PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Plaza

thrillbill
August 14th, 2008, 17:07
Soi 10 said: Most of the ex pat community and long time visitors to Pattaya know that the beer bars, Come In Bar in particular, are packed every night high season and low season with customers, so if you are going out for a drink on your own you are most certainly going find conversation.

Sunee Plaza seems to be the first choice of the gay ex pat community and long time gay visitors to Pattaya as the place to go have a drink, hang out with friends, chat, and from time to time pick an overnight visitor. A true sense of community has developed among a large number of NORMAL gay men in the beer bars of Sunee Plaza.
__________________________________________________ _______________________
Thanks for explaining a different view of why Sunee Plaza is popular with the older gay community. This makes sense. Yes,I find the "COME IN BAR" as a relaxing bar to have a quiet drink at.

catawampuscat
August 14th, 2008, 19:11
Agreed.

To be fair, the Pattayaland sois beer bars are very popular as well and great places to meet and greet fellow farangs.
Oscars is always busy and very popular.. Panorama Bar also stays busy most of the time
but can look empty some rainy nites as it is large and completely open to the soi.
Serene Bar does a fair job of attracting the punters as well..

Someone should consider an open air (non A/C) beer bar on the other two Pattayaland sois (#1 and #2). I think it would
be a hit if someone with an engaging personality and an eye for attractive hosts would take over one of the lady beer bars on
#1 or #2..
No loud music, cheaper drinks and a chance to converse and people watch.
There is an oversupply of beer bars in Sunee and a shortage in the Boyztown Area, in this posters humble opinion.. :cat:

August 14th, 2008, 19:31
Someone should consider an open air (non A/C) beer bar on the other two Pattayaland sois (#1 and #2). I think it would
be a hit if someone with an engaging personality and an eye for attractive hosts would take over one of the lady beer bars on
#1 or #2.. :cat:

I told you cat, I am not going to open any more bars. ;) On a serious note cat, good idea of yours.

I also couldn't agree more with Soi 10 when he says as quoted by thrillbill above. A true sense of community has developed among a large number of NORMAL gay men in the beer bars of Sunee Plaza.

Choc Dee,

George.

Smiles
August 14th, 2008, 19:38
Hey George!!! Back from Bantustan I see, and welcome. What's up with with the 3-sentence post? Delirium tremens still an issue?

Looking forward to the 6-foot posts and the bolded freakouts (or, as you put it, "just speaking my mind") and will join you "somewhere" in Thailand "sometime" in the coming months. You can drink for all 3 (4?) of us.

We (i.e. Queen Victoria & moi) arrive on Sept 15 to 'Do BKK'.

Cheers and glad to see you back ....

thrillbill
August 14th, 2008, 22:05
What Pattaya really needs is a totally non-commercial gay pub/bar. By non-commercial, I mean a place where you can relax with friends, enjoy a drink, and not have "hosts" or go-go boys trying to sell themselves. Seems odd that Pattaya Town doesn't seem to have such a place.

That is exactly what it needs... The closest thing is Panorama, but that is really an avenue for the commercial boys to make a contact with some newbie tourist.

August 14th, 2008, 23:35
What Pattaya really needs is a totally non-commercial gay pub/bar. By non-commercial, I mean a place where you can relax with friends, enjoy a drink, and not have "hosts" or go-go boys trying to sell themselves. Seems odd that Pattaya Town doesn't seem to have such a place.

The bar from Flamingo hotel is relax sure there more to find !

August 15th, 2008, 00:09
DELETED

dab69
August 15th, 2008, 04:55
need a/c for this traveler

welcome back George

August 15th, 2008, 08:56

I thought it was closed and up for sale.

Yes fattman, THB 42,500,000 and you can own the bar with 21 short-time rooms and a staff-canteen. Of course you could exploite the building as a hotel.

thaiguest
August 15th, 2008, 09:02

Sunee has many such bars, PattayaLand only two, i.e. Panorama and The Shamrock Bar. The latter boasted a sign (up to recently) which read " don't even think of bringing your boyfriend in here"

August 15th, 2008, 13:23

Sunee has many such bars, PattayaLand only two, i.e. Panorama and The Shamrock Bar. The latter boasted a sign (up to recently) which read " don't even think of bringing your boyfriend in here"

Fattman, the bars that you say you want already exist. If by non commercial you mean as you have said, " a place where you can relax with friends, enjoy a drink, and not have "hosts" or go-go boys trying to sell themselves."

