PDA

View Full Version : BOYFRIEND or BOY FOR RENT???

August 5th, 2008, 15:16
How to call тАЬBOYFRIEND or BOY FOR RENT?

Some falangs who spending there holidays in Thailand and meet a boy. Now they going to spend the next 2 weeks with him. They call him after 2-3 days my тАЬBoyfriendтАЭ I think the words my тАЬBoy For RentтАЭ sounds similar and fit much better.
ItтАЩs same with all the guys who paying there boys monthly to stay. Is it true love or a
Boy for rent?

August 5th, 2008, 15:36
. Is it true love or a
Boy for rent?

If money is involved its a fantasy for hire. As a paying customer you are more than entitled to call it what ever you choose.

If I rent a car I dont go around sayng, lets take a drive in the "rental car" to your brothers. I say lets take a drive in "the car", I want to see Nontaburi you've told me so much and it sounds sanuk. We could stop at your brothers on the way and get that CD of when you were a prince in the school play and take him with us as you said his GF (non paying) lives there too......blah blah blah.

August 5th, 2008, 16:05
BF? Yeah sure. In the beginning the rent-a-boy gives the impression of being a sincere boyfriend.
After some time the deeper feeling subsides and the BF becomes a friend.
At this moment I'm living with a non-paying tennant or even worse, I give him a daily allowance so that he doesn't starve and he doesn't have to push my motorbike around town.

If people ask me: "Do you have a BF?" I can sincerely answer: No! There is a guy living in my house, using my washing machine, drinking my coke, using the shower and watching my TV, but he's not my BF.

catawampuscat
August 5th, 2008, 16:22
I like to use the term "regular".
Can be simply my regular or my regular boy or regular guy.Other prefer to use "my boy" or "my boyfriend" and some even "boyspecial" and worse.

I think it makes us feel better to be connected to another person, even if it is a paid employee of sorts.

So many straight men can't have a conversation without saying "my wife" and "my kids" this and that.. At the end
of the day, it really doesn't matter and usually doesn't last very long either, with notable exceptions of course.. :cat:

August 5th, 2008, 16:33
Be it in Thailand or any where else in the world 80 or 90% percent of the time when a young guy in his late teens early twenties lives and sleeps with a guy two or even three times his age it is, to put it politely an exchange of gifts. His youth and beauty for your wealth and security.
BTW Have many of you noticed how your new found Thai boyfriend will sweep the floor, wash the dishes etc for the first couple of weeks or so to impress you then once he thinks all is well finds the favorite bar boy position which is laying on the sofa with TV remote firmly stuck to his hand.....bless em!

August 5th, 2008, 17:24
DELETED

August 5th, 2008, 17:31
And we still keep paying the little hookers :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

We. I don't think so. You and sanook, maybe.

August 5th, 2008, 17:35
And we still keep paying the little hookersWhat is the point you are trying to make?

Dodger
August 5th, 2008, 17:36
I knew a guy named Jimmy K who inherited close to two million dollars when his grandmother passed away. He quit his job as a salesman in a retail store in a flash, purchased a large estate, a shiny red sports car, a sailing yacht, and started throwing lavish parties for all these friends who seemed to just permeate out of the woodwork. Not only was he rich (at least for the moment), but he was perceived as being the most popular guy in town. Included in this new flock of close friends was a constant stream of beautiful young girls which was something Jimmy was never exposed to back in his "old life" due to the fact that he was extremely over weight, drove a Pinto station wagon and had a face like Alfred Hitchcock.

After a few major drug busts he started losing it all. First the yacht, then the house and then the sports car. These so-called friends who used to worship the ground he walked on, withered away back into the woodwork as fast as they appeared. He's lucky now if he can even get a girl to talk to him, let alone dance naked for him in the moonlight like in his previous life style.

Such is the way of life.

