PDA

View Full Version : Don in Sunee

joba
August 25th, 2008, 06:10
Anybody been there recently? A brief report would be appreciated - will be in Pattaya in September for a few nights.

Any other recommendarions. I prefer a bigger place where you can come/go with a boy or two or three - easily. The scene changes so often and I haven't been for a couple years.

What bars are hot at the moment. All info is appreciated and I will report back. Thanks. :cheers: [/b]

puckered_penguin
August 25th, 2008, 08:08
Anybody been there recently? A brief report would be appreciated - will be in Pattaya in September for a few nights.

Any other recommendarions. I prefer a bigger place where you can come/go with a boy or two or three - easily. The scene changes so often and I haven't been for a couple years.

What bars are hot at the moment. All info is appreciated and I will report back. Thanks. :cheers: [/b]

I suggest you stay at The Bondi Hotel and Bar in Jomtien Complex. Eat at O'Briens restaurant in Day and Night and snack on Niddy Nooks' Burgers between meals. Later go to the hottest bar ''Birdcage also in Day and Night.

Or you could just check the internet or do a search here.

August 25th, 2008, 08:38
Anybody been there recently? A brief report would be appreciated - will be in Pattaya in September for a few nights.Read this week's Stickman column - he mentions gay Pattaya and describes it (along with Pattaya generally) as a ghost town

lo-so
August 25th, 2008, 08:39
The Don Plaza is still going. It is now possible, if you are sufficiently tenacious, to secure a slight discount on their room rates (the rack rates being far too high imo). The rooms are very spacious and the large window between the bedroom and bathroom is something you either love or loathe, i fall into the latter category as there is no curtain should modesty (usually of the boy) so desire. The rooms are reasonably well appointed with sofas and dvd players - some have plasma tv - all with cable. However the biggest downside is the bloody stairs- quite simply treacherous if you have had a few! No problem with multiple guests- the bar is also rather nice with some of the best bar stools in Thailand that i have placed my plump arse upon.

August 25th, 2008, 10:12
I have heard the Don also takes only cash. A couple have tried to checkout with credit cards but were made to go and get the cash. A nice place but definately in the wrong location. I'm for tearing it down and restoring the outdoor bar that was once there.

catawampuscat
August 25th, 2008, 10:29
luvthai must be out of his mind to want the return of the sleaziest of the
boychildlover bars to return. It was the center of Pedophilia and it is a blessing that it
is history.
"Kindergartens" do not belong in adult entertainment areas.
Dom Plaza gentrified and vastly improved Sunee Plaza and will do more if the
swimming pool ever gets going again under their ownership.
Nothing personal luvthai, but just the thought of that hellhole and its depraved
denizens pisses me off.
Old Sunee is gone and with it the worst of the scum, in my humble opinion of course.. :cat:

August 25th, 2008, 11:49
Dom Plaza gentrified and vastly improved Sunee Plaza

You obviously have an interesting concept of gentrification.

August 25th, 2008, 13:16
puckered_penguin wrote :

and snack on Niddy Nooks' Burgers between meals

The Nook changes from time to time . :flower: "Niddy's Burger" was a popular snack item for quite some time ... Although there's was poetry on Sawatdee Gay Thailand Forum ! :clown:

August 25th, 2008, 14:44
I said only the outside bar not the Amigo (Lions DEn) that was located in side. The outdoor bar was very popular as it offered a fantastic street view.

Dodger
August 25th, 2008, 17:46
Don belongs on Beach Road as far as I'm concerned.

Sunee has always offered a very unique open-aired street ambience with a Greenwich Village feel about it, only with the obvious side-attractions. Don Plaza just sits there like a bulky painted glass showcase which doesn't fit the scene, nor does it add to any of the attractions that most of us come there for to begin with. Regardless if the rooms are nice or not, it doesn't mesh with the tapestry.

The same people who applaud these types of renovations and changes, are (irronically) the same people who used to complain about things like; the danger of baby elephants being chaperoned arund the sois...or the nucance of Monty's Pool...and I even recall someone complianing once about the hills tribe women walking around at night selling their wares. Well, the elephants are gone...the Pool is closed, and the hills tribe women are all but gone as well. But there, right smack dab in the center of Sunee Plaza, stands the majestic Don Plaza, with it's mammouth painted wall and shiney glass windows for all to appreciate.

All I can say is I'd take the elephants over this crap any day.

TOQ
August 25th, 2008, 18:06

Sunee has always offered a very unique open-aired street ambience with a Greenwich Village feel about it, only with the obvious side-attractions. Don Plaza just sits there like a bulky painted glass showcase which doesn't fit the scene, nor does it add to any of the attractions that most of us come there for to begin with. Regardless if the rooms are nice or not, it doesn't mesh with the tapestry.

The same people who applaud these types of renovations and changes, are (irronically) the same people who used to complain about things like; the danger of baby elephants being chaperoned arund the sois...or the nucance of Monty's Pool...and I even recall someone complianing once about the hills tribe women walking around at night selling their wares. Well, the elephants are gone...the Pool is closed, and the hills tribe women are all but gone as well. But there, right smack dab in the center of Sunee Plaza, stands the majestic Don Plaza, with it's mammouth painted wall and shiney glass windows for all to appreciate.

Dont be shy now, go ahead and tell us how you really feel

john

August 25th, 2008, 23:30
Glad to see that the feeling here as far as replies are concerned is that Don Plaza sits in the middle of Sunee, often empty, with blackened windows and no life inside and doesnt seem to add anything at all to the Sunee experience. I agree with that. Yes, Luvthai, the outdoor bar was always nice to sit at to watch the street walk by.
Businesses come and go in Sunee and will always be the case. However, I would say that Sunee started to go down hill at about the time that Don and his group of friends started to open businesses. They also tried to throw their weight around with the other bar owners about what they wanted everybody else to do. Of course, they were found out when their businesses didnt attract many customers. The hotel never worked, the bar next to Crazy Dragon was empty when every place else wasnt, Don's restaurant closed, and he (eric) was asked to 'move on' finally opening up a food cart in the soi.

August 26th, 2008, 00:38
Dodger wrote:

Stating that Sunee has the "Greenwich Village" feel about it is about as silly a rationalization as I have have heard--an earlier post called it Cafe Sunee--no matter how hard certain members try to "class up" Sunee, most of it is a pit for the pedophiles and perverts---the police did not repeatedly raid it this last summer for its Greenwich Village/Cafe Sunee appeal--practically every article that even mentions Sunee mentions it is a hotbed of child prostitution, drugs, and street gangs. Not that the Pattayaland ares is all that much better these days, but then I sure wouldn't try to call it Cafe Pattayaland.

catawampuscat
August 26th, 2008, 01:35
Sammy is right. I know Greenwich Village very well and it bears absolutely no
resemblance to Sunee Plaza. It has its own personality and is unique in my experience.

I sure as hell don't miss the elephant herds, ok, sometimes 2 or 3, pissing and shitting
in the soi, while their handlers begged. It was fun once or twice but nightly it was too much.
The worst hell hole in Sunee Plaza was Amigo Go Go Boys and the beer bar next door.
Filthy dirty with nasty cunty mamasans and mostly children in dirty underpants being pawed over by dirty old men.
The beer bar was open to those walking by and a great shame
and embarrassment.
Watching 200 kilos+ men molesting several 40Kilo pre-teenagers, with one child on each huge thigh was vile and even thou they hid behind plants in the semi-dark, anyone who passed by had this sick scene in their faces.
It wasn't much better in the old Amigo, where the average age was several years under the line and the same grotesque oogling freaks would rush to be first to see the new boys every nite.
Dom Plaza is a major improvement but so would be an empty lot or a hole in the ground.. :cat:

One can cover it up and talk about people watching and how pleasant it was but it is a lie
and this was pedo central and an insult to every gay man in Sunee Plaza who believes
it is criminal to engage boys, before puberty, in sexual activities..

I don't know if the Dom Plaza hotel is busy or empty and don't give a shit, it is the difference
between day and nite. I celebrated the closure of Amigo/Diamond Pub and its adjacent beer bar and still find the men who dwell there to be the scum of the earth..

markie1
August 26th, 2008, 01:58
resemblance to Sunee Plaza. It has its own personality and is unique in my experience.

I sure as hell don't miss the elephant herds, ok, sometimes 2 or 3, pissing and shitting
in the soi, while their handlers begged. It was fun once or twice but nightly it was too much.
The worst hell hole in Sunee Plaza was Amigo Go Go Boys and the beer bar next door.
Filthy dirty with nasty cunty mamasans and mostly children in dirty underpants being pawed over by dirty old men.
and embarrassment.
Watching 200 kilos+ men molesting several 40Kilo pre-teenagers, with one child on each huge thigh was vile and even thou they hid behind plants in the semi-dark, anyone who passed by had this sick scene in their faces.
It wasn't much better in the old Amigo, where the average age was several years under the line and the same grotesque oogling freaks would rush to be first to see the new boys every nite.

Not really sure if thats the bar i walked past a few times a long time ago on my Way to Sunnee plaza ,with big plants outside and quite a dark Dingy place ,if it is i see it for my self With young boys .proberly only about 10 years sitting on the couches there been groped by filthy dirty old man Pedo's,not at all surpriced they have closed down ,this should have happened a long timne ago ,and those Pedo's should have been put behind bars ,thats the sort of people that give the gay community a bad name ,i hope they catch them all and lock them away .sooner the better .
Dom Plaza is a major improvement but so would be an empty lot or a hole in the ground.. :cat:

One can cover it up and talk about people watching and how pleasant it was but it is a lie
and this was pedo central and an insult to every gay man in Sunee Plaza who believes

I don't know if the Dom Plaza hotel is busy or empty and don't give a shit, it is the difference
between day and nite. I celebrated the closure of Amigo/Diamond Pub and its adjacent beer bar and still find the men who dwell there to be the scum of the earth..

August 26th, 2008, 02:09

and embarrassment.

OK catawampuscat, so I guess there are no bad points you can think of about Sunee after all.

Dodger
August 26th, 2008, 05:18
"Cat Wrote"

I know Greenwich Village very well and it bears absolutely no

Maybe the similarity between Greenwich Village and Sunee Plaza is just that...the fact that they both unique and have their own personalities.

I never witnessed an elephant appear on the sois more than once or twice a week, evan during the peak seasons, let alone the continuous herds that you're describing, as being some kind of menace. Frankly, a little elephant pupu on the sois isn't going to kill anyone, and those who bitch and complain should remind themselves where they are.

No one here, including me, is disappointed about the closing of Amigos, for the very reasons you stated, but that doesn't stop anyone, including me, from having an opinion about the new establishment on that corner.

If you like the place, fine. Just don't attempt to justify your LIKE for the place by rationizing how it is better than the previous place. Just tell us what you like about it and be done with it.

What I'd like to see is Don Plaza replaced with another boy gogo bar. Now, admittedly, Greenwich Village doesn't have that.

August 26th, 2008, 06:22
asopus writes:

no insult intended to those who want to watch the world go by and drink cheaper beer, etc--but you don't inspire much confidence with testament to those "who believe it is criminal to engage boys, before puberty, in sexual activities". It is comforting to know that you and your pals wait until 12, 13, 14, or thereabouts, for the lads to hit puberty, then engage them in sexual activity. The very pedos and activity that have given Cafe Sunee such a delightful reputation.

August 26th, 2008, 08:25
luvthai must be out of his mind to want the return of the sleaziest of the
boychildlover bars to return. It was the center of Pedophilia and it is a blessing that it
is history.
"Kindergartens" do not belong in adult entertainment areas.
Dom Plaza gentrified and vastly improved Sunee Plaza and will do more if the
swimming pool ever gets going again under their ownership.
Nothing personal luvthai, but just the thought of that hellhole and its depraved
denizens pisses me off.
Old Sunee is gone and with it the worst of the scum, in my humble opinion of course.. :cat:

I think you'll find your scum are still there, just moved round the corner.........

dorayme
August 26th, 2008, 08:57

I suggest you stay at The Bondi Hotel and Bar in Jomtien Complex. Eat at O'Briens restaurant in Day and Night and snack on Niddy Nooks' Burgers between meals. Later go to the hottest bar ''Birdcage also in Day and Night.

The Bondi in Jomtien closed some time ago and is still boarded up. The Birdcage is also closed and I've bith Niddy's and O'Briens are for sale.

You might like the Crazy Dragon or Jim, Jimmy James or Sawatdee in Boystown.

August 26th, 2008, 09:35

The Bondi in Jomtien closed some time ago and is still boarded up. The Birdcage is also closed and I've bith Niddy's and O'Briens are for sale.

You might like the Crazy Dragon or Jim, Jimmy James or Sawatdee in Boystown.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

catawampuscat
August 26th, 2008, 10:49
"Cat Wrote"

I know Greenwich Village very well and it bears absolutely no

Maybe the similarity between Greenwich Village and Sunee Plaza is just that...the fact that they both unique and have their own personalities.

I never witnessed an elephant appear on the sois more than once or twice a week, evan during the peak seasons, let alone the continuous herds that you're describing, as being some kind of menace. Frankly, a little elephant pupu on the sois isn't going to kill anyone, and those who bitch and complain should remind themselves where they are.

No one here, including me, is disappointed about the closing of Amigos, for the very reasons you stated, but that doesn't stop anyone, including me, from having an opinion about the new establishment on that corner.

If you like the place, fine. Just don't attempt to justify your LIKE for the place by rationizing how it is better than the previous place. Just tell us what you like about it and be done with it.

What I'd like to see is Don Plaza replaced with another boy gogo bar. Now, admittedly, Greenwich Village doesn't have that.

Dodger is not exaggerating but this ole Cat did get carried away with the herds of elephants
daily depositing their waste materials in the soi of Sunee Plaza.. I do sometimes get a tad over-dramatic to make a point but have to admit the occassional elephant visits really weren't so bad and I only recall one urine flood and never any droppings. Memory can play tricks with ones mind and actually the elephants did add some unique character to the soi, althou my comments on the handlers begging/pestering for money was annoying but in a minor way. mea culpa

I also have to agree that the Dom Plaza Hotel doesn't belong where it is and is not a plus
to the area. My feelings about the previous establishments were very strong and very negative and they coloured my defense of the Dom. Dodger's points are well taken and
I will try to let go of my negative karma associated with the past and even those farangs
who displayed far too much to the passing public..

