View Full Version : Raid Report.. Sunee Plaza, Pattaya Sat. 9 Aug.

catawampuscat
August 10th, 2008, 10:15
Yes, Another major police raid swept thru the quaint sois that comprise Sunee Plaza in S. Pattaya.
Word was out that a raid was anticipated and this time the word was accurate.
About 10:30 PM we saw streams of police quickly move thorough out Sunee..
The raid reminded me of a military action as we witnessed dozens of police vehicles, including motorbikes,
trucks and cars.
I joked with friends about the scores of police and one fellow poster here played in down and said he thought he
only saw about 10 police. He changed his tune shortly thereafter as scores of police keep arriving.
We watched from the street and then from a beer bar and saw many young Thai guys walking in a single file with one
hand/arm on the shoulder of the guy in front.
A little later we saw a truck crammed with Thai guys in the back and it appears as if at least a dozen were being taken
back into Sunee, perhaps for a urine test or a reenactment?

I also heard that the Internet shops were getting raided as there is a 10 PM curfew based on age and licenses were also going
to be checked.

We also saw some high ranking police/military personnel and some police with cameras and there were also brite lites but it reached
a point when I become uncomfortable with such a large police presence. The farangs were ignored by the way and I do not know if the
police went into the bars or not, as I recognized the boys/guys from being on the streets and many were doormen or those who sit on
stools outside bars. The mood was peaceful in spite of some police carrying batons and everyone seemed to accept the situation and
I didn't see the usual groups of young guys running. I understand that all entrances and exits were covered by cannot confirm.

There are still many guys in jail from the last big raid and many are hopeful for a general pardon on the 12Th. A friend commented on
the fact that Sunee Plaza has been the target many times recently and we didn't know how general the raids are and if they are also
happening in other parts of town, like walking street or beach road areas... :cat:

It is now Sun. morning and I expected to see a report here but I guess oogleman was over at Cafe Royale oogling El Duo

Aunty
August 10th, 2008, 10:23
Good on the Police. I hope they keep raiding Sunee over and over and over again. And then some if it removes the garbage.

August 10th, 2008, 10:25
I guess oogleman was over at Cafe Royale oogling El DuoPity they weren't raided so we could have had a more interesting story than "Sunee raided ... again"

August 10th, 2008, 13:40
Yes when I was coming out of the Day Night area last night there were many police heading down towards Sunee. Motor Bikes and Police cars with flashing lights etc. Maybe about 100 Police in all. No reports in the Pattaya news reports yet.

August 10th, 2008, 17:52
Tourist numbers down 30%: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd6

Is there a connection?

A few warning letters, followed by the arrest & prosecution of bar owners & managers with under age boys would probably be a more effective & lower profile method of cleaning the area up.

August 10th, 2008, 19:46
DELETED

August 10th, 2008, 20:10
seems [/b]at one time if the 30% drop are all pedos :drunken: :drunken:

When your making these stupid remarks at least learn to spell!

August 10th, 2008, 20:36
Yes and, 'your' should be 'you're'....[/quote]

mea culpa a typo I did not correct.

August 10th, 2008, 20:39
Tourist numbers down 30%: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd6

Is there a connection?

A few warning letters, followed by the arrest & prosecution of bar owners & managers with under age boys would probably be a more effective & lower profile method of cleaning the area up.

Oh, come on. What percentage of visitors to Pattaya even know what Sunee Plaza is, let alone visit it? Let's put it this way, it's a niche destination.

August 10th, 2008, 22:23
Oh, come on. What percentage of visitors to Pattaya even know what Sunee Plaza is, let alone visit it? Let's put it this way, it's a niche destination.

I guess the oil price & the state of the global economy have more significance.
However at the margins, bar closures as a result of raids, birthdays for dignitaries etc may dissuade a small percentage of people from visiting again.
And unlike the state of the global economy, these other factors are under the control of the Thai authorities.

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 10th, 2008, 23:00
Good on the Police. I hope they keep raiding Sunee over and over and over again. And then some if it removes the garbage.

but we go wherever the garbage is !!

Perhaps this could become a regular tourist attraction ! :cheers:

globalwanderer
August 10th, 2008, 23:23
Anyone else get the impression that they intend to keep raiding Sunee until they kill it off....

August 10th, 2008, 23:57
Confession: I don't live in Pattaya but I have gathered that this place is one place to find "underage boys."

Now the Thai police, influenced by the Elvis-loving soon-to-be-exiled Toxsin, are raiding the place to get rid of it.

As a major writer about economics put it: "Skid Row is not some geographical place. It is a sociological fact." That is to say, you can descend on Skid Row with battalions of police, and move the bums onward, but they WILL settle in another place.

The same applies to Sunee Plaza. Stamp out Sunee Plaza, and another place will arise. Stamp out the other place, and the whole thing may revert to a private (or black) market.

Whatever else may arise from this, Toxsin has revealed his total lack of knowledge of economics. You may think that this is surprising, in a billionaire, but Toxsin is just the latest in a long line of deluded rich men.

catawampuscat
August 11th, 2008, 00:32
Back on topic..
It is a waste of time to try to convince some gay men that many men visit or hang out in Sunee Plaza and are not
into children.. They buy the stereotype which is/was used in the West, that you can't trust homosexuals with children
as they are all child molesters.
Of course, the vast majority of child molesters are heterosexual men but still the gross generalizations and untruths
stick in the minds of some..
There are young boys in Sunee Plaza and there are farangs who prey on them and are in Pattaya exclusively for access
to young kids..
From my unscientific observations over the years, only a small minority of gay men who visit Sunee, are so pathetically damaged, due no
doubt, to being raped as kids themselves,of ..
Certainly less than 10% and of course it is
important to distinguish between 17 y.o. boys and pre-pubescence boys. I define pedo here as pre-pubescene as in pre-teenagers.
I would support castration of men who prey on pre-pubescence boys/girls as it is the only sure cure for this very small percentage
of men who are only satisfied with raping babies(pre-pubescence).

The positive effect of the police raids is that they remove the pre-teenage boys from the dark corners of Sunee Plaza, where
the degenerate scum can find them. NO doubt this just drives this very profitable trade underground but at least this eyesore in Sunee Plaza
will be out of sight..

Tonite in Sunee Plaza, everything looked the same, all the bars were open that were open before the raid but the street urchins
were gone.. This is a major but temporary positive change for all of us except the small percentage who are pedos..

I am very aware that those who hate Sunee Plaza and Pattaya will continue to try to place the pedo label on all of us but what
they don't realize is how they play into the hands of bigots, the religious right, and the ignoranance that fosters the belief that all gay men
are dirty old men who prey on young boys and cannot be trusted to be with children..

It is a shame that this prejudice exists in some gay men on this forum and it is a form of self hate in my humble opinion..
Sunee Plaza is a wonderful place for gay men to socialize and enjoy the scene.. The baby boys are a very small but highly visible
part of the boys in Sunee Plaza and there wasn't one in sight tonite in Sunee Plaza :cat:

August 11th, 2008, 00:36
DELETED

August 11th, 2008, 01:51
Back on topic..
Tonite in Sunee Plaza, everything looked the same, all the bars were open that were open before the raid but the street urchins
were gone.. This is a major but temporary positive change for all of us except the small percentage who are pedos..

I am very aware that those who hate Sunee Plaza and Pattaya will continue to try to place the pedo label on all of us but what
they don't realize is how they play into the hands of bigots, the religious right, and the ignoranance that fosters the belief that all gay men
are dirty old men who prey on young boys and cannot be trusted to be with children..

It is a shame that this prejudice exists in some gay men on this forum and it is a form of self hate in my humble opinion..
Sunee Plaza is a wonderful place for gay men to socialize and enjoy the scene.. The baby boys are a very small but highly visible
part of the boys in Sunee Plaza and there wasn't one in sight tonite in Sunee Plaza :cat:

If the police raids clean up Sunee & leave a healthy adult gogo scene for us to enjoy -great!

Dodger
August 11th, 2008, 05:19
Cat...Quote:

Sunee Plaza is a wonderful place for gay men to socialize and enjoy the scene..

Well stated...

Choa Na, or what ever his name is, stated that most gay visitors to PTY have never even heard of Sunee Plaza, which is majorly skewed in my opinion. The way I see it, somewhere in the neighborhood of 60% of the gay farang traffic can be seen sitting along the beer bars at Soi Sunee, 30% call Boyztown their home, and the remaining 10% are scattered around the Soi Day/Night and Jomtien Plaza areas. It's amazing how a persons perception (or mis-perception) of a place effects their ability to use basic arithmetic.

I think it's an enhancement to Sunee Plaza to get the snot-nosed kids and drug dealers off the soi's, although hope the somewhat slutty ambiance of the place stays the same. I just love a little slutty touch during my adventures.

mai pen rai

Smiles
August 11th, 2008, 07:20
" ... I just love a little slutty touch during my adventures ... "
So we've read, and keep it up (so to speak) please.

Actually, not much slutty stuff lately Dodger ... are you aging quickly, depressed after the last marriage 'adventure', or now looking for a Thai businessman from Saphan Kwai to hitch up (all Benz-driving, Paragon-shopping, and minus the hands-out family in Nakhon Phanom)?

Cheers ...

thaiguest
August 11th, 2008, 08:07
Back on topic..
It is a waste of time to try to convince some gay men that many men visit or hang out in Sunee Plaza and are not
into children.. They buy the stereotype which is/was used in the West, that you can't trust homosexuals with children
Of course, the vast majority of child molesters are heterosexual men but still the gross generalizations and untruths
There are young boys in Sunee Plaza and there are farangs who prey on them and are in Pattaya exclusively for access
to young kids..
From my unscientific observations over the years, only a small minority of gay men who visit Sunee, are so pathetically damaged, due no
important to distinguish between 17 y.o. boys and pre-pubescence boys. I define pedo here as pre-pubescene as in pre-teenagers.
I would support castration of men who prey on pre-pubescence boys/girls as it is the only sure cure for this very small percentage

The positive effect of the police raids is that they remove the pre-teenage boys from the dark corners of Sunee Plaza, where
the degenerate scum can find them. NO doubt this just drives this very profitable trade underground but at least this eyesore in Sunee Plaza
will be out of sight..

This poster is spot-on, hits the nail on the head and tells it exactly as it is.
But he/she should not be confused by the warped 'anti-sunnee clique' who air their views here- he should realise that these people probably live in 'bed-sits' and garrets far away from Thailand, can't afford to take more than a 2 hour train trip and live out their entire life-dialectic via the 'cut and thrust' of this board. What a shower of wasters.

dab69
August 11th, 2008, 09:13
duh they were warned as you said.
even YOU heard about it

August 11th, 2008, 09:27
On any given day, there are tens of thousands of foreign visitors in Thailand. How many visit Sunee Plaza? A few dozen, tops?

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 11th, 2008, 10:38
Confession: I don't live in Pattaya but I have gathered that this place is one place to find "underage boys."

Now the Thai police, influenced by the Elvis-loving soon-to-be-exiled Toxsin, are raiding the place to get rid of it.

As a major writer about economics put it: "Skid Row is not some geographical place. It is a sociological fact." That is to say, you can descend on Skid Row with battalions of police, and move the bums onward, but they WILL settle in another place.

The same applies to Sunee Plaza. Stamp out Sunee Plaza, and another place will arise. Stamp out the other place, and the whole thing may revert to a private (or black) market.

Whatever else may arise from this, Toxsin has revealed his total lack of knowledge of economics. You may think that this is surprising, in a billionaire, but Toxsin is just the latest in a long line of deluded rich men.

spot on. In fact if the reason is to arrest those who go with underaged lads-or girls ( a tiny minority) it makes more sense to keep a handle on the area rather than drive this "trade" underground. Those so inclined will not give up their activites because an area of nightclubs closes down. In fact it could be counter-productive.

Nor are those who are intent on only pursuing legal activities be so inspired to do the alternative..in fact they are more likely to "stay" legal with what's on offer-so to speak.

