PDA

View Full Version : Russia invades Georga under cover of the Olympics

Aunty
August 8th, 2008, 23:05
Russia invades Georgia while the world's attention is focused on the Olympic opening games. Dirty Russian bastards! The shit will hit the fan on this one!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08 ... index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/08/georgia.ossetia/index.html)

Khor tose
August 9th, 2008, 04:24
Actually Russia invaded Ossetia, after Georgia launched an attack into this break away state. Since Ossetia is mostly Russian, and the Russians are pledged to protect their citizens, (many Ossetians have Russian passports) I do not consider the Russians the bastards. Georgia was the aggressor in this battle--not Russia. Unfortunately Ossetia is in the center of Georgia.
Also Georgia's president Mikhail Sackful, who has been resisting a call for an election--which he would lose--had pledged to take this state back in spite of frequent Russian warnings. I believe El Presidente Saakashvilli thought that the best way to distract an unhappy electorate was a quick war that he thought he would win.
Saakashvilli is another George Bush clone (an idiot), and a big supporter of the Iraqi war. Sorry Aunty, I think he is going to get just what he deserves. Sadly, it will be at the cost of many lives---not that he cares.

Aunty
August 9th, 2008, 06:43
Irrespective of "who started it" which no doubt will be subject to he-said she-said claim and counter claim, South Ossetia is not recognised as an independent State by the International Community, but is still regarded as part of Georgian territory by everybody other than the Russians. Therefore that means Russia has invaded Georgia, a member of the United Nations, in breach of the UN treaty which prohibits member countries from invading each other. I see CNN are now reporting that Russia has spread their war to all of Georgia. I guess that's not an invasion in your terms either then, Khor tose, surely not?

All you fellas want to be careful those plane loads of Russian visitors to Thailand don't suddenly declare Pattaya a "Russian enclave" and demand its independence!

August 9th, 2008, 07:55
... "Georga"? I'm not able to locate it on any of my maps. It may be Georgia, a word which contains far too many vowels for vowel-challenged Nw Zlndrs. After all "see you, Aunty" in txt-speak, another vowel-challenged language that apparently has official status in Nw Zlnd, is "c u NT"

Smiles
August 9th, 2008, 08:21
" ... "Georg(i)a"? I'm not able to locate it on any of my maps. ... "
God you're dense.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/usa-map.gif

Most folks from here spend every waking hour watching Wheel of Fortune reruns. Haven't a clue they've been invaded.

Cheers ...

Aunty
August 9th, 2008, 12:01
Well let's just hope they don't have a military genius of your calibre and achievement in charge of the battle, Beryl, otherwise they really will be in the shit!

Actually I came across a fascinating book about your renowned achievements in the military during your brilliant career in the army, Beryl. It made for fascinating read, all 238 blank pages of it!

Gee that must have been really sad for you the day they kicked your useless arse out! Bwhahahahahahahahahaha

Wesley
August 10th, 2008, 03:39
... "Georga"? I'm not able to locate it on any of my maps. It may be Georgia, a word which contains far too many vowels for vowel-challenged Nw Zlndrs. After all "see you, Aunty" in txt-speak, another vowel-challenged language that apparently has official status in Nw Zlnd, is "c u NT"

and that you would infer anyone to be a "cunt" has to be a delightful reminder of what old age can do!

Wes

August 11th, 2008, 05:28
The Russians invading Georgia will bugger up our chances of getting a gas pipeline from Kazakhstan to Western Europe that does not pass through Russia.

We should send fighter aircraft to the support rest of Georgia immediately.

Beachlover
August 19th, 2008, 20:24
The Russians invading Georgia will bugger up our chances of getting a gas pipeline from Kazakhstan to Western Europe that does not pass through Russia.

The US will not go head to head with Russia or China unless directly invaded or aggressively theatened... They may support allies (eg.Afghan, Georga, Taiwan) with equipment and training but willl never go head to head using its own troops. They may win... but they would be walloped in the process.

August 23rd, 2008, 22:50

The US will not go head to head with Russia or China unless directly invaded or aggressively theatened... They may support allies (eg.Afghan, Georga, Taiwan) with equipment and training but willl never go head to head using its own troops. They may win... but they would be walloped in the process.

Huh? Did you miss the ongoing war in Afghanistan? I am sorry, but I really don't understand this posting.

Beachlover
August 25th, 2008, 03:46

Huh? Did you miss the ongoing war in Afghanistan? I am sorry, but I really don't understand this posting.

I mean the US will never send its troop into direct combat with a major power like Russia or China.

In Afghanistan they're up against terrorists and smaller militant groups.