PDA

View Full Version : The One Who Looks Back....

August 5th, 2008, 00:04
As an older man who prefers younger guys, I have a couple of things I have learned.

First of all, when walking through shopping centers and other public places, you will very likely come across a hundred (or a thousand) boys whom you would gladly invite into your life. I say: enjoy the eye candy for what it is. But notice The One Who Looks Back.

It may only happen once a year, but it is a total waste of time chasing the other guys. When you find that guy who returns your glance...well, who knows what may happen? If you are very lucky, it could be Christopher Isherwood and Don Bachardy all over again, with completely different people of course.

PeterUK
August 5th, 2008, 13:08
And the Look Back In Anger in the public places of our home countries is what no doubt prompted many of us to start coming to Thailand.

August 5th, 2008, 13:28
And the Look Back In Anger in the public places of our home countries is what no doubt prompted many of us to start coming to Thailand.

Oops.

August 5th, 2008, 21:07
Henry, I think you may be preaching to the already converted :bounce:

Well, that would be a refreshing change! :blackeye:

August 5th, 2008, 21:14

I always remember that night in the seafood restaurant in Pat Pong with my friend from the UK. A couple of boys came in to deliver drinking water, and the one who bent over to set the bottles in the right place had such a handsome posterior that I did a Wrong Thing and Looked Too Long. However, I did not actually drool.

A few of the waiters noticed, and, before we knew what was happening, they were all openly flirting with us. "Do you think my hair looks best like this...or like this?" "You have boyfriend already!??" "You very handsome man" etc. etc.

One may wonder about the sincerity of all this -- I detected only lots of sanuk -- but it seems beyond question that this would NEVER happen in Farangistan -- not even in the Castro.

August 6th, 2008, 12:05
One may wonder about the sincerity of all this -- I detected only lots of sanuk -- but it seems beyond question that this would NEVER happen in Farangistan -- not even in the Castro.

In the UK we call it "being sent up" and while it may be all very good natured, it's essentially racist and homophobic.

August 6th, 2008, 15:09
It may only happen once a year,

ONCE? From that we might think that you are not in Thailand.

Here in asia its all eyes everywhere glancing back and forth onto then off of the television screens blaring luxury consumer product ads. What is it that they all seem to see at once? What keeps their attention?

bing
August 6th, 2008, 20:05
You are on target in saying that you never know when you will meet a cute young man in an unexpected place. A year ago while doing some sightseeing in Bangkok with my Thai friend who has been an acquaintance of mine for a few years. He wanted an ice cream cone. He spoke in Thai to the ice cream guy and the two cones were made quickly. The Thai worker put out his hand for payment to me, but my friend paid for the cones. The ice cream man we so apologetic and even dug up a few words in English to say he was sorry for thinking I would pay for the ice cream. A big smile followed, and a few minutes later he joined us at our table and chatted up a storm. If I had not been with a friend already, this ice cream guy would have loved to join me. Being open to meeting others is a state of mind, and really can happen almost any time.