But with everything in Thailand..you never know the real reason an event is happening..it could be for financial reasons-it could be a face saving event..who knows ?.

just stay pissed all the time is my advice. :drunken:

Wesley
August 11th, 2008, 11:09
Although a year ago I would have have never agreed with this post, I am convinced that I have been over reactive to the over reaction to Sunnee. This is a well written and well thought out post. I do agree there is a difference, although not legally. However, it is an accurate summary of the situation I think.

Wes

Dodger
August 11th, 2008, 17:07
Chao Na Quote:

On any given day, there are tens of thousands of foreign visitors in Thailand. How many visit Sunee Plaza? A few dozen, tops?

Don't forget to throw in a few "bottoms" too.

Smiles,

I've been feeling that urge again, and will probably start writing the next slutty chapter soon. Motorbike boys, str8 boys, maniac ladyboys, blind shoe shine boys,...who knows, but one thing's for sure...it will be a good one...555

MARK
August 12th, 2008, 12:24

Krazy Dragon 10/08/2008 152 customers
11/08/2008 168 customers more than a few dozen, And I know a lot of people that visit the Sunee plaza never enter my bar as there are many other good bars in this Soi.

August 12th, 2008, 12:41
Hi Mark,
I've just looked at your website and it boasts:

"Welcome to Krazy Dragon, Voted as the No.1 Male Table Top Dance Bar of Pattaya"

Can you tell us how many "Male Table Top Dance Bars" there are in Pattaya?

Patexpat
August 12th, 2008, 12:57
and voted by whom?

August 12th, 2008, 13:00
Male Table Top ... Can you tell us how many "Male Table Top Dance Bars" there are in Pattaya?And how you can tell a male table top from a female table top?

Aunty
August 12th, 2008, 15:24

Ya mean they're not all there to buy Thai genitals and Thailand's economy doesn't depend on sex tourists? No way? Yes way. Get out of here. :cyclopsani:

Beachlover
August 12th, 2008, 20:27
I did a sweep of Sunee... it was really quite depressing... there must've been 4 times more bar-boys and workers than customers. In some bars the ratio was 20 to 3.

One bar I visited really shocked me... they couldn't have been over 18, but apparently the place checks out (by police)... so I guess the owner just picks out young looking 18/19 year olds. Got to admit... it was a bit offputting seeing 70/80 yr olds playing with them, but each to their own. Long as they are legal and practice safely, I don't have anything against it.

I didn't see any street kids or drugs etc as the posts above describe. It all looked ok to me, other than the emptiness, there was nothing dodgy.

Krazy Dragon: There weren't many boys there. They were nice though. Definitely the most established bar in the area... almost like it belonged in Boytown.

Shuee
August 13th, 2008, 01:05
hi beechlover - without being dafamatory to KD, i would agree with you there 100%, too posh for sunee, & what i'm really annoyed about is when they did aware with the former crazy xxx bar, what a legend that was....
its true though not to dwell on the past, as in all business its all about your baht that counts

although it pains me to say this, keep up the goodwork KD!!!

August 13th, 2008, 04:30
Back on topic..
to young kids..

will be out of sight..

I have rarely read such unadulterated tripe as this contribution.

You seriously suggest that any boy under 17yo represents "pre-pubescence"(sic), "babies" "children" and "baby boys"?

What complete rubbish!

Is a 16yo a "baby"? or a "baby boy"? Is a 16yo pre-pubesCENT? (helping you out with your spelling which is as poor as your thought process)

It seems to me that you have severe psychological issues related to the subject matter you appear to delight in posting on, but rather than inflict them on us here - why not seek psychiatric help instead? Perhaps then you will be able to get over the "self hate" you ascribe to others but which seems to apply far more appropriately to yourself.

August 13th, 2008, 04:52
DELETED

August 13th, 2008, 04:56
Is it just me or has Scottish guy completely misunderstood the Cat's post? I thought Cat was saying that there is no comparison between a 17 year old and a young boy.

August 13th, 2008, 05:07
Is it just me or has Scottish guy completely misunderstood the Cat's post? I thought Cat was saying that there is no comparison between a 17 year old and a young boy.

What the hell is the importance of being 17yo?

The clear implication is that any boy under his arbitary age level of 17yo - for example a 16yo - is therefore a "baby" "baby boy" or "pre-pubescence" (sic).

The further implication is that anybody involved sexually with a 16yo must be a "dirty old man" or a "baby rapist"

It's outrageous! If you cannot see that, then I despair.

August 13th, 2008, 06:40
The sloppy use of language by many gays doesn't help in the struggle between the forces of darkness and those gays who don't want to be labelled "paedophile". There's some foolish 35-yo Westerner in Bangkok on GayRomeo for example whose nick is something or other "boy". It's no wonder other people believe gays are all interested in boys, not men. The use of "young boy" is also somewhat loose. I've seen 16- and 17-year-olds described as "young boys". For me a young boy is just that - a boy who's young - around 6 or 7, not 16 or 17

August 13th, 2008, 06:42
The sloppy use of language by many gays doesn't help in the struggle between the forces of darkness and those gays who don't want to be labelled "paedophile". There's some foolish 35-yo Westerner in Bangkok on GayRomeo for example whose nick is something or other "boy". It's no wonder other people believe gays are all interested in boys, not men. The use of "young boy" is also somewhat loose. I've seen 16- and 17-year-olds described as "young boys". For me a young boy is just that - a boy who's young - around 6 or 7, not 16 or 17

SENSE AT LAST!

Khor tose
August 13th, 2008, 06:55
Well the language is a little sloppy, but yes Scottish-guy has completely misread the post.

August 13th, 2008, 07:09
Well the language is a little sloppy, but yes Scottish-guy has completely misread the post.

No I haven't - YOU have taken the post at face value without thinking it through. Do YOU regard a 16yo as a "baby boy"?

Khor tose
August 13th, 2008, 07:56
[quote="Khor tose":f36rtqt1]Well the language is a little sloppy, but yes Scottish-guy has completely misread the post.

No I haven't - YOU have taken the post at face value without thinking it through. Do YOU regard a 16yo as a "baby boy"?[/quote:f36rtqt1]

As I said, the language is a little sloppy, but to me he is clearly distinguishing between older teens and boys who are not teens. No way do I read it as saying that if the boys are not 17, then they are babies. But I have a great idea. why not ask him to clarify his post. Calling him names is a little over the top.
I especially am amused that you think he has a self-image problem. If I remember correctly on another board you referred to gays who might want to stop child molesting in Sunee as "a gay posse" of nancy marys marching through Sunee with their lighted torches, pitchforks, and their hair in rollers."
Yet you accuse him of having a terrible self-image. I would only describe a very rare few gays in those terms, and yet that is what you think of gay men who might want to stop child molesting. Talk about a weird self image.

Dodger
August 13th, 2008, 08:05
scottish-guy,

I suggest you read Cat's remarks again, only this time, simply take them at face value and don't think too much. You're misinterpreting his meaning, and beginning to make a fool out of yourself in the process.

August 13th, 2008, 08:10
He's Scottish...cut him some slack.

Wesley
August 13th, 2008, 08:31
And Way is it that any post on Sunnee ends up in a slug-fest between otherwise note-worthy and nice posters, almost every thread ends up with people acting holier than thou or The opposite and a few referee's in the middle trying to keep The peace.

Wes

catawampuscat
August 13th, 2008, 10:54
Scottie beam me up.. Scottie is in outer space with his wildly inane interpretation of my posting. It is as clear as the proverberial
bell and not sloppy at all.
The point was there is a difference between a 17 y.o. who is legally considered underage and a crime to engage in sex for baht
and pre-pubescence children, which is before the onset of puberty and usually around 11 or 12 y.o.

No other poster had Scottie's interpretation problem and English is my first language but misunderstanding can take place.
Too bad some men cannot admit when they make an error and move on..

You fuck 10 y.o. for example and they castrate you..
You fuck his younger brothers and I will hold you down while they castrate you..
I have no problem with this and my non-legal definition of pedo is sex with pre-pubescence children of either gender..

