PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya revisited

August 9th, 2008, 06:31
Well my flight is booked,after a break of 28 years Ive decided to see if any new gay bars have opened up in Pattaya since my last visit.There was only one then.
I would appreciate a little advice though from Pattayan residents. I have been offered a Studio in View Talay 2 through Fair Properties. I have only two concerns. In general is the condo in a reasonable state of cleanliness and repair . Also having to pay for the electricity (which I dont mind) but don't like to get ripped off. In general again could any one give me a rough idea of costs.I will be using the AC
Thanks for any help you can give me
John

bottomdad2003
August 9th, 2008, 07:53
Fair Properties are reliable for renting. I have used them in the past and will do so again for friends who are coming later this year. View Talay 2 is in good shape and convenient to many of the gay places in the Jomtien area. Enjoy your trip.

August 9th, 2008, 14:30
The studio will not be owned by Fair properties, so the state of the decor will vary from apartment to apartment. Some are done out like palaces, others are pretty basic. However, all rooms are a fair size and the block is well maintained and has a good swimming pool. Naturally, no problem with guests. Location is good for both the gay beach and the Jomtien gay bars. On one of the main baht bus (song taew) routes into Pattaya.

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 9th, 2008, 15:16
Well my flight is booked,after a break of 28 years Ive decided to see if any new gay bars have opened up in Pattaya since my last visit.There was only one then.
I would appreciate a little advice though from Pattayan residents. I have been offered a Studio in View Talay 2 through Fair Properties. I have only two concerns. In general is the condo in a reasonable state of cleanliness and repair . Also having to pay for the electricity (which I dont mind) but don't like to get ripped off. In general again could any one give me a rough idea of costs.I will be using the AC
Thanks for any help you can give me
John

where the hell have you been going for the past 28 years ??

August 9th, 2008, 16:31
Thanks for all your replies. I'ts gratefully appreciated. From what I have seen from the photos of the Studio it looks well furnished. Concern was that they want 19000 baht deposit and electric charged at 7 baht per unit. The Swift bank transfer for the deposit was not to Fair Properties but to another company. Which I can under stand them being only the agents.

And on a lighter note, this old cow has been spending the winter holidays in Tunisia so after being serviced by the Arabs it will be nice to see what the Thais have now got to offer. But then I,ve always been a size queen, i.e. any size I can get.
John