PDA

View Full Version : Image Limo

August 10th, 2008, 10:48
Does anyone know if Image are still in business? A friend says he's sent them a couple of emails recently using the address on their Web site and they've been returned

August 10th, 2008, 18:43
When I have passed Image I had noticed that it seemed to be quiet or maybe closed. Can't be sure but will check it out when in the area again.

August 11th, 2008, 09:44
Image Limousine is fully operational and open from 09:00 to 18:00 every day of the year.

There were some problems in accessing their website www.imagelimo.com (http://www.imagelimo.com) through TT&T which has been resolved. All emails are usually answered within 24 hours.

Image can alternatively by telephone on 038 756658.

Wesley
August 11th, 2008, 10:05
how much is an airport pick up for Pattaya?

August 11th, 2008, 10:15

You really are quite helpless ... Why don't you check the website? (http://www.imagelimo.com/rates.htm)

August 11th, 2008, 11:19
... jomtiengayguide needs to check his PMs, as I have had to forward him an email from one my chums that didn't get through to Image either, after I read JGG's message and was chatting to my friend about his forthcoming trip. He too was (and still is) having problems contacting Image

Wesley
August 11th, 2008, 11:31

You really are quite helpless ... Why don't you check the website? (http://www.imagelimo.com/rates.htm)

Well. I was just asking, I had no idea the damn answer was so complicated. I had rather walk than try to figure the schedule and price out.

Wes

August 11th, 2008, 11:46

Well. I was just asking, I had no idea the damn answer was so complicated. I had rather walk than try to figure the schedule and price out.

Wes

Does anyone else find this complicated?

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk104/Bwana2008/Image.jpg

An ass as big as you might need the 10 seat minibus!

Wesley
August 11th, 2008, 11:55
have you been inspecting asses again, I had no idea it was like a whole line of everything anyone would ever need or not need, by the time I figure out what kind I want then the cost I could walk to Pattaya. Ill take what ever two guys pick me up in for 1500. now thats simple. I can see you and Homi have been rooming together. maybe you can inspect each others ass then you won't have to worry about mine.

Wes

August 11th, 2008, 12:09
Does anyone else find this complicated?When you're dealing with a complete dumb-ass like Wesley (how does he manage to get himself out of bed in the morning?), these frustrations are to be expected

August 11th, 2008, 14:06
Wes,
You're as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit.

August 11th, 2008, 17:12
Does anyone know if Image are still in business? A friend says he's sent them a couple of emails recently using the address on their Web site and they've been returned

For me wouldnt be any lost with their prices with up to 1800% (starting with 150 baht with bell travel) higher prices than other good transfer companys. Last time have had mercedes for 1300 baht incl. tollways. Airport return with big mercedes (S) for 19200 baht is just the best joke ever.

TrongpaiExpat
August 11th, 2008, 18:15
Another thread on using limo services to carry your sorry asses from the airport straight to Pattaya without having to see, hear or experience any other part of Thailand. It's a shame you have to leave your own countries and just can't import Thai boys willing to have sex for small amounts of money. Well.... some of the rich do just that!

August 11th, 2008, 18:42
Another thread on using limo services to carry your sorry asses from the airport straight to Pattaya without having to see, hear or experience any other part of Thailand. It's a shame you have to leave your own countries and just can't import Thai boys willing to have sex for small amounts of money. Well.... some of the rich do just that!

That would certainly help avoid some of the petty silliness that these little brown people seem to revel in. Why, oh why can't they learn more from the West? Right, hummingturd?

August 12th, 2008, 04:08
Another thread on using limo services to carry your sorry asses from the airport straight to Pattaya without having to see, hear or experience any other part of Thailand. It's a shame you have to leave your own countries and just can't import Thai boys willing to have sex for small amounts of money. Well.... some of the rich do just that!Perhaps you could start a new export business, old chap?

Wesley
August 12th, 2008, 09:49
Wes,
You're as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit.

Honestly , I simply went to the site, took a 5 second look and realized it was way more information than I was interested in knowing. It was not a matter of understanding it was simply more than I needed to know. damn, It was so simple all I had to do was close the window and move on. I will keep that in mind the next time I need a set of drums or anything from Ann Frank. I honestly don't see what that has to do with the Price of a damn limo. I was a tad serious and got a complex set of cars prices for those who like life in blocks and rows, it was an excellent site. However for those of us who could care less that there are a hundred different ways to get to Pattaya the walk would have been much more enlightening. I see you and Homi are running a tag team now days. Good for you Homi could defiantly use the help. maybe with any luck he will track you all over and check your spelling and thought process. I see you have a wonderful avatar I guess denoting your great intelligence or lack thereof. It would be kind if you would simply out me on ignore.

I do agree, I was a bit quick to post. I should have moved on realizing I had clicked on the wrong web site to get a simple answer.

Wes

August 20th, 2008, 21:27
DELETED

August 20th, 2008, 23:17
John, I'm certainly not disputing your word about your experience with Image. However, I've used Image Limo from Pattaya to airport and on return, back to Pattaya on 3 occasions. The car was large, the driver spoke English well, was courteous, and didn't scare the hell out of me with his driving. I booked each time using the internet and also exchanged emails after the booking -- promptly answered. The driver was on time (actually a bit early) to pick me up at my house and was always waiting for me at the airport. The driver put my luggage in the trunk (boot) and upon arrival took it out - upon return to my house, he carried the luggage from my car to the front door. There are cheaper taxi service, which I have also used in the past, but I chose to pay the higher rate for the reliability and comfort provided by Image.

Beachlover
August 21st, 2008, 06:35
What's the normal speed for taxis to travel on the highways to Pattaya?.... Mine was going around 160 or 170kms/hr. Certainly got us there quick.

How are the limos different? Do they drive slower?

August 21st, 2008, 06:44
... managed to make a booking last week, after lots of emails and phone calls (and a minor intervention by me) and received instructions that the AoT now iinsists that all limo drivers meet their arriving passengers at Door #3. A map was helpfully provided. As he exited Arrivals he noticed that there still seemed to be lots of the usual suspects holding up names on cards, but confident of his instructions he walked to Door #3 where there were, so he tells me, "touts galore and one person holding up a name card" and it wasn't his. Fighting off the touts, he descended quickly to the bus level and caught one of the airport buses into town. He's resolved to use the AoT limo for all inwards flights, as their booking desk is inside Arrivals, and Image for departures, as his success rate for finding his Image driver at Suvarnabhumi ever since it opened has never exceeded 50%. Since that airport is designed in such a way as to be a total shambles I doubt there's any way to fix this problem, short of letting the limo drivers assemble inside the Arrivals area (after Immigration, before Customs) where there seems to be plenty of room for such activity

August 21st, 2008, 10:59
What's the normal speed for taxis to travel on the highways to Pattaya?.... Mine was going around 160 or 170kms/hr. Certainly got us there quick.

How are the limos different? Do they drive slower?

The speed limit on the tollways is 120kph -- I haven't seen any speed limit signs on the motorway portion so am not sure, but I believe it is less - I'm guessing 110kph. But, to answer your question, whatever they can get away with.

As for hiring a car with driver, it does not guarantee the driver will drive slower. I and friends took one popular service to Bangkok. I was on the edge of my seat all the way - the driver was speeding, tailgating, and continuously switching lanes. My friend that booked the car said he had used them often, usually with much safer drivers. Whatever, I swore off using that service.

My last pick up at Suvarnabhumi by Image Limo was last May - the driver was inside waiting at the point where I exited Customs. Also, the many times I have used Image, the driver has always driven sensibly -- sitting in the back, I have not paid attention to the speed - so, like most people, may speed a bit, but not so much I noticed.

Beachlover
August 21st, 2008, 12:15
In Phuket, the speed indicators are disabled in all the taxis. Has anyone else noticed this? It really makes me feel safer. :drunken:

August 21st, 2008, 12:34
Also, the many times I have used Image, the driver has always driven sensibly -- sitting in the back, I have not paid attention to the speed - so, like most people, may speed a bit, but not so much I noticed.Yes, my friend swears by the reliability of their drivers when they're driving him - plus he has an obsession about cars with seat-belts in the back, which Bangkok taxis rarely have. It's just his lack of success being met that irks him

August 21st, 2008, 15:41
I booked the much recommended P&G service for my transfer to Pattaya 10 days ago. They promised to be displaying a name sheet at gate 3 but were not there when I arrived. I called them on the payphones behind gate 3.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at gate 3".

"Where about?"

Duh? "At the payphones"

"Do you have mobile?"

"No. I'm at the pay phones"

Twenty minutes later a driver appears with an A4 paper, not being displayed but I notice my name on it. During the whole of this time I'm being harassed by uniformed reps of some other company.

I do wonder if this company has paid someone for an advantage. The P&G driver was very wary of waving a name sign.

Frankly, I think the new airport is a disgrace and this is only one aspect of it.

I have every sympathy for small enterprises like P&G who are trying to make an honest buck under harassment.

As to IL. I used them once and the service was excellent; good speed, careful driving, my choice of music, cold towels, etc, but they are not good value for their price in my view.

August 21st, 2008, 16:25
DELETED

August 21st, 2008, 17:47
Those prices look crazy I have been using the same company for years, they have never let me down including always being there to pick me up on arrival. 1000bht plus tolls private car try them on khrongfa@ego.co.th or 087740293

Beachlover
August 21st, 2008, 18:35
To go from the airport, I don't see anything wrong with getting into the meter taxi line (maybe 5 minutes?) then jumping in a normal Toyota taxi... it costs 350baht and you avoid the hassles of finding "1 driver".... and the added expense.

Paying more for a limo might be worth it for longer journeys, like to go to Pattaya or Hua Hin... as you get a bigger car and are a bit safer. Unlike flying (where the difference between econ and business is vast on a long flight), I don't feel the rest of the comforts make that much of a difference. I usually sit up the front anyway... and this is from someone who's used to sitting in Mercs and Audis

Beachlover
August 21st, 2008, 18:43
I agree with 555

The new airport is a disgrace. I'm surprised, as I remember reading about it being hailed as an amazing new construction.

The only thing amazing is the size.. was much needed to supplement the old airport.

Everthing else - the layout, design, signage, etc. is terrible. It's a terrible way to welcome new people to the country... greeting them with 3rd world chaos. Arrivals is a terrible mess. I saw a lot of tourists wondering whether they were in line for taxis... or for nothing. The line for taxis stretched through doorways and around corners. If it were a temporary thing, this would be ok, but airport taxi lines are known to be long and certainly justify the construction of something more permanent!

The interior design is barebones... more grey than anything else.

I was astounded how bad the signage at departures was.

The Thais are great at a lot of things... but I get the feeling that things like infrastructure, advanced technologies and pro-active strategy are something they're very far behind on. I guess they are comfortable...

August 21st, 2008, 20:43
To go from the airport, I don't see anything wrong with getting into the meter taxi line (maybe 5 minutes?) then jumping in a normal Toyota taxi... it costs 350baht and you avoid the hassles of finding "1 driver".... and the added expense.Personally the idea of traveling at a zillion miles an hour in a flimsily built car with no seat belts does nothing for me, but I guess if that's the tourist experience you're after then go for it