PDA

View Full Version : Do Trolls Suffer From A Mental Illness?

TrongpaiExpat
August 20th, 2008, 14:38
Every school yard has a bully. He seeks out other children to sling insults and then gets some satisfaction from both the act uttering the slur and the reaction from the victim. This satisfaction or rush gets addictive and only gets corrected by some negative reinforcement such by a right cross to the jaw or other less direct social/legal sanctions.

Then along comes Internet message board and he can go back to the original school yard behavior under the cover of being anonymous.

Probably a personality disorder and or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, OCD.

To varying degrees we all get can get some satisfaction from telling some one off that we think deserves it. The Al Pachino, "No, your out of order" syndrome, but most of us keep it under social controls and don't constantly look to be confrontational.

August 20th, 2008, 15:03
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Joe_M01/99_1.jpg

Some appear quite happy at times.

Khor tose
August 20th, 2008, 19:27
Narcissistic Personality Disorder
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:[1]

has a grandiose sense of self-importance
is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
believes that he or she is "special" and unique
requires excessive admiration
has a sense of entitlement
is inter-personally exploitative
lacks empathy
is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

August 22nd, 2008, 10:14
Take a look at the NY times article posted a few weeks back by Kittyboy

www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/nytimes-article-on-trolls-and-the-internet-t15494.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/nytimes-article-on-trolls-and-the-internet-t15494.html)

As I thought, these "trolls" are just people with various neurotic personality problems. The internet gives them a place to safely (read: anonymously) vent. If they tried to behave this way in the real world they would be shunned - or punched in the nose.

August 22nd, 2008, 10:31
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:[1]

is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
lacks empathy

Whatever do you mean, you silly little man.

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 22nd, 2008, 10:31
I'm quite sure I suffer from mental illnesses but I'm not sure that masturbating should be considered such an abhorrrent action (except perhaps in a smelly room).

It is as much fun as one can have on one's own (albeit however brief it is).

I'm reminded of the hugely fascinating account of journalist William Donaldson's 18 months of living ( when on his uppers) in a Chelsea brothel-All the Ladies & The Gentleman- during which time he concluded that masturbation was , in the end, the most worthwhile sexual activity.

Indeed-onanism - is now an activity increasingly proudly procaimed as one's interests by young gays on internet chat rooms and boards, particularly in East Europe where sexual hangups don't carry the usual British inhibitions.

nb: William Donaldson also created the funny Henry Root letters..written to numerous public officials and politicians such as Margaret Thatcher whereby the fish merchant Henry Root would invariably enclose a one pound donation to some cause with an outlandish request..and the official would genuinley reply. Hilarious stuff !

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 22nd, 2008, 13:27
Judging by some of the posts made by our resident trolls, I believe that they must be suffering from personalty disorders, or some other kind of mental illness. Perhaps their only sexual gratification is confined to masturbating in their lonely, smelly little rooms.

furthermore-I draw your attention to lubetube.com ..where many a young lad ( let me re-phrase that less the Glitter Effect kicks in)..young men , regularly post little videos of themselves wacking off..many in what look like decidely smelly rooms..as is the wont of the young.

One wonders- are they getting as big a kick as the kick, those watching them are getting ? :geek:

is it an added thrill that at any moment-Mum may barge in and demand that smelly room be immediately cleansed ?

I think it is to be encouraged.

Aunty
August 22nd, 2008, 14:43

lacks empathy

That's Beryl! What I haven't worked out yet is whether this is a discreet personality disorder in him, or wether it is coupled to a far broader frank mental illness, bipolar disorder. I'm increasingly thinking it is. You will notice sometimes he is somnolent to the point of being silent on the board (depressive phase) and at other times there is an avalanche of posts from him, 6-7 in a row that have a hypomanic feel to them. (The manic phase). Either way, heтАЩs just a ranting nutjob.

August 22nd, 2008, 14:50
I am reminded of one of my dear departed grandmother's sayings ... a skunk smells it's own hole first.

Aunty
August 22nd, 2008, 14:55
is it an added thrill that at any moment-Mum may barge in and demand that smelly room be immediately cleansed ?

What's that then, Doris? Immediately cleansing the pungent, a young man lives here, room, or Mum barging in?

By the way I have many neuroses, and I enjoy every single one of them! :cheers:

Aunty
August 22nd, 2008, 15:01
I am reminded of one of my dear departed grandmother's sayings ... a skunk smells it's own hole first.

Oh, and pray tell, did you manage to type that with your mouth closed for a changed?? What a fucking moron. Why is it that there are so many of you guys who post to this board. What is it about this place that endlessly attracts you losers??? Or is it something about Thailand that just attracts your type of garbage?

! am sick to death of you losers.

Brad the Impala
August 22nd, 2008, 15:18

Oh, and pray tell, did you manage to type that with your mouth closed for a changed?? What a fucking moron. Why is it that there are so many of you guys who post to this board. What is it about this place that endlessly attracts you losers??? Or is it something about Thailand that just attracts your type of garbage?

! am sick to death of you losers.

Yet you keep coming back to entertain us with your venom!

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 22nd, 2008, 15:27

What's that then, Doris? Immediately cleansing the pungent, a young man lives here, room, or Mum barging in?

By the way I have many neuroses, and I enjoy every single one of them! :cheers:

no-the wacking off of course.

(The maid will clean up the mess.)

August 22nd, 2008, 15:37
Dear old Aunty ... The world renowned, peer reviewed sheep shagger. Loves to dish it out but can't take.

"What is it about this place that endlessly attracts you losers"

As the boards preeminent loser no doubt you will enlighten us all.

In the mean time take a Valium and calm your gay nerves.

August 22nd, 2008, 17:07
Dear old Aunty ... The world renowned, peer reviewed sheep shagger. Loves to dish it out but can't take.Sadly as the prospect of the Nobel Prize fades, poor Tourette just can't help taking it out on those she regards as lesser mortals

Smiles
August 23rd, 2008, 00:49
" ... What a fucking moron . . . What is it about this place that endlessly attracts you losers??? ... "
Hmmmm ... 1512 total posts by Aunty.
Hmmm ... that makes you Aunty #13 on the list of highest number of posts on Sawatdee, out of 1167 registered users. That's more hot air farted onto the pages here than 1154 of them. Definitely sounds like an endless attraction to me.

Cheers ...