and finally Sunee Boi also hits the nail on the head.. the scumbags just moved around the corner, except for those whose outrageous behavior finally caused them to be blacklisted,
jailed or thrown out of the country..
Some believe the number to be around 100 farang but this is hearsay and perhaps wishful thinking on the part of some of those who enjoy the area. :cat:

catawampuscat
August 26th, 2008, 11:03
asopus writes:

no insult intended to those who want to watch the world go by and drink cheaper beer, etc--but you don't inspire much confidence with testament to those "who believe it is criminal to engage boys, before puberty, in sexual activities". It is comforting to know that you and your pals wait until 12, 13, 14, or thereabouts, for the lads to hit puberty, then engage them in sexual activity. The very pedos and activity that have given Cafe Sunee such a delightful reputation.

sammy can read into my comment about men who engage boys before puberty as meaning
I and my crew engage boys for sex at ages 12, 13, 14 and even hold "you've reached puberty
parties" for them but it is just spinning the truth and a foolish assumption on sammy's part.Frankly, unlike one flamboyant farang I know, I have never had "sweet 16" parties for boyfriends and have no sexual interest in children.

The great majority of men who enjoy Sunee Plaza do not engage in sexual activities with children but the minority who do, injure the reputation of all who go to Sunee Plaza and we
all get painted with the same tar brush and get accused of being pedos.
I don't get riled up when men hire 17 y.o. guys ,whom are legally underage when money
is involved, but those who push themselves on the pre puberty set and the 12, 13 and 14 year
olds mentioned by sammy, all deserve to be castrated and put away in my humble opinion. :cat:

Khor tose
August 26th, 2008, 16:20
Sammy and Cat, it is so nice to know that somebody in the gay community gives a shit. Sadly, there are far fewer gays who do give a shit, then those who could care less. Oh, they say they care, they say they don't like it, but they still go to the same places that have underage kids, and patronize the same bars that sell them. To me, to tolerate the harming of children is not much different then tolerating rape or homicide. If it wasn't for people like you with the courage to strive against this evil, I would have no use for the community that I was born into. That places like Sunee can exist in the middle of the gay community makes me ashamed to be gay. So thank you for reminding me that there are others out there who do give a shit.

August 26th, 2008, 16:29
If it wasn't for people like you with the courage to strive against this evil, I would have no use for the community that I was born intoWhat "community" is this? The community of guys who prefer cocks over cunts? What sort of "community" is that?

August 26th, 2008, 16:49
asopus writes:

sammy can read into my comment about men who engage boys before puberty as meaning
I and my crew engage boys for sex at ages 12, 13, 14 and even hold "you've reached puberty
parties" for them but it is just spinning the truth and a foolish assumption on sammy's part.Frankly, unlike one flamboyant farang I know, I have never had "sweet 16" parties for boyfriends and have no sexual interest in children.

The great majority of men who enjoy Sunee Plaza do not engage in sexual activities with children but the minority who do, injure the reputation of all who go to Sunee Plaza and we
all get painted with the same tar brush and get accused of being pedos.
I don't get riled up when men hire 17 y.o. guys ,whom are legally underage when money
is involved, but those who push themselves on the pre puberty set and the 12, 13 and 14 year
olds mentioned by sammy, all deserve to be castrated and put away in my humble opinion. :cat:

I certainly don't feel that my reputation is injured by people whose taste is not identical to my own. In fact, I like the diversity of Sunee and don't travel half way around the world to see Castro Street clones or Christopher Street cookie-cutter queers.

Nor am I bothered by drug addicts, touts, loaf-abouts, street hustlers and the guys who pick them up. That is their business and I have never felt threatened by them. I seriously question why someone would be obsessed over these things, and even if they were, why not go to some other place more to their liking? It's not as though there are no choices available.

Also, I thought there was a rule on this board not to discuss underage sex among other things and yet this subject keeps popping up with alarming regularity. One must wonder about the mental state of this small group of people who can't control themselves writing here, almost hysterically repeating the same mantras over and over ad nauseam once the topic surfaces.

Give it a break and do the board a service by sticking to the rules.

Khor tose
August 26th, 2008, 16:50
Homi, I get your point, but you can say that about any group. There is a black community, and all blacks are not all alike. There is a latino community and all latins are not alike, and---like it or not--there is a gay community. If not in our minds, in the minds of others as we all tend to group people together.

Khor tose
August 26th, 2008, 17:14
I certainly don't feel that my reputation is injured by people whose taste is not identical to my own. In fact, I like the diversity of Sunee and don't travel half way around the world to see Castro Street clones or Christopher Street cookie-cutter queers.

Nor am I bothered by drug addicts, touts, loaf-abouts, street hustlers and the guys who pick them up. That is their business and I have never felt threatened by them. I seriously question why someone would be obsessed over these things, and even if they were, why not go to some other place more to their liking? It's not as though there are no choices available.

Also, I thought there was a rule on this board not to discuss underage sex among other things and yet this subject keeps popping up with alarming regularity. One must wonder about the mental state of this small group of people who can't control themselves writing here, almost hysterically repeating the same mantras over and over ad nauseam once the topic surfaces.

Give it a break and do the board a service by sticking to the rules.

