PDA

View Full Version : Tailor in Pattaya

DeHaro-old
August 8th, 2008, 22:31
Could one of you recommend a tailor in Pattaya ? I need some new shirts. Don┬┤t like the pushy guys on beach road. Thank you.

jolyjacktar
August 8th, 2008, 22:54
Yeh Deharo hi,
I always use Jim on 2nd road. If you come out of Boyz town and cross over 2nd road and then start walking up towards the Lights on South Pattaya road you soon come to a Tailor called Supranee ( I think thats the name), anyhow the guy inside with glasses and Turban is Jim. Good service and real nice guy. Good prices and i know several other gay guys who use him and i was origanly recomended to him by a customer sat in the Ambience coffee shop a few years ago

August 9th, 2008, 00:17
DELETED

August 9th, 2008, 00:43
DELETED

joe552
August 9th, 2008, 02:45
Oh behave!

August 9th, 2008, 16:39
Yeh Deharo hi,
I always use Jim on 2nd road. If you come out of Boyz town and cross over 2nd road and then start walking up towards the Lights on South Pattaya road you soon come to a Tailor called Supranee ( I think thats the name), anyhow the guy inside with glasses and Turban is Jim. Good service and real nice guy. Good prices and i know several other gay guys who use him and i was origanly recomended to him by a customer sat in the Ambience coffee shop a few years ago
I also recommend Supranee tailor (directly opposite the family mart on 2nd road on the corner of the Boyztown Soi).

Just a note of caution. If you like your shirt collars fairly stiff (to wear with a tie) make sure you stipulate that. Otherwise the shirts are made with very soft collars which tend to turn up when worn with a tie - BTW the same applies with the vast majority of Pattaya tailors. The alternative of course is to have a soft but button-down collar.

August 10th, 2008, 06:17
Again, l would recommend Mr Jim, all the clothes l am wearing now come from Jim. he is honest, he does not cheat, he also does not take you out for a meal, (hence he gives you the best price), and his clothes last. i get my shirts embroidered with my initials....the cost??? nil Baht.

You dont barter with Jim, he just gives you the best price.

thaiguest
August 10th, 2008, 07:43
Yeh Deharo hi,
I also recommend Supranee tailor (directly opposite the family mart on 2nd road on the corner of the Boyztown Soi).

Just a note of caution. If you like your shirt collars fairly stiff (to wear with a tie) make sure you stipulate that. Otherwise the shirts are made with very soft collars which tend to turn up when worn with a tie - BTW the same applies with the vast majority of Pattaya tailors. The alternative of course is to have a soft but button-down collar.

None of these 'tailors' make a single shirt or suit.
They use the sweatshop labour of thai tailors (many of whom work on the edges of Sunnee plaza) to produce their sartorial wonders.
Getting 'good' or 'poor' or 'excellent' produce is a hit and miss affair depending on which thai does the work.

Wesley
August 10th, 2008, 08:15
Indeed behave,

Wes

August 10th, 2008, 15:44
DELETED

August 10th, 2008, 15:49
I would recommend Alam at the Amari Orchid Resort

August 10th, 2008, 17:43
[

Let them fantisise they are shopping in Saville Row..............Although looking at some of the patrons at Tailor Jims he must also deal in made to measure tents :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Via Rosa
Do you find it impossible when you are posting not to be insulting to all and sundry on this board?

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 10th, 2008, 23:06
Classic Tailor in Pattaya 2nd Road ...(but the entrance is around the back) will not hassle you, make one shirt, cocktail frock or a dozen. Owned by the brother of the Pattaya Mail owner.

My good friend the High Court judge from the UK get's all his suits made up there..in between doing the usual in town !! :cyclopsani: :cyclopsani: