PDA

View Full Version : kho samui

markie1
August 20th, 2008, 18:11
This is a place i have not visited yet and i am thinking about going there for a few days in September,,can any one recommend it ,a nice hotel that is clean and not over priced ,where is the best area to stay in ,what is the best way of transportation to get there from pataya,is it better to Fly from BKK with Thai airways . Feed back will be appreciated .
many thanks

August 21st, 2008, 05:02
Bangkok Airways flies from U Tapao (airport close to Pattaya) to Koh Samui.

August 21st, 2008, 06:28
If you wish a honda motorcycle parts canada the wet mud. {etc.}I see Wesley has a new identity

kip_la-old
August 21st, 2008, 17:17
The boyfriend and I went to Samui last May for a few days. We flew Bangkok Air from BKK and then continued on to Krabi. I'm not sure about travel from Pattaya. The Samui Airport is a beautiful, open-air structure with comfortable seating and complimentary food and beverages while you are waiting for outbound flights. I believe it is privately owned. Samui is not the place to go if you are looking for lots of gay nightlife and gogo bars.

We stayed at Chaweng Guesthouse at the recommendation of my bf. It is located in the South Chaweng area. The room was clean and super cheap, but nothing special. I think I paid about 800 baht a night for a double bed with small fridge, TV, and AC. The bathroom was decent and the shower was big (no bathtub). They have cheaper rooms but the bathrooms are not in-room. They have internet (for fee) but no breakfast. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. I would not recommend the Chaweng Guesthouse unless you are on a tight budget. This is not the place to stay if you want a quiet, resort hotel with services, restaurant, swimming pool, or beach views.

The Chaweng Guesthouse is a short walk to the beach. It's also in the same location as the few gay venues. In fact, they are right outside your door...convenient but it can be noisy until 2 am. The Boy Zone is a nice bar with a few dance shows every night. The working boys there were very friendly and sweet. I didn't see a system for offing the boys (no mamasan or numbers on the boys) but the bf said he thought most of them were available to play for pay after the show. Directly across from Boy Zone is the Male Box bar and dance club. They also have shows but since I was there during low season the place was usually void of customers. We had more fun dancing at a very popular, mostly straight, after-hours club nearby (sorry I forget the name).

The beach in Chaweng was nice but be prepared to have the usual parade of vendors hawking food and souvenirs. If you want a more quiet and secluded beach, you may want to stay in a different area of Samui or rent a motorbike and explore. We motorbiked to the Namuang Waterfall in the Lamai Beach area (south of Chaweng). It's was a nice place to swim and cool off. If you are in Samui at the right time of the month you may want to experience the full moon party on nearby Pha Ngan Island. It's mostly the straight backpacker crowd but I went with my bf and some of his friends and we had a great time.

Cheers...Kip

lonelywombat
August 21st, 2008, 19:20
Bangkok Airways flies from U Tapao (airport close to Pattaya) to Koh Samui.

I have flown this a number of times . The morning flight from Phuket stops at Koh Samui on route to U Tapao.

I would suggest you arrange a taxi to meet as the bus takes a long time. If you are new to Pattaya , the taxi to get you to your hotel is wise

Use the search function for Koh Samui note the spelling

also check out this site, very helpful

http://www.gaykohsamui.net/

you could also subscribe [send blank message]to
gaykohsamui-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

markie1
August 21st, 2008, 20:31
Bangkok Airways flies from U Tapao (airport close to Pattaya) to Koh Samui.ok great that might be the answer

billyhouston
August 22nd, 2008, 04:51
..... and if you don't like being ripped off by Bangkok Airways, fly to Surat Thani and then take the ferry from Don Sak. It's more scenic.

August 22nd, 2008, 13:44
..... and if you don't like being ripped off by Bangkok Airways, fly to Surat Thani and then take the ferry from Don Sak. It's more scenic.It's little gems like this that keep me from wondering what the poor people are doing

markie1
August 22nd, 2008, 17:27
The boyfriend and I went to Samui last May for a few days. We flew Bangkok Air from BKK and then continued on to Krabi. I'm not sure about travel from Pattaya. The Samui Airport is a beautiful, open-air structure with comfortable seating and complimentary food and beverages while you are waiting for outbound flights. I believe it is privately owned. Samui is not the place to go if you are looking for lots of gay nightlife and gogo bars.

We stayed at Chaweng Guesthouse at the recommendation of my bf. It is located in the South Chaweng area. The room was clean and super cheap, but nothing special. I think I paid about 800 baht a night for a double bed with small fridge, TV, and AC. The bathroom was decent and the shower was big (no bathtub). They have cheaper rooms but the bathrooms are not in-room. They have internet (for fee) but no breakfast. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. I would not recommend the Chaweng Guesthouse unless you are on a tight budget. This is not the place to stay if you want a quiet, resort hotel with services, restaurant, swimming pool, or beach views.

The Chaweng Guesthouse is a short walk to the beach. It's also in the same location as the few gay venues. In fact, they are right outside your door...convenient but it can be noisy until 2 am. The Boy Zone is a nice bar with a few dance shows every night. The working boys there were very friendly and sweet. I didn't see a system for offing the boys (no mamasan or numbers on the boys) but the bf said he thought most of them were available to play for pay after the show. Directly across from Boy Zone is the Male Box bar and dance club. They also have shows but since I was there during low season the place was usually void of customers. We had more fun dancing at a very popular, mostly straight, after-hours club nearby (sorry I forget the name).

The beach in Chaweng was nice but be prepared to have the usual parade of vendors hawking food and souvenirs. If you want a more quiet and secluded beach, you may want to stay in a different area of Samui or rent a motorbike and explore. We motorbiked to the Namuang Waterfall in the Lamai Beach area (south of Chaweng). It's was a nice place to swim and cool off. If you are in Samui at the right time of the month you may want to experience the full moon party on nearby Pha Ngan Island. It's mostly the straight backpacker crowd but I went with my bf and some of his friends and we had a great time.

Cheers...KipOk great all done ,i did actaully book the flight from Pataya,has i have never flown from there so thats good ,and i got a great deal on a hotel through www.wotit.com (http://www.wotit.com) , staying at the trendy AKWA guest house hotel in the Amazing penthouse, so should be fun .
thansk for all the ifo.

markie1
August 22nd, 2008, 17:29

Cheers...KipOk great all done ,i did actaully book the flight from Pataya,has i have never flown from there so thats good ,and i got a great deal on a hotel through www.wotit.com (http://www.wotit.com) , staying at the trendy AKWA guest house hotel in the Amazing penthouse, so should be fun .
thansk for all the ifo.Whoops the web address was www.wotif.com (http://www.wotif.com) great rates on the above hotel.

TrongpaiExpat
August 22nd, 2008, 19:23
I was last in Samui about 4-5 years ago. We're planing a trip there for this Oct.

I also am booked at the AKWA guest house. Last time we stayed at Little Place but I did not want to spend that much on a room this time and I am not sure that Wolf, the owner, is still there. If he is, he has to be 80 years old.

I had a lot of trouble booking AKWA, the owner does not answer the phone and was vague on some questions I had.

Last time we flew in Bangkok Air but this time we want to first spend some time at Khao Sok National Park, Surat Thani and will then take the boat from Don Sak. Flying Nok air to Surat Thani and picking up a car from Budget.

I had an acquaintance that opened a gay bar on Samui on my last visit. That bar closed about a year ago. I lost track of the guy, I know he had some BF problems but not sure what happen to the bar.

kip_la-old
August 23rd, 2008, 14:02
I received some PM's for additional information for Chaweng Guesthouse. I don't believe they have a website (remember it's not a fancy place).

I don't have the exact address either but the websites for Male Box and Boy Zone have good maps and the Guest House is in the same plaza (the front desk/lobby is at the far end of the plaza).

http://www.maleboxsamui.com/mbmap.html

http://www.boyzonesamui.com/map.htm

You can actually see some of the second story rooms in a photo on the Male Box website (buildings with red tile roof and air conditioners below the windows).

The actual name of the place is "BANN CHAWENG INTER TRAVEL AND GUEST HOUSE"

The phone numbers listed on my receipt are 66-077-230-610 and 66-089-729-3405.

Unless you are visiting during high season, I don't believe reservations are necessary.

Hope this helps.

Cheers...Kip

paulg
August 23rd, 2008, 16:29
This is a place i have not visited yet and i am thinking about going there for a few days in September,,can any one recommend it ,a nice hotel that is clean and not over priced ,where is the best area to stay in ,what is the best way of transportation to get there from pataya,is it better to Fly from BKK with Thai airways . Feed back will be appreciated .
many thanks

I was searching for info on Amsterdam Cabaret and found this thread. I plan to visit after the rainy season and Amsterdam is a favourite
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... oh%20samui (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/amsterdam-cabaret-in-koh-samui-any-info-t6494.html?highlight=koh%20samui)

RonanTheBarbarian
August 24th, 2008, 01:24
I wonder is this guesthouse connected with "Baan Chaweng Inter Travel"? (note the spelling - 'Baan' rather than 'Bann')

There is a bit about it here:

www.hotfrog.in.th/Companies/Baan-Chaweng-Inter-Travel (http://www.hotfrog.in.th/Companies/Baan-Chaweng-Inter-Travel)

Seems to be in roughly the same area in Chaweng.