If a person desires something (or someone) that under normal circumstances would never be within their reach or capabilities, thus categorized by the masses in society as a fantasy, he has a choice: Either find a way to be content living a life without having it, or find a way to purchase it and experience the fantasy in real life.

Jimmy K, who was obviously a fool and didn't understand the first thing about money management, to this day, refers to one of those bikini clad young beauties as his old girl friend. There's know doubt that his perception of those days back when he was the wealthy Prince of Chicago's Burnham Harbor, is skewed...to us outsiders anyway, although, to Jimmy, she was real.

There's no doubt that Jimmy, regardless of what the rest of his life holds for him, will cherish that two year period as being the most memorable and fulfilling period of his life. That's more than I can say about any other guy I know who drives a Pinto.

I was married once for 17 years and when it came down to the divorce it was all about the money. I often wonder if in fact she was ever really my girl friend - or just another one of those figments of a fantasy ???

Who knows.

bing
August 5th, 2008, 17:42
A rose by any other name is still a sweet smelling flower. What you call your friend of a few days or a few years is of minor interest compared to emotional tie or bond. Whenever we notice a the May December relationship, we can call it what we want but remember what the Arthur said to Pellinor, "Sometimes the drops of water do sparkle."

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 5th, 2008, 18:02
who cares ???

how many men out there are married to women who are little more than courtesans ?..and who really gives a stuff ?

August 5th, 2008, 18:03
I said to a friend who was in a position described above, that surely he realizes it is not "real" his answer was "when his cock is up my ass and his tongue is in my mouth and I'm just about to blow it feels "very real"

Aunty
August 5th, 2008, 18:07
No money, no hunny. Where's the bf in that?

Boyfriend, regular, special friend? That's bullshit. There's nothing "special" about it. You're a John, he's a ho. If you don't believe that, turn off the money tap and see how long your 'special friend' stays engaged with your scintillating personality and bad wig, wouldn't you agree catty?

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 5th, 2008, 18:19

Boyfriend, regular, special friend? That's bullshit. There's nothing "special" about it. You're a John, he's a ho. If you don't believe that, turn off the money tap and see how long your 'special friend' stays engaged with your scintillating personality and bad wig, wouldn't you agree catty?

oh you wicked old Aunty..I speak from experience from having been said ho when young...and I was a ho with a scintilating personality that quite like some of my Johns.

Now I like being a John and I love hos !

I threw my last lover ( English) out the window years ago ( he survived) and now he looks worse than me, fatter than me and has a bad wig but I still have my scintillating personality.

August 5th, 2008, 18:28

Some falangs who spending there holidays in Thailand and meet a boy. Now they going to spend the next 2 weeks with him. They call him after 2-3 days my тАЬBoyfriendтАЭ I think the words my тАЬBoy For RentтАЭ sounds similar and fit much better.
ItтАЩs same with all the guys who paying there boys monthly to stay. Is it true love or a
Boy for rent?

What do you suggest they should call him then?
Calling him a "Rent Boy" in his presence is sometimes considered rather impolite, even if it's perfectly accurate.

I don't see the problem with the use of the term Boyfriend & in any case most people will know it's an asymmetric relationship.

August 5th, 2008, 21:28

Boy for rent?

Euro-Gay, you have set up a very familiar dichotomy: (a) this boy is with me for LOVE, or (b) this boy is with me for MONEY.

As an heir to many years of Cartesian thinking, you seem to think that whenever your brain sets up a dichotomy, it corresponds to something in reality. This is something I refer to as a priori thinking -- where the Grand Thinker settles back in his armchair and thinks beautiful thoughts, and then (alas) goes out to impose them on the real world. This kind of thinking brought us Christianity (and the idea that "homosexuality was against nature") -- and it also brought us the horrors of Communism.

