PDA

View Full Version : Do it with style, gentlemen!

August 12th, 2008, 02:16
Posts have been flying over relations between the young and the old.

I would add just one thing: try to do it with some panache -- some style!

The case in point I witnessed long years ago in Chiang Mai. There are two scenes:

SCENE I
(JJ Restaurant that was, below the Montri Hotel. I'm having my usual snack before heading off for work at AUA.)
Cast of characters: Whiny Farang Male (WFM), and Frog-Faced Thai Woman (FFTW).

WFM: Why is it that, when I try to COMMUNICATE with you, I hear nothing back?

FFTW: Khon nii kamlang book arai?

WFM: Can't you at least speak ENGLISH to me?

FFTW: Me no English. You cheap Charlie.

WFM: But I LOVE you? Doesn't that mean anything to you?

FFTW: Khon nii kamlang book arai?

[Instructions to the director: make it clear that the WFM is begging for the love of this trollop. WFM is also not dressed (ahem) in anything approaching Style, which emphasizes his natural homeliness.]

Cut now to Scene II
(A relatively expensive French restaurant. Enter the SILVER FOX -- a Thai gentleman in his 60's -- with his Cute Young Thing -- a demoiselle in her early twenties. Silver Fox (SF) is wearing a suit and tie, plus a monocle! CYT happily accepts everything that is offered to her by SF.)

There were no discussions of "love," or "relationships," or all that cr*p -- not out in public where everyone could overhear. They discussed the lovely food, and their plans for the rest of the evening. Then he whisked her out to his waiting car and they were off for the evening.

<Satire>Oh, those Thai are so primitive, and can't handle the simplest relationships!</Satire>

August 12th, 2008, 05:50
And now the Henry Cate version
SCENE 1
(In Free Guy, eyeing up the talent)
Cast of characters: Henry Cate (HC) and Shan Hooker in Thailand (SHIT)

HC to waiter: Send over no. 42

HC to No. 42: Hi kiddo, have you got a biggun?

SHIT: You want I make you happy, Papa?

HC: Spank me, bite me, call me dirty names тАж 500 Baht OK?.

SHIT: OK Papa, 500 since itтАЩs low season. We go now?

HC: Oh you little minx. I think IтАЩm in lurve.

(Both exit stage left)

August 12th, 2008, 05:58
... Cute Uninitiated New Twink but you beat me to it

catawampuscat
August 12th, 2008, 11:20
Henry, asking farangs to have and display class is a futile waste of time..
The old codgers are hopeless and still wearing clothes from the 1970's & 80's and think
fashion means being tattooed on their necks and hands. I am talking about the heteros
but it is much the same with us queers..
Class, good looks, good taste are rare commodities and mostly seen on TV shows or in
the cinema.
The most we can ask for it for farangs to wear clean clothes and shower regularly. No short short
pants and try to keep those thighs a private area for only your darling to have to see. Toss the
black knee high socks and the shinny black leather dress shoes for the times you wear long pants..
Try to throw out decades old clothing and not wear stained T-shirts anytime of the day

Henry, we are talking about the flotsam and jetsam of the farang world that come to Thailand,
sex starved and only thinking about lube and condoms accessories.
In Pattaya/Jomtien, we have the excuse that we are in a beach resort community and down scale
dressing is not as big an issue as in bigger cities like Chaing Mai and of course Bangkok.

Rudeness and crudeness are very apparent in the younger generations, especially with the Brits who will emulate
their fathers and grandfathers and stay drunk as skunks and keep the tattoo shops very busy.

Perhaps some of the piss elegant, pinkie out tea drinkers, have some class but I would rather be with the
classless masses than the men who think they are ladies and spend their time at the hairdresser discussing whether
they need high-lites or changing their hair color yet again.. It is also a strain on their neck muscles to keep those chins
and noses up high.

The new Russian visitors as well as the Mainland Chinese will make all of us look better as they are oblivious and think nothing
of blocking sidewalks, grabbing what they see (especially when drunk, which is most of the time). Only the Mainland Chinese
would wear matching flower printed garish shirts and shorts sets and think they are the cats' meow..

Beachlover
August 12th, 2008, 11:42
And now the Henry Cate version
SCENE 1
(In Free Guy, eyeing up the talent)
Cast of characters: Henry Cate (HC) and Shan Hooker in Thailand (SHIT)

HC to waiter: Send over no. 42

HC to No. 42: Hi kiddo, have you got a biggun?

SHIT: You want I make you happy, Papa?

HC: Spank me, bite me, call me dirty names тАж 500 Baht OK?.

SHIT: OK Papa, 500 since itтАЩs low season. We go now?

HC: Oh you little minx. I think IтАЩm in lurve.

(Both exit stage left)

ROFL

Beachlover
August 17th, 2008, 10:13
One thing I'd say is most guys need to smile more. I mean... come on... the creepy staring and sitting there blank faced with a drink in your hand isn't nice!

TrongpaiExpat
August 17th, 2008, 14:13
There's this one guy apparently an Bangkok expat that just sends shivers down my spine when ever I see him. He's in his 60's I would guess, fit- works out, gray, balding and often wears glasses with clip-on shades in the up position. He is generally in shorts, sandals and an old 't' shirt. It's not only his dress but he seems to be in constant Lear and stalk mode. I have never seen him with anyone, Thai or farang. I only hear him speak in single Thai words with a heavy British accent. I know it's not just me, I watch others react to him. He goes up to single Thai guys, gets close and says something and I watch the look of fear in their eyes. I get the feeling he has body parts stored in 50 gallon drums in his putrid living quarters under the elevated highway.

Beachlover
August 18th, 2008, 09:49
There's this one guy apparently an Bangkok expat that just sends shivers down my spine when ever I see him. He's in his 60's I would guess, fit- works out, gray, balding and often wears glasses with clip-on shades in the up position. He is generally in shorts, sandals and an old 't' shirt. It's not only his dress but he seems to be in constant Lear and stalk mode. I have never seen him with anyone, Thai or farang. I only hear him speak in single Thai words with a heavy British accent. I know it's not just me, I watch others react to him. He goes up to single Thai guys, gets close and says something and I watch the look of fear in their eyes. I get the feeling he has body parts stored in 50 gallon drums in his putrid living quarters under the elevated highway.

*Shudders*... I don't know how anyone can enjoy being like that

August 18th, 2008, 09:59
There's this one guy apparently an Bangkok expat that just sends shivers down my spine when ever I see him. He's in his 60's I would guess, fit- works out, gray, balding and often wears glasses with clip-on shades in the up position. He is generally in shorts, sandals and an old 't' shirt. It's not only his dress but he seems to be in constant Lear and stalk mode. I have never seen him with anyone, Thai or farang. I only hear him speak in single Thai words with a heavy British accent. I know it's not just me, I watch others react to him. He goes up to single Thai guys, gets close and says something and I watch the look of fear in their eyes. I get the feeling he has body parts stored in 50 gallon drums in his putrid living quarters under the elevated highway.So you have seen me around :bounce: