PDA

View Full Version : El Duo in Cafe Royal

August 6th, 2008, 13:14
It was again a great night yesterday a good and honest feedback you can read and see from Oogleman on GayTingTong with some nice pics.

http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic3119.html

The whole program was totally different to the program on Saturday and tomorrow (Thursday) they promised again a different program. Will be there again.

August 6th, 2008, 16:11
Will be there again.Fuck, 60 posts on these two! Did Niddy's Nook get as much publicity?

Patexpat
August 6th, 2008, 18:06
Hi folks тАУ well having been a тАШlurkerтАЩ on this board for a LONG time I have been following the various threads about El Duo with some bemusement.

I have known the boys since they first moved to Pattaya back at the beginning of 2007, and well before they came up with their current stage name and it is because of the respect for the boys that I have not posted before.

The boys are honest, have a fair amount of talent (although IтАЩm afraid I have witnessed their тАШoffтАЩ days too) and they are easy on the eye, and as such I think they have a place in the entertainment scene here alongside the many varied тАШtalentsтАЩ at the various venues many of use choose to frequent.

It strikes me that the biggest problem they have is lack of PROFESSIONAL management. No matter what Toni says he certainly appears to be their wannabe-manager (which of course needs a visa and work permit) and I suspect the boys would be horrified if they actually knew what was being said on this board. (IтАЩm sure you werenтАЩt fooled by the thread that purported to be from El Duo themselves!)

Toni and aliases, you are NOT helping the boys. BACK OFF and give the lads a break. To everyone else IMHO they do make a pleasant alternative choice of entertainment to dip in and out of on Pattaya Social Scene. Some will like them, others not

Sorry if my first post sounds very presumptuous but this has been bottling up inside of me since this whole promotion thing started!

catawampuscat
August 6th, 2008, 18:26
I like the jibe of your sail, patexpat and agree with your assessment of El Duo, althou I am completely indifferent as
to whether Toni is or isn't their manager..
It is amusing to me that homi and the wombat among others get their panties in a twist with the postings on these
two guys..
Trust this old codger, this ain't no Niddy's Nook situation.. What an endless firestorm Niddys Nook created and all
about a mediocre little dive with mediocre food and mediocre service..
El Duo are in a class way above the nonsense created by boasts of the best hamburger and all the rest of the
the silly bullshit from the owner there. These guys are good and gorgeous and worth getting a little free press.

P.S. If Oogleman is trying to get into their pants, he has very good taste in men but one thing for certain is that he
isn't a tightwad or a cheapo but I am hopeful viarosa is trying to be funny and is a friend of his.
How many posting now homintern ?and aren't you secretly pleased to have something to get your teeth into other
than poor aunty? Also this topic should continue to amuse Chao Na and force him into more imaginative one liners and
zingers.. :cat:

August 6th, 2008, 18:29
Also this topic should continue to amuse Chao Na and force him into more imaginative one liners and
zingers.

http://www.liewcf.com/blog/wp-images/kfc-zinger-maxx-burger.jpg

Patexpat
August 6th, 2008, 18:33
touche ... but personally I prefer real Thai beef, not chicken ..... :colors:

August 6th, 2008, 19:32
Thanks toni without your info I would never go there and watch the guys.
Please keep us here informed with all news about El Duo. Good to meet you yesterday in person and thanks for the drink.

Smiles
August 6th, 2008, 19:36
Agree very much with everything Patexpat writes above, especially this:

" ... Toni and aliases, you are NOT helping the boys. BACK OFF and give the lads a break ... "
I would rather like to see these guys myself (their YouTube stuff is schmalzy, but with more reasonable choice of songs ~ 'Moon River'??!! ~ it could easily be a good hour or two of entertainment) . . . but the old pimps who are furiously touting them on this Board and others are doing them no favours what so ever. What a turn off.

Toni reads very much like LMTU ... talking about old touts.
And Pascal above ... is there a sentence you've posted on this Board since joining that does not do a disservice to El Duo?

To quote a notorious Board Member who lacks all credibility, who has Thai boys sitting on his face all evening, and who never ever goes to Pattaya, but yet puts all this stuff most succinctly:
" ... Fuck, 60 posts on these two! Did Niddy's Nook get as much publicity? .. "
And look what happened to Niddy's.

Cheers ...

August 7th, 2008, 00:35
Fuck, 60 posts on these two! Did Niddy's Nook get as much publicity?[/i] .. "
And look what happened to Niddy's[/quote]

How sick are you all who permanent write against this El Duo and that toni? One guy is promoting 2 popular singer and what? I prefer this more as a cheap beer promotion in any go go bar on this forum.
A while ago you worry about the work permit. Now they run 2 nights with full house even its raining in Pattaya on Tuesday. So thats all success and you still give your bad comments. But funny it's just from these guys who never watch them or see them live. It's right when the people say they never saw the Cave Royal so busy between 10pm and 1am in the past couple month.
Whatever this toni is - his promotion and information was ok. And if you see on the other comments. He is not the only one.