I would suggest to you that your dichotomy has almost no point where it touches the real world. As one off-hand example, my American boyfriend was utterly "free." He was certainly not a rent-boy and never even thought about himself in those terms, But now, many years later, when I add up what he actually cost me -- free room and board for most of ten years, plus car crashes and emergencies -- I have to think it was more than $100,000. A breath-taking sum -- but that's over ten years, at a time when I was making pretty good money in the Silicon Valley, and doing everything I could to get him launched on his own two feet. In the end, the only way to do that was to leave him.

But where would he fit in your dichotomy? Is your attempt to split the world of boyfriends into two completely separate camps really something that corresponds with reality?

I think that if you come and live in Thailand for five years or so, you will find your proud dichotomy a rather tattered and useless thing. For me, there is something more important than your question -- and that is the boy's character and morality. Plus his energy and willingness to work and succeed.

But I may be preaching to the converted -- again!! :-(

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 5th, 2008, 21:54
I introduce any new friend as my "new research assistant"..a term I picked up from the Aussie PM, Sir Les Patterson.

August 5th, 2008, 22:49
I introduce any new friend as my "new research assistant"..a term I picked up from the Aussie PM, Sir Les Patterson.

It certainly works much better than some suggested alternatives!

sjaak327
August 6th, 2008, 00:05
At the end of the day, they are hookers, and you're the client.
Sometimes people would go beyond that particular relationship and indeed become boyfriends or whatever. I know of several Thai/Farang hetero sexual couples where this happened. I myself have never paid an off fee, and have never paid for sex, so I wouldn't personally know.

Not saying that it is wrong, but going to a go-go bar, and "offing" a boy (or girl) is not something I would do.

August 6th, 2008, 00:22
DELETED

globalwanderer
August 6th, 2008, 00:46
what is in a name anyway. Whatever the individuals are happy with seems ok to me. N is my friend. Simple.

yedo111
August 6th, 2008, 02:12
Money is the answer to all your problems , thats why Im still working hard.
Without money life is just no fun, especially if you need food or sex .

August 6th, 2008, 04:42
... I myself have never paid an off fee, and have never paid for sex, so I wouldn't personally know.

Not saying that it is wrong, but going to a go-go bar, and "offing" a boy (or girl) is not something I would do.

Either from gogo bars or websites like gaydar I prefer to pay for sex because:
(a) I can have sex with someone I find attractive, at a time and place that is convenient to me.
(b) The type/style of sex can be agreed before offing.
(c) There is no requirement for gifts/money beyond what was agreed at the offing time.
(d) If the offed boy becomes tiresome just pay him and move on to the next one.
(e) It's cheaper in the long run.

I sometimes get offers of free sex but it's always from guys I don't fancy.

allieb
August 6th, 2008, 13:54

Spot on Aunty but what should we call them when introducing them to friends we run into in say a bar? I don't think even you would say "Oh hi meet my latest whore" We know that they are whores but I would be interested to know what other board members would feel appropriate to call them when introducing them

I would just say Hi meet tutu or tata or whatever the boy 's name is ands leave it at that.

sjaak327
August 6th, 2008, 13:59
I fail to see why someone would want to call them anything. I thought the purpose of going to hookers was to get laid, after the deed you go your separate ways.

But of course in Thailand, people assume the obvious (and sometimes NOT the obvious) without giving it much thought.

allieb
August 6th, 2008, 14:05
I fail to see why someone would want to call them anything. I thought the purpose of going to hookers was to get laid, after the deed you go your separate ways.

But of course in Thailand, people assume the obvious (and sometimes NOT the obvious) without giving it much thought.

Because there is a lot of unsatisfactory sex out there. When a farang finds one who is irresistible and exceptionally good at his job he's worth hanging on to for the duration of the vacation or until a better one comes along

francois
August 6th, 2008, 16:18
what is in a name anyway. Whatever the individuals are happy with seems ok to me. N is my friend. Simple.

Absolument Globalwanderer! When questioned of my relationship with a friend, the answer is, "because he is he and I am I".