Thaiguest is absolutely correct, there are already numerous such bars in Sunee. These bars all have host that are nothing more than friendly waiters unless you show an interest in them. I really do wonder quite often if some of the folks that post on this board and bitch about Sunee have ever been to Sunee for an evening when they were not on the hunt. Try leaving your harmones at home and going to Sunee for an evening of relaxation and conversation with friends and be open to meeting new freinds. You might have a great evening.

I find the host to be fun and entertaining if that is what you are looking for and/or quiet and reserved, even distant if that is what you are looking for: just as good waiters and bartenders are everywhere in the world. The only thing that makes them different from waiters in a bar in LA, London or New York is that if you show an interest in taking the next step they are ready to go.

August 15th, 2008, 17:58

I thought it was closed and up for sale.

Yes fattman, THB 42,500,000 and you can own the bar with 21 short-time rooms and a staff-canteen. Of course you could exploite the building as a hotel.

Thanks for the info, it was for sale when i was there 2 years a go... But now it is closed ?

I know the owner " not Jaap", but a guy from Amsterdam.

42.500.000 THB ! LOL :drunken:

August 15th, 2008, 19:01
Hiya George,
Wondered where you ad got to? Glad your back, it was nice meeting you in June......yes that long ago!!

Se you very very soon.

pp

August 16th, 2008, 00:02

Fattman, the bars that you say you want already exist. If by non commercial you mean as you have said, " a place where you can relax with friends, enjoy a drink, and not have "hosts" or go-go boys trying to sell themselves."

Thaiguest is absolutely correct, there are already numerous such bars in Sunee. These bars all have host that are nothing more than friendly waiters unless you show an interest in them. I really do wonder quite often if some of the folks that post on this board and bitch about Sunee have ever been to Sunee for an evening when they were not on the hunt. Try leaving your harmones at home and going to Sunee for an evening of relaxation and conversation with friends and be open to meeting new freinds. You might have a great evening.

I find the host to be fun and entertaining if that is what you are looking for and/or quiet and reserved, even distant if that is what you are looking for: just as good waiters and bartenders are everywhere in the world. The only thing that makes them different from waiters in a bar in LA, London or New York is that if you show an interest in taking the next step they are ready to go.
Maybe my wish list is different than Fattman's, but I'd like a non-host gay bar/restaurant along the lines of Telephone Pub or Balcony in Bangkok, or any cruise bar in the western world, where one can meet and socialize with the local gay men of Pattaya. It's not likely that a Thai 35-year old gay accountant is going to be found at a host bar in Sunee Plaza sipping a cocktail. Currently, I know of no way to meet the non "commercial" gay men of Pattaya other than internet chat/pick-up sites.

thrillbill
August 16th, 2008, 07:29
bkk qwm said: Maybe my wish list is different than Fattman's, but I'd like a non-host gay bar/restaurant along the lines of Telephone Pub or Balcony in Bangkok, or any cruise bar in the western world, where one can meet and socialize with the local gay men of Pattaya. It's not likely that a Thai 35-year old gay accountant is going to be found at a host bar in Sunee Plaza sipping a cocktail. Currently, I know of no way to meet the non "commercial" gay men of Pattaya other than internet chat/pick-up sites.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

I agree with bkk qwm, the "cliental" at the gay bars in Pattaya is totally different than most bars in BKK. Pattaya is mostly geared for the retired farang...whereas BKK not only has the retired farang settled there but also a variety of nationalities, ages 20 + that may be on holiday but also working there. And the gay Thais (non commercial guys) that DO LIVE in Pattaya, don't want to hang out in the bars in Pattaya because they don't want to be "labeled" as a money boy...or if they are 30 or older, they think they are not attractive to the PGF (Pattaya Gay Farang) who mostly prefer that "young look" of a18 year old.

PS --And in BKK I can easily meet gay Thais men that are not expecting money; yet, 99% of the Thais in Pattaya I end up striking a conversation with in a bar, beach, or restaurant are "commercial" gay men.

August 16th, 2008, 08:07
DELETED

colmx
August 16th, 2008, 09:08
There used to be a host/beer bar on pattayaland soi 1, around where Kawaii boys is now (or is that still there?)

I don't think it did very well and eventually turned into 4seasons gogo bar... So it has been tried before and failed...

BF has plenty of Gay friends in the 25-35 range who are professionals - 1 is a doctor, the other is a Pharmacist and another is a radiologist... amongst others... generally when they go out they head to Hollywood or Differ and eventually end up in one of the late night gay venues....

Most of them tell me they would like to try a farang... but are scared of the competition or scared they will be labelled as MoneyBoys...

Personally i always prefer moneyboys -at least you always know what you are getting with them... no strings sex... ie. No suicide attempts or death threats when the fling finishes! :blackeye: :blackeye: