PDA

View Full Version : Scene Way from Silom

August 16th, 2008, 12:18
ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

August 16th, 2008, 17:20
Several years ago when I lived in Bangok, I made a couple visits to the Ramkamhang bars and had a GREAT time. Totally non-commercial young men (and a few older ones -- yum yum). Very very few farang there, so I understand dave_syd's (selfish? <g>) concern.

August 16th, 2008, 18:18
Seriously, fattman, why don't you just shut your great gaping pie hole?

TrongpaiExpat
August 16th, 2008, 18:20
Max magazine has a good map and most complete listing of the Phaholyotin-Ramkhumheang venues. Spice seems to ignore that area, Variety has a few adds, no maps and Thai Phun takes a limited stab at some listings.

yedo111
August 17th, 2008, 05:14
So why is this a secret ?
I've heard that most thais in this area are not interested in farangs.

Maybe its a lie , maybe its a paradise waiting to be explored.....

August 17th, 2008, 06:51
So why is this a secret ?
I've heard that most thais in this area are not interested in farangs.

Maybe its a lie , maybe its a paradise waiting to be explored.....

The reason its a secret is that its enjoyable because there are very few farang there.

Its not a lie, and no its not a paradise waiting to be explored. If you go there expecting attention from the Thai customers, you will be very disappointed. You would generally find groups of friends standing around drinking whiskey and talking, unless you have a group of Thai friends to go with you would stand out like dogs balls.

DeHaro-old
August 18th, 2008, 00:59
exactly what i experienced Dave. I had a very nice evening in Club Sake with a group of Thai friends. But alone...I was completely ignored and alone.

August 18th, 2008, 11:13
Seriously, fattman, why don't you just shut your great gaping pie hole?What is your problem Chao Na?You're trampling in what he regards as his own back yard - his private parts, you might say

August 18th, 2008, 23:24
... in Club Sake with ... ignored and alone.

I've stumbled alone at Sake a few times, cannot say that I was ignored.

It's been a while since the last romp to Ramkahaemg, Jatuchak, monument, the 'beach', ... . Maybe soon again.

What we talk about here is just the TIP of the iceberg, of course. Not only here but all of Asia. SSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Wesley
August 19th, 2008, 04:26
... in Club Sake with ... ignored and alone.

I've stumbled alone at Sake a few times, cannot say that I was ignored.

It's been a while since the last romp to Ramkahaemg, Jatuchak, monument, the 'beach', ... . Maybe soon again.

What we talk about here is just the TIP of the iceberg, of course. Not only here but all of Asia. SSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I agree, the best places I have ever been were places where I was the only white face, it does tend to get the interest of one or two. I have found though, if you have Asian friends and don't mind buying the bottle you can have a great time. The best nights I ever had were at places like Xzite with a table full of guys, some were offs and some just ask to join in after the boy bars closed. Its amazing who joins in with the fun and who comes home to play.

In the rest of Asia however I find that most guys are not for rent but often love to go out for free drinks and a bit of fun after the bar. I only drink when I am in Thailand usually and if I go to the bar its Corona imported as my favorite. I really don't care for whiskey of any kind. But all the better. I am sober when we get home and can enjoy myself instead of falling asleep. Russians like too much Vodka and aren't much fun, some of the Asians in the former Soviet states understand moderation. Indeed ssshhhhhhhhh. I would prefer this kind of place to the boy bars but its easy to find a boy then go out and find another or two.

No need Homiturd your on ignore forever. Don't waste your time. After all his one shot pot shots at most everyone I am sure no one takes him seriously any way. Once in a While posts so seldom I am sure I won't miss anything important from him either.

Wes

TrongpaiExpat
August 19th, 2008, 12:19
In another thread Wes asks how to get to Sunee from Boys Town and now he off to Ramkhumheang, good luck. will he ever return?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VMSGrY-IlU&feature=related

August 19th, 2008, 22:45
With any luck......no

TrongpaiExpat
August 20th, 2008, 15:47
With any luck......no

Now now now, do you know Wes?

One of my best friends is a very 'confused'. It's not an age thing, I have know him for many years but he's sometimes just out there in space. Every time I meet him he walks he just walks right past me. It's might be getting a little worse as he get older but it seems he was always like this. He is educated, had a good job and did well in life but was forever looking for his keys, walking the wrong way and is just generally confused.

I don't know Wes, he too might be a very nice guy too.

August 20th, 2008, 16:59
I am keenly interested in the non-commercial scene; bars and discos and pools and parks, librarys, courses etc. So if you can recommend places I'd love to hear about them, PM me please.

I went to Silom ONCE I found it very disappointing, perhaps I have been spoilt by Pattaya. I thought Silom an absolute waste of time. Mind you, a tout led me to a bar in a soi I would never remember (I usually do) and I met a nice young man.

I bought a bottle of whiskey when a few Thai guys and I went to a disco in Khorat, the whole night was a blast, felt like I'd been 'allowed in' for a moment and sensuality abounded, though sex was not thought of - nice.

I do understand the need for discretion. I believe that not only do us gay plonkers read and respond to this board, but so too do the Police and whoever else might be interested. Given the current climate in Sunny and even in Silom from what I can see and hear, and the general interest of the boys in brown, and others, wherever and whenever farang and Thai meet; it helps for everyone to be a little circumspect. From what I have seen the Police are happy for almost anything to occur as long as it causes them and others no drama. But the clamouring of the american right and the fundamentalist christian base in Thailand for moral purity causes them, and thus us, irritation.

Oh and I'm not talking about breaking any laws, I'm just saying that in Thailand, most people know that raising ones head in public is bound to cause attention because it is seen as quite improper, just go about your business.