August 6th, 2008, 17:09
DELETED

globalwanderer
August 6th, 2008, 23:32

Absolument Globalwanderer! When questioned of my relationship with a friend, the answer is, "because he is he and I am I".

Whatever happened to the Royal We?????????

you'd prefer 'we are we'

what ever suits.....

Dodger
August 6th, 2008, 23:37
I guess I find myself calling him Sweetheart in the mornings...Darling after sex...by his Real Name when we're out in public...and Asshole when he eats all my ice cream and leaves the empty carton dripping on top of the TV.

I avoid names like Rent Boy or Ho...as they just seem a bit impersonal to me.

globalwanderer
August 6th, 2008, 23:49
I guess I find myself calling him Sweetheart in the mornings...Darling after sex...by his Real Name when we're out in public...and Asshole when he eats all my ice cream and leaves the empty carton dripping on top of the TV.

I avoid names like Rent Boy or Ho...as they just seem a bit impersonal to me.

quite right, they after all people not objects

August 7th, 2008, 01:52
I don't see the problem with the use of the term Boyfriend & in any case most people will know it's an asymmetric relationship.

z909,

I see your point, but I disagree with what "most people will know", or will assume they know about an "asymmetric" relationship - if you both put in everything you have, I consider that equal; if you do not, then it is as much a mutual convenience as a relationship; I see nothing wrong with that, as long as both can recognise it for what it is. I have given my views on my relationship with my legal, sexual and moral partner (which is how I refer to him) here before, as I have done with my previous relationship formed when on holiday here (whom I prefer not to refer to at all!).

[quote=Yaraboy] I know of a number of LTRs ; all with non bar boys.

I simply know of "a number of LTRs". I am not perceptive enough to be able to tell whether they were bar boys, massage boys (bar, beach, body, or foot), beach boys, freelancers, or those who are just "helped" by their partner, nor am I prejudiced enough (in person, at least) to see the point in asking.

None of these boys are truly impoverished -- even the worst off of them has shoes, plenty to eat, clean clothes, and a roof waiting for them back at home. Most of them have cell phones, motorcycles, and money for going out. тАж..

"None"? тАж My partner happened to leave "home" with no shoes, nothing to eat, no clothes apart from those he was wearing, and no home to return to, with or without a roofтАж.

Yes, until the car, house or condo is paid and they are on the save side. "...I stay with him now 3 years, 5years etc I trust him and I will buy a house in his name...." тАж. The house is still there, the BF (Ex) live still there but the one who paid it ones rent a small room in Sunee somewhere because there is not much money left anymore.

Well, the car, house, etc are paid; the new "town" car is in his name, the older country pick-up in mine; similarly, the motorbikes. The house is owned jointly (dual directors, single signature) and additional land here and in his home village is in his name (in his home village, with no title deeds of any description, it would be difficult to be anything else). All bank accounts, including those in the UK and offshore, are also in joint names, single signature. He could walk away tomorrow, legally and morally, with more than if he won the jackpot on the lottery (Thai, unfortunately, not UK or US) and all he would be giving up would be me and a pension - and he would also have half the pension if I were dead.

We both, in my view, put in equal amounts (everything we had) and that is what we are both entitled to. What is he waiting for? I do not know, but after more than five years it cannot just be out of curiosity, sympathy and the dogs.[/quote:1z0470hw]

Shuee
August 8th, 2008, 02:50
your paying so your saying, obviously the falang thinks his f*ckbud is the best looker in the bar, hence thats why he offed him,

if the falang feels gratified to call him his bf, all be it for 2 days or 2 weeks, & show him off to all his friends to make him feel good, until the next falang offs him, or the falang finds a better one to call his swaetheart, then you can.... this is what the scene attracts

you can be the oldest & smelliest falang in the city, wiping your thai guys arse with your unwanted & used 1000bt notes, so if you got money to part with, then its gay for pay, so call him what you like, but be sure that the truth will be dwelled upon when your friends ask for the facts like, where did you meet him, how long have you know him, etc etc

i read in the paper today about a billionaires party, now millionaires yeh ok, but billionaires, i wouldnt even know where to start dreaming!