It's also funny that the topic not regarding money boys and fuck around are not the level of some guys here. Unbelievable that people can enjoy Pattaya without any sex or money boy topic. But guys thats happen now
Be fair and dont use this forum as compensation for all your disappointments of your day or life.

sjaak327
August 7th, 2008, 03:42
I think we need to put the attention for these two guys into some perspective.

I mean, they are performing in Pattaya of all places, not your typical place to go for entertainment beyond the go-go variety.

In Bangkok, those two guys would probably not invoke so much attention.

I do like the bands that play in Tawandaeng and Issan Tawandaeg over at Pattanakarn, I bet they are more fun then those two.

Geezer
August 7th, 2008, 03:48
тАЬIf Oogleman is trying to get into their pantsтАжтАЭ

GET INTO THIER PANTS? For heavenтАЩs sake, is that all you degenerates ever think of?

I like filthy sex just as much as the next guy, but carnal lusting after those fresh faced, unspoiled youths is beyond the pale -- and donтАЩt you try to tell me they have already engaged in unwholesome activities. I wonтАЩt hear of it!

I donтАЩt want to have intimate relations with them: I just want to ADOPT the younger one.

August 7th, 2008, 11:03
Couple days ago someone suspected I would be the Manager of Cafe Royal. Now someone said I am the Manager of these 2 guys and what I am next week? The Managing Director of Sony/BMG? Just to be a friend and supporter is for some of you maybe out of your fantasy. Maybe because you know only that you have to pay for friendship here in Thailand.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15320.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/sat-2-aug-el-duo-cafe-royale-t15320.html)

But by the way - today (Thursday) is again a EL Duo Night in Cafe Royal and if every fan, friend and supporter is a Manager of these 2 guys I guess it will be a big Manager meeting tonight.
I will be in time because last time I cant get one of the best seats because I was 5 minutes late in the first set.

It is also a shame how some of the poster here wrote about Oogleman.
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15320.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/sat-2-aug-el-duo-cafe-royale-t15320.html)
That what he did in the past some of you will never be able or willing to do. He did a party from www.gaytingtong.com (http://www.gaytingtong.com) for all members with free drinks and food all night long 2 weeks ago. The party was to bring people together and being friends. He invited me for a drink last Tuesday in Cafe Royal. So what? If he write a feedback about some venues and entertainments in Pattaya he was there and not like some of the poster here sitting fat and old in there room and just suspect something. Never thought that human beings can be so poor acting. Feel sorry for some of you guys who are always so bad and negative thinking.

August 7th, 2008, 11:19
just come down toni and ignore these poster
back to the topic:
see you tonight at 9.30pm at Cafe Royal
looking forward whats the music program tonight?

Smiles
August 7th, 2008, 11:25
Good grief ... now we have touts touting touts. What next? :albino:

Cheers ...

August 7th, 2008, 11:27
... some of you guys who are always so bad and negative thinking.It's a sacrifice some of us fat old guys are prepared to make

Patexpat
August 7th, 2008, 12:46
[quote="toni6969"]Couple days ago someone suspected I would be the Manager of Cafe Royal. Now someone said I am the Manager of these 2 guys and what I am next week? The Managing Director of Sony/BMG? Just to be a friend and supporter is for some of you maybe out of your fantasy. Maybe because you know only that you have to pay for friendship here in Thailand.

Toni, please read my original post.

It states WANNABE-MANAGER because that is how you are behaving - as a WANT TO BE MANAGER - way beyond any reasonable, normal mentioning of these two guys on this forum. There is no other explanation for it other than you have a commercial interest, or may WANT to have a commercial interest in these guys. You certainly are happy to appear and give the impression that you are close to these guys, which in itself demonstrates that you are hardly unbiased.

Everyone knows about the EL DUO website now - I'd be interested to know if they actual endorse that site officially - so anyone that wants more information can refer to the website, not this forum.

As for 'Maybe because you know only that you have to pay for friendship here in Thailand.'

Just how insulting can you get? I may be wrong but I strongly suspect my social and professional contacts are way outside your league Toni - but I'm happy to be corrected.

What you and your co-horts fail to recognise is that you are alienating the very people who form their audience. Your attempts at promotion are amateurish, over simplified, blatant and obsessive and are so boorish that you cannot recognise when less can actually be more.

What El Duo need now is the chance to perform and perform well. If they do, the rest will follow without your nonsense.

August 7th, 2008, 13:27
Everyone knows about the EL DUO website now - I'd be interested to know if they actual endorse that site officially ...

They do.

www.el-duo.com/ (http://www.el-duo.com/)

August 7th, 2008, 14:17
Everyone knows about the EL DUO website now - I'd be interested to know if they actual endorse that site officially ...