Believe it or not , there are men who prey on 6 y.o. and 7 y.o. children and they are not gay men but sick fucks who
damage the children they rape and the rest of the world's image of homosexual men in general, in my humble opinion..

I cannot make it any clearer Scottie so take your hate someplace else and the slippery slope that is your mind with it... :cat:

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 13th, 2008, 12:25

really ? these days I regard anyone under 45 as a "young lad" :drunken:

Aunty
August 13th, 2008, 13:08
No other poster had Scottie's interpretation problem and English is my first language but misunderstanding can take place.
Too bad some men cannot admit when they make an error and move on..

Oh that's real rich coming from you, darling!

Khor tose
August 13th, 2008, 19:47
Scottie beam me up.. Scottie is in outer space with his wildly inane interpretation of my posting. It is as clear as the proverberial
bell and not sloppy at all.
The point was there is a difference between a 17 y.o. who is legally considered underage and a crime to engage in sex for baht
and pre-pubescence children, which is before the onset of puberty and usually around 11 or 12 y.o.

Much better, but may I suggest: "There is a great difference between between the men who have sex with the legally underage (17-13), and the pedophile who has sex with prepubescent children (12 and below).

I did not get after the Scottish guy for jumping to conclusions, but for calling you names. So what do you do, get mad and call him names. For the first time since I have been reading this board I have to agree with Aunty. You are usually such a good poster---don't do this---please.

If English is your first language what words are "proverberial" and "pre-pubescence."

August 13th, 2008, 23:28
[quote="scottish-guy":30wz1ugq][quote="Khor tose":30wz1ugq]Well the language is a little sloppy, but yes Scottish-guy has completely misread the post.

No I haven't - YOU have taken the post at face value without thinking it through. Do YOU regard a 16yo as a "baby boy"?[/quote:30wz1ugq]

As I said, the language is a little sloppy, but to me he is clearly distinguishing between older teens and boys who are not teens. No way do I read it as saying that if the boys are not 17, then they are babies. But I have a great idea. why not ask him to clarify his post. Calling him names is a little over the top.
I especially am amused that you think he has a self-image problem. If I remember correctly on another board you referred to gays who might want to stop child molesting in Sunee as "a gay posse" of nancy marys marching through Sunee with their lighted torches, pitchforks, and their hair in rollers."
Yet you accuse him of having a terrible self-image. I would only describe a very rare few gays in those terms, and yet that is what you think of gay men who might want to stop child molesting. Talk about a weird self image.[/quote:30wz1ugq]

1. Kindly indicate the name-calling to which you refer. I may have suggested (rather mildly I thought) to Mr Cat that a psychiatric assessment might be in order but that is not "name calling" - rather just helpful advice borne out of observation and a desire to be compassionate.

2. I suspect you do not actually recall my "gay posse"post at all but that what you have done is to search through my posts to find it. Either way it is gratifying to know I have a "fan". In fact Mr Cat quoted me from memory in one of his posts a while ago - what a co-incidence and what an impression I must make on you both.

3. I am glad to learn that I amuse you. The amusement of the reader is always a foremost thought in my mind as I sit at night in my garret with a lone candle, pounding the keyboard. I must admit that I am not so rivetted/obsessed by my posts as you seem to be as you can allegedly recall the highlights some weeks later - but was my post not in reaction to someone suggesting that board members should be spying on people in Sunee Plaza, and even taking their photos if they suspected them of being the "p" word? I may be wrong on this but something to that effect sticks in my mind. I take the humble view that Law enforcement is best left to the authorities and not to vigilante mobs of "nancy marys with pitchforks" or indeed vigilante mobs of any description

4. That's all.

Dodger
August 14th, 2008, 02:08
Scotty Quote:

Kindly indicate the name-calling to which you refer. I may have suggested (rather mildly I thought) to Mr Cat that a psychiatric assessment might be in order but that is not "name calling" - rather just helpful advice borne out of observation and a desire to be compassionate.

Scotty, I am also compelled to be compassionate and would like to offer some advice borne out of observation: Put a sock in it, you're starting to sound like a real idiot.

catawampuscat
August 14th, 2008, 02:28
anyone can make a mistake and misinterpret another members' posting, but it takes a man to admit they made a mistake and retract
their error.. Does Scottie admit he made a mistake and misinterpreted my posting or does he take the low road and babble on?

I stand by my assessment that Scottie is in outer space and an alien intelligence whose logic and thought process totally escape me.
Will scottie admit he made a mistake? A man would, as I have often done myself, when in error. A creep wouldn't..
They just spin the truth until everyone gets dizzy.. :cat: I rest my case and this tempest in a teapot has run its course right down
the drain..in my humble opinion of course..

August 14th, 2008, 03:54
I don't think I've read more crap in all my life.

The strident moral outbursts here are pathetic.

It's quite clear to me that most people have no idea what paedophilia actually is.

As concerns the young boys in Sunee, do try to understand that social services in this country are almost non-existent. People have to live. The youth jail at Sattahip has over 500 inmates. This is a country where people turf kids out of the home because they can't afford to keep them.

Get real.

August 14th, 2008, 04:35
As concerns the young boys in Sunee, do try to understand that social services in this country are almost non-existent. People have to live. The youth jail at Sattahip has over 500 inmates. This is a country where people turf kids out of the home because they can't afford to keep them.But, as you say, Thailand has nothing to learn from the West

Aunty
August 14th, 2008, 11:51
I did not get after the Scottish guy for jumping to conclusions, but for calling you names. So what do you do, get mad and call him names. For the first time since I have been reading this board I have to agree with Aunty. You are usually such a good poster---don't do this---please.

It's good to see you coming up in the world, doll!

Aunty
August 14th, 2008, 11:53
anyone can make a mistake and misinterpret another members' posting, but it takes a man to admit they made a mistake and retract
their error.. Does Scottie admit he made a mistake and misinterpreted my posting or does he take the low road and babble on?

I stand by my assessment that Scottie is in outer space and an alien intelligence whose logic and thought process totally escape me.
Will scottie admit he made a mistake? A man would, as I have often done myself, when in error. A creep wouldn't..
They just spin the truth until everyone gets dizzy.. :cat: I rest my case and this tempest in a teapot has run its course right down
the drain..in my humble opinion of course..

Is that the sound of stones being tossed on glass I hear??? Looks like LMTU was right all along!

August 14th, 2008, 17:07
Back on topic..
to young kids..

will be out of sight..

Smiles
August 14th, 2008, 19:32
" ... For the first time since I have been reading this board I have to agree with Aunty ... "
Wow, quite the admission, and I admire you for publicising it.
I went through the same inner turmoil once about 6 years ago ~ when Aunty was half sane ~ and found an occasion to agree with her. Took me weeks to get over it, and I found I had trouble posting a single word on this Board until I recovered.

I'm OK now though.

Cheers ...

Aunty
August 15th, 2008, 09:43
" ... For the first time since I have been reading this board I have to agree with
Aunty ... "
Wow, quite the admission, and I admire you for publicising it.
I went through the same inner turmoil once about 6 years ago ~ when
Aunty was half sane ~ and found an occasion to agree with her. Took me weeks to get over it, and I found I had trouble posting a single word on this Board until I recovered.

I'm OK now though.

Cheers ...

I wouldn't bet on it if I were you! In fact the more people like you who disagree with me, (and look at the company you're in, hovelturd, cattafatslob, Brad the fiddler et al.,) the more likely it is that I'm doing something right!

Smiles
August 15th, 2008, 11:09
" ... I'm doing something right! ... "
Could you expand on that? :blackeye:

Cheers ...

August 15th, 2008, 15:49
Scotty Quote:

Kindly indicate the name-calling to which you refer. I may have suggested (rather mildly I thought) to Mr Cat that a psychiatric assessment might be in order but that is not "name calling" - rather just helpful advice borne out of observation and a desire to be compassionate.

Scotty, I am also compelled to be compassionate and would like to offer some advice borne out of observation: Put a sock in it, you're starting to sound like a real idiot.

Since I didn't take your advice previously, what makes you think that repeating it will increase its effect?

Bye now.