Would I be right in assuming kip-la, that it is joiner friendly?

kip_la-old
August 26th, 2008, 13:46
Yes RTB...I believe I stated before that the full name of the place is "BANN CHAWENG INTER TRAVEL AND GUEST HOUSE". The link appears to be the same travel/hotel company because the telephone and fax numbers (t: 6677 422 153 f: 6677 230 987) match my receipt, but I believe this is a direct line for the "inter-travel" part of this company. They should be able to get you in touch with reservations for the guest house. My receipt lists the hotel telephone number as 077-230610 (probably 6677230610 with country prefix if calling from outside of Thailand).

The address looks accurate: 45/10 Moo3 Chaweng Beach Road, Koh Samui, 84320. I suppose one could try the email link if telephone contacts are not successful.

Regarding joiner fees....it's not an issue at this place. The front desk is in a building at the far end of the plaza and many of the rooms are in another building in the middle of the plaza, with its own entrance (up one flight of stairs - no lift). I suppose this could be a security issue for some as there is no one really watching who is coming and going but you and your "visitors" will not be stopped or be required to show identification.

Kip

markie1
August 26th, 2008, 20:47
any one stayed at the akwa Guest house in kho samui,in there penthouse apartments

August 26th, 2008, 22:18
I suppose this could be a security issue for some

Are there New Sawatdee Members walking around there? That COULD be dangerous! (hahaha)

colmx
October 4th, 2008, 02:54
Just a little bump on this one...

I think I remember David in Pattaya (or possibly Boxer) talking about taking an overnight cruise that they took from Laem Chabang to Ko Samui

Does anyone know if this cruise still goes?
If so any details?

Thanks in advance!

thanatorn-old
October 4th, 2008, 05:22
I am planning on staying at Wonderworld guest house in Samui in December - off dreaded ned links: - Has anyone stayed there, or any feedback at all on this B&B - thanks.

October 4th, 2008, 11:22
I have lived on Samui for 5 years and I have never heard of such a "cruise". Laem Chabang looks like a cargo port to me so I am sure there are ships heading south down the Gulf of Thailand which you could stow away on. When you get to the correct latitude you could jump ship or lower a life raft. The wind and tide is sure to carry you to land eventually. Seriously though, the only overnight boat I am aware of is form Surat Thani town to Koh Tao. This is mainly cargo but there are communal matresses on covered deck where locals and pack packers sleep overnight.

October 4th, 2008, 11:25
From Pattaya best to fly Satahip to Samui I think. This will save the travel up to Bangkok. This route is only available with Bangkok Airways. There web site is easy to use and book on-line. When in Samui you would check out Rainbow-Scuba and Tours.

October 4th, 2008, 11:28
I have not stayed there myself but I have inspeced the property and the rooms and penthouse in particular are very nice.

lonelywombat
October 4th, 2008, 17:04
From Pattaya best to fly Satahip to Samui I think. This will save the travel up to Bangkok. This route is only available with Bangkok Airways. There web site is easy to use and book on-line. When in Samui you would check out Rainbow-Scuba and Tours.

I am confused about flying from Satahip Is the airfield UTapao If so I have done this trip from Kohsamui to Utapao,
Phuket to KohSamui and the direct flight Phuket to U Tapao. I believe the morning flights each way are via Kohsamui and the afternoon flights are Phuket direct to Utapao

try www.bangkokair.com (http://www.bangkokair.com)

Wesley
October 4th, 2008, 18:27
If you wish a honda motorcycle parts canada the wet mud. {etc.}I see Wesley has a new identity

Lol how funny, I would have never thought you would have been bright enough to catch that one.

Wes

rainbow33
March 21st, 2013, 14:23
Hi,

I live near Laemchabang. Yes, it is mostly a Cargo Port.
But many times a cruise ship will anchor there, mostly for 2 nights
as this harbour is close enough to Pattaya (20 km) and Bangkok (100 km)

See what ships anchor there at
http://www.fleetmon.com/en/ports/Laem_Chabang_9912

As I write this the Balmoral , registered in the Bahamas, is there

These ships may head further to Vietnam or Southern Thailand

I have lived on Samui for 5 years and I have never heard of such a "cruise". Laem Chabang looks like a cargo port to me so I am sure there are ships heading south down the Gulf of Thailand which you could stow away on. When you get to the correct latitude you could jump ship or lower a life raft. The wind and tide is sure to carry you to land eventually. Seriously though, the only overnight boat I am aware of is form Surat Thani town to Koh Tao. This is mainly cargo but there are communal matresses on covered deck where locals and pack packers sleep overnight.