PDA

View Full Version : more el duo

August 17th, 2008, 10:59
I went to Cafe royale last night to take another look at the boys and I must say they are very talented and lovely to watch. There was a good enough crowd but for a Saturday night I thought it might be bigger. I hope their tenure at the venue lasts as it is refreshing to have something to go and see apart from the usual drag and mime shows. So come on guys get out there and give some support to the lads. (I claim no vested interest)

August 19th, 2008, 19:18
Looks like no more el duo here.
here one pic I did last Saturday
Will go there tonight again and to Wild West Boys show too.

Beachlover
August 19th, 2008, 19:34
They add to the retirement village feel of the place.... not saying this is a bad thing

thrillbill
August 19th, 2008, 20:41
...can't they sing without their shirts and gyrate a bit?

lonelywombat
August 19th, 2008, 20:56
...can't they sing without their shirts and gyrate a bit?

I think they need to contrast their act more with Toi the resident singer

ATM they are dragging in the mature aged expat with their seventies music. It needs more excitement

thrillbill
August 19th, 2008, 22:25
--can't any of these "shows' be geared towards a more younger crowd..not all of us are of the retired age in LOS.
I like to drop in BoyzBoyz Boyz just for the music (and to fantasize while looking at the beef on stage) but once the show starts with all the old musical crap and moon lighting Tiffinies goofies moving around on stage with their plastic smiles, I pay my bill and strut out of there...not my scene. Give me the show at DJ's any day where they REHEARSE their numbers before the show and sing to current tunes or...old favorites.

yedo111
August 20th, 2008, 07:09
--can't any of these "shows' be geared towards a more younger crowd..not all of us are of the retired age in LOS.
I like to drop in BoyzBoyz Boyz just for the music (and to fantasize while looking at the beef on stage) but once the show starts with all the old musical crap and moon lighting Tiffinies goofies moving around on stage with their plastic smiles, I pay my bill and strut out of there...not my scene. Give me the show at DJ's any day where they REHEARSE their numbers before the show and sing to current tunes or...old favorites.

So true , there's too many old farangs around , what about us, the younger generation , I'm really bored of the same Pattaya shows every week , only places that I feel at home in Pattaya are discos like XRAY or Dude Club.
But nothing can compare with DJ station.

Beachlover
August 20th, 2008, 07:17
All the shows I saw in Pattaya were crap... except Wild West Boys, which was ok and Copa Bar... which was ok.

Boyz boyz boyz show was horrible.

E Duo at Cafe Royale made me cringe.

There was this show bar at Sunee (I think it was Topmans? ) which was absolutely terrible... the owner got up and lipsinched but didn't know the words... German, I think he was pissed.

Krazy Dragaon... I don't remember, but I did go to it and remember being very annoyed the bloody pillars were blocking most of the view!

Wesley
August 20th, 2008, 07:27

I must say I agree, for me its the 80's and 90's. If it's international I like most all of it even up to yesterday. If it has a good beat I care less if its in Russian or English or Thai. I don't understand Thai but I acquired a taste for it when I was there several years in a row. Then I fell in love with a guy from my same apartment complex and missed Thailand for a while. I'm back with a vengeance. I can only hope I run into Homitern while in Bangkok.

Wes

August 20th, 2008, 19:36
Ones wealth should increase in direct proportion to ones age so that ones attractiveness remains constant (unknown)

August 23rd, 2008, 05:07
With toni or without toni on this forum - EL DUO will be still a popular topic. Even for the guys who dont like them they will find there entertainment here and get the chance to write down there funny coments.
What have toni done to get banned from this forum? He is right when he said he never mention any name on this forum. But this George can do anything he want and telling all company names and person by name and blame toni for the damage?
There is an other George - his name is George W. Bush he is same stupid. Congratulation Sawatdee Gay Thailand

Smiles
August 23rd, 2008, 09:55
Has he been banned? Do you know for sure?

Snoopy, you're an idiot. The 'controversy' on this Board surrounding El Duo was NOT about disliking them, nor thinking their music and singing is good or no good. Try and get this through your thick head: the issue here was always all about Toni and his continual and ridiculous touting of El Duo. Toni did El Duo much more harm than good ... at least on this Board.

I have no idea whether he is banned or not, but if so, good riddance. If not, then let him post away about what he wants ... he has zero credibility anyway.
And good luck to El Duo: they'll need it after nearly being destroyed (here at least) by the stupidities of Toni and his crew.

Cheers ...

August 23rd, 2008, 10:10
Snoopy is obviously one of toni's aliases. The same gushing, the same third-grade English, the same lack of logical thought processes. Why is he still here?

August 23rd, 2008, 11:18
"the same third-grade English, the same lack of logical thought processes. Why is he still here?". It hasn't stopped you.

markie1
August 23rd, 2008, 11:29
i am sorry i can not agree with you there , i think personally BOYZ BOYZ BOYZ[ put on a great show ,if they did not it certainly would not be busy in there at midnight when the show starts,wild west boys show is also good ,many good dancers there ,can not comment on topman because i have not been in that bar a for a few yeras ,El Duo i have not seen yet ,but what i have herad and read they seem to be pretty good also.
You just seem so negative with your comments,What shows are you looking for???

quote="Beachlover"]All the shows I saw in Pattaya were crap... except Wild West Boys, which was ok and Copa Bar... which was ok.

Boyz boyz boyz show was horrible.

E Duo at Cafe Royale made me cringe.

