PDA

View Full Version : Peru

March 11th, 2006, 20:51
Northwest Worldperks want only 30,000 miles for a Delta Airlines' First class return ticket from Atlanta to Lima this Christmas. Very tempting.

I have already been to Machupicchu a few years ago, and feel it's too early to revisit this site again. Is there anywhere else in Peru worth exploring ?. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

( I have already checked LonelyPlanet by the way. But would also like to hear a personal experience from well-travelled Sawatdee members as well)

Davey612
March 11th, 2006, 22:54
If the central railroad is working at that moment, you could try the trip from Lima to Huancayo. It is the railroad that go up to the highest altitute in the world. When I used it, there was a steward who would come around with a rubber ball of oxygen for the passengers.

You can also try the coastal town of Arequipa. And for something out of the jungles, Iquitos.

March 13th, 2006, 01:28
Thanks, Dave, for your input.

I just checked availability for this free award ticket again today. Oh dear, the required miles have changed to 70,000 miles per person !. I wish I had booked the 30,000 miles ticket when I first saw it a couple days ago.