PDA

View Full Version : soi 4 eatery

thrillbill
August 16th, 2008, 17:35
Bangkok: For a few months, the Greek Grill has been open next to the Telephone Bar on soi 4. Maybe my experience with Greek food is being compared to "spin offs" in Chicago, but the moussaka and chicken gyro I have eaten there have been a nice surprise. The restaurant is run just like the Greek restaurants I experienced in Athens, the owner basically sits around and bosses his workers instead of helping them. The service is a bit disorganized but maybe it was a bad night -twice?

August 16th, 2008, 18:03
tasty, though i did think that the slogan on the front of the shop "The Taste of Greece" was an unfortunate choice. they could lighten up on the salt too.
interestingly, a number of the female staff are filipino.

TrongpaiExpat
August 16th, 2008, 18:06
I tried it one and liked it. I had a Gyro and a Greek salad. It's a small place, the seating could be better but I did not have any issues with the service and I never noticed the owner.

interestingly, a number of the female staff are filipino
Oh, that's why she looked at me like I was nuts when I spoke to her in Thai.

thrillbill
August 16th, 2008, 21:38
[quote="TrongpaiExpat"]I tried it one and liked it. I had a Gyro and a Greek salad. It's a small place, the seating could be better but I did not have any issues with the service and I never noticed the owner.

The narrow place is limited in outdoor space for the four tables, then inside there is just an eating "shelf" to sit at; however, in the back upstairs there are a couple tables.