There was this show bar at Sunee (I think it was Topmans? ) which was absolutely terrible... the owner got up and lipsinched but didn't know the words... German, I think he was pissed.

Krazy Dragaon... I don't remember, but I did go to it and remember being very annoyed the bloody pillars were blocking most of the view![/quote]

August 23rd, 2008, 11:46
Snoopy is obviously one of toni's aliases. The same gushing, the same third-grade English, the same lack of logical thought processes. Why is he still here?

Same reason as you CN. Moderator fatigue.

August 23rd, 2008, 11:47
"the same third-grade English, the same lack of logical thought processes. Why is he still here?". It hasn't stopped you.

Is this the best put-down you could come up? Talk about third grade.

Anyway, have I said something to offend you? Come on, get it off your chest.

Brad the Impala
August 23rd, 2008, 14:59
You have said something to offend everyone at one time or another. It is intrinsic in your posting and a factor in your entertainment value.

August 23rd, 2008, 16:20
Last Thursday was Cafe Royal the only busy bar in Boyztown. There must be a reason for. Maybe El Duo?
Cheers Chao Na - still happy that El Duo is in one way also your entertainment.

August 23rd, 2008, 16:38
"Is this the best put-down you could come up? Talk about third grade." Would third grade Latin help?

August 24th, 2008, 10:25
Was there last night
many people there
good and professional entertainment
2 very nice and good looking guys

paulg
August 24th, 2008, 13:44
Was there last night[sat]
many people there
good and professional entertainment
2 very nice and good looking guys

I just posted the following to Ting Tong to an over the top poster

toni6969 wrote:
Cafe Royal was tonight [sat]all night long full untill El Duo stoped singing. Always about 30 - 35 people in. Was a nice show and have nothing to do with lady boys 100%. paulg: call it as promotion for El Duo but they deserve it.
Was a good night with good friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went [sat] for the last set to see if they lifted their pace from the early shows. I saw 4 females sitting at the bar and counted 14 at the tables. The females left the bar and went and sat next to the stage for the last 4 numbers. If you were there with friends and you are on a regular basis, it suggests the expat gay population is not being supportive.

The boys are good entertainers but rely on the autocue to read lyrics. Only towards the end did they show they were entertainers not just singers. Their sets are too one paced

August 24th, 2008, 23:21
sorry paul but maybe you counted for sure the last 3 or 4 songs but Cafe Royal was full.
I not going there to count the guests but I also not understand your target here.
If toni is not posting here why you bother us with his posting on other forums? Do you miss him and his post here or bring away the attention from EL DUO? So that's why you searching for his post somewhere else?

August 24th, 2008, 23:30
How many aliases does this guy have, for Christ's sakes? Don't the moderators know how to check an IP address?

August 24th, 2008, 23:55
How many aliases does this guy have, for Christ's sakes? Don't the moderators know how to check an IP address?

If they would know what would you do without any forum.
Maybe we are all some toni's but there is only one sick stupid Chao Na with the record to be ignored by most of the members here. Are you proud on that?

August 25th, 2008, 00:05
Hmmmm...you don't seem to be ignoring me, so I guess that makes you the dumb one, doesn't it, toni?

August 25th, 2008, 01:29

if they did you would be outa here!

Smiles
August 25th, 2008, 04:46
They do know all the Members IP addresses. It's probably the main checkup device a Mod or Admin has on a message board ... most other info about Members is firewalled even from the Members. That's certainly the way it was on the EZBoard version of Sawatdee, and I'm fairly certain this phpBBB-style Board is pretty much the same.

IP addresses are not full proof however. They can be hidden by proxies (somehow ... no idea how that works) and also many posters here use internet cafes, especially when they are in Thailand, which is a problem, as banning someone by IP address alone means possibly banning many others as well. Collateral damage, and hardly acceptable.
IP addresses mainly give the Admin an idea as to the area/country where the poster is located at any given time.

ElephantSpike, to his credit, rarely bans a Member. Except for spam bots, obvious 1st-post newbie trolls, and the multiple handles of Boygeenyus, I'll bet he can count on the fingers of one hand the number of members he's banned over the years.
Cheers ...

August 25th, 2008, 07:12
They do know all the Members IP addresses. It's probably the main checkup device a Mod or Admin has on a message board ... most other info about Members is firewalled even from the Members. That's certainly the way it was on the EZBoard version of Sawatdee, and I'm fairly certain this phpBBB-style Board is pretty much the same.

IP addresses are not full proof however. They can be hidden by proxies (somehow ... no idea how that works) and also many posters here use internet cafes, especially when they are in Thailand, which is a problem, as banning someone by IP address alone means possibly banning many others as well. Collateral damage, and hardly acceptable.
IP addresses mainly give the Admin an idea as to the area/country where the poster is located at any given time.

ElephantSpike, to his credit, rarely bans a Member. Except for spam bots, obvious 1st-post newbie trolls, and the multiple handles of Boygeenyus, I'll bet he can count on the fingers of one hand the number of members he's banned over the years.
Cheers ...

But if ElephantSpike would cound how often he deleted your stupid coments on this board he need many many hands more.
You are a profilneurotic - you think you need to give for everything a coment. You are so sick and I feel sorry for all the Thai guys you dealing with because they getting soon a Mr.Perfect Teacher back. But there you can see again how much you can compensate with money. Smiles I feel very sorry for you. You compared with Chao Na - In this case is Chao Na a real sympatic friend. And this means alot how worst you are.