PDA

View Full Version : Silly questions

August 23rd, 2008, 22:09
First of all excuse me for my poor Engrish. English is not my native language too )

Thailand for a young gay: if it's worth visiting ?

Places to visit in Pattaya for a man looking for someone aged 20-something.

Well, I'm not feeling myself cute and my friends don't call me ugly and I'm shy a BIT... is there still a chance of getting boyfriend, not boy for rent?

Any hotel/guesthouse to stay where one can chat with other 'farangs' including gay topics ?

What to do in PTT on morning/afternoon EXCEPT massage, excursions, sun-bathing or eating?

)

Thank You in advance!

August 23rd, 2008, 22:15
From another recent posting here, I am starting to think that Pattaya is not the best place for young gay farangs. Bangkok would probably be a lot more fun -- start out at the Telephone or Balcony, move on to DJ Station, give Babylon a try.

Thailand is definitely worth a visit. Almost every country is that, when you're young.

August 24th, 2008, 01:31
Henry has this right. Bangkok is a better bet for you and the beat he proposes is about right as long as you stay away from the last part of the bar in Telephone which has been declared an Elephant's graveyard.

August 24th, 2008, 06:27
... and the beat he proposes ...Is Henry proposing beats now? I must have missed that

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 24th, 2008, 09:09
don't listen to them..if you just go to Bangkok you willl find farangs for "gay topics" but it's more than likely to be a Homitern ranting on about hairdressing trends and such ( odd as he doesn't have any).

Pattaya is the place for you but tell us more..where are you from ?..what are you interested in ?

and send me a full frontal pic to my inbox or a head shot would be OK and we'll take it from there. Many a Pattaya farang will take you in hand and show you the sights and even feel yourself cute..

Pattaya is a wonderful place for young western gays..and don't believe any of the nonsense you hear about it being full of Dracula-like gays who will suck the lifeblood out of you.

August 24th, 2008, 09:34
Age is only a game of numbers. Given the Thai culture, age, race or creed is not the basis on which people are treated. If you respect the Tahi people and willing to understand their culture and way of life, they are willing to make you comfortable. It is a land of smile, hospitality and of course snook. So it is up to any visitor to make use of the best Thailand has to offer. Coming to the point of gays, it is a most tolerant gay friendly country in any part of the world I have seen. You treat them with respect and willing to relate to them whether they work in a bar or massage bar: you will stand to benefit. In my last 10 years visists to BKK I have met cross-section of travellers and have spoken to them and most would agree with me that Thailand is the best place opn earth for gay life, provided you are willing to leave your "Farang" mentality and become "Be a Roman when u r in Rome" attitude

August 24th, 2008, 09:36
is there still a chance of getting boyfriend,

There should be NO problem with that AT all, and, yes, NOT for rent, not for you, and in Bangkok, of course.

I get the feeling that the rest of the world outside guesthouse beach shacks on remote beaches are now for those that bring their bedrooms, bedroom TV's, individual automobiles, individual hang ups and general unsociability all with them to their hotels and vacations, that is one often doesn't see "interaction" in the hotel lobby's, restaurants, etc., except maybe in the bars or special occasions like very rainy days. But the best bets for meeting interesting people might try Malaysia hotel or area and Tarntawan. Also maybe Serene Hotel or Swiss Lodge in Silom.

August 24th, 2008, 11:46
but it's more than likely to be a Homitern ranting on about hairdressing trends and such ( odd as he doesn't have any). The #2 blade all over (the head) once a fortnight does me nicely

thrillbill
August 24th, 2008, 12:51
Yes, go to BKK!!! I like to go up to Bangkok on weekends for my socializing since there is a "younger crowd" at heart and you do run into expats and Thais that live there working. I have seen Western fellows under 30 years old on soi 2 and DJ's that easily connect to others around their age-- Westerners and Thais. True, Telephone Bar is for the older expats where there are a lot of commercial boys that go inside to see what the fishing is for the day... Sit outside of Balcony or Telephone Bar and scope out if there is anyone you fancy... After 11:00 walk over to soi 4 to DJ's to see the show, stay downstairs; for,that is where many of the college and twenty something hangout that are not commercial. On the second floor, you'll run into more of the "money" boys. (I am speaking in general terms here.) I have mistaken many times when I have run a friendly Thai who I thought was a "money boy" at DJ's and it turned out he wasn't. --But even if he is, and you fancy him, why not? - you're on vacation. After DJ's you go to G.O.D (next to Richard's Restaurant-see map) around 2pm and there is a whole different crew of Thais there who are mostly with their buddies having a good time, prefering GOD over DJ's because DJ's being too crowded. If you want to hit a beach, then I would go to Phuket over Pattaya. Phuket is more scenic with cleaner beaches and the night life is geared more for the young at heart than Pattaya.

August 24th, 2008, 20:29
Bangkok is a good option but actually I think that Pattaya will be my base for nearby islands beaches which are a must before my another snowy winter. Also a lot of sighseengs for a first-time Thailand visitor and as for Bangkok - I think that during two weeks of vacation I shall have enough time to start Bangkok sightseeng on Friday night, especially considering that Bangkok could be reached within few hours at a price much lesser than from Phuket )

Well, as I read about Phuket - it's a place mostly for families, so I'd like to be somewhere where I can put my body into the night-life by just walking outside of my hotel/guesthouse and not seeing my nationals with a jaws hitting ground every day on a beach.

So, since vacation is not planned like 100% boys-trip (but it would be a nice addition for sure, hehe), full-time stay in BKK is hardly acceptable.

I get the feeling that the rest of the world outside guesthouse beach shacks on remote beaches are now for those that bring their bedrooms, bedroom TV's, individual automobiles, individual hang ups and general unsociability all with them to their hotels and vacations, that is one often doesn't see "interaction" in the hotel lobby's, restaurants, etc., except maybe in the bars or special occasions like very rainy days. But the best bets for meeting interesting people might try Malaysia hotel or area and Tarntawan. Also maybe Serene Hotel or Swiss Lodge in Silom.

:) As I told before I'm feeling myself a bit shy. But I hope that I will overstep that feeling there with my head still on shoulders.

August 25th, 2008, 00:33
Well, you're dead right about Phuket. The main places are just about 100% farang (with Thai service people) and it is pretty family-oriented. You have to be brave to take your boyfriend to Phuket. Or, another possibility, the bf needs that "I don't care" attitude.

Here's what I think is a funny tale-without-words. I was actually in Phuket with my drop-dead handsome boyfriend -- and he spent a lot of time playing snooker, especially with a nice handsome Australian chap. They (Suthat and the Aussie) became good friends.

OK, exposition finished.

One fine morning (late), I went down to the hotel restaurant to have breakfast with Suthat. We sat fairly near a British family, and...

HERE BEGINS THE SCENE:

They (the Brits) were Mummy and Pops and two boys. The older boy slowly became aware of Suthat and me, and starting going through a completely amusing mime-show of "Oh, disgusting queers!" Mummy and Pops were talking about real estate or something and didn't even notice their older son's amusing mime-show. I drank my coffee and hummed "God Bless the Queen" to myself, while the know-all Brit boy was miming puke-puke-puke.

Then in walked the Australian (remember him?) He looked at Suthat and gave him a huge smile, and sat down to join us for breakfast.

The know-all Brit boy suddenly became Extremely Confused. I imagine that he knew the Aussie and admired him as a thumping good bloke. BUT the Thumping Good Bloke had just joined the Two Disgusting Queers for breakfast.

The funniest thing of all is that the Brit boy suddenly stood up and left, without saying a word to his dear family.

CUT.

People are so damned interesting! :-) :-)

Beachlover
August 25th, 2008, 04:17
Well, you're dead right about Phuket. The main places are just about 100% farang (with Thai service people) and it is pretty family-oriented. You have to be brave to take your boyfriend to Phuket. Or, another possibility, the bf needs that "I don't care" attitude.

Here's what I think is a funny tale-without-words. I was actually in Phuket with my drop-dead handsome boyfriend -- and he spent a lot of time playing snooker, especially with a nice handsome Australian chap. They (Suthat and the Aussie) became good friends.

OK, exposition finished.

One fine morning (late), I went down to the hotel restaurant to have breakfast with Suthat. We sat fairly near a British family, and...

HERE BEGINS THE SCENE:

They (the Brits) were Mummy and Pops and two boys. The older boy slowly became aware of Suthat and me, and starting going through a completely amusing mime-show of "Oh, disgusting queers!" Mummy and Pops were talking about real estate or something and didn't even notice their older son's amusing mime-show. I drank my coffee and hummed "God Bless the Queen" to myself, while the know-all Brit boy was miming puke-puke-puke.

Then in walked the Australian (remember him?) He looked at Suthat and gave him a huge smile, and sat down to join us for breakfast.

The know-all Brit boy suddenly became Extremely Confused. I imagine that he knew the Aussie and admired him as a thumping good bloke. BUT the Thumping Good Bloke had just joined the Two Disgusting Queers for breakfast.

The funniest thing of all is that the Brit boy suddenly stood up and left, without saying a word to his dear family.

CUT.

People are so damned interesting! :-) :-)

ROFL... he is about to have an "oh my god could I be gay" crisis...lol

Beachlover
August 25th, 2008, 04:25
Good observation about Phuket... it is much more family oriented and you may get more stares if you're hanging around with BFs. But definitely still go to Phuket.It is amazingly beautiful and there is still a great gay scene and nice bars to explore. Much better things to do during the day as well.

Pattaya.... is a lot more shameless. Very few kids there. You get the feeling that 99% of the people you see there are there for sex.

On Walking St at night... just about every guy (from 18yr olds to 70yr olds) is walking around with a working lady. An atmosphere like you've never experienced before.

Go to Pattaya for a few nights.... but don't spend more than a week there.