if i were a billionaire i would have my own hidding underground Boistown, full of the best lookers from thailand, & none with gaping arse holes, who prevalently send falangs money back home to mama - i really must stay off the gin!!!!!

catawampuscat
August 8th, 2008, 10:16

It is indeed sad when Tourette Syndrome afflicts a Joan Crawford wannabee and it has been hominterns' burden to take care of his poor old
addled misbegotten relative. Now, it appears poor auntie has become totally delusional and joined up with the now blessedly banned for life
former scoop reporter, who insisted that this poster wears a dead raccoon on his head among other tacky comments.
well, sad aunty your attempt to hurt this posters feelings is about as effective as your vindictive and endless attacks at homintern...

For the record, the former 'scoop reporter' had it all wrong and any of my many fellow posters who know who this poster is, will confirm that the
only thing on my head is a baseball cap during the day and nothing at nite. Next, aunty you can try the old catty can't fit thru a doorway unless
he goes in sideways or some of the other endlessly nasty and mean spirited falsehoods out of the poison pen of a village idiot and sociopath.

I actually sympathize with the colonel and can understand the white man's burden a little better as he has had to look after his pathetic misbegotten
offspring all this time and now this sad creature is trying to attach himself to this poster in the same manner.

I thought the days of the village idiot/sociopath were finished but it looks like aunty will pick up the mantle and try to continue the attacks on
personal appearance (of course, just the fabrications of another mad man) and seek the low road. As this posting will draw out the moaners and
groaners who think petty disputes between posters don't belong here, I agree and will not play into aunty's insanity and return aunty to ignore.
Too bad some posters "quote" aunty and I have to see references to "catty" and therefore respond in kind but not in kindness..
I salute the colonel and his mission. :cat:

August 12th, 2008, 02:51
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." This might just be true, when considering foreign languages only.

But I used to have a friend who amused himself by playing with different words, and "conjugating" them. e.g.
I love children.
You are a scoutmaster.
He is in jail.

Or:
I have firm convictions.
You are stubborn.
He is pig-headed.

Let us move beyond the Plain Of Ignorance, where people think that all terms are equal, and let me specifically suggest that these terms are NOT equal:
WHORE
PROSTITUTE
BAR-BOY
BAR HOST
Now, it seems to me perfectly obvious that Americans and Europeans will automatically gravitate to PROSTITUTE, which is one of the most negative words in the English dictionary. It does little good to remember that the term was pretty neutral in Ancient Greece -- even positive, as when citizens of Rhodes would boast of the many attractive boys in their city who were willing to play for pay. The word HUSTLER is much less negative.

But I'm not posting this to make everyone agree with me -- just to make everyone more aware of semantics. If circumstances actually required me to introduce a favored bar-host at a party -- not bloody likely -- I would introduce him by his NAME. If I said something over-the-top, such as "This is my latest male whore" -- well, he might understand that, or someone else might translate it for him. And I would have burned his face forever. Not recommended.

Pay attention to the culture, and the language.

August 12th, 2008, 03:10
DELETED

August 12th, 2008, 05:10
"
Let us move beyond the Plain Of Ignorance, where people think that all terms are equal, and let me specifically suggest that these terms are NOT equal:
WHORE
PROSTITUTE
BAR-BOY
BAR HOST
Now, it seems to me perfectly obvious that Americans and Europeans will automatically gravitate to PROSTITUTE, which is one of the most negative words in the English dictionary. It does little good to remember that the term was pretty neutral in Ancient Greece -- even positive, as when citizens of Rhodes would boast of the many attractive boys in their city who were willing to play for pay. The word HUSTLER is much less negative.

Generally, the people who have a negative opinion of the word "prostitute" have that opinion because they have a negative opinion of the profession.
As a user of prostitutes, I personally consider the word to be no more negative than "builder", "doctor", "plumber" etc.

However, I would try to avoid using the word in front of prostitutes, just in case they do not share my views on the terminology.

August 12th, 2008, 05:45
Generally, the people who have a negative opinion of the word "prostitute" have that opinion because they have a negative opinion of the profession. As a user of prostitutes, I personally consider the word to be no more negative than "builder", "doctor", "plumber" etc.I agree absolutely. It's this interminable middle-class and in particular American obsession of peddling in euphemisms that then become the new orthodoxy. Mind you, what could be more middle-class than marrying one's mistress, as poor old Brian did

August 12th, 2008, 12:08
Generally, the people who have a negative opinion of the word "prostitute" have that opinion because they have a negative opinion of the profession. As a user of prostitutes, I personally consider the word to be no more negative than "builder", "doctor", "plumber" etc.I agree absolutely. It's this interminable middle-class and in particular American obsession of peddling in euphemisms that then become the new orthodoxy. Mind you, what could be more middle-class than marrying one's mistress, as poor old Brian did

Sex worker, whore, prostitute, host, barboy, slut, boyfriend, life partner, husband, bitter queen, open minded educated class act....how can they all be the same person??? The answer is they are what ever you chose them to be...and your choice was probably made unconsciously when you were a little kid listening to and watching what your parents, culture, and the moral authorities in your life said and did.

The first big lie that we as Americans were taught in school is that they came to America "for religious freedom." The truth is that they were kicked out of Europe for being religious nuts. The Pilgrims even managed to be thrown out of two countries, England and Holland. America's curse since the begining has been the self rightous, narrow minded, judgmental, sexually repressed, religious nuts that were shipped to America with "Do Not Return" painted on the side of the old junk ships they were deported on. John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin recognized this fatal flaw in American culture and did everything in their power to protect America from these nuts in both the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Europeans didn't get off any luckier....The Catholic Church, with all of its repressed old queens in dresses teaching youngsters what they should believe, and we all know what the priest were doing on the side. Then along came Martin Luther and he decided that he knew better...and started teaching a whole new line of shit.

To those of you that look down your long judgmental nose's at the boys who work the bars and streets of Thailand and think of them as whores, prostitutes, etc. I would suggest that you try unthinking the "stuff" that you where taught either consciously or unconsciously as a child and move on as a happier less judgmental person. You will feel so much lighter (<:)) and happier with all of the childhood baggage left behind.

August 12th, 2008, 12:41
To those of you that look down your long judgmental nose's at the boys who work the bars and streets of Thailand and think of them as whores, prostitutes, etc. You've missed the point completely - I'm not looking down my nose (or any other appendage) - and neither is z209. I'm calling (here comes a cliche) a spade a spade, and bemoaning others' inability to do the same

August 12th, 2008, 13:27
To those of you that look down your long judgmental nose's at the boys who work the bars and streets of Thailand and think of them as whores, prostitutes, etc. You've missed the point completely - I'm not looking down my nose (or any other appendage) - and neither is z209. I'm calling (here comes a cliche) a spade a spade, and bemoaning others' inability to do the same

I think that you have made my point. It would appear that in this and many other of your post a sad and tortured childhood is on display for all to see.

August 12th, 2008, 13:32
I think that you have made my point. It would appear that in this and many other of your post a sad and tortured childhood is on display for all to see.You have admitted to being an American; I don't think it comes any worse than that :bounce:

Bob
August 13th, 2008, 10:04
You have admitted to being an American; I don't think it comes any worse than that :bounce:

Colonel, whichever way you swing (which I guess means either QE2 and/or Prince Charles sitting buck naked on your face), I'd suggest in your case that British may be far worse. Still pissed off because we kicked your asses out of here?

August 13th, 2008, 10:07
Still pissed off because we kicked your asses out of here?Are you asking that question as an adult, Bob?

PeterUK
August 13th, 2008, 14:45
Still pissed off because we kicked your asses out of here?

You wouldn't have managed it if the Duke of Wellington had been born twenty years earlier!

August 13th, 2008, 15:40
These are incredibly silly arguments. A lot of countries have been kicked out of other countries, so to speak. The Brits, the Yanks, the Dutch, the French, the Thais, the Indonesians... the list is endless and the silly argument just goes in full circle.Yes - let's not mention Vietnam, which achieved a unique double with the French and then the Americans

Dodger
August 13th, 2008, 16:33
It will be interesting to see which country is standing on the podium the most at the Olympics. Right now the Americans are edging out the Chinese on total metal count while all the other country's are standing back in the dust looking stunned.

GO YANKS...kick some ass!!!

August 13th, 2008, 16:39
GO YANKS...kick some ass!!!You will, of course, be putting that in the context of the relative populations of each country, won't you?

Dodger
August 13th, 2008, 16:43
No, absolutely not.

We're winining...winning...winning, and that's all that matters...555

Dodger
August 13th, 2008, 17:20
Homi Wrote:

You will, of course, be putting that in the context of the relative populations of each country, won't you?

Yes, on second thought, I will apply your rationale. The only reason the Chinese are giving us (Yanks) such a hard time is because they have so many bloody people. If it weren't for that, we'd be kicking their asses as well.

Aunty
August 13th, 2008, 17:34
Still pissed off because we kicked your asses out of here?

You wouldn't have managed it if the Duke of Wellington had been born twenty years earlier!

These are incredibly silly arguments. A lot of countries have been kicked out of other countries, so to speak. The Brits, the Yanks, the Dutch, the French, the Thais, the Indonesians... the list is endless and the silly argument just goes in full circle.

You are right fattman.

Introduction
The War of Independence plays such an important part in American popular ideology that references to it are especially prone to exaggeration and oversimplification. And two uncomfortable truths about it - the fact that it was a civil war (perhaps 100,000 loyalists fled abroad at its end), and that it was also a world war (the Americans could scarcely have won without French help) - are often forgotten.

For those who are interested they can read on at:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/em ... s_01.shtml (http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/empire_seapower/rebels_redcoats_01.shtml)

Smiles
August 13th, 2008, 19:35
" ... I have given my views on my relationship with my legal, sexual and moral partner (which is how I refer to him) here before, as I have done with my previous relationship formed when on holiday here (whom I prefer not to refer to at all!) ... "
. . . and the rest of the Board (in Collective Brain mode) have been given the juicy luxury of being able to totally ignore them.

Cheers ...

August 14th, 2008, 05:03
" ... I have given my views on my relationship with my legal, sexual and moral partner (which is how I refer to him) here before, as I have done with my previous relationship formed when on holiday here (whom I prefer not to refer to at all!) ... "
. . . and the rest of the Board (in Collective Brain mode) have been given the juicy luxury of being able to totally ignore them.So he's a serial polygamist as well

August 14th, 2008, 06:44
Yes, on second thought, I will apply your rationale. The only reason the Chinese are giving us (Yanks) such a hard time is because they have so many bloody people. If it weren't for that, we'd be kicking their asses as well.Watching the Olympic glory is apparently soooooooooooooo important for the Americans they're even ignoring their own heroes on the official US Olympic television network -

NBC fails to show Michael Phelps record-breaking swim
Swimmer Michael Phelps made history yesterday but major broadcaster NBC did not show it live. After moving the swimming finals to suit its advertisers, US television giant NBC didn't show Michael Phelps' historic swim live yesterday. The juggeranut network haggled with Olympic authorities and other networks around the world for several years to have the swimming finals moved to the mornings to cater for the US prime time television audience.

At one stage, NBC threatened to withdraw their nine figure rights deal if the finals were not switched to mornings. Swimming bodies complained about the change because of the way it would affect the swimmers' preparation. They were forced to re-arrange all lead up swimming events to ensure swimmers were well prepared for the dramatic change. But we can reveal today that Michael Phelps' and other major swimming finals have not been telecast live into the US even though the events have started in prime time in the US.

When Phelps swam for his tenth Olympic gold medal yesterday, Los Angeles NBC was screening entertainment program, Access Hollywood. The network then crossed to a live news bulletin when the news presenter promoted Phelps' swim by saying: "Will Michael Phelps make Olympic history?" The US star had swum - and won - the race half an hour before the news bulletin was aired.

Swimming finals are traditionally held in the evening at all major swimming events.
Full story - http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/b ... 13,00.html (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/beijing_olympics/story/0,27313,24177810-5016813,00.html)

thaiguest
August 14th, 2008, 08:01
At the end of the day, they are hookers, and you're the client.
Sometimes people would go beyond that particular relationship and indeed become boyfriends or whatever. I know of several Thai/Farang hetero sexual couples where this happened. I myself have never paid an off fee, and have never paid for sex, so I wouldn't personally know.
not saying that it is wrong, but going to a go-go bar, and "offing" a boy (or girl) is not something I would do.

If paying an 'off' fee is not something you would do and if you, wouldn't 'personally know' about relationships going on to becoming a girlfriend/boyfriend situation what the f--k are posting here for? Go to some other forum and respond to something you would do and that you might personally know something about.
Sorry, I shouldn't finish a rhetorical question with a preposition....rephrase....'what the f--k are posting here for, dork?

August 14th, 2008, 19:59
Sorry, I shouldn't finish a rhetorical question with a preposition

Don't worry about it. "Ending a sentence with a preposition" is a mythical crime. As Winston Churchill (half-American) put it to some half-wit editor who wanted to "correct" such a "mistake:"

THIS IS SOMETHING UP WITH WHICH I WILL NOT PUT.

:-) Churchill was a damned good writer, too!

PeterUK
August 14th, 2008, 23:54
No, I think the half-wit editor was right: you should never use a preposition to end a sentence with.

piston10
August 15th, 2008, 02:30
Oh Peter, where has your impeccable sense of style gone (to)? It should be: you should never use a preposition to end a sentence up with.

thaiguest
August 15th, 2008, 08:44
Sorry, I shouldn't finish a rhetorical question with a preposition

Don't worry about it. "Ending a sentence with a preposition" is a mythical crime. As Winston Churchill (half-American) put it to some half-wit editor who wanted to "correct" such a "mistake:"

THIS IS SOMETHING UP WITH WHICH I WILL NOT PUT.

:-) Churchill was a damned good writer, too!

I didn't mention the word 'sentence'. I referred to a 'rhetorical question'. I read all the Sir W.C rebuts when I was in playschool ie. "if i were your husband I'd drink it" et al.

August 15th, 2008, 23:45
Oh Peter, where has your impeccable sense of style gone (to)? It should be: you should never use a preposition to end a sentence up with.

"Honor & courage are terrible things to end a sentence with a preposition up with for."

August 16th, 2008, 00:45

. . . and the rest of the Board (in Collective Brain mode) have been given the juicy luxury of being able to totally ignore them.

Well, Slimes, while you might be able to speak for yourself fortunately you do not speak for "the rest of the Board", no matter how much you might like to. Once your own relationship has lasted more than a few months of living together and you realise that the difference between foot, body and beach massage is one of semantics only your opinion may be worth listening to - until then it is of value only to the rest of the Bored. Grow up.

Beachlover
August 21st, 2008, 20:18
Ending sentences with prepositions isn't acceptable in formal old traditional English... but perfectly acceptable and normal in modern English. Anyone who says otherwise has spend too much time buried in theory and academics and has little idea of the real world of business and communications.