Call me naive, but exactly who are we talking about here? Should be no problem giving up the Board handles of these two dudes.

Cheers ...

September 2nd, 2008, 12:15
Cat
Your thread title is entitled "FYI". Thats exactly what I did ,give info!! There was no point in starting a new thread becasue the item was not that interesting
As far as you knowing me to be an old veteran, then nothing and I mean nothing could be farther from the truth( Is this maybe a start of your old phobia coming on with me this time). Since your start of antidepressives( I assume thats what you are now taking to get you to this holier than thou level) then maybe you should up the dose.
Some of your answers and thread creations, level on creative boredom and the plea "please Mr Moderator he has hijacked my thread" is to say the least, childlike.
Why not for once when an item like this comes up just simply put a zip on your mouth and fingers. Then and only then would I admire your tenacity for trying.

Lunchtime
Words of wisdom come flowing out of those fingers and yes I fully agree,"what goes around comes around" as this incident might prove. Keep those items flowing as I am sure you know, newspaper sales are going down at a fast rate of knots.

Lunchtime O'Booze
September 2nd, 2008, 14:02
" ... This ancient battle between these two men is of little interest to the vast majority ... "
Call me naive, but exactly who are we talking about here? Should be no problem giving up the Board handles of these two dudes.

Cheers ...

OK..you are naive (but I doubt it)..it's merely a battle that raged for months on here and elswhere as a financial arrangement made between a vocal poster on here-temporarily deprived of funds due to a business calamity ( now happily resolved in his favour) whereby accomodation was provided with a promise to pay at a future date.

Said inn owner presented a bill ,which I have seen-that included a variety of charges for electricity and utilitites-which I in all my travels have never seen from a hotel, inn etc-from a condo-yes. This resulted in a questioning of said bill and why it hadn't been pointed out before that utilities were not included and the odd fact that not one other person accomodated similarly had ever received likewise.

Now that exact same amount-as presented on the beach by the former inn-keeper, ( who, as reliably relayed to me by others who were there -was firmly in the grip of the grape) had miraculously transformed into an exact same amount for "food & drinks" with no mention of utilities..such is the eccentricty of this chap who seemingly morphs his current businesses into a new one every 6 months or so ( why ?..who knows but that's his business). An agreement was reached for a deposit to be paid with copies of bills to be compared at a later date..with neither party "fleeing" as alleged-which would be odd as I accompanied one party just 2 months ago to see the former inn-keeper who merely wants some money ( although has a decidely un-diplomatic way of collecting it)...no-one needs to flee anywhere.

( except of course another vocal business owner who also sided with said inn-keeper in a moralising rampage against the other party..whereby it seems the greatest offence being claimed that money was borrowed...now this is the part that rang alarm bells for me as indicated that obviously some people have never been in business or they would know that borrowing money is a necessity..particulalry as that particualr business owner had fled his hometown over a misunderstanding with several credit card companies...but as he sensibly vanished from Pattaya one day over an unfortunate incident with an underaged youth...I repeat my claim that those in glass houses should not throw stones..and most especially in Thailand as those stones quickly turn to boomerangs !)

there ..it should be clear to you now...oh sorry YOU WANTED NAMES !!..sorry no names no pack drill..you have to uncover more yourself !!

pip pip !

catawampuscat
September 2nd, 2008, 18:02
[quote="Sanooook"]Then and only then would I admire your tenacity for trying.

The last thing I want in this world is the admiration of a troll. I will respond once and
couldn't care less what further sicko fantasies, this troll weaves out, in his web of lies but
I will make one attempt, which I know is like spitting into a hurricane and useless.

1- FYI... total bullshit spinning the tread title into a gossipy attempt to stir the shit.
The topic of the thread was obvious to one and all and only a totally fucked up shit stirrer
could possibly think that such a lame excuse would mean anything to anybody.

2- old phobias.. your expertise in sociopathic behavior is no doubt extensive but this
is just more shit stirring garbage..

