PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya to Koh Chang?

joe552
August 26th, 2008, 19:47
What are the pros and cons of going from Pattaya to Koh Chang by private transfer (expensive) as opposed to public bus (cheaper but longer journey)? Are shared taxis an option?

Thanks in advance/

August 27th, 2008, 07:29
I have done this twice by private transfer. Pattaya to Koh Chang and back to Pattaya. Clearly more expensive than the bus, but eminently more convenient.

However, on the last trip we flew from Bangkok to Trat and then used a van service to drop us off at the hotel on Koh Chang. Fortunately we were the first stop. The return trip to Pattaya was by private transfer with a driver, Khun Somsak Taxi, I have used for 4 years. Khun Somsak is an excellent driver and has always been on time, every time.

The time spent in Koh Chang with the BF has always been special, romantic and magical.

August 27th, 2008, 13:14
this website has detailed info for those that haven`t been yet.

http://www.koh-chang.com/getting_there_away1.html

jolyjacktar
August 27th, 2008, 19:54
Thanks for the link Oogleman. i found it very interesting as ive never been there before, Looks a good place for a weeks relaxing with BF.

joe552
August 28th, 2008, 01:16
Thanks for the info - all I need now is the BF!

August 28th, 2008, 05:42
Thanks for the info - all I need now is the BF!You can't buy one there?

joe552
August 28th, 2008, 05:44
Of course, but I'll probably just rent one. Don't want a longterm commitment right now.

TrongpaiExpat
August 28th, 2008, 13:23
Koh Chang is quiet, no loud discos, no loud Thai keroke bars, not sure there's even a movie house. In other words to most Thai boys, it's HELL. Many of the Isaan bars boy can't swim and get sea sick so be careful in the selection of a long term off.