PDA

View Full Version : utube video poll?

giggsy
August 20th, 2008, 08:54
is it just me being a stupid old queer or can anyone else watch this video without being reduced to a blubbering crying inconsolable pathetic pitiful wretch
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=bEmn3caSG ... re=related (http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=bEmn3caSGvs&feature=related)

giggsy
August 20th, 2008, 09:28
does any of you thailand residents know what "gan lae gan" or "gun lae gun" means in english -i asked my thai sister in law and she couldn,t explain in english properly

and can "el duo" learn this song before october i would love to hear them sing it when i come for my next holiday-in english or thai or even in Filipino

August 20th, 2008, 09:54
cant you see the english subtitles? means - there for each other?

have you seen the whole movie? Its great and you will blub more lol

you can get in on the torrent sites and all my thai friends have seen it and can sing the song - they love it.

Beachlover
August 20th, 2008, 10:02
I just get horny looking at the cute boys

But yeah... I see there's an emotional side to it. The main character is very cute and special... the kind of boy I could easily fall deeply in love with

I have to admit, I'm falling in love with Thailand as a country. There are many beautiful things about it.

I find it interesting, that even when boys are doing things, which their parents would never approve of, they still have this strong innate desire to please their parents, by sending money back to them, or whatever else they can do. I love finding out about where boys are from... they seem to travel from all sorts of little corners of Thailand, but always go back home to visit.

giggsy
August 20th, 2008, 10:04
gan lae gan - there for each other ?

Beachlover
August 20th, 2008, 10:04
Seeing the movie might make me teary...

Beachlover
August 20th, 2008, 10:10
The ending scene is nice... I like their expressions. The expressions and mannerisms of the boy on the right (green shirt) are so much like many Thai boys. I wonder where they get it from?

I could definitely fall in love with him...

August 20th, 2008, 10:14
I find it interesting, that even when boys are doing things, which their parents would never approve of, they still have this strong innate desire to please their parents, by sending money back to them, or whatever else they can doThailand has no social security or other safety net but (ask Dek Wat) has nothing to learn from the West

zinzone
August 20th, 2008, 10:35
This is a beautiful and inspirational video, well done to giggsy for posting it!

Beachlover
August 20th, 2008, 14:06
You can see the whole movie on youtube... just search love of siam part 1 (there are 17 parts).

I skimmed through it... but was a bit too quick so didn't understand some things:

So both Mew and Tong came out right?

How did Mew's band find out he was gay?

Why couldn't Tong be Mew's boyfriend in the end? Because of Tong's resposibilities to his family? Mew's commitments to his band? Because Tong needs to start a family etc?

August 20th, 2008, 17:35
Really nice, would love to see the film.

More and more I wish I could speak/understand Thai.