Me I wonder at the mental state of a man who can see children get harmed and not give a shit. I wish I had the ability to see people destroying their lives or, in the case of children, having their lives destroyed and not feel anything. None of these people you mention threaten me in any way, what they do is make me feel sad. It is called compassion which is simply deep sympathy. I guess I should be envious of your ability to turn off your feelings for others, sadly(?), I have never been able to that. As to the diversity you say you like, I guess that doesn't extend to a diversity of opinions. Some of the gay community is totally hedonistic, but some of us do care. That's diversity for you.

August 26th, 2008, 17:54
Me I wonder at the mental state of a man who can see children get harmed and not give a shit.

I wonder what it would take to get it through your thick skull that discussions of underage sex violate the rules of this board. Or do you feel that since you have made a donation that you are somehow exempt?

If you were really worried about children getting harmed in the world today you would begin a campaign against the untold numbers of parents who abuse their kids by the millions each year, and fret less about tilting at windmills over the statistically irrelevant number of people who are sexually attracted to children whose numbers are minuscule by comparison but who get all the media attention and hoopla.

August 26th, 2008, 18:32
Homi, I get your point, but you can say that about any group. There is a black community, and all blacks are not all alike. There is a latino community and all latins are not alike, and---like it or not--there is a gay community. If not in our minds, in the minds of others as we all tend to group people together.You may very well think so but by your own admission you are letting other people define you. I have no intention of doing any such thing

Khor tose
August 26th, 2008, 19:04
Homi, I get your point, but you can say that about any group. There is a black community, and all blacks are not all alike. There is a latino community and all latins are not alike, and---like it or not--there is a gay community. If not in our minds, in the minds of others as we all tend to group people together.You may very well think so but by your own admission you are letting other people define you. I have no intention of doing any such thing

Really? When you return from Thailand and they look in your laptop then others are defining you as a possible sex tourist. When they find out your gay they start looking for child porn. When straights find out you gay they want to know whether your a top or a bottom, etc. Yes, we can and should define ourselves, but I do not see how you can stop others from defining you, and taking what they think is appropiate action. Give me a clue what to say to the customs man next time he asks to search my laptop. Excuse me, give me a clue what to say that won't get me arrested or stripped seached.

Khor tose
August 26th, 2008, 19:18
Me I wonder at the mental state of a man who can see children get harmed and not give a shit.

I wonder what it would take to get it through your thick skull that discussions of underage sex violate the rules of this board. Or do you feel that since you have made a donation that you are somehow exempt?

If you were really worried about children getting harmed in the world today you would begin a campaign against the untold numbers of parents who abuse their kids by the millions each year, and fret less about tilting at windmills over the statistically irrelevant number of people who are sexually attracted to children whose numbers are minuscule by comparison but who get all the media attention and hoopla.

That is going to make them feel so good to know that they are just a "statistically irrelevant number of people." I do campaign against those parents. Unfortunitely, what they do seldom appears in public until after the damage is done. This "statistically irrelevant number of people" is all to public. The topic is Sunee plaza. As far as I can determine the drug addicts, children and pedos are a big part (but not all) of that plaza. I figure as long as trolls, and flaming are tolerated the rules are a little looser then published.

On a different note, I complement you on your handle. Are you from that region of Greece, or do you just like things Greek?

August 26th, 2008, 20:35
Yes, we can and should define ourselves, but I do not see how you can stop others from defining you, and taking what they think is appropiate action. Give me a clue what to say to the customs man next time he asks to search my laptop. Excuse me, give me a clue what to say that won't get me arrested or stripped seached.

Simple! At the customs counter define yourself as a moral fanatic and back up your claim by showing them this thread on your laptop. Show them how much abuse you have suffered at the hands of people like me who heap nothing but ridicule on your very definitions.

By the way, have you thought of going someplace other than Sunee, or do you do that out of some well defined and deep rooted masochistic desire to torment yourself? Or maybe you are a self-defined improver of mankind and social engineer at heart and just can't help yourself like those you condemn?

Despite my suspicions about you, far be it from me to make any attempt to define you. I wish you well in your pursuits as a hysterical moral fanatic which will serve you well to get through customs I am sure, so it's not exactly a lost cause.

Khor tose
August 26th, 2008, 21:59
If you look at the quote you will see that this is a conversation between Homi and me, If you look under my name you will see Chiang Mai, not Pattaya. If I am a moral fanatic for not wanting to see children hurt, so be it. I wonder what you call the opposite of a moral fanatic.

August 26th, 2008, 23:38
If you look at the quote you will see that this is a conversation between Homi and me, If you look under my name you will see Chiang Mai, not Pattaya. If I am a moral fanatic for not wanting to see children hurt, so be it. I wonder what you call the opposite of a moral fanatic.

If this is an exclusive conversation between you and homintern, you should have had your little chat via the PM function of this board.

