PDA

View Full Version : Throb Name Change

lonelywombat
August 18th, 2008, 13:44
Is is correct that Throb/Splash is changing its name to Copa?

Not is but, has changed All the signs outside are Copa. The new stage is now being built in the space between the old stage and the front of the old swimming area. The area of the old stage and the seating along the far wall are closed.
I think the height of the new stage is to fit the speakers underneath

The shows that I have seen are still mature ladyboy lip synch with 4 backing "dancers" I use that word tongue in cheek

The finale the other night was all 8 dancers plus 3 stars on stage for a lengthy latin beat number, which was easy on the eye.
The boys looked enthusiastic, but not challenged Thankfully they have put their dog,monkey act to rest .

There seems to be a lot of unused space behind the stage and only time will tell what that is for

TrongpaiExpat
August 18th, 2008, 13:59

So are we to assume your on a Pattaya visit? If so, we (Royal) expect a few reports with interesting details, subjective or objective, up to you.

August 18th, 2008, 15:01

Check the listings in: thailandscene.com (http://www.thailandscene.com/pattaya/wheretogogo.shtml) or dragoncastle.net (http://www.dragoncastle.net/)
Some people say that the man who own those sites often posts here!!!
If the listings are not up to date they surely will be soon ....

August 18th, 2008, 15:40
I'll be sure to have a look...but I think my question has already been answered.I've always assumed it was a bar for water sports ie. golden showers, and so on. Will this aspect change? Isn't there, after all, a word like "copa" that deals with dead bodies - perhaps it will become a bar where you can "off" a dead boy for a spot of necrophilia? One of the advantages of big cities is that you can find every taste catered for; I didn't realise this attribute had spread to Pattaya

thrillbill
August 18th, 2008, 16:49
As an aside, a Thai friend who works for an airline was in Jomtien for a company meeting. He had never been to Pattaya before. A colleague took him to th Cafe Royale to eat. He tells me that while eating, he was approached by four different farangs in the space of 30 minutes, all of whom asked the same question, phrased in different ways; "How much for a short time?". He said it made him feel sick, and now hates Pattaya.[/quote]
A few years ago this happened to my Filipino friend and now my Thai BF, both good looking being approached (out of no where) with a conversation from some "over the hill farang" that ends up assuming they're money boys. Do farangs think every good looking Asian is a prostititute? ...And would they do the same in their own country? (NO)

August 18th, 2008, 16:56
Do farangs think every good looking Asian is a prostititute? ...And would they do the same in their own country? (NO)What a sheltered life you must lead, thrillbill. An Australian millionaire friend of mine who chats on gay.com in Sydney pretty much asks every boy he fancies what their price is. He doesn't get that many knock-backs!!

August 18th, 2008, 17:12
"All men are prostitutes and all prostitutes are bisexual" Leonard Cohen

August 18th, 2008, 17:18
The word "sounds like copa" that was nagging at the back of my mind was coprophilia and is even more apposite if Splash is about golden showers and other water sports. At least they're maintaining the same theme - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coprophilia

August 18th, 2008, 20:09
As an aside, a Thai friend who works for an airline was in Jomtien for a company meeting. He had never been to Pattaya before. A colleague took him to th Cafe Royale to eat. He tells me that while eating, he was approached by four different farangs in the space of 30 minutes, all of whom asked the same question, phrased in different ways; "How much for a short time?". He said it made him feel sick, and now hates Pattaya.
A few years ago this happened to my Filipino friend and now my Thai BF, both good looking being approached (out of no where) with a conversation from some "over the hill farang" that ends up assuming they're money boys. Do farangs think every good looking Asian is a prostititute? ...And would they do the same in their own country? (NO)

It's an easy mistake for farangs to make considering that the Asian boy(s) were in a well known gay hang out in a solid gay for pay area; sited in probably the biggest whore-town in the region. They should be flattered not insulted that the farang thought them good looking enough to offer them a short time job instead of one of those beauties we have all seen on the stages of boyztown. Tell them to get over it and get real.

Everyone has a price (remember the Robert Redford film 'Indecent Proposal'?) ... mine has just gone up 20 Baht because of the taxi fares. What would those 'decent' Thai and Filipino boys have said if the farang had actually offered 1 million bucks in the same way as Demi Moore was offered in that film?

August 18th, 2008, 20:37
Everyone has a price (remember the Robert Redford film 'Indecent Proposal'?) ... mine has just gone up 20 Baht because of the taxi fares. What would those 'decent' Thai and Filipino boys have said if the farang had actually offered 1 million bucks in the same way as Demi Moore was offered in that film?I had an interesting online chat earlier today which in summary was "I'm not a money boy but if you're having a threesome and the other boy is a money boy then you can pay me what you're paying him". Oh and Chao Na was also online and I suggested to another "not a money boy" that perhaps he could address his attentions in that direction

August 18th, 2008, 22:04
Oh and Chao Na was also online and I suggested to another "not a money boy" that perhaps he could address his attentions in that direction

Must have been my evil twin. I was busy making a living all day today.

markie1
August 18th, 2008, 22:13
As an aside, a Thai friend who works for an airline was in Jomtien for a company meeting. He had never been to Pattaya before. A colleague took him to th Cafe Royale to eat. He tells me that while eating, he was approached by four different farangs in the space of 30 minutes, all of whom asked the same question, phrased in different ways; "How much for a short time?". He said it made him feel sick, and now hates Pattaya.
A few years ago this happened to my Filipino friend and now my Thai BF, both good looking being approached (out of no where) with a conversation from some "over the hill farang" that ends up assuming they're money boys. Do farangs think every good looking Asian is a prostititute? ...And would they do the same in their own country? (NO)[/quote]

This has also happened to my Boy friend also ,who is not on the game in pataya or thailand come to that , while sitting in panarama one night he went to the loo and was offered a Telephone number by a forang,and was told to contact him ,why does every body think just becuase you are with a thai boy friend in pataya they are all on the game , we go there to see friends and do enjoy having the occational drink in some of the bars there also . Not all Thai boys are Bar boys or on the game . YES you are right there is a large percentage that are ,but dont class every body has a freelancer just because they visit Pataya.

August 19th, 2008, 09:36
In my better days (yesterday), when a boys asked me if he could sleep with me, I always answered: OK, that'll be THB 2,500......farang more expensive than Thaiboy.

August 19th, 2008, 10:05
Yes its Copa - in bright red and yellow signage.

August 24th, 2008, 09:11
I have a Thai friend that lives in the US and we were talking about Thai men in general. He remarked that he thought that all Thai men were at least a little bit gay. He was only half kidding.