PDA

View Full Version : NOK AIR IN TROUBLE?

August 9th, 2008, 05:00
I've just had an email from Nok air cancelling my BKK - Phuket flights in October. Due to high fuel cost and low customer numbers they say. No option to change flight, just cancelled. A check on the NOK AIR website reveals that the route appears to be cancelled, certainly in low season.

Following on from the demise of ONE TWO GO, it seems options to Phuket are now limited to the high price carriers - apart from Air Asia with a paltry 15kg luggage allowance

August 9th, 2008, 06:14
DELETED

August 9th, 2008, 06:24
I've just had an email from Nok air cancelling my BKK - Phuket flights in October. Due to high fuel cost and low customer numbers they say. No option to change flight, just cancelled. A check on the NOK AIR website reveals that the route appears to be cancelled, certainly in low season.

Following on from the demise of ONE TWO GO, it seems options to Phuket are now limited to the high price carriers - apart from Air Asia with a paltry 15kg luggage allowance

Get the bus

Yes I could but it's about 12hrs

August 12th, 2008, 06:55
Nok Air are now flying BKK-HKT twice a day on Saturday and Sunday only.

Presumable by "NOW" you mean in August only as there are NO, NONE, ZILCH, NADA BKK-HKT flights in low season from September onwards, on any day of the week

August 12th, 2008, 06:59
[quote="scottish-guy":369160qb]I've just had an email from Nok air cancelling my BKK - Phuket flights in October. Due to high fuel cost and low customer numbers they say. No option to change flight, just cancelled. A check on the NOK AIR website reveals that the route appears to be cancelled, certainly in low season.

Get the bus

How much luggage are you planning to take???[/quote:369160qb]

More than 15kg obviously! The suitcase weighs about 4kg for a start! My luggage normally weighs in around 23kg

The reason for this is that I plan on changing my clothes during the 2 weeks - unconventional I know but what the hell

August 12th, 2008, 07:03
DELETED

Smiles
August 12th, 2008, 07:35
Just checked www.Thaifly.com (http://www.Thaifly.com) and came up with a BKK/Phuket/Bkk flight (early October) for 5440 baht, taxes all in.
Not bad ... grab it.

(Damn, you've quoted ViaRosa all over the map, which means his drivel shows up in your posts even though he's on ignore. Life's a bitch.)

Cheers ...

August 12th, 2008, 08:36
DELETED

August 13th, 2008, 04:59
[quote=ViaRosa][quote="scottish-guy":1dypvf6f]I've just had an email from Nok air cancelling my BKK - Phuket flights in October. Due to high fuel cost and low customer numbers they say. No option to change flight, just cancelled. A check on the NOK AIR website reveals that the route appears to be cancelled, certainly in low season.

Get the bus

How much luggage are you planning to take???

More than 15kg obviously! The suitcase weighs about 4kg for a start! My luggage normally weighs in around 23kg

The reason for this is that I plan on changing my clothes during the 2 weeks - unconventional I know but what the hell[/quote:1dypvf6f]

Take enough for 2 days and use a laundry[/quote:1dypvf6f]

Let's just work your suggestion out:

Monday: Wear clothes for 1 day - let's call these Clothes set A
Tuesday: Put Clothes set A in Laundry and wear 2nd days clothes (herinafter referred to as Clothes set B)
Wednesday: Put Clothes Set B in Laundry and wear Clothes Set A again
Thursday: Put Clothes set A in the Laundry and wear Clothes set B again ....
..... and so on and so forth and suchlike.
Is that a fair summary?

Well I don't know about you, but my idea of a holiday does not revolve arranging my social intercourse around the daily opening and closing times of a Laundry.

Call me old-fashioned.

August 13th, 2008, 05:35
[quote="scottish-guy":tgaxxbyd][quote=ViaRosa][quote="scottish-guy":tgaxxbyd]I've just had an email from Nok air cancelling my BKK - Phuket flights in October. Due to high fuel cost and low customer numbers they say. No option to change flight, just cancelled. A check on the NOK AIR website reveals that the route appears to be cancelled, certainly in low season.

Get the bus

How much luggage are you planning to take???

The reason for this is that I plan on changing my clothes during the 2 weeks - unconventional I know but what the hell

Take enough for 2 days and use a laundry[/quote:tgaxxbyd]

Let's just work your suggestion out:

Monday: Wear clothes for 1 day - let's call these Clothes set A
Tuesday: Put Clothes set A in Laundry and wear 2nd days clothes (herinafter referred to as Clothes set B)
Wednesday: Put Clothes Set B in Laundry and wear Clothes Set A again
Thursday: Put Clothes set A in the Laundry and wear Clothes set B again ....
..... and so on and so forth and suchlike.
Is that a fair summary?

Well I don't know about you, but my idea of a holiday does not revolve arranging my social intercourse around the daily opening and closing times of a Laundry.

Call me old-fashioned.[/quote:tgaxxbyd]

You could always try handwashing the in your loom :clown: :clown: :clown:[/quote:tgaxxbyd]

If I had a loom I could try weaving a new set of clothes every day.
However this would be even more time consuming than the daily trips to the local laundry which you suggested previously - so I think i will pass.

TrongpaiExpat
August 13th, 2008, 11:18
too bad raksiam isn't around to start a poll on this..

note: I really don't mean the last sentence but raksiam was the last poster in my ignore list.. Even aunty & gone fishing have
escaped that fate for the moment and that says something.. :cat:

Raksiam did not leave, just changed names. Clue, Look for pointless polls.

Smiles
August 13th, 2008, 19:56
too bad raksiam isn't around to start a poll on this..

note: I really don't mean the last sentence but raksiam was the last poster in my ignore list.. Even aunty & gone fishing have
escaped that fate for the moment and that says something.. :cat:

Raksiam did not leave, just changed names. Clue, Look for pointless polls.
'Raksiam' is the 'Jingthing' who had a mental breakdown over at Baht-Stop where he insisted (in BOLDED, SCREAMING LARGE SIZE type) last February that Hillary was a shoo in for the Democratic nomination and that if you didn't think the same then you were one fucked up idiot!!!!. There was also long threads on Zionist Nazis running rampant over Palestinian Bus-Bombing Heroes at the end of which 'Jingthing' was literally pulling his cyber-hair out. Quite entertaining for awhile.

Well, folks like that (we have a few here) go down in flames all the time, and he certainly did. 'Jingthing' is currently holding court at the Thai Visa Forum (under that handle) and acting quite often in the same manner ... but different subject :blackeye: The BOLDED SCREAMING LARGE SIZE formatting is used there as well, but not so often.

Cheers ...

sjaak327
August 14th, 2008, 01:26
Why you don't take Air Asia then, presuming your baggage is 23 kg (which is also way to much on international flights of many carriers, who charge 30 euro per kilo), you are looking at 8*80 = 640 baht luggage charge, so that makes an air Asia flight still cheap. And if you're lucky they only charge 5 kg.

Nok Air also had a limit of 15 kg by the way.

August 14th, 2008, 05:00
Why you don't take Air Asia then, presuming your baggage is 23 kg (which is also way to much on international flights of many carriers, who charge 30 euro per kilo)He's packed the kitchen sink

August 15th, 2008, 15:54
Why you don't take Air Asia then, presuming your baggage is 23 kg (which is also way to much on international flights of many carriers, who charge 30 euro per kilo), you are looking at 8*80 = 640 baht luggage charge, so that makes an air Asia flight still cheap. And if you're lucky they only charge 5 kg.

Nok Air also had a limit of 15 kg by the way.

Not if you went Nok Plus - which I did - by the way.