Khor tose, you said this earlier in this thread: "That places like Sunee can exist in the middle of the gay community makes me ashamed to be gay." So why did you become an interloper by entering into this fray if now you claim Chiang Mai as the place you frequent?

Are you claiming categorically that children are being hurt in Sunee Plaza and that you have seen this hurt taking place? And if this is true, why take it upon yourself to do battle with this menace on this board where the topic is prohibited, as I had mentioned earlier, and instead call the police when you see evidence of this so-called hurt taking place. The police are the competent authority assigned to deal with this, not you. Or do you feel a calling to be a vigilante?

Khor tose
August 27th, 2008, 03:43
1. The board is called Sawatdee Gay THAILAND not gay Pattaya.
2. I have been in Pattaya on three occasions. Once to visit, twice to attend parties with friends.
3. Yes, I am claiming categorically that children are being hurt in Sunee Plaza and that I have seen this hurt taking place.
4. Since when is discussion--the exchanging of viewpoints--a battle.
5. Sunee Plaza or to be exact the history of Don Plaza is not prohibited.
6. Yes, I will do whatever I can to stop what is going on, as what is happening in Sunee Plaza is a smear on all gays in Thailand in the minds of customs(see 5 page topic on this board) and the minds of the authorities and straight people we all have to deal with.

Now answer me some questions:
1. Why would you consider an exchange of ideas a battle?
2. What cause are you fighting?
3. What is threatening you about this topic?
4. The conversation between Homi and I was not private, but your answer was a non-sequitur. In case you can't figure it out we were discussing whether or not we are a group subject to definition by others or we are all individuals. Are you saying you meant to inject a new subject, instead of not bothering to read what the conversation was about?
5. You only have 20 posts, (five of which you deleted), how long have you been in Thailand?
6. Finally, you said you were not treatened by hustlers, etc. How can you ignore the humanity of these boys and worse then that call them a "statistically irrelevant number of people"?

August 27th, 2008, 03:53
Really? When you return from Thailand and they look in your laptop then others are defining you as a possible sex tourist.Actually they're profiling you not defining you and the key word is "possible". By the same logic every grandmother they pat down at the airport is being "defined" as a terrorist. Try to use logic rather than emotion

Khor tose
August 27th, 2008, 08:24
Really? When you return from Thailand and they look in your laptop then others are defining you as a possible sex tourist.Actually they're profiling you not defining you and the key word is "possible". By the same logic every grandmother they pat down at the airport is being "defined" as a terrorist. Try to use logic rather than emotion

define-To describe the nature or basic qualities of; explain:
profile-A formal summary or analysis of data, often in the form of a graph or table, representing distinctive features or characteristics: a psychological profile of a job applicant
Stereotype-A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.

I will admit that they do call it profiling, but it is actually more like stereotyping. However, upon reflection, I actually think it is a good idea. When you consider that Thailand has places like Sunee, this is exactly what they should do. I stand corrected, but the truth is that while it is a good idea, I just hated it happening to me. It was actually a little selfish of me to be so upset, and no I am not being sarcastic. I hate it, and I do blame it on the Pedos, but I will learn to live with it. Point made and taken.

catawampuscat
August 27th, 2008, 11:08
Khor tose, you are taking on the well entrenched pedo defensive forces and I can
tell you from experience they are a nasty bunch who will stoop to any level to defend
their access to children.
They will spin the truth so wildly that you will just be wasting your time explaining
and they will use absurd comparisons to justify their vile actions. They are the curse
of the gay community (yes, homi there is a gay community despite your abhorance to
such concepts) and a tiny minority makes the straight world think of all of us as child
molestors and dirty old men..
I have been on this case for years khor tose and can tell you that you will only get
comments on how you are so obsessed with this that you must be a pedo yourself
(the logic escapes me), that you have other problems and issues and it is you that
are the problem for not sticking your head in the sand..
It is an endless battle and the best you can achieve are small victories.

The cynics will tell you that you are a criminal engaging prostitutes and use the confusing
legalities and different world wide laws to confuse and cloud the real issue..
Men who rape children before the age of puberty should not be considered gay but
should be thought of as murderers as they kill the spirit and joy of childhood and twist
very young lives to satisfy their needs.
Now some truth spinner will write, oh so it ok to fuck boys past puberty even if they are 11 or
12 y.o. Of course, this is not intended or implied but just the way the pedo defensives force
operate. Some of them will justify their criminal acts by using the economic needs of
very poor people and even the fact that some parents use their children to raise money.
Any justification any rationalization will do instead of facing the ugly truth.

Khor tose, from my experience the best you can do is not to befriend or associate with the
child rapists.. This is relatively easy as they tend to congregate together to trade info and
advise of the newest children to hit town. Some of them seem like nice men and you can
be fooled by eventually they will expose themselves as the scum they are.
There is a one American who blames this poster for trying to destroy Sunee Plaza and has
the balls to tell friends of mine that I am the problem. The twisted sicko is so close to getting
his faces (he is two-faced) flattened and swallowing his own teeth, if he even gets close to me as I am revolted
by the mere sight of this criminal sociopath and his cronies.

