PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on View Talay?

August 24th, 2008, 02:33
I'm thinking of renting a condo at View Talay for the next stay. I've never tried renting before, so I'm a bit apprehensive. Any advice? Any thoughts/opinions on View Talay? Any recommendations/warnings with regard to rental agencies? Thanks for your assistance.

David

firecat69
August 24th, 2008, 03:44
Email tonyatpattaya@yahoo.com I can't remember his website

or www.asian-escapes.com (http://www.asian-escapes.com) I have used both . They work together and are completely reliable and their units are nicely furnished and fairly priced for the quality that you get.

August 24th, 2008, 03:47
Stayed in VT2 and it was fine. Didnt get any problems at all.

jimnbkk
August 24th, 2008, 04:57
I've rented there before. I find ViewTalay 2 to be much more convenient than VT1 because of the proximity to the Jomtien Complex, and the relative closer proximity to the beach. Also, if you stay at VT1 you have to cross Trepassit Road to get to the Beach, an unsafe process.

I used www.viewtalay.net/ (http://www.viewtalay.net/) to rent the room, and have only nice things to say about these folks.

If you go to Dongtan Beach, renting in VT5 is your best bet because you can access the beach through the gate at Avalon Beach Resort with your VT5 access card. Others cannot use this gate, and must walk around to the police station to get to the beach. Problem is, VT5 is new, and the prices are a lot higher than VT2 where the prices are higher than VT1.

You pays ur money and takes ur chances.

August 24th, 2008, 06:08
Hello to members of this site please to have joined your forum.

dorayme
August 24th, 2008, 09:06
I'm thinking of renting a condo at View Talay for the next stay. I've never tried renting before, so I'm a bit apprehensive. Any advice? Any thoughts/opinions on View Talay? Any recommendations/warnings with regard to rental agencies? Thanks for your assistance.

David

View Talay 5 is the most convenient since it is right on the gay area of Jomtien beach if you want to stay on the beach. Typical studio units are 48 sq. meters with small kitchinettes. Rates might be in the 20,000 Baht a month and up.

View Talay 5 has a building C and building D. Building D has just opened and has a lot of construction between 9 and 5 on week days so may be very noisy. There is some construction is building C but it has mostly finished.

Jomtien Condotel is also on the beach but is an old building with 36 sq.m. studios. Rates usually are less than 10,000 Baht a month. Contact wassanapkk2007@hotmail.com for availability.

View Talay 1 and 2 are across the road from the beach. View Talay 6 is on the beach but has poor access from the main road.

Jomtien Complex and Jomtien Plaza are at the intersection of the beach road. Both are old buildings but are convenient to the beach and transportation.

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 24th, 2008, 09:15
not much diffeent to renting a hotel room really..just depends what location you want to be in.

Personally View Tallay is a little too far out of town for me but that isn't a problem as transport never is in Pattaya..but if you prefer to be nearer Jomtien it's probably the best place.

Make sure they send some pics of the actual condo and see if they have a view or what the decor is like..never rely on gays for having good taste !!

Good though if you prefer a bit of discretion when taking home trade...you don't have a hotel staff giving you looks..just a thousand eyes of queens trying to spot if you have the one they had last night !

thaiguest
August 24th, 2008, 09:23

David
View Talay 2 is modern, secure, and convenient. There's an english guy there -Chris- who has many rooms for rent. I think a studio is B.800 off season and B.1000 high season per night incl electric and water. Even if you arrive there without an arrangement you will usually be fixed up. If not, stroll across the road into the Jomtien complex and you're sure to find something there.. or walk a few hundred metres past Papa David's restaurant to Orchid guest house...forget the agents and feel the buzz of arriving without secure arrangements.

dorayme
August 24th, 2008, 09:31
Condos are available in many areas of Pattaya. If you want to be in the Center of things there is Center Condo in South Pattaya or Yensabai Condo near Sunee Plaza. Center Condo could be a bit noisy because it is next to the temple.

I prefer Jomtien because it is usually quieter at night. Jomtien can be a bit boring at night if you like an active night life but is only about 15-20 minutes away from Boystown by bus.

dorayme
August 24th, 2008, 09:34

David
View Talay 2 is modern, secure, and convenient. There's an english guy there -Chris- who has many rooms for rent. I think a studio is B.800 off season and B.1000 high season per night incl electric and water. Even if you arrive there without an arrangement you will usually be fixed up. If not, stroll across the road into the Jomtien complex and you're sure to find something there.. or walk a few hundred metres past Papa David's restaurant to Orchid guest house...forget the agents and feel the buzz of arriving without secure arrangements.

Good point! Many look much better on the Internet than they will when you see them.

thaiguest
August 28th, 2008, 07:36

David

Good point! Many look much better on the Internet than they will when you see them.

Sorry the guy's name in View Talay with the rentals is PHIL, not Chris. Go right after entering the lobby and call into Phil's Gaff/Bar.