PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 volt "Tasers" now on sale

August 9th, 2008, 16:15
I thought I should report that a letter in the Bangkok Post this week reported that tasers are now available from street-vendors in Pattaya. Of course knives, knuckle-dusters, replica guns etc have long been available - but this new weapon is more frightening.

So if you feel a debilitating, crippling shock: be comforted that they probably only want your money, and not necessarily your life (unless you have a heart condition).

Wikipedia: A Taser is an electroshock weapon that uses Electro-Muscular Disruption technology to cause Neuromuscular Incapacitation and strong muscle contractions through the involuntary stimulation of both the sensory nerves and the motor nerves.

August 9th, 2008, 16:56
DELETED

globalwanderer
August 9th, 2008, 18:31
I thought I should report that a letter in the Bangkok Post this week reported that tasers are now available from street-vendors in Pattaya. Of course knives, knuckle-dusters, replica guns etc have long been available - but this new weapon is more frightening.

So if you feel a debilitating, crippling shock: be comforted that they probably only want your money, and not necessarily your life (unless you have a heart condition).

Wikipedia: A Taser is an electroshock weapon that uses Electro-Muscular Disruption technology to cause Neuromuscular Incapacitation and strong muscle contractions through the involuntary stimulation of both the sensory nerves and the motor nerves.

Actually they have been available for quite some time from my infrequent walks on beach road

August 9th, 2008, 20:23
Is this posted for the interest of those of the S&M fraternity? Are there also nice leather holsters available?

thrillbill
August 10th, 2008, 19:13
Thanks for the info. I think I'll buy one and use it on the pack of dogs that run around at night keeping me awake and also crap all over the beach. ---Wait, they belong to an owner since they have a collar on them.

August 10th, 2008, 20:45
Thanks for the info. I think I'll buy one and use it on the pack of dogs that run around at night keeping me awake and also crap all over the beach. ---Wait, they belong to an owner since they have a collar on them.

Not necessarily. They are likely community pets (basically, strays that hang around a particular area and have been more or less "adopted" by the people that work there), and someone just stuck a collar on it.

thrillbill
August 10th, 2008, 21:33

Not necessarily. They are likely community pets (basically, strays that hang around a particular area and have been more or less "adopted" by the people that work there), and someone just stuck a collar on it.

Good, these "community" pets can be kept at their community's houses during the night and day.

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 10th, 2008, 22:59
Is this posted for the interest of those of the S&M fraternity? Are there also nice leather holsters available?

The perfect weapon for Mrs O'Booze..God help me if she spots one !! :cyclopsani:

August 11th, 2008, 02:01
The letter is also incorrect. These are not tasers, which fire two darts connected by cables to the taser gun and which will take down 99% of people immediately, but small stun guns; while better than nothing, the models sold here are not as effective and pepper sprays (also available are far more effective and can be used at a distance.

Thrillbill,

you may get a shock (literally!) if you use one on a dog as the current can go back up the dog's hair and zap you! If they really annoy you try pepper spray (out of sight of the owners) or a syringe/water pistol filled with your own urine (seriously).

Beachlover
August 18th, 2008, 10:08
The letter is also incorrect. These are not tasers, which fire two darts connected by cables to the taser gun and which will take down 99% of people immediately, but small stun guns; while better than nothing, the models sold here are not as effective and pepper sprays (also available are far more effective and can be used at a distance.

Thrillbill,

you may get a shock (literally!) if you use one on a dog as the current can go back up the dog's hair and zap you! If they really annoy you try pepper spray (out of sight of the owners) or a syringe/water pistol filled with your own urine (seriously).

ROFL... seriously? Squirting dogs with your own urine?

What's so annoying about these dogs anyway? They seemed pretty friendly to me?

August 18th, 2008, 10:40
What's so annoying about these dogs anyway? They seemed pretty friendly to me?Rabies is not uncommon in the dog population that hangs around the Sois of any town or city in Thailand. If you're ever bitten by a dog in Thailand immediately go to a hospital to receive anti-rabies injections. (Another reason Thailand has nothing to learn from the West eh, Dek Wat?)

I saw an advertisement somewhere recently (not Thailand!) for a hand-held device that emits a short, sharp (inaudible to humans) "back off" command to dogs. Optimally it should be a downloadable sound for every mobile phone :bounce:

thrillbill
August 18th, 2008, 17:19
What's so annoying about these dogs anyway? They seemed pretty friendly to me?[/quote]
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

During the day these community stray dogs are usually by themselves--no problem, then at night they seem to run around in packs. I guess being in a nocturnal pack makes them more aggressive but the point is: 1) I have known two people that have been bitten in the leg by these "community dogs" 2) Their at random barking keeps one awake at night 3) How healthy is it having these dogs run on the loose? (love it when I see them sit on some of the outdoor bar tables) 3) Not all of these dogs are taken care of properly except given a collar to wear.

The classic billboard that is up in a couple places in Pattaya is reminding dog owners to pick up their dog's feces/crap/#hit (what ever you want to call those droppings) with a plastic bag when walking your dog!!! :-)