So Khor tose, be very careful as the pedo defensive forces will do anything to try to hurt
you and disarm you. Fight the good fight but the best we can hope for are small victories
(like the closing of notorious pedo bars) and try not to get frustrated and let the monsters
run amok.. Watch for the usual suspects who blame those who expose the ugliness and
have no problem with the creatures who give us all a bad reputation.. I sugget Khor tose that
you use the Ignore feature but do be careful not to become obsessed as this is like trying
to hold back the tides.. :cat:

August 27th, 2008, 12:42
Khor tose, you are taking on the well entrenched pedo defensive forces and I can
tell you from experience they are a nasty bunch who will stoop to any level to defend
their access to children.
They will spin the truth so wildly that you will just be wasting your time explaining
and they will use absurd comparisons to justify their vile actions. They are the curse
of the gay community (yes, homi there is a gay community despite your abhorance to
such concepts) and a tiny minority makes the straight world think of all of us as child
molestors and dirty old men..
I have been on this case for years khor tose and can tell you that you will only get
comments on how you are so obsessed with this that you must be a pedo yourself
(the logic escapes me), that you have other problems and issues and it is you that
are the problem for not sticking your head in the sand..
It is an endless battle and the best you can achieve are small victories.

The cynics will tell you that you are a criminal engaging prostitutes and use the confusing
legalities and different world wide laws to confuse and cloud the real issue..
Men who rape children before the age of puberty should not be considered gay but
should be thought of as murderers as they kill the spirit and joy of childhood and twist
very young lives to satisfy their needs.
Now some truth spinner will write, oh so it ok to fuck boys past puberty even if they are 11 or
12 y.o. Of course, this is not intended or implied but just the way the pedo defensives force
operate. Some of them will justify their criminal acts by using the economic needs of
very poor people and even the fact that some parents use their children to raise money.
Any justification any rationalization will do instead of facing the ugly truth.

Khor tose, from my experience the best you can do is not to befriend or associate with the
child rapists.. This is relatively easy as they tend to congregate together to trade info and
advise of the newest children to hit town. Some of them seem like nice men and you can
be fooled by eventually they will expose themselves as the scum they are.
There is a one American who blames this poster for trying to destroy Sunee Plaza and has
the balls to tell friends of mine that I am the problem. The twisted sicko is so close to getting
his faces (he is two-faced) flattened and swallowing his own teeth, if he even gets close to me as I am revolted

So Khor tose, be very careful as the pedo defensive forces will do anything to try to hurt
you and disarm you. Fight the good fight but the best we can hope for are small victories
(like the closing of notorious pedo bars) and try not to get frustrated and let the monsters
run amok.. Watch for the usual suspects who blame those who expose the ugliness and
have no problem with the creatures who give us all a bad reputation.. I sugget Khor tose that
you use the Ignore feature but do be careful not to become obsessed as this is like trying

catawampuscat you are becoming quite hysterical now in your delirium. Your threatening of violence is particularly worrisome and makes me think you have forgotten to take your meds. I suggest you get help before you hurt yourself or others.

And... I still don't know why this thread has been allowed to continue since it is clearly in violation of the rules of the board. Some people are just natural born law breakers and find it impossible to follow any rules whatsoever. That's really scary.

August 27th, 2008, 13:10
This thread was supposed to be about Don Plaza and its facilities.

joba
August 27th, 2008, 13:18
Thank you - oogleman - wow can we get off track - but it was fun - any comments on better accomodations or the hot bars in Sunee........

August 27th, 2008, 13:20
This thread was supposed to be about Don Plaza and its facilities.

Yes, it was until catawampuscat diverted the focus to his favorite subject early on in the thread, a subject which also happens to be prohibited by the rules of this board.

But Oogleman, I would be very circumspect in taking on catawampuscat since in his most recent post above he has taken to threatening violence which is usually the last stage before the deranged are committed to a lunatic asylum. I really wish he would seek help before he hurts someone.

August 27th, 2008, 13:23
yes, homi there is a gay community despite your abhorance to such conceptsI don't abhor the concept, I just don't believe you can make a community out of people whose only commonality is that they prefer cocks over cunts. I suggest you have a look at Gore Vidal's comment (remembering that among some gays he is most famous for his "gay" post-war novel The City and the Pillar - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15441.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/good-old-gore-vidal-t15441.html) )

If you believe you are right, however, please let us all know what Chao Na, Aunty, Wesley, you and I have in common that makes us members of the same "community"

August 27th, 2008, 13:25
But Oogleman, I would be very circumspect in taking on catawampuscat since in his most recent post above he has taken to threatening violence which is usually the last stage before the deranged are committed to a lunatic asylum. I really wish he would seek help before he hurts someone.If you've seen Fawlty Towers you'll remember the famous excuse for Manuel - "He's from Barcelona". In the case of our catawampus, just substitute Pattaya for Barcelona

August 27th, 2008, 17:29
I enjoyed your tirade against "Pedos" but it doesn't make your point any stronger by making the men "dirty old' or 200kg. I'm sure there are some dirty young men and some 40kg men molesting 40kg boys, so leave out the ageism and weightism. I happen to enjoy a drink in Sunnee Plaza ,it is much less pretentious than" boys town" with lots of expats providing a familiar face to have a chat to.Perhaps because I'm not interested, I don't see much evidence of paedophile activity or am I just being naieve.

August 27th, 2008, 17:50
I enjoyed your tirade against "Pedos" but it doesn't make your point any stronger by making the men "dirty old' or 200kg. I'm sure there are some dirty young men and some 40kg men molesting 40kg boys, so leave out the ageism and weightism. I happen to enjoy a drink in Sunnee Plaza ,it is much less pretentious than" boys town" with lots of expats providing a familiar face to have a chat to.Perhaps because I'm not interested, I don't see much evidence of paedophile activity or am I just being naieve.

spot on. myself and another forum member stopped three 20-30 something fit young men taking an underage boy into their room 2 weeks ago.

catawampuscat
August 27th, 2008, 18:15

Raig56, I was recollecting the sight of a farang whose ability to fit in even a first class
airplane seat or frankly two seats in economy must have been a miracle. He would sit often in the darkened beer bar next to Amigo/Diamond Pub and have several tiny tots on his knees and on his lap.
I used this extreme graphic example as it is sensational . The shameless way, he pawed over the very young kids in open view was beyond the pale..
Granted, age and weight are not factor in child rapists and many are quite young and slim
but to call them gay because their victims are male seems wrong to me.
I will rest my case now as the usual suspects scream out about obsessiveness,
and ignore the evil element that threatens all of us with their criminal activities.. The
same bunch will attack the messenger and condone the child rapists as just being part of the
local colour of the town.

Note to asopus: I haven't had a fist fight nor punched anyone since my early childhood,
so don't worry too much about the figurative images, they are not literal but never say never. :cat:

lo-so
August 27th, 2008, 18:59
the rooms can be had for about 1000 baht including (v. basic) breakfast. In the lobby very comfortable sofas to chill out on and look out but not be seen - the blackened windows. It is comfortable but so too are other guest houses close by which are more competitively priced eg El Dorado and Two Guys.

Khor tose
August 27th, 2008, 19:11
to destroy Sunee Plaza and has

Cat, a little over the top.
1. No violence, leave that to the cops such as they are. Self defense only.
2. I know very well what I am dealing with, and I am far from alone.
3. You must have been stuck in Pattaya a long time, if you think there is nothing you can do. Send me your email by pm and I will tell you what you can do.
4. You are correct, these guys will and often do get their just desserts. It is just a matter of time, so do not get too carried away. Very few are escaping the net now a days.
5. I really wanted to know why Asopus was fighting what he called "the battle", and now he is hiding behind the commotion you caused. Not where I wanted the discussion to go.
6. Always keep in mind that most of the world, most gay men/women, and all of western police are behind you. Resources abound if you look for them.
7. I've said to much already--send me a pm.

August 27th, 2008, 19:59
Cat ... why don't you take a small pocket sized camera with you and take photos of these people.
Send the pictures to the police or even post them here?

Khor tose
August 27th, 2008, 22:39
Cat ... why don't you take a small pocket sized camera with you and take photos of these people.
Send the pictures to the police or even post them here?

That may lead to the photographer being targeted and/or hurt. Remember Thais are also involved in this trade and you are in Thailand. This is not a good idea. I will admit that I once thought about advising this, but I have been set straight. Do not put yourself in harms way, Most of the Pedos are only a threat to children, but the Thais who are involved are a very real threat to life and limb.

giggsy
August 27th, 2008, 23:19
Q. and how do the pedos in sunee know when its time for bed?

A. when the big hand touch's the little hand

catawampuscat
August 28th, 2008, 00:34
thanks, giggsy for the chuckle. I do get carried away on this topic periodically
and usually the powers that be shut down the thread before they get too heated.

Khor tose is 100% on target about the dangers one would put themselves in, if they started taking photographs and contacting the police. Lots of money is involved and it would
be a very stupid thing to try to put oneself between the parties involved in this business.

thanks Bwana but a one man crusade is not for this old man but I do think it is
important to remind everyone that we are not in a paradise without thorns and vipers.

I know when it is time to call it a day and move on. Maybe we can start another
thread on cigarette smoking in bars or not using condoms and kick up some dust... :cat:

August 28th, 2008, 05:09
I know when it is time to call it a day and move on.A typical catawampuscat response when his back's to the wall. In this post he's asserted there's a "gay community" but is unable to demonstrate
what Chao Na, Aunty, Wesley, you and I have in common that makes us members of the same "community"In another thread he asserts that "gay businessmen" should be a protected species without saying what's so special about a gay businessman as opposed to any other sort of businessman. When challenged he simply ignores what's inconvenient (ie. his position is logically untenable) and moves on