They do.

www.el-duo.com/ (http://www.el-duo.com/)

I think so too.
Have a look on follow link:
http://el-duo.com/news.php

But anyway I will ask them tonight

August 8th, 2008, 03:57
Great Night today and I guess I think I saw this toni but he did nothing and just listen the music. The guys came sometimes to him and talk. Only that. They respect him - They not treat him like a normal guest. God knows why.

The performance was great.

August 8th, 2008, 13:33
If they don't make it in Pattaya, perhaps El Duo would consider relocating to New Zealand. It looks like their repertoire might be in demand there.

Crooner clears streets faster than Mozart

Wellington - United States crooner Andy Williams' Moon River proved more effective than Mozart's The Magic Flute in getting rowdy merry-makers off the streets in the early hours of the morning in a New Zealand experiment reported on Thursday.

As part of a trial aimed at reducing nighttime violence, the Hamilton City Council played different music between 3 am and 4 am on weekends to encourage revellers to move along.

Andy Williams, known for such hits as Moon River and Everything Is Beautiful, proved a more effective "environmental disruption" than Mozart, usually emptying the streets in 40 minutes, the Waikato Times reported. (dpa)

andrewcraig
August 8th, 2008, 13:49
Great Night today and I guess I think I saw this toni but he did nothing and just listen the music. The guys came sometimes to him and talk. Only that. They respect him - They not treat him like a normal guest. God knows why.

The performance was great.

Was he the guy sitting by himself at a table that requested Killing him softly with my song. There was only 8 farang for the first set.

It doubled for the second set. Forget all the shit about Moon River they have a great range of numbers

August 8th, 2008, 16:19
[quote="
Was he the guy sitting by himself at a table that requested Killing him softly with my song. There was only 8 farang for the first set.
It doubled for the second set. Forget all the shit about Moon River they have a great range of numbers[/quote]

No I am not that one. I am younger. Here 2 picture from last night.

August 9th, 2008, 00:21
Nobody in Cafe Royal. El Duo not sing tonight.
Will have a look again tomorrow (Saturday)

August 9th, 2008, 17:13
Is anybody of you coming there tonight?
Will be in Cafe Royal 10.00pm.
I will sit at the bar if I can get one seat there.

August 9th, 2008, 22:07
DELETED

August 10th, 2008, 08:35
I wish someone would go and throw rotten eggs at them then we would have something interesting to read about

Lower Level or Via Rosa! I guess you never listen or see these guys but just attacking them.
It's so poor acting and the lowest level I ever notice.
Maybe you have experience with rotten eggs that's why you know this so well.

PeterUK
August 10th, 2008, 11:52
Succumbed to the hype and went to check out their show last night. Verdict: easy on the eye, easy on the ear. Not voices that one would want to queue for hours in the rain to listen to, but certainly not 'shite' either. The young men themselves exuded such vitality and good humour that it was impossible not to warm to them and to find one's own mood becoming lighter. We left after the first set, but only because my Thai companion had a stomach ache (food-related!) - otherwise we'd both have happily stayed longer. With drinks no more expensive than if we'd been sitting out on the terrace, it's easy to recommend this show to anyone who fancies an hour or two of more innocent entertainment than is generally available in Pattaya.

August 10th, 2008, 12:53
Not voices that one would want to queue for hours in the rain to listen to

In other words, mediocre? Something like you might find in the cocktail lounge of a Ramada Inn somewhere in the boondocks?

PeterUK
August 10th, 2008, 13:57
In other words, mediocre?

A typically negative way of putting it. Like I said, easy listening and, combined with their good looks and likeable personalities, an enjoyable experience. What do you want for the price of a couple of drinks, Madonna with full stage effects?

August 10th, 2008, 14:03
Madonna with full stage effects?Now, that would be mediocre

August 10th, 2008, 14:53
Agree totally with PeterUK: "exuded such vitality and good humor that it was impossible not to warm to them and to find one's own mood becoming lighter" .
Look, these are not great voices: they each have about four notes, with an extra one or two on very strained falsetto, and the little one was totally flat to my ear. But you don't come to Boystown for high art - bring your opera CDs for that.
Their energy and good looks make for a fun and pleasant night, putting them way ahead of the many pinoy groups one encounters in the lounges of Asia.
I thought they gave 110% of what they had (if only the go-go boys would put in the same effort).
Well done on the hotel's management for securing a totally appropriate and fun group.

August 10th, 2008, 14:54
When entertained by professional "singers", I expect them to be of professional caliber. Based on their self-posted samples, they are not. What they look like and their onstage pandering to slobbering senior citizens do not do anything to change that.

August 10th, 2008, 15:26
DELETED

August 10th, 2008, 15:28
DELETED

August 10th, 2008, 17:14
Say Again or stick to your mother tongue as your tinglish is crap :geek: :geek:

I expected a brainless comment like that. Confirm your low level. Fell sorry for you. But it's OK as long you fell good and happy Via Rosa.