3-anti-depressives.. more lies and bullshit and a weak attempt to stir more shit..

4-creative etal.. your have the right to your own opinion and the right to ignore this poster whom you have taken an unusual interest in for a newbie (more bullshit of course)..
I have no regard for your critcisms of my creative threads/responses and it is obvious
that you don't like this poster and have your own agenda of hate and cowardice. Very
queer for a newbie but of course the truth is a stranger to shit stirrers.

5-admiring my tenacity.. the last thing I want is your admiration and hope you choke
on your shit stirring stick.

That is all and I know I will regret feeding the troll but fuck it, sometimes you need to
flush the shit away even if you have to endure the smell of sanoook.. Now on IGNORE.. :cat:

September 2nd, 2008, 18:53
Oh dear I have upset Cat...sorry to the other readers.. Obviously his "Enough said in my humble opinion" was not enough!!! The ironical part is he wont read this, or maybe he will!! They cant resist. The silly part is I actually know the real him and he is quite a nice person:bounce: :bounce: :flower:

Goodness I hope that he doesnt think I am that other awful creature replying.

September 2nd, 2008, 23:23
Sanooook
New member......................Why dont you come up with an original name so as not to confuse with my posting name or is that your intention?.........Jinks please note.......

jinks
September 3rd, 2008, 01:23
Sanooook
.........Jinks please note.......

Noted and gone away .... NB... small j PLEASE :)

September 3rd, 2008, 04:14
You do enjoy insulting other posters. Never mind, you can't help your personality problems.

You have made two posts on this site, both abusing me. If you think you have some beef with me, please PM me and we can discuss it. Although I doubt I'll hear from you.

You can be absolutely certain you wont hear from him fattman. Whilst posts such as this particular "Newbies" ( A rather larger number than usual of similar "newbies" around at the moment, wouldn't you agree?) are always very weird, I sincerely hope you are devoting the amount of time and concern to them that they deserve; that of course being none whatsoever.

Look on the bright side of life, things could be much worse, you could be suffering the same fate that certain other members here I know of, are having to endure and put up with, that of being stalked by a totally and insane beyond help antelope. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/whistling.gif

Choc Dee fattman,

George.

catawampuscat
September 3rd, 2008, 10:25
Interesting.. When jinks mercifully stripped sanoook of his membership, his status now
is guest and my ignore no longer works and I can see his "truthteller" style posting.
unfortunately, I do know this man and his pathetic endless efforts to be accepted.
He is on permanent ignore with the barmy army.. Now, this is childish but sometimes
it is the only way to deal with damaged goods..
:cat:

GayThailand
September 3rd, 2008, 18:20
I must say that I do get a kick out of this website from time to time. Often some very useful pieces of information can be found here if one is able to waddle thought the grime of the bitter feuds that often break out on here. As one who permanently ignores the Barny Army, I am sure that few would be sad to be on their pathetic ignore list. Pattaya is supposed to be a place where people can relax and have fun and enjoy life. Anyone that does not do that here is missing out on a fantastic opportunity. This board, and all the other ones, are here to gain information, enjoy conversation and shared interests.

When someone is so obsessed with the activity of what goes on with each post and with each poster that their enjoyment of LOS is diminished, it is time to take a break and look around and try to remember what brought you here in the first place. It is the people who are unable to find the joy in Thailand without all the bitching and bickering that are the true damaged goods.

I have yet to understand this feud war that goes on with some guys. I donтАЩt understand all the nuisances and references that they both make but I do know that they will never be happy as long as they feel such anger and hatred toward a poster on a message board. Life is too short not to enjoy each day and each moment. With such anger and hatred, how could one every find peace?

I once had a friend I put a great deal of trust in and respected tremendously. The friendship soured as we both realized what a pain in the ass the other one was. As that friendship has vanished, I assure you that I have never once regretted the conclusion of that friendship. The end of it brought me much needed peace and relaxation and I would never try to be accepted by him or anyone in the infamous Barny Army that is talked about on the boards so often. Life is too precious not to try to enjoy this place and there are those that feel the need to gossip and lie and whine and cry and then start the cycle all over again. All of that is just wasted energy and wasted space and I for one have no use or time for any of it. I moved on from my lost friendship and he is totally dead to me. That is always the easiest way to move forward. There is no need to try to hold on to something that is not healthy. Feuds on these boards are a prime example. They are not healthy. It is often best to just move on with your life and not stress out over the little things.

Since so many of you are confused as to who Sanook is, it is not I nor is any other name on this board. I say this as I was at lunch today and asked, тАЬrumor has it you are Sanook.тАЭ I thought they meant the owner of a spa but was told to read this post here. I have to laugh at the over active imagination of anyone who has time to post with so many handles. I donтАЩt have the time or the energy. Maybe those of you that have trouble keeping up with all your own handles know what I am talking about.

Smiles
September 3rd, 2008, 19:19
" ... Since so many of you are confused as to who Sanook is, it is not I nor is any other name on this board. I say this as I was at lunch today and asked, тАЬrumor has it you are Sanook.тАЭ I thought they meant the owner of a spa but was told to read this post here. I have to laugh at the over active imagination of anyone who has time to post with so many handles. I donтАЩt have the time or the energy. Maybe those of you that have trouble keeping up with all your own handles know what I am talking about ... "
Ignoring all the maudlin cliches about "leading-a-happy-life-in-Pattaya" there is one small point in GayThailand's post that should be noted and then put to rest.

He refers in the quote above to a poster named 'Sanook'. This member is a reasonable and decent poster who's handle was in effect 'taken over' by a new member named 'Sanoook' (3 'o's, not 2). It is this second 'Sanoook' who posted on Sawatdee about feuds, childish crap and Pattaya nonsense between 2 guys who are apparently certified members of the Balmy Army (i.e. the ones who GayThailand ignores :blackeye: ). Apparently this 3-'o' Sanoook handle has now been deleted from the board.

Our 2-'o' member 'Sanook' is completely innocent in this little passion play, and that deserves to be known, and perhaps an apology given by the always-happy Mr Gaythailand. The difference between 'Sanoook' and 'Sanook' was noted in this thread (by 'Sanook' himself), but GayThailand either tripped (happily) over it, or countered his 'o's incorectly.

Cheers ...

September 3rd, 2008, 19:34
Thank you Smiles.....I did indeed point out that someone had hi-jacked my user name, probably on purpose, but thanks to the moderators it has been sorted out. If he/they do it again guys just count the number of 'o' in the name.

Thank you to jinks..............

catawampuscat
September 4th, 2008, 01:04
I regret my lapse of civility in lashing out at sanoook. The posting sounded like
another poster of old, who called himself truthteller on one of the gaythailand forums,
and I made several assumptions based on rather flimsy evidence and reacted in anger
and with malice and not appropriately.

I don't believe anyone on this forum would be unforgiving to one who defends themselves
against trolls and liartellers. I did not name or identify the person I suspected and am
shocked that any individual would be asked if they were sanoook based on what I wrote.

For what it is worth, I will withdrawal my accusation of thinking I knew the hidden identity
of the troll formerly known as sanoook and am amazed at how people can interpret
and misinterpret things as ambiguous as "damaged goods".
The "barmy army" references are a joke and of course there is no barmy army, no barny
army and no balmy army, at least that I am aware of.
I am sure the references here are lost on the vast majority of posters and hope no one else is
accused of being sanoook and only being thought of as sanook (which loosely translates
as fun/good times)

Overreacting to trolls is foolish and an old timer like myself should know better. Those with
long memories will remember rather intense back and forth nastiness between myself
and a long banned member. I knew for certain that sanoook was not a newbie and was
bad news and behaved inappropriately. Mea culpa and paw lao (enough already in Thai) :cat:

{nuf said = closed - jinks}