PDA

View Full Version : Soi 4 Pink Olympics

TrongpaiExpat
August 22nd, 2008, 14:40
I did not plan on attending but by chance was at the Balcony and noticed the signs and decorations. I then though I would eat and leave before this event started but met some friends and they convinced me to stay.

Lee from the Telephone did most of the MC. He's so bad he's good. This has to be just stupid I thought. Sack races and the like.

So, what the hell, I sat there drinking Beer Lao. The place filled up, every table, both sides full? What is everyone expecting? They were selling raffle tickets for some HIV cause.

Funny, I somehow began enjoying watching these "contests" and I had a good time. It was funny to watch just how bad some of the contestants were and wonderful to see how Thais can have so much fun with something so stupid.

Next Year, I might attend on purpose.

TrongpaiExpat
August 22nd, 2008, 15:13
I know, my first reaction was to leave. If you never been don't knock it.

First there was the torch run and lighting of the flame. Next how to put out the flame without calling the fire dept.

The high heal races were hilarious. 'Leam' from Balcony just could not resist a pre-mature start and screamed all the way.

Thais can have fun doing almost nothing and we should learn something from that.

August 22nd, 2008, 16:03
wonderful to see how Thais can have so much fun with something so stupid.

Look at the practice they get with the sex tourists.

Sen Yai
August 22nd, 2008, 19:47
http://www.balconypub.com/gallery/080821/images/000011.jpg

More pics at www.balconypub.com/gallery.html (http://www.balconypub.com/gallery.html)

TrongpaiExpat
August 23rd, 2008, 14:47
Oh, there's a shot of me in that photo, in the background. Free drinks to anyone that can find the trongpai in the photo.

August 23rd, 2008, 15:48
Pink dress on the right?

sjaak327
August 23rd, 2008, 16:25
Photo is kind of blurry, I can recongise Lee, and the waiters, The woman taking a picture at the telephone's terrace is beyond recognition, so are all the rest in the background.

So I guess no free drinks :(

TrongpaiExpat
August 23rd, 2008, 16:41
Photo is kind of blurry, I can recongise Lee, and the waiters, The woman taking a picture at the telephone's terrace is beyond recognition, so are all the rest in the background.

So I guess no free drinks :(

That's the Balcony terrace. Red seats, Balcony Green, Telephone

August 23rd, 2008, 17:00
That's the Balcony terrace. Red seats, Balcony Green, Telephone

is this a 'spot the deliberate error'? i am pretty sure the red seats are Telephone.

sjaak327
August 23rd, 2008, 17:15
Yes it is, the red seats are Telephone.

see http://www.balconypub.com/image.html/ga ... age=000002 (http://www.balconypub.com/image.html/gallery=080821,image=000002)

August 24th, 2008, 05:33
Oh, there's a shot of me in that photo, in the background. Free drinks to anyone that can find the trongpai in the photo.

You deliberatly mixed up the colors of the chairs in the two bars and you got the waiter's name wrong.
The offer of free drinks is disingenuous.
Except for wanting to identify a compulsive liar why would anyone want to find out who you are?

TrongpaiExpat
August 24th, 2008, 13:56
OK, OK everyone is a winner. Everyone that responded to this post gets free "disingenuous" drinks. PM me for details and we will work out a place and date.

I really am in the photo. Took my BF 2 seconds to spot me.

The grand prize winner of the lucky ticket, 5000B, has not claimed his money yet. Number posted on the BB at Balcony and Telephone.

August 24th, 2008, 14:09
OK, OK everyone is a winner. Everyone that responded to this post gets free "disingenuous" drinks. PM me for details and we will work out a place and date.

The grand prize winner of the raffle, 5000B, has not claimed his money yet.

oooo maybe I won...i better go and check, wish they would post the winning number on the website

TrongpaiExpat
August 24th, 2008, 14:27

The grand prize winner of the raffle, 5000B, has not claimed his money yet.

oooo maybe I won...i better go and check, wish they would post the winning number on the website

The name on the ticket was "Craig"