View Full Version : Where will HE be 5 years from now?

August 5th, 2008, 10:28
There are those of whom we do not speak. And, of course, there is him of whom we are not allowed to speak. (Did I miss the ONE of whom we DARE not speak?) And then there is HE whose name we now may shun to speak for fear it my cause a tear to be shed, well a tiny drop anyway, no matter which way we might vote our desires in the following poll. But voting what we might WANT to happen would only polarize this board's results between the first and last options, the shadenfreuds and the notshadenfreud equals, so vote where you would put your baht.

Where will HE be five years from now?

August 5th, 2008, 11:40
You mean Kevin Quill?

elephantspike
August 5th, 2008, 12:05
I voted "You missed one, dummy (state below)" :

WTF are you talking about???

August 5th, 2008, 13:07
WTF are you talking about???I assumed he wasn't talking about The One Who Never Smiles

August 5th, 2008, 13:10
I got quite start just then. Surely he refers to Thaksin, or our dear President Hu Jintao

August 5th, 2008, 13:55
Ah ok, HE is up-to-me? Than the correct choice isn't there, sorry!

sjaak327
August 5th, 2008, 14:10
he will be PM of Thailand in a few years. (I presume Thaksin is the subject of this poll).

August 5th, 2008, 14:12
Aw I thought it was a quiz.

Prison hey?

Hmmm, er you know Gary Glitter was released don't you? A little worse for ware but on his feet I read. Five years from now he will surely be dead. And not much missed.

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 5th, 2008, 18:10
WTF are you talking about???I assumed he wasn't talking about The One Who Never Smiles

is it the Ghost Who Walks ?

got me beat..who the f*ck is it ?

August 5th, 2008, 18:32
I don't know of anyone called HE, therefore unable to participate in the poll!

Smiles
August 5th, 2008, 18:45
" ... Who is HE ... " The King of Thailand? Jim Lumsden? Kevin Quill . . . or someone else that the idiot who posted this thread thinks no one can mention the name of.

The owner of this poll is a new handle of some other handle. He's been on this Board for a total of 8 posts ~ under this handle ~ and this ridiculous 'poll' is a windup pure and simple (which makes him a troll pure and simple). This poll thread should be somewhere else on this Board, other than the Gay Thailand Forum. Preferably the Archives: as a good example of a troll post.

Actually, I thought he was speaking of my guy .... who I hope is a baht-billionaire sometime down the road.

Cheers ...

August 5th, 2008, 21:11
Actually, I thought he was speaking of my guy .... who I hope is a baht-billionaire sometime down the road.

And by that time you will presumably be a baht-pauper?? :cheers:

With that sort of hope maybe it is a sub-conscious hint that you are paying him too much!

August 5th, 2008, 21:33
I presumed it was Toxin, and voted for "imprisoned for life in Graceland without possibility of parole."

Difficult matter to arrange, though!

August 5th, 2008, 21:56
You mean Kevin Quill?

Not Kevin! We should all be in unison on that one.

HE is indeed he who rules as we speak. Think "taxing".

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 5th, 2008, 21:56
perhaps he's referring to HEDDA !

August 5th, 2008, 22:26
HE is indeed he who rules as we speak.

Samak?

And what are we supposed to be in "unison" on, regarding Kevin Quill. I asked who he was a while back, and no one seems brave enough to give the story that we are supposed to be in unison on.

August 5th, 2008, 23:05

Samak?

HA. You must not be in Thailand then. Everyone in Thailand knows who he is behind the scenes, pulling the strings, playing both sides of the coin.

Follow the money! The plane leaves for the BVI soon. I voted EXILE.

August 6th, 2008, 12:14
Er bonjour Arnoid, your written English has almost made you unrecognisable, lost the accent already?

August 6th, 2008, 13:14
perhaps he's referring to HEDDA !

Then someone should cast a vote for "Lecturing"!

August 6th, 2008, 13:46
Er bonjour Arnoid, your written English has almost made you unrecognisable, lost the accent already?

Brit milah prepuce sunnah, c├жdere (cedric, 'my dear')
a practice defended through the use of myths

You think I'm not born here?

August 6th, 2008, 13:47

Samak?

HA. You must not be in Thailand then. Everyone in Thailand knows who he is behind the scenes, pulling the strings, playing both sides of the coin.

Thaksin is in control, from behind the scenes? Is that why his lawyers have been thrown in prison, his wife has been sentenced to join them (following appeals, of course), and all of the anti-corruption cases against him are going full steam? Haven't you seen the pale, helpless look on his face in recent weeks? That's not the look of someone who's in control.

August 6th, 2008, 14:55
[quote=Ponbkk]

Samak?

Thaksin is in control, from behind the scenes? Is that why his lawyers have been thrown in prison, his wife has been sentenced to join them (following appeals, of course), and all of the anti-corruption cases against him are going full steam? Haven't you seen the pale, helpless look on his face in recent weeks? That's not the look of someone who's in control.[/quote:1h0jk3dh]

I DON'T know, Chao Now. OK. I JUST had this conversation with a fair-English speaking taxi driver during an awful long ride home:

Taxi Driver: So Booosh from America, He come to Thailand?
I say: Yupp. He come to Thailand. He go to Mae Sot. He will speak to Burmese people.
Taxi Driver: Yeah, Mae Sot. I know. They show in Rambo movie.
I say: He will get his picture taken, then he will leave Thailand.
Taxi Driver: Yeah, I know! HaHaHa
I say: Traffic SO bad today!
He say: Mob stopping traffic.
I say: Samak Get Out or TAKSIN Get Out
Taxi Driver: Yeah, You know! HaHaHa.

duhhhhhhhhhhh

August 6th, 2008, 16:01
Well, with such a well-informed source as a Bangkok taxi driver, you clearly have access to analysis of a greater depth than any of the rest of us ever could.

August 6th, 2008, 19:28
clearly have access to analysis of a greater depth

maybe then the Oracle will speak again ...

August 6th, 2008, 20:23
You mean Kevin Quill?

Sorry, but either you are a legend in your own mind, or you have no communications skills. I cannot think of anybody already in prison (your first choice "Still in prison" implies that he's already there) who would be considered to be someone we can't talk about. Other than Kevin, who sadly is in prison but who you said is not the topic of your poll, the other choices I would have considered such as the one who wears frocks, the one who never smiles, and Herr Thaksin (and there's no reason why his name can not be used), are not in prison currently.

Who the f*ck are we supposed to assume you are referring to?

Agreed with Smiles: the OP is a classic example of not only a troll post, but an example of how to totally exclude any potential value from a poll.

August 7th, 2008, 08:49
[quote="Chao Na":33vsaxop]You mean Kevin Quill?

Sorry, but either you are a legend in your own mind, or you have no communications skills. I cannot think of anybody already in prison (your first choice "Still in prison" implies that he's already there) who would be considered to be someone we can't talk about. Other than Kevin, who sadly is in prison but who you said is not the topic of your poll, the other choices I would have considered such as the one who wears frocks, the one who never smiles, and Herr Thaksin (and there's no reason why his name can not be used), are not in prison currently.

Who the f*ck are we supposed to assume you are referring to?

Agreed with Smiles: the OP is a classic example of not only a troll post, but an example of how to totally exclude any potential value from a poll.[/quote:33vsaxop]

As my name might imply I am from Bangkok and I am posting about BANGKOK and not about Pattaya or Mr. Quill.

And BTW just-in-case I am NOT the former pollster debonnaire and convicted "troll" RAKSIAM but just another Sawatdee poster (from Bangkok) morphing along. I thought I might now fill the pollster position (but I am having 2nd thoughts suddenly).

Since Pattayagay became Sawatdee we are are all now "together as one" I guess and we need to make space for each other including us Bangkok posters.

And about Bangkok and Mr. Taksin I guess the poll shows we all think he IS in trouble but don't believe he will ever suffer the same misfortune (the first choice) as 'someone else' (very unfortunately) did. Not a surprise at all, I guess. And I suppose that in the future we might make a comparison of the result here in terms of, yes, fairness of the system re one or the other, but that is NOT my intention to compare the two here.

And five years from now anyone then sitting in jail starting since 1 year before, or 2, or 5, or 10 years before would then be "still in". Wouldn't he?

I hope discussion of Kevin's dire predicament and how it might be remedied, how impossible that may seem, continues, but in an another thread. I know the basics of the situation, all I need to know, and I am not "trolling" for any details. Hope you understand.

August 7th, 2008, 08:55
Hope you understand.

Uh, not really. Clarity of expression is obviously not your forte. I hope you do better in verbal communication.

August 7th, 2008, 08:55
DELETED

August 7th, 2008, 09:08

Brit milah prepuce sunnah, c├жdere (cedric, 'my dear')
a practice defended through the use of myths

You think I'm not born here?

OK Cedric, I think I got ya this time ...

The new accent's from chatting Thai guys in chat rooms and talking to taxi drivers.

August 7th, 2008, 09:17
the oblique references to Taksin

Just to Taksin?

I DID NOT MEAN KQ!

OHHH I'M SSSSOOOORRRRRRRYYYYYY.

THIS POLL IS NOW CLOSED.

Onto a special "Global" Poll now (maybe) ...

August 7th, 2008, 13:06
The new accent's from chatting Thai guys in chat rooms and talking to taxi drivers.

Ahhhh. Herro Arnie, that explain it. Where you go me, win win situation? I fix you hot. Said the Chinese delegate to president Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe after his spectacular one horse race victory.

Could it be Mugabe? Sure he has some Baht stuck in Zurich, he often stops in Thailand on his way to Malaysia where he is treated like a kiiiiiiing.

fedssocr
August 7th, 2008, 20:03
I voted for exile too, but think you should have put PM on the list.

August 9th, 2008, 09:02
Anyone who thinks Thaksin is gone for good ought to look at the history of "Field Marshall" Phibun.
There are lots of "second acts" in Thai politics.
Heck, who'd a thunk Samak would make a comeback?

August 9th, 2008, 18:54
I voted for exile too, but think you should have put PM on the list.

Covered under "Still ruling Thailand or the rest of SE Asia".

That is right, Samak did come back :-(

Wesley
August 9th, 2008, 20:05
No one should ever speak again about my lack clarity in posting... well never mind.

Wes

August 10th, 2008, 20:50
Yep...sure looks like Thaksin's in control. Guess that taxi driver was right. In fact, he's so in control, he's afraid to come back.

August 11th, 2008, 01:50
Yep...sure looks like Thaksin's in control. Guess that taxi driver was right. In fact, he's so in control, he's afraid to come back.

And so in control that Channel 3 gave a full and detailed list of all the offences he is alleged to have committed on tonight's news!

August 11th, 2008, 12:01
Still in prison 6% ( 2 )
Already released 0% ( 0 )
Still in appeals 10% ( 3 )
Self or imposed exile 36% ( 11 )
Pardoned/exonerated 23% ( 7 )
Lecturing 0% ( 0 )
Private baht-billionaire (half as wealthy) 6% ( 2 )
You missed one, dummy (state below) 6% ( 2 )
Still ruling Thailand or the rest of SE Asia 10% ( 3 )

Total Votes : 30

For the record the votes of this day.

August 11th, 2008, 12:02
The plane leaves for the BVI soon.

He rules from there now. From his cell phone, on a warm, sunny beach.

August 18th, 2009, 11:15
One year later ...

It's useful, I think, to look back on this and see where we are along the "curve" in the continuing saga before us. As many of you know a petition has been delivered demanding, asking, begging for a "pardon" based on three million signatures of his "red-shirt" supporters, which the government can only dismiss, for which otherwise has been reported in the Post that TEN MILLION signatures have been collected asking that the pardon NOT be granted. It should be interesting to see how far this can go. For those of you unfamiliar with the situation he was "ousted" in the '06 coup under allegations of corruption but returned to Thailand and was convicted of bribery in the "BIB" (bag in box) land scam bribery scandal. Sentenced to three years in prison under appeal he was allowed to attend the 2008 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony from where he fled to England, but was eventually denied visa. Other misfortunes that have befallen him include "forced" sale of his soccer team, divorce and alchoholism, it is widely reported. In April 2009 his supporters tried to topple the government of Abhisit Vejjajiva (Songkran Day riots). Unlike others whom WE know, he believes that he should be given special consideration, special forgiveness for his conviction, he deserves special exoneration. He rallies his supporters now from undisclosed locations via live satelite feeds (obviously his own satellites).

As it stands today, those who choose the option "self or imposed exile", the majority of votes would win. But there is still 4 years to go. If you haven't already you can still vote in the poll. If anytime during the next four years he goes to prison and then five years from the anniversary date he is "still in prison", then that poll option is the correctly chosen option. That may not seem sensible from the present view, but that's the way it works.

Breakingnews ┬╗ Breakingnews
Chavarat: 10m oppose Thaksin petition
Writer: BangkokPost.com
Published: 17/08/2009 at 05:22 PM

Interior Minister Chavarat Charnveerakul said on Monday that more than 10 million people throughout the country have signed in opposition to the petition for a royal pardon for Thaksin Shinawatra.

He said this after the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship submitted its petition to the Office of His Majesty's Principal Private Secretary.

Mr Chavarat insisted that those who signed the opposition had not been forced to do so. The ministry had no intention to put the number of signatures up against the UDD's list. It just wanted to advise them of the correct procedures regarding a petition to His Majesty the King.

"I have ordered the permanent secretary for th interior to put the names on the websites of every province and the Interior Ministry," he said. He had yet to decide when to stop the signing campaign.

The minister said of the 10 million people who signed against the petition, 4.7 million were in the Northeast - the accepted stronghold of the UDD.

DCbob
August 18th, 2009, 16:44
Depends on who "HE" is.

August 20th, 2009, 10:22
....As it stands today, those who choose the option "self or imposed exile", the majority of votes would win. But there is still 4 years to go. If you haven't already you can still vote in the poll. ...

This is not an issue that's going to be decided by "petitions".
There are very powerful forces behind his exile (and I don't mean the peeepul).
The Game is not yet over...though it may be in the next 4 years.

August 20th, 2009, 13:36
No wonder Thailand and its Finest are the butt of jokes among Western police forces. Here's a former policeman who became wealthy first through the monoply concessions his former colleagues gave him for supplying equipment to the police, and then became extraordinarily wealthy, and then bought himself a political party so he could become Prime Minister so he could exploit further opportunities to benefit his family.

August 21st, 2009, 01:33
Let's at least be accurate.

The only custodial sentence he is facing is two years for his ex-wife buying some land at public auction from the SRT while he was PM and so technically on the board of the SRT (land which the same court found she bought legally and allowed her to keep). Despite three years of investigation no evidence has been found of any other alleged offences.

August 21st, 2009, 06:31
Let's at least be accurate.

I've often been accused of seeing the forest through the trees! Yes, indeed, it was his WIFE, K. Pojamon who got the three years (and seems to have shaken it).

Well, his 2-year conviction seems severe enough to have caused him to flee and also seek a "pardon" in some rather "dodgy" manner (let's just use that word for now to avoid the forbidden discussion (invlvmt of the monarchy)) when properly his wife should submit that on his behalf after he is IN prison IN Thailand. It's a worrisome move. But we gotta wait at least 60 more days now (evaluation of petition).

August 21st, 2009, 07:30
when properly his wife should submit that on his behalf after he is IN prison IN Thailand. It's a worrisome move. But we gotta wait at least 60 more days now (evaluation of petition).

but they are divorced

August 21st, 2009, 08:07
but they are divorced

I was also once told I am not very good at planning :-(

August 23rd, 2009, 01:44
But we gotta wait at least 60 more days now (evaluation of petition).

Not quite sure what you are talking about - petitions to the King are regularly ignored even after they have been delivered. The death penalty, for example, is seldom applied as most of those sentenced to death automatically appeal to the King for clemency and the appeals are never answered. A genuinely commendable and pragmatic solution.

August 23rd, 2009, 05:20
The clash of the Thai personality cults is hotting up again with a big pro-Thaksin rally on 8/30. The palace has already wheeled out their man, who has called for the "unity of the Thai